Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Jinn Stories - Islam for Muslims (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Jinn Stories (89943 Views)

How To Get Rid Of Jinn / How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Beware Of Jinn Disguising As Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
What I also learned recently is that is not wise to talk to much especially about personal experiences. I don't mean like me narrating the stories necessarily but folks who personally experience something. it's part of rules ihsan(tassawuf).

I watched a video where Alfa dauda quoted Hadith of the prophet(saw).... warning ulama(Alfas, sheiks) not to talk to much. The Hadith describes levels of jahanam(hell) for the levels of alfas who talk too much, this includes their experiences.

I watched the faces of he and his audience. They look bad and me too. This also could be reason sahabas probably kept things to themselves. I'm also scared too. When I get the chance I will post the video. Maybe lanrexlan can dig it out. I think the tittle is....here is the video lanrexlan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82joPbLA6iE
Re: Jinn Stories by lanrexlan(m): 11:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
AlBaqir: It got to the extent that one of them enter forcefully (with evil intention) and begin to reveal her (their) mission. ("Oun ka ni", lanrexlan pls translate grin)
See this brother o, una don turn me to an expert in aayan ogbufo abi grin By the way, it means 'she started confessing her evil intentions'
@empiree can't find anything on it for now

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 12:13am On Dec 22, 2014
lanrexlan:
See this brother o, una don turn me to an expert in aayan ogbufo abi grin By the way, it means 'she started confessing her evil intentions'
@empiree can't find anything on it for now
ok. when I'm less busy I will post it. I must have it on my "history" cus I just watched it last night
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 5:30am On Dec 22, 2014
Sino: I don’t need some extraordinary miracle to make me believe that I am on the right path or my level of spirituality,
i honestly dont know how else to explain this. Most muslims really dont need this to believe. Did you watch a video of "Angel" over Kaaba in 2008?. When the video surfaced on YouTube, most muslims, despite viewing it, made less impact on them. Yet many still called it miracle.

because there are lots of tricksters around preying on the gullibility of man and his yearnings for extraordinary events to happen…Even in Christendom, there are people who claim spirituality and based it on personal experiences, saying they saw Jesus Christ or the Holy spirit telling them this and that or even performing miracles through them,
Sure, care must be taken.

is that what we want to turn Islam to?
brother, you just reading my post. You interpreted base on your mind. I dont care what some are doing out there. Let's forget about them. But are you denying spirituality in Islam?. What does "Ihsan" mentioned in Quran and hadith means to you, pls?. Even within Ihsan(tassawuf), there are levels. Are we pretending there are no learned men beyond our prelim understanding of the deen?.

I dont think anyone advocates going around screaming about this or that in Islam. Spirituality in Islam is personal to those people. Those young ones boosting about their experiences, thats their problem. But can you brothers just see this as story instead of making it sound like promoting christian version of islam? Thats just wrong.

Besides, your friend or family member you take to the hospital for instance, most likely non-muslim hospitals, do you have any idea what they do in there?. Doctors do "open heart surgery", he's a christian, atheist etc but you have absolutely no problem with that, do you?. Thats 'medical' to you right?. But when you are not in the surgery room with them, some surgeon chant "Jesus Christ" while working on your relative and you sit outside chanting "Ya Allah! heal him"... Doctors(orthodox) also "stops" the heart of patient, perfumes surgery, and then "returns" his heart. What do you call that brother?. Brothers here are funny. You dont get it.

Islam is everything they say. Why always attach sense of religiosity to everything concerning Islam even if it's medical wise?. You criticize it but have no problem taking friend to christian hospital which is what many muslims do today?. The two men in my latest story were turned down by orthodox hospitals because their problems, according to doctors, dont exist (medically). How do you solve that as muslim?. Thats the point here, sir. The story is not "worship". It's medical aspect of Islam. Let's hear your view now.

1 Like

Re: Jinn Stories by Hkana: 10:49am On Dec 22, 2014
Hmmm.... Beautiful debate as usual.
Team Ruhaniyah and Team Jinn.
I agree some things are quite spooky, it's understandable to feel that way. What I'm not comfortable with is how some of us are trying to ridicule other people's experience/opinion.

Now, you say the being is "muslim" jinn? Agreed. What's your proof?

Sissie, you mentioned you had experiences too. Do share them, we want to learn from you. The thread is "Jinn stories" after all. Who knows? Maybe your "experiences" may put a lid on this debate once and for all cool

Whatever the end of this debate may be, we should always have it in our minds(not at the back of our minds) that the angels, jinn, mankind and animals are not the only creatures of Allah.

3 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by Sissie(f): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hkana:
Hmmm.... Beautiful debate as usual.
Team Ruhaniyah and Team Jinn.
I agree some things are quite spooky, it's understandable to feel that way. What I'm not comfortable with is how some of us are trying to ridicule other people's experience/opinion.

Now, you say the being is "muslim" jinn? Agreed. What's your proof?

Sissie, you mentioned you had experiences too. Do share them, we want to learn from you. The thread is "Jinn stories" after all. Who knows? Maybe your "experiences" may put a lid on this debate once and for all cool

Whatever the end of this debate may be, we should always have it in our minds(not at the back of our minds) that the angels, jinn, mankind and animals are not the only creatures of Allah.

The story i chose to share has already been posted. I have already said i have communicated with jinn and experienced exorcism, the rest or details, sorry i do not want to post.
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 1:05am On Dec 23, 2014
Sissie:

The story i chose to share has already been posted. I have already said i have communicated with jinn and experienced exorcism, the rest or details, sorry i do not want to post.
C'mon sister, i want to hear. At least the communications with Jinn. How do they sound?. Is it echo type of voice?.
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 7:41am On Dec 23, 2014
author=Sissie post=29075951]
Okay. I kind of feel relieved to respond to you now the best way I can. I feel like you mixing things up and misunderstood the whole thing. I get tired quickly trying to say things over again. Here we go.

The ram story was pointing out the flaws in the story. . even the yasin gripping someones daughter and leading to her death for not doing remedy was highly flawed.
Let's make very simple. Yasin is word of Allah, it is one thing on its own. It has nothing to do with ruhaniyah when we made the dua for people. What I was saying is after finishing the dua(Yasin and others), and depending on quantity 313 or 1,111, we had to sacrifice. Ram is too small for Yasin 1,111, that was why Cow was demanded. Ram is okay for 313. Point is about quantity. I think you should know by now why ram might be dead before we finish dua unless you hold the view that hadith of Yasin is fabricated which is something i can not help you with. We believe sura Yasin is "heart of Quran". It is very power. This explains that.

About a man whose daughter died as a result, yes, she passed away. First all, we believe that her death was destined. Here is what happened unless you dont understand how important Yasin is. The man is a well known fellow. He was training under the man in question. He wanted to be successful in life but did not want to sacrifice. He participated in every organized dua we made. He understood everything but he's very greedy.

He used to ask me to buy rice for him for 2 naira knowing that the plate of rice cost 5 naira. Even when he gave me money, he would give 1 naira expecting me add the rest from my pocket. Anyways, he made his dua (Yasin) as recommended in his own home NOT where he trained. And ofcourse, it was not done in a day. It took him weeks. Problem is when he saw sign of the effects of Yasin, he supposed to have bought a ram but refused. His youngest child, a girl, was vulnerable.

So Yasin got hold of her. He quickly rushed the girl to us (where he trained). The girl had high fever. My man asked him if he bought ram already?. He said no, knowing-fully well the consequences. She passed away afterwards. This is not to be interpreted to mean Yasin is horrendous. No. One must complete the procedure. Then your intention in the dua,, inshallah, will be accepted. You must see sign of istijaba. That man missed the opportunity out of greed. The fact that Yasin is that effective, is really a shield against enemy. There was no way sahaba or scribes and generations after them could have possibly documented everything about this sura needless to say entire Quran. This is what we meant by everything about everything on everything is not xyz documented. You have to practically penetrate Quran. And ofcourse, results vary.

@bolded exactly. You don't know who is reading and how all this is interpreted.
You see, sometimes, we interpret what we read on net base on what's going on our mind. And we could be wrong pretty much.

@Empire if you can post stories others can read. you not me said the man got stuck and the alfa said owon ruhaniyah ni. They are the ones responsible. Grabbing leg isnt literal here
I think Albaqir handsomely clarified this. You can refer back to his response to this where he said i didnt answer properly.

2. You posted after reading yasin it acts up. Not me and you went further to give 2 examples one who's daughter died, the other who's daughter fell ill.
When I said Yasin acts up, yes, indeed it can. this is the word of Allah. This can happen various ways. It can be inform of shield/protection. It can act up if it senses threat to abd (the one who makes the dua). There are many benefits of it. We also used it for curing sick people who were brought to us.^^ "act up" here could be in form of ruh, being etc. It all depends. My man used to say "Yasin" when approached by some evil folks in the hood. Later he would say ruhaniya. He used the word interchangeably sometimes. A week ago when i asked him, he said ruh are borne our of dhikr, kazlaw2000 also found out this from some alfas, Alfa dauda also said this, too. Sahaba or scribes could not possibly documented everything. If you dont believe it, it's okay. Dhikr talking about here is not just 5, 10, or 30mins. No. This is some kind of devotion. Wallahu allam

@ bold, you definitely do not understand this. Like i said above, Yasin is very powerful. I refused to accept the hadith of Yasin is daef because of what I have seen. What I was trying to convey, for record is if too much of it is recited and 'remedy' (sacrifice to subdue its potent) is not done, it effects the vulnerable in the vicinity. Vulnerable, here it can mean baby, chickens, young person etc.

But this is not to be interpreted to mean it is bad. It only shows the same way it grasp 'enemies'. In order to avoid this, it's advisable to sacrifice ram at least. Yasin acting up itself is a sign of gbigba adua (istijaba). One completes the process by sacrificing animal and distributing the meat to miskin (poor). This is called saara in Yoruba. Hope you get it now. I cant explain better than this. I hate explaining things unless someone can elaborate further.

3. Same you complained earlier on that one of the problems was branding people, sufi, shia. Not once have I called you sufi but you are branding others salafi
4. Same you complained about people getting personal and you posted you find offensive.
@bold, I sincerely tender apologies. I honestly was not upset. I only felt bad that you people do not understand while others seemed to get my point especially when you kept mixing things up. I had hard time figuring out what you doing. There is also reason i came up with bold. But let it go. The reason was dumped some yrs back anyways.

grin grin
You posted stories, can't defend them, and complaining people are rigid and unyielding. LOL.

Yes i am unyielding and I take responsibility for that. Are you yielding? If you are why haven't you yielded with us..
I could definitely defend everything i posted but when folks kept mixing things up or assuming things base on what their nafs says to them, i get tired. That's my definition of unyielding here. Like Albaqir rightly said earlier, that "we dont know who is reading and how they interpret", that's just very important.

About opening door, I really dont know how you interpreted this. I listened to a lecture on that saying one may feel presence of unseen during dua even on normal days. This should not be interpreted negatively. And of-course, they dont have to open door. But believe it or not, you are not alone in your room whether when you are asleep or not.

Let me give you example, earlier this yr, i was with my friend. He and his son live together. But that night i visited, his son was not home. His door was closed. My friend's bedroom door was opened. Me and my friend were chatting in the living room. We've been talking about jinn a lot prior to that night. Few minutes later, his son's door opened. I asked him, "you sure Amar is not home?". He said no he gone out. I snubbed the incident for a second. We continued out conversation. Few minutes later, the same door was closed. Then i freaked out. My friend asked what's that?. I replied brother, you got company.

He said let me go in and check "if my son asleep in there". He went in but saw nothing. We continued out talks. Again, the boy's door opened and my friend's door closed. I screamed "Yo, you got company" but we generally joked about it. At least nothing harmful. This little tale is just headsup. We have things around us.

As for who is asking for proof from Quran or hadith about my tales, Yasin and ruhaniyah, I honestly have no word for you to proof effect of Yasin. Only you can help yourself in this matter. Quran is far greater than opinion of scholar. I dont have a word to describe power and benefits of Yasin.

lanrexlan:

Ibn Abid Dunyaa(Rahimatullah Alaih) said 'The knowledge of the Holy Qu'ran and that which can be derived out of it are vast as a boundless ocean'.

Albaqir:
Ma sha Allah brother. I love this. And I bet the bukharis, the muslims, the al-Kafis, the Bihar al-Anwars can never document everything from the boundless ocean of the Qur'an. We need to be ahlul Qur'an and with the guidance of Allah, we will derive knowledge, more than what is documented, from the Qur'an.

If only we have this at the back of our mind and some people don't feel only their ideology have the knowledge of the Qur'an, then there won't be argument all the time.

Sometimes when I wonder about the arguments of Ulamas, I will jokingly say, a time will come when Scholar X will accuse scholar Y of not Coughing properly according to the "Sunnah"

I hope you comprehend now. Hope you dont mind my long epistle.
Re: Jinn Stories by kazlaw2000: 9:27am On Dec 23, 2014
@empiree, i think you should stop repeating this story. Its time to move on , by relating some other stories if you like. I mean you cant keep on explaining forever. Pls move on.

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
understood^^thanks
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
Here we go Albaqir, pls, understand that this is not to start any argument. I have said earlier that when i have found out i will post it here concerning the saying "auzubillah mina shaytan rajim" if one encounters strange creature(s). I have talked to him.

You are kind of intelligent Albaqir. He told me today that when someone is in seclusion (dhikr), and a strange creature appears, one should say "auzubillah mina shaytan rajim". That shaytan can not stand that. It will disappear. He said because if one doesnt say it, shaytan is capable of imitating Angel, Ruhaniyah etc. But if you utter the phrase, it vanishes. Allahu Akbar

He said he did the same but they were Jinn/shaytan disguising at out-start (in late 60s-early 70s) and they disappeared. He said he did the same when ruhaniyah came but refused to disappear and introduced himself. He said the way they talk are different, their characters are different, they are pure. He continued further that every arafi, ayah, sura has their ruhaniyah. He then quoted 97:4

The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter.

He said 'spirit' mentioned here are not Angels but are close to them. The spirit here have levels exactly as we said earlier. This subject falls in ilm ghaib. The believe in unseen. Not just Angels and Jinn. It's so sad the way modern world are destroying "mudun mudun" of Islam.

I argued that how would he know if indeed ruhaniyah as we know it and not Jinn that communicate with him?. He said Jinn have their characteristics. Jinn would also give you dua(ismllah) with conditions like making dua naked, ruining the street, uttering incantation(kufr) etc. I said "Muslim Jinn" also do that?. He said among them are few who are obedient but character of muslim Jinn are also different from ruhaniyah but almost similar to the former. That's why he said it's very important to say auzubillah.

Jinn are not assigned to prayers. Ruhaniyah, he said are created to obey Allah's command and teach muslims. So those who oppose this will have to practically experience (by doing dhikr) and not opinion of past ulama written centuries ago. Wallah ta'la alam

As for "RUHANA" I believe that it is indeed specifically Angel Jibril that appeared to Maryam(as) because of the statement of Rosul after Jibril (as) appeared to him. What I have said above so far can only be understood in the light of encounter between Nabi Muhammad (Allah's blessing be upon him and his household) and Malaika Jibril (as) which you may read here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2057069/ihsaan-spiritual-essence-islam

There is,

Faith (submmision -> fundamental layer)

Imaan (after faith enters into the heart) and above faith is

Ihsan

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by lanrexlan(m): 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
@Brother Empiree, interesting one up there.Thanks for making enquiries for us.

Empiree: He continued further that every arafi, ayah, sura has their ruhaniyah.
Just like what Kazlaw2000 was told
Kazlaw2000: I was told every aayah of the holy Quraan, every adhkaar has a khaadim that is in charge of it. If you cling onto it tenaciously by oft chanting it, you will encounter the khaadim.

www.nairaland.com/kazlaw2000/posts

Well, I don't really have much to say.

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by kazlaw2000: 9:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
Following.
Re: Jinn Stories by AlBaqir(m): 9:11am On Dec 26, 2014
Empiree:
Here we go Albaqir, pls, understand that this is not to start any argument. I have said earlier that when i have found out i will post it here concerning the saying "auzubillah mina shaytan rajim" if one encounters strange creature(s). I have talked to him.

You are kind of intelligent Albaqir. He told me today that when someone is in seclusion (dhikr), and a strange creature appears, one should say "auzubillah mina shaytan rajim". That shaytan can not stand that. It will disappear. He said because if one doesnt say it, shaytan is capable of imitating Angel, Ruhaniyah etc. But if you utter the phrase, it vanishes. Allahu Akbar

He said he did the same but they were Jinn/shaytan disguising at out-start (in late 60s-early 70s) and they disappeared. He said he did the same when ruhaniyah came but refused to disappear and introduced himself. He said the way they talk are different, their characters are different, they are pure.

Ma sha Allah. I'm happy to read this.

Empiree:

He continued further that every arafi, ayah, sura has their ruhaniyah. He then quoted 97:4

He said 'spirit' mentioned here are not Angels but are close to them. The spirit here have levels exactly as we said earlier. This subject falls in ilm ghaib. The believe in unseen. Not just Angels and Jinn. It's so sad the way modern world are destroying "mudun mudun" of Islam.

There is no doubt the word "Ruhaniyah" is derived from "Ruh" and the underlined esp sura al-Qadr: verse 4 sealed the argument - For every affair, there is a Ruh and malaika assaigned for it. And what Better affair do we have than al- ibaadat.

Empiree:

As for "RUHANA" I believe that it is indeed specifically Angel Jibril that appeared to Maryam(as) because of the statement of Rosul after Jibril (as) appeared to him. What I have said above so far can only be understood in the light of encounter between Nabi Muhammad (Allah's blessing be upon him and his household) and Malaika Jibril (as) which you may read here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2057069/ihsaan-spiritual-essence-islam

Yes bro. May Allah forgive us and have mercy on us. In my search for the word "Ruhaniyah", I ran across "Ruhanah" but instead of looking at the foundational word "Ruh", I simply took the "Ruhanah" out of the verse + supporting verses.

If we marry the story of Maryam as related in Sura al-Imran and Sura Maryam together concerning the birth of Nabi Isa (as), it is crystal clear that "Ruhanah" is being refer to an Angel, now a "Ruh" embodied in angelic form and which further embodied into human form.

In sura al-Imran, instead of the word"Ruhanah", "the angel" was used:

"And (remember) when the angel said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns) (of her lifetime)."

O Mary! "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord and prostrate yourself, and Irka'i (bow down etc.) along with Ar-Raki'un (those who bow down etc.)."

This is a part of the news of the Ghaib (unseen) which We inspire you with (O Muhammad SAW). You were not with them, when they cast lots with their pens as to which of them should be charged with the care of Maryam (Mary); nor were you with them when they disputed.

(Remember) when the angel said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah."
~Sura Al-Imran : 42 - 45.

NB: Thanks to tbaba1234 and crew. Criticism, sometimes, brings out further research and better conclusion if we don't view it as negative.

This is my final conclusion on "Ruhanah" and I have my summary below on "Ruh" as well. Tagged: lanrexlan, tbaba1234, Sissie, Empiree, kazlaw2000, Hkana, sino and other readers.

Truly, He knows best.

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by AlBaqir(m): 9:16am On Dec 26, 2014
Lastly, Concerning 'Ruh' - sura al-Isra:85, here's the summary:

Ruh has been used in the Qur'an in various form and meanings:

I. The life or Spirit breathed into Adam (Hijr:29)

2. The Spirit breathe in every conscious being (sajdah:9)

3. Isa is a word of Allah and a spirit (proceeding) from Him (Nisa:171)

4. The Quran as mentioned in Shu'ara: 193 - 194 as "Amin" (truthful).

5. The spirit which comes down in the night of qadr with the angels (al-Qadr:4) by their Lord's permission for every matter.

6. The spirit which will stand with the angels on the day of judgment (Naba:38)

7. The holy spirit who has assisted the Prophets in their missions e.g sura al-Baqara: 253 about Jesus.

8. The spirit sent to Maryam which appear before her as a man (Maryam:17)

9. The spirit sent for strengthening and to reinforce the believers (mujadilla:22)

10. As the Quran or the divine revelation (sura ash-Shura:52)- "And thus We reveal to you an inspired book by Our command".

Mir Ahmad 'Ali writes:
The issue of Ruh' has been dealt with by various schools of thought in Islam. The answer is however evasive because Allah says in verse 85 of sura al-Isra that the spirit is a matter of concern for Allah only and human knowledge is not sufficient to comprehend it.

Some commentators say that the answer is there because as an outcome of Allah's command, spirit should be treated as created, and its nature is all-pervading like the nature of the divine command, assuming appropriate form and character in every stage and every realm, sometimes dimensional and sometimes undimentional. In other words the spirit, the active agent in the universe and in the order of creation, is the outcome of the divine will, not conditioned by any particular character or limitation..."

Wa Salam alaykum

3 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by kazlaw2000: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2014
Jazaakallahu bro albaqir. can we therefore assume that the Ruhaniyya bro empiree was talking about was the like of the one Allaah talked about in Suura Mujadila verse 22?
Re: Jinn Stories by AlBaqir(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2014
kazlaw2000:
Jazaakallahu bro albaqir. can we therefore assume that the Ruhaniyya bro empiree was talking about was the like of the one Allaah talked about in Suura Mujadila verse 22?

Wa iyyakum akhi. Really that (was) is my conclusion. Allah knows best. May we also be strengthen by His spirit.

Fi aman Illah.

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by kazlaw2000: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2014
Aamiin. Thats my own conclusion too. c'est fini.
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
Another way to differentiate "ruhaniyah" from jinn or shaytan is that, the later would appear either in their true form or camouflage (imitating Angels etc).

But Angels and ruhaniya can not be seen. The day you see them is your last day on earth. He could only hear voice. Not visible.

So i believe that anyone doing dhikr in a fashion other than prescribed in Sharia, and then seeing strange creatures, those creatures are demons. We human can not see Angels or ruhaniyah.

Another way to detect those clowns

Variations of Ruh -> http://www.quransmessage.com/pdfs/What%20is%20the%20Quranic%20Ruh.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by lanrexlan(m): 12:16am On Dec 28, 2014
@Brother Empiree, I am just seeing the video you posted up there when scrolling through the thread.My mention didn't work because you edited your post.
Will watch later and give you feedback In sha Allah.
Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 1:28am On Dec 28, 2014
^^^No problem bro.
Re: Jinn Stories by maclatunji: 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
sino:
I would quickly like to add this on the issue of Ruh...

Islam as a religion is not based on personal reasoning or innovative ideas; it is based on what was revealed to the best of mankind, practiced by the best generation of Muslims…

The Prophet (SAW) was reported to have said: “Verily the best among you (to follow) is my generation (the Messenger Muhammad (SAW) and his Companions (RA)), then those who follow, and then those who follow them…” (Saheeh Muslim, Book: the Virtues of the Sahaabah, chapter 52 hadeeth #2535)

Allah (SWT) states: “And whoso opposeth the messenger after the guidance (of Allah) hath been manifested unto him, and followeth other than the believer's way, We appoint for him that unto which he himself hath turned, and expose him unto hell a hapless journey's end!” (Qur’an 4:115)

So when we ask for you to bring evidences from the best of mankind, and the best of generations, we are not being rigid, we are being careful to follow the Prophet’s (SAW) instructions cos there is no other Guidance except that of Muhammad (SAW). You can twist and turn words, you can even come up with your own tafsir and the likes, but if no evidence still, you are on your own SIMPLE!

وَيَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الرُّوحِ قُلِ الرُّوحُ مِنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّي وَمَا أُوتِيتُمْ مِنَ الْعِلْمِ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا (
85)
“They will ask you about the Ruh, say the Ruh is from the command of my Lord, and what you have been given (the questioners and mankind in general) in knowledge is but little” (Qur’an 17:85)

The reason for the revelation of this verse is said to be as a result of some Jews asking the Prophet(SAW) about the Ruh, and thus the Ayah was revealed…

According to tafsir Tabari, there is a difference of opinion in the interpretation of Ruh in the above verse, the first interpretation is Jubril alayhi Salam and a narration to support this is as follows:

محمد بن عبد الأعلى، قال: ثنا محمد بن ثور، عن معمر، عن قتادة( وَيَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الرُّوحِ ) قال: هو جبرائيل،

Reported from Qatadah, “and they ask about the Ruh” he said it is Jubril.

Others are of the opinion that it is an Angel amongst the Angels amongst them was Ibn Abbas and Ali (RA) according to the narrations presented in the tafsir. The narration that is quite interesting, although not sure of its authenticity, is the following…

حدثني عليّ، قال: ثنا عبد الله بن صالح، قال: ثني أبو مروان يزيد بن سمرة صاحب قيسارية، عمن حدثه عن عليّ بن أبي طالب، أنه قال في قوله( وَيَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الرُّوح ) قال: هو ملك من الملائكة له سبعون ألف وجه، لكل وجه منها سبعون ألف لسان، لكل لسان منها سبعون ألف لغة يسبح الله عزّ وجلّ بتلك اللغات كلها، يخلق الله من كلّ تسبيحة مَلكا يطير مع الملائكة إلى يوم القيامة.

“It was reported from Ali ibn Abi Talib (RA) that he said, in regards to Allah’s Statement “And they ask you about the Ruh”: He said: it is an Angel from amongst the Angels with 70,000 faces, and for each face, there are 70,000 tongues, and for each tongue, there are 70,000 languages in which it uses to praise Allah ‘aza wa jalla, and Allah creates from each praise an Angel that flies with the Angels till the day of Judgment.” (Tafsir Tabari)

I remembered I have heard this narration before from one of the lectures I attended when I was younger, and seriously, I also remembered having to joke about “rawaniya” with my colleagues back in the days, we say something like, “ma ran awon rawaniyah mi si e” meaning I’ll send my rawaniyah to you (in most cases, as a threat) or when we want to claim some form of high level of spirituality or knowledge, even back then, Jinns were what we knew to be “rawaniyah”.

Talking of experiences, “oro po ninu iwe kobo” I decided not even finish the narration from my Ustadh, and although, I haven’t seen much myself, but my dad has and Alhamdulilah, He had made me realize that sticking to the Sunnah, is the best way to guidance and spirituality, and seriously speaking, I do not care much for such stories…As a Muslim, the Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW) is enough as a miracle, I don’t need some extraordinary miracle to make me believe that I am on the right path or my level of spirituality, because there are lots of tricksters around preying on the gullibility of man and his yearnings for extraordinary events to happen…Even in Christendom, there are people who claim spirituality and based it on personal experiences, saying they saw Jesus Christ or the Holy spirit telling them this and that or even performing miracles through them, is that what we want to turn Islam to?

May Allah bless you bro.

I ask again "Wetin concern agbero with overload?"

How does following the path the the likes of Empiree and Co.are polishing lead to Allah's mercy and Jannat?

Ok,let us assume you are floating in the air, of what benefit is it to you in real terms?

1 Like

Re: Jinn Stories by maclatunji: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
AlBaqir:
Lastly, Concerning 'Ruh' - sura al-Isra:85, here's the summary:

Ruh has been used in the Qur'an in various form and meanings:

I. The life or Spirit breathed into Adam (Hijr:29)

2. The Spirit breathe in every conscious being (sajdah:9)

3. Isa is a word of Allah and a spirit (proceeding) from Him (Nisa:171)

4. The Quran as mentioned in Shu'ara: 193 - 194 as "Amin" (truthful).

5. The spirit which comes down in the night of qadr with the angels (al-Qadr:4) by their Lord's permission for every matter.

6. The spirit which will stand with the angels on the day of judgment (Naba:38)

7. The holy spirit who has assisted the Prophets in their missions e.g sura al-Baqara: 253 about Jesus.

8. The spirit sent to Maryam which appear before her as a man (Maryam:17)

9. The spirit sent for strengthening and to reinforce the believers (mujadilla:22)

10. As the Quran or the divine revelation (sura ash-Shura:52)- "And thus We reveal to you an inspired book by Our command".

Mir Ahmad 'Ali writes:
The issue of Ruh' has been dealt with by various schools of thought in Islam. The answer is however evasive because Allah says in verse 85 of sura al-Isra that the spirit is a matter of concern for Allah only and human knowledge is not sufficient to comprehend it.

Some commentators say that the answer is there because as an outcome of Allah's command, spirit should be treated as created, and its nature is all-pervading like the nature of the divine command, assuming appropriate form and character in every stage and every realm, sometimes dimensional and sometimes undimentional. In other words the spirit, the active agent in the universe and in the order of creation, is the outcome of the divine will, not conditioned by any particular character or limitation..."

Wa Salam alaykum

What is your business with spirits I ask? Can you not live your life like the Prophet (SAW) did rather than chasing spirits about?

1 Like

Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
maclatunji:

May Allah bless you bro.

I ask again "Wetin concern agbero with overload?"

How does following the path the the likes of Empiree and Co.are polishing lead to Allah's mercy and Jannat?

Ok,let us assume you are floating in the air, of what benefit is it to you in real terms?
Weiting I do you again bro?.

You dont get it do you?. In my narrations so far, no one is saying chasing spirit or deliberately invoking them. What part of contributions by me and others you don't understand?. Allah enjoins seeking means of nearness to Him.

Some choose to be in seclusion and invoke Him. Quran itself encourages Ihsan. Do you think for a second that people of Ihsan (tassawuf) do what you do?. No, they do more than you.

In their seclusion, we say possibility of encountering beyond is 80% chance. The whole concept is within Shariah contrary to 4:115. No one is advocating invoking spirit. I just dont understand how you brother keep misunderstanding the whole thing. Even sino's Alfa who chanted "Ya Lateef" countless time, nothing wrong with it. He was not invoking spirit. He invoked Allah. But in what manner?....by going na.ked which is contrary to Shariah.

If I chant Ya Lateef a million times, possibility of seeing unwanted beings is there. But we say, as a true muslim, one should say
auzubillah mina shaytan rajim.
You brothers really need to upgrade your level of iman. You bore me.

And I wont deny that tassawuf is abused in our time. Abuse or not. Quran enjoins it. If you dont know, that's another case entirely. But denying it or making it sound unlawful is denying Allah's statement. And besides, there are rules to follow in seclusion (during tassawuf). And of-course, results vary. Not everyone encounters spirit.

There is difference between reciting/reading Quran and devoting (prayer form). One of the rules of Ihsan(tassawuf) is they talk less, sleep less, eat less, mingle with people less. Do you do this every time mac?

Case study: Maclatunji is the only Muslim or respected Muslim in the hood. A friend or neighbor brings their loved ones to you who is sick with known/unknown illness. This loved ones are rejected from hospital. How does maclatunji treats this situation? . Please answer

Remember this question has been evaded 3x now. This is the 4th time I am asking.

Re: Jinn Stories by maclatunji: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
Empiree:
Weiting I do you again bro?.

You dont get it do you?. In my narrations so far, no one is saying chasing spirit or deliberately invoking them. What part of contributions by me and others you don't understand?. Allah enjoins seeking means of nearness to Him.

Some choose to be in seclusion and invoke Him. Quran itself encourages Ihsan. Do you think for a second that people of Ihsan (tassawuf) do what you do?. No, they do more than you.

In their seclusion, we say possibility of encountering beyond is 80% chance. The whole concept is within Shariah contrary to 4:115. No one is advocating invoking spirit. I just dont understand how you brother keep misunderstanding the whole thing. Even sino's Alfa who chanted "Ya Lateef" countless time, nothing wrong with it. He was not invoking spirit. He invoked Allah. But in what manner?....by going na.ked which is contrary to Shariah.

If I chant Ya Lateef a million times, possibility of seeing unwanted beings is there. But we say, as a true muslim, one should say You brothers really need to upgrade your level of iman. You bore me.

And I wont deny that tassawuf is abused in our time. Abuse or not. Quran enjoins it. If you dont know, that's another case entirely. But denying it or making it sound unlawful is denying Allah's statement. And besides, there are rules to follow in seclusion (during tassawuf). And of-course, results vary. Not everyone encounters spirit.

There is difference between reciting/reading Quran and devoting (prayer form). One of the rules of Ihsan(tassawuf) is they talk less, sleep less, eat less, mingle with people less. Do you do this every time mac?

Case study: Maclatunji is the only Muslim or respected Muslim in the hood. A friend or neighbor brings their loved ones to you who is sick with known/unknown illness. This loved ones are rejected from hospital. How does maclatunji treats this situation? . Please answer

Remember this question has been evaded 3x now. This is the 4th time I am asking.

Say a prayer for your sick brother. Anything else?

2 Likes

Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
maclatunji:

Say a prayer for your sick brother. Anything else?
Mashallah! Ha ha ha ha grin grin grin grin grin grin you getting there bro
Re: Jinn Stories by maclatunji: 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
Empiree:
Ha ha ha ha grin grin grin grin grin grin you getting there bro

So a prayer equals to spirits flying all over the place? Think about what you are suggesting again.

1 Like

Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
maclatunji:

So a prayer equals to spirits flying all over the place? Think about what you are suggesting again.
Your question has been answered already. I can now understand why muslims are messed up in modern time. This is crazy.
Re: Jinn Stories by lanrexlan(m): 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
@Empiree, I just watched the video.It is true, one should not talk too much especially when it comes to religious issues.I said that in one of my posts that if the sahabas try as much as possible to conceal their apparent deeds like jihad, how much more personal Ibadah? But as usual, people choose to address or see what suites them.
AlBaqir once said
AlBaqir: Talking too much devoid wisdom and you commit sins easily.
https://www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station/1#down

1 Like

Re: Jinn Stories by Empiree: 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
Well done maclatunji. You banned me because i provided little evidence from ulama that you so much admire ( Ibn Taymiyyah -R) to back some of the things i narrated. It's okay though. I take that as a compliment. grin No hard feelings, bro grin Islam is bigger than what you know or think.

Be informed that from a source I got little i posted that you didnt blink before you deleted, I got link for his fatawa/opinion where he recognized many things beyond what you brothers know. Little of which i gave you preview on this thread. I will keep that to myself, brother.
Re: Jinn Stories by maclatunji: 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Empiree:
Well done maclatunji. You banned me because i provided little evidence from ulama that you so much admire ( Ibn Taymiyyah -R) to back some of the things i narrated. It's okay though. I take that as a compliment. grin No hard feelings, bro grin Islam is bigger than what you know or think.

Be informed that from a source I got little i posted that you didnt blink before you deleted, I got link to his fatawa where he recognized many things beyond what you brothers know. Little of which i gave you preview on this thread. I will keep that to myself, brother.

Bro. check again, I have no time for such pettiness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Unmarried Hausa Couple Condemned For Posting This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.