Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Would You Pair Up/matchmake A Relative With A Close Friend (or Vice Versa)? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Pair Up/matchmake A Relative With A Close Friend (or Vice Versa)? (762 Views)

Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us / I Am Sexually Attracted To My Close Friend! What Do I Do? / A Close Friend Of Mine Is Wooing My Girl Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Pair Up/matchmake A Relative With A Close Friend (or Vice Versa)? by Ndipe(m): 4:08am On Nov 28, 2012
Imagine the scenario, you have a relative who is single as well as a close friend currently seeking a mate. Would you pair them up with hopes they might have a future together or would you simply stay out of their personal lives? I decided to pose this question on Nairaland over divergent views people have on being a matchmaker. Some would back out of this role for fear that a broken relationship (particularly if it ends badly would summarily destroy their friendship (particularly since blood is thicker than water in most cases) And even if it leads to marriage and there is 'wahala' in the union, they might be called upon to intercede or even blamed for introducing one another. (Abi, you go hear your friend complain one day, "Your sister did not cook for me, your sister . . . ) A certain man who introduced a close friend to his relative got caught in the middle when the duo had problems during their courtship that after their marriage, his relationship with his friend took a nosedive and never fully recovered. I know of two women who maintained they wouldnt be a matchmaker so as to stay above the fray (instead of being blamed) in times of trouble. But there are heartwarming stories of union formed courtesy of one being introduced to the other.

Would you or wouldnt you?
Re: Would You Pair Up/matchmake A Relative With A Close Friend (or Vice Versa)? by luvmijeje(f): 5:15am On Nov 28, 2012
Am d definitn of what's called a matchmaker.I luv bringing people 2gether.
Re: Would You Pair Up/matchmake A Relative With A Close Friend (or Vice Versa)? by dmcdad: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2012
I would... The thing is, I'll have a thorough examination on both parties individually to know their cravings in a union. If I discover they have an affinity, then I'd be glad to bring them together.. After bringing them, I'll always keep an eye and make sure I help them in making it worthwhile...
Re: Would You Pair Up/matchmake A Relative With A Close Friend (or Vice Versa)? by Ndipe(m): 3:51am On Nov 29, 2012
dmcdad: I would... The thing is, I'll have a thorough examination on both parties individually to know their cravings in a union. If I discover they have an affinity, then I'd be glad to bring them together.. After bringing them, I'll always keep an eye and make sure I help them in making it worthwhile...

That's being intrusive.
Re: Would You Pair Up/matchmake A Relative With A Close Friend (or Vice Versa)? by dmcdad: 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
Ndipe:

That's being intrusive.

Nah... When I act more like their counsellor?

(1) (Reply)

Two Girls And A Boy. / How To Keep A Date With A Mom Love. / To The Ladies: Love Is Not A Favor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.