Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us (1725 Views)

Meet The 15 Hottest Mums In Nigeria Entertainment Industry! / Would You Pair Up/matchmake A Relative With A Close Friend (or Vice Versa)? / Do You Matchmake? What Are Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by igbagbomi: 12:49am On Aug 12, 2014
Okay guys. I will spare you unnecessary details. Im above 27, Mum has always been complaining about me being single and all that. Was on a visit, when she introduced me to a 'close' friend of hers, who hails from a neigbouring town in Kaduna (They actually hate being referred to as Hausas). Next thing i heard was "we were just discussing about you and her daughter, you guys will make great couple!. Sounds like a typical scene in a nollywood movie right?. I bursted out in laughters and it was embarrasing. The poor girl is just 17 going 18!. I made them see reasons, they said you guys would like each other, sha meet her first. They even went further to show me her pictures. She's fair, young and tall (taller than me actually, about 5.9' sha). I kinda admire her but i consider three things, 1. The age gap (seems wide) 2. She's inexperienced (probably a V) 3. I detest arranged relationship (especially when moms are involved).
What do you guys think?
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by femimike1(m): 2:36am On Aug 12, 2014
I think ur mom is just suggesting,and not imposing d girl on you, so d case is so simple ..

5 Likes

Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by akpur1(m): 7:04am On Aug 12, 2014
What ur mum did is the best. U get married to girl who would be respectful because of age gap 2. After child birth she would not be as old 3. Dont miss this chance because you may marry a virgin. Sorry abi na girls wen after child birth then they look like your mother then look for girls ur senior with seven years below. Marry her and love her age gap is nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Dygeasy(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2014
akpur1: What ur mum did is the best. U get married to girl who would be respectful because of age gap 2. After child birth she would not be as old 3. Dont miss this chance because you may marry a virgin. Sorry abi na girls wen after child birth then they look like your mother then look for girls ur senior with seven years below. Marry her and love her age gap is nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by lokito: 8:34am On Aug 12, 2014
You should be happy her mom is trying to give out a precious jewel to an old cargo like you. Lol

Na joke I dey o grin

6 Likes

Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Yemlizzy(f): 8:57am On Aug 12, 2014
Hmmm at this new age!
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 12, 2014
akpur1: What ur mum did is the best. U get married to girl who would be respectful because of age gap 2. After child birth she would not be as old 3. Dont miss this chance because you may marry a virgin. Sorry abi na girls wen after child birth then they look like your mother then look for girls ur senior with seven years below. Marry her and love her age gap is nothing.
What is this one saying? What has age got to do with virginity nowadays? Next time, you smoke RESPONSIBLY! angry angry
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 12, 2014
igbagbomi: Okay guys. I will spare you unnecessary details. Im above 27, Mum has always been complaining about me being single and all that. Was on a visit, when she introduced me to a 'close' friend of hers, who hails from a neigbouring town in Kaduna (They actually hate being referred to as Hausas). Next thing i heard was "we were just discussing about you and her daughter, you guys will make great couple!. Sounds like a typical scene in a nollywood movie right?. I bursted out in laughters and it was embarrasing. The poor girl is just 17 going 18!. I made them see reasons, they said you guys would like each other, sha meet her first. They even went further to show me her pictures. She's fair, young and tall (taller than me actually, about 5.9' sha). I kinda admire her but i consider three things, 1. The age gap (seems wide) 2. She's inexperienced (probably a V) 3. I detest arranged relationship (especially when moms are involved).
What do you guys think?

I don't think its a bad idea, you guys can start with friendship that way you do not proceed to husby and wife if you don't like each other enough also i think she has a lot of growing up to do to know if she wants to marry a man like you. smiley
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by marieolae(f): 10:33am On Aug 12, 2014
Let me be real with you ehn..this girl is still very young. In her mind now I dnt even think she is ready for marraige. What she's focused on now is her education. I don't really believe in arranged marraiges because they never seem to work. But anyways, get to know this girl very well and see if she is mature enough to fit your standards. And by the way..being a virgin is a very good thing oo..many guys are looking for what you have right in your hands.

2 Likes

Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by igbagbomi: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2014
marieolae: Let me be real with you ehn..this girl is still very young. In her mind now I dnt even think she is ready for marraige. What she's focused on now is her education. I don't really believe in arranged marraiges because they never seem to work. But anyways, get to know this girl very well and see if she is mature enough to fit your standards. And by the way..being a virgin is a very good thing oo..many guys are looking for what you have right in your hands.
Thanks. My point is shes yet to get her footing in life. At that age, her self-knowledge is just coming up, as in what she likes or love. Btw, i dont really care about the virgin ish..maybe cos i never had any v bfore!
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by rawpadgin(m): 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
ur mum is sharp woman na
am 30 yet my mum always advice me to stay away from woman until am fully ready to settle down
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by WhyAWhy(m): 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
igbagbomi: Okay guys. I will spare you unnecessary details. Im above 27, Mum has always been complaining about me being single and all that. Was on a visit, when she introduced me to a 'close' friend of hers, who hails from a neigbouring town in Kaduna (They actually hate being referred to as Hausas). Next thing i heard was "we were just discussing about you and her daughter, you guys will make great couple!. Sounds like a typical scene in a nollywood movie right?. I bursted out in laughters and it was embarrasing. The poor girl is just 17 going 18!. I made them see reasons, they said you guys would like each other, sha meet her first. They even went further to show me her pictures. She's fair, young and tall (taller than me actually, about 5.9' sha). I kinda admire her but i consider three things, 1. The age gap (seems wide) 2. She's inexperienced (probably a V) 3. I detest arranged relationship (especially when moms are involved).
What do you guys think?

This sort of arrangement is good if both parties are of marriageable age. Once two people are introduced the obvious step is to build a "short" relationship towards marriage. This lady 17/18 is NOT ready. If you go ahead with this and she agrees to a relationship with you, one day she's going to wake up to realise that she didn't quite catch the fun she's supposed to have in the 17 - 21 years of age. Women start thinking of a stable marriage-bound relationship after 21 (Just generalizing here based on experience and what I have seen).

Getting back to the issues you have raised -
- You have an issue with the age gap - fair enough
- She's inexperienced - em, everyone's experience starts somewhere
- You detest arranged relationship - fair enough

Based on your own personal score... Your mind is in this with a probability less than 30%. My submission - BOLT and close this chapter
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dygeasy: ..
Nah its not just you,
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by mencade5(m): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
my brother make you marry the girl ooo. She will grow with you. It is this kind of marriage our fore fathers did that made them have respectable and faithful wifes till they became old.

To add, many old ladies here will want to discourage you because of the good thing that has come your way.

Abi na the one wey all the boys for area don knack finish you want go for? Or the one wey don born pikin for her papa house you want go for? Or na the wey don catch all the fun awey her pusssiiii don wide like Abuja-Lokoja Road you want go for?

Its your choice mr man.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by ITbomb(m): 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
Brother cool
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
mencade5: my brother make you marry the girl ooo. She will grow with you. It is this kind of marriage our fore fathers did that made them have respectable and faithful wifes till they became old.

To add, many old ladies here will want to discourage you because of the good thing that has come your way.

Abi na the one wey all the boys for area don knack finish you want go for? Or the one wey don born pikin for her papa house you want go for? Or na the wey don catch all the fun awey her pusssiiii don wide like Abuja-Lokoja Road you want go for?

Its your choice mr man.

Goodluck
man ur funny. Abuja 2 Lokoja road.
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by mencade5(m): 1:08am On Aug 13, 2014
dumo1: man ur funny. Abuja 2 Lokoja road.
lol...my brother its true ooo
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Tymax(m): 1:24am On Aug 13, 2014
Classic! cheesy cheesy cheesy
mencade5: my brother make you marry the girl ooo. She will grow with you. It is this kind of marriage our fore fathers did that made them have respectable and faithful wifes till they became old.

Its your choice mr man.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by LoveDecay(m): 4:15am On Aug 13, 2014
dumo1: man ur funny. Abuja 2 Lokoja road.

Many guys make this same mistake every time.

Ignore the good girl cos she's good and start searching for modern girl (bad n experienced).

Who tell u sey 18 name young girl. When 15 yr don grow nya.sh and tittiez like Kim kardashian , and dey memorize Kamasutra.

No girl ever regrets marrying or dating a man if she is well cared for. At this age, u can start by the time she's 19 - 20 , you can pay the bride price.

I assure 97% of the girls u have not met are not better than this one.
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by ITbomb(m): 8:31am On Aug 13, 2014
LoveDecay:

Ignore the good girl cos she's good and start searching for modern girl (bad n experienced).

Who tell u sey 18 name young girl. When 15 yr don grow nya.sh and tittiez like Kim kardashian , and dey memorize Kamasutra.

No girl ever regrets marrying or dating a man if she is well cared for. At this age, u can start by the time she's 19 - 20 , you can pay the bride price.

The overage singles wey full nairaland go soon pounce on you spitting fire saying you are going after a child instead of to come to dem.
[s]FYI, any girl, 1 to 5 yrs younger than me is overage[/s] tongue
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by jihday(m): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
OP the description you gave of the girl suggest she's a beautiful girl, but since you are averse to the idea of dating/marrying her, abeg forward the babe to me.
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
LoveDecay:

#WORD. Brother d way these young ladies of nowadays are growing like Agric fowl. I just wonder what happens in d next 7yrs 4rm now. Sometimes u just have to ask a girl her age just so u don't go for underage girls.
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by MERS(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
jihday: OP the description you gave of the girl suggest she's a beautiful girl, but since you are averse to the idea of dating/marrying her, abeg forward the babe to me.

Proper gbajue na em you wan be. cheesy
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Medunah: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
All of u shouting inexperienced nd Virgin, i hear oo...you would be suprised that some 17/18 yrs olds re already very experienced nd re already nonvirgins. I absolutely find matchmking absurd in dis century.
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 26, 2014
Medunah: All of u shouting inexperienced nd Virgin, i hear oo...you would be suprised that some 17/18 yrs olds re already very experienced nd re already nonvirgins..

Tell me more baibe, how experienced r u?
Re: Our Mums Want To Matchmake Us by Crocz(m): 10:44am On Aug 26, 2014
Oh my!...can't even start to imagine the embarrassment involved...go find urself wife or accept that which as been given unto you

But sh*t man...you getting old!...and mama wants a g-son

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Politely Turn Down A Lady's Advances? / 12 Reasons Women Want bad Boys But Need Good men / Lies You Should Never Tell Your Gal/guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.