Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (234214 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 9:58am On Nov 28, 2012
I go through this Business section everyday and I see a lot of people selling information on how to import stuffs. Well, it is true that you have to pay for information sometimes but not all the time.
I learnt about importation myself. I did not pay anybody. This is why I am ready to guide people through everything.
You can start importation today with any capital you have depending on what you want to import. There are a wide range of things to import from fashion products, jewellries, wristwatches, laptops, android tablets, phones etc.
So plz drop your questions here.
FYI, I AM NOT SELLING ANY EBOOK. I am giving u all I know free so don't be afraid I will tell u to pay me for any book later.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by franel79(m): 10:10am On Nov 28, 2012
Then give us the download link:...........................

I hope I am not supposed to submit my email address to get this importation report?

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 10:25am On Nov 28, 2012
I don't have to get your email cos I will like to have a real time discussion about everything here. This thread is meant to serve as the Guide so you can always get responses to your questions.

As a way of starting, there are a couple of popular site where u can import stuffs from China. One of them is www.aliexpress.com. Another is www.dhgate.com.
The truth is it is not as difficult as some people paint it. All you need is some careful research.
The first thing u need to ask yourself is ur reason for the importation. Are you going into it just to get stuffs for urself or u want to start selling them.
Whichever way, u can be sure you will get the stuffs very cheap.
If you intend importing stuffs to sell, then you have to do a good research to know the things that can easily be marketed. You can find so many things on the site that u may end up getting distracted which is why u have to be focused on importing the stuffs that have a good potential for selling here. I have sold so many things with 100% profit. Infact, that is my usual target. Sometimes, a lil below that but most times above that. It depends on what I'm selling and who I'm selling to.

I will stop here for now. Keep the questions coming in and you can be sure I will respond to everyone of them.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by freestuffsonnet(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2012
El Matteo, do you have to get a buyer ready b4 importing the goods or you import first and start looking for buyers?

Then can you list few of those hot selling product one can import with 10k capital and make good profit?

Lastly, from aliexpress or the other import site, how to know a guinea seller to buy from?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Chibenze(m): 10:59am On Nov 28, 2012
I will like to buy 4rm aliexpress but how wil i pay since i dnt hav any credit crd,palpay etc account

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Chibenze(m): 10:59am On Nov 28, 2012
I will like to buy 4rm aliexpress but how wil i pay since i dnt hav any credit crd,palpay etc account. How will i buy as a beginer who dnt want to be scam by anyone
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2012
freestuffsonnet: El Matteo, do you have to get a buyer ready b4 importing the goods or you import first and start looking for buyers?

Then can you list few of those hot selling product one can import with 10k capital and make good profit?

Lastly, from aliexpress or the other import site, how to know a guinea seller to buy from?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

The truth is that it depends on your marketing strategy. For example, you can import just some lil qty for a start so u can show to people and you can start telling people about it using social media such as facebook and BBM. As pple get interested you can increase the qty you order. This is the strategy I personally used and it worked for me. You can also sell stuufs on wholesales. In this case, you will sell it cheaper than you will sell it at the retail price but this is good cos u will make your money instantly.

There are a lot of hot selling products but it still depends on creating the market for it. For example, there are a lot of cheap laptops on the site that u can sell for 20 to 25k and still make profit. U can go to secondary schools and market it to students and teachers since the truth is that most of them may not be able to afford the usual expensive laptops like the dell and HP laptops. If you can get a good one, you can easily market it to them.
There are so many products like jewellries. Infact you can get some jewellries for less than a dollar that with the shipping fee and everything may be less than 2 dollars. You can easily sell them for 1k and that's being generous.
Don't worry if the shipping fee on the site is much cos I will later talk about how to get your stuffs down here by paying much much less in shipping cost and you get your products in 2 to 3 days after you make your order.

In order to know a genuine seller, you have to make sure the seller has sold a good number of the products cos u will need to go through the feedbacks sellers drop after the purchase. From the feedbacks, you will have an idea of the problems pple are having with the products. Also the rating is important. I usually will not go for a supplier whose rating is less than 94%.
Make sure you browse tru before placing your order cos diff suppliers sell the same products at diff prices so u shud go for the supplier with the lowest price and who also have a good reputation.

Finally, make sure u chat with the supplier before placing your order to confirm if the goods are available and to be sure of the quality and also if he can send them to Nigeria. If he can't, u can always find another supplier of the products.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2012
Chibenze: I will like to buy 4rm aliexpress but how wil i pay since i dnt hav any credit crd,palpay etc account. How will i buy as a beginer who dnt want to be scam by anyone

You don't need paypal neither do u need any special credit card. You can easily pay with your GTB naira mastercard. If you don't have one, you can go open an account with them to get one.
Also, if you follow the due process, you cannot get scammed. Always pay only through aliexpress and don't ever try to pay the supplier directly. Aliexpress uses the escrow payment system. This system withholds your money after you have paid and will only release it to the supplier after you have confirmed that you have received your order and they are in good condition. Of not, you can always ask for a refund and if your claims are true, you can return the goods and get a refund.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by freestuffsonnet(m): 11:37am On Nov 28, 2012
Thanks El Matteo nice answer. Guys listen to this guy. he has sometin up-stair regarding this topic.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by phantom(m): 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2012
hi el matteo.....you have done well by setting up this thread.i am impressed smiley.a few questions if you dont mind.how many medals must a supplier on dhgate have before you do business with him/her because i found a supplier who is in his 3rd year,2197 transactions,2 medals and a 97.5% positive feedback.how do these parameters guide one in choosing a supplierthanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Chudoify: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
Op,thanks such for educating your brothers and sisters.you may not know how many lives you are touching.please,can i import gold jewelry at cheaper rate from china?what of if they send low quality to me?thanks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by phantom(m): 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2012
another thing is the issue of low quality.how do we get high quality products??it might not be branded but should have high quality
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by samogo1: 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
Thanks for this. What i want to ask is dat some people say that you can bypass shipping cost and make the seller ship free. How can we go about this?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
phantom: hi el matteo.....you have done well by setting up this thread.i am impressed smiley.a few questions if you dont mind.how many medals must a supplier on dhgate have before you do business with him/her because i found a supplier who is in his 3rd year,2197 transactions,2 medals and a 97.5% positive feedback.how do these parameters guide one in choosing a supplierthanks

The truth is that if a supplier has 97.5% positive feedback, it is good enough to do business with him in my own opinion but u shud go tru the feedback the suppliers are giving so u can have an idea and considering the sales this supplier has, it is a signal that his bizness is safe.

Chudoify: Op,thanks such for educating your brothers and sisters.you may not know how many lives you are touching.please,can i import gold jewelry at cheaper rate from china?what of if they send low quality to me?thanks.

Well, I have imported jewellries before but not real gold jewellries but if you find it there, confirm from the seller himself the quality of what he is selling. If it is not the quality u asked for, u shud return it immediately. Its better u ask for a lil qty to first see how good it is. Many products there are silver or gold coated. I usually prefer going for their jewellry sets that include the pendants and ear rings which pple can use with their necklace they already have.

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
phantom: another thing is the issue of low quality.how do we get high quality products??it might not be branded but should have high quality

The truth is that you may see goods with inferior quality as much as you will find those with good quality on aliexpress. This is why u shud always go through the feedbacks before you place your order. Also, u shud always order lil qty in ur first order so u can assess the quality ursef before u place more orders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
sam ogo: Thanks for this. What i want to ask is dat some people say that you can bypass shipping cost and make the seller ship free. How can we go about this?

You can get some stuffs with free shipping to Nigeria. If you are really looking for this, you can select the free shipping to Nigeria option on the top of the page while doing your search but the problem is that the free shipping option may take 15 to 60 days before u get it here. However, you can get some free shipping tru DHL which can be delivered in days but such products aren't much.

Also, you can always talk to the supplier to c if he can do the free shipping for u even though there is a shipping fee on the sales page. Some may agree while some won't. Even though they don't agree to do it free, they may help u lower the shipping cost.

There is a method I use to ship my stuffs here at a very cheap cost without paying the shipping fee on the sales page. I will talk about that later just watch out!!

5 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by samogo1: 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
El Matteo:
There is a method I use to ship my stuffs here at a very cheap cost without paying the shipping fee on the sales page. I will talk about that later just watch out!!
Yes this is exactly wat i need. Please do us good by posting. Really appreciate.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by uchman(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
Nice post,@ EL matteo,pls can u inbox me ur mail address?!,cos I v a lot to discuss with you...am already into importation but still scared of online's.Deals on phone parts and accessories...Ucheify2000@yahoo.co.uk....Maybe u can guild me...thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by youngmega: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
ITS BETA WE STOP ALL DIS BEGGING COS I GAT THE E-BOOK TO SHARE FOR EVERYONE TO BENEFIT FROM
AM OBIAELI VICTOR ,16 YEARS OF AGE ... I THINK DIS E-BOOK WILL HELP YOU ALL WHO SEEK IMPORTATIOINB BUSINESS AS A GOOD CHOICE ,IN D BOOK D SHIPPING FEE WONT BE PAYED ,COS IT ALL FREEE SHIPPING GOODS U WOULD HAVE TO LOOK FOR ..FOR MORE INFO PLS DOWNLOAD D E-BOOK AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF......... DERE IS LOVE IN SHARING....
] ..EL MATTEO ....NICE JOBS (NIGERIANS NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU).EL MATTEO I WOULD NID UR EMAIL ADRESS OR PHONE NUMBER COS I GAT SOME THINGS TO DISCUSS WITH YOU. WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF U COMPLY

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
uchman: Nice post,@ EL matteo,pls can u inbox me ur mail address?!,cos I v a lot to discuss with you...am already into importation but still scared of online's.Deals on phone parts and accessories...Ucheify2000@yahoo.co.uk....Maybe u can guild me...thanks

youngmega: ..EL MATTEO ....NICE JOBS (NIGERIANS NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU).EL MATTEO I WOULD NID UR EMAIL ADRESS OR PHONE NUMBER COS I GAT SOME THINGS TO DISCUSS WITH YOU. WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF U COMPLY

Thanks my mail is olamidewrites@gmail.com. I'm sorry I can't drop my phone number here but u can send me a mail and you can be sure I will reply as soon as I can.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by DTalented(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
Op. GOD bless you front and back for sharing this free of charge.
From the little you have explained so far, i have grabbed the info i need to start.

Thanks again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by guyANDROID1: 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
@everyone n @op
Pls allow people to post their email or ur email so that people can contact you. The reason y I'm saying this,is that some Mod or selfish people will close this thread soon without ur notice
Thanks for ur understanding
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Aleshyto(m): 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
El Matteo:

Thanks my mail is olamidewrites@gmail.com. I'm sorry I can't drop my phone number here but u can send me a mail and you can be sure I will reply as soon as I can.

pls how wuld i order for laptops, pls tell me d series of laptops and configuration and d website i need

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by DTalented(m): 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
youngmega: ITS BETA WE STOP ALL DIS BEGGING COS I GAT THE E-BOOK TO SHARE FOR EVERYONE TO BENEFIT FROM
AM OBIAELI VICTOR ,16 YEARS OF AGE ... I THINK DIS E-BOOK WILL HELP YOU ALL WHO SEEK IMPORTATIOINB BUSINESS AS A GOOD CHOICE ,IN D BOOK D SHIPPING FEE WONT BE PAYED ,COS IT ALL FREEE SHIPPING GOODS U WOULD HAVE TO LOOK FOR ..FOR MORE INFO PLS DOWNLOAD D E-BOOK AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF......... DERE IS LOVE IN SHARING....
[i] ..EL MATTEO ....NICE JOBS (NIGERIANS NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU).EL MATTEO I WOULD NID UR EMAIL ADRESS OR PHONE NUMBER COS I GAT SOME THINGS TO DISCUSS WITH YOU. WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF U COMPLY

GUY YOU JUST POSTED A LINK TO SOMEONES EBOOK ON A PUBLIC FORUM.
He didnt authorise you to resale or give out to the public.

HMMM. THIS A CRIME SO YOU BETTER DELETE IT BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT THE Author.

Write your own and share.

Pls dnt crucify me. I just said my mind
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2012
guy ANDROID: @everyone n @op
Pls allow people to post their email or ur email so that people can contact you. The reason y I'm saying this,is that some Mod or selfish people will close this thread soon without ur notice
Thanks for ur understanding

I have already dropped my mail. Check my response above. Thanks

Aleshyto: pls how wuld i order for laptops, pls tell me d series of laptops and configuration and d website i need

You can order for cheap laptops and android tablets from aliexpress but u should know they are not the usual branded laptops like the Toshibas, HPs and Dells. The point is if you can create a market for the cheap laptops here, then you can always make good money. About the configurations, just go to the szite, you will find the different configurations for the laptops depending on what you want. However, of you are looking for the popular brands of laptops, you can visit a place like ipmart.com. You will also find refurbished and new phones there at very cheap rates there including Blackberry phones.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by evanify(f): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2012
Thanks for all d life changing info.. Plss , from which site can i get used or tokunbo black school shoes and ladies shoes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by youngmega: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
El matte0 .. U̶̲̥̅̊ are really doing a great Job will contact U̶̲̥̅̊ soon...But i would like Ɣ☺ΰ to tell dem also about the paying OPTIOn.mcos its one of d biggest problem ďε̲̣̣̣̥γ̥ would be facing and also I would advice U̶̲̥̅̊ all use DHgate. ,(cos the platform is straight and not confusing like dat of alibaba and aliexpress)but d alibaba and aliexpress contains so many goods in terms of accesories and electronics device dan Dhgate. But for easy transactions Used Dhgate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by ElMatteo(m): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2012
evanify: Thanks for all d life changing info.. Plss , from which site can i get used or tokunbo black school shoes and ladies shoes

I'm not sure where u can get used shoes I must say. The stuffs from aliexpress are new but cheap and u may be surprised they are even cheaper that some used items elsewhere.

About the payment option. As I said earlier, you can use your GTB naira mastercard. It is accepted on aliexpress and dhgate. You can also use the UBA naira visa Africard to make payment.
If you don't have one of these two yet, you can easily go to the banks to get them so u need not sweat over making payment.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by jidebobo: 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
Please help me out. I wanted do some shopping from Uk i.e (wear both for children & adult) and I have brother there which I wanted to send some money to help me especially for Xmas period. How would i clear/get the goods

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by samogo1: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2012
jidebobo: Please help me out. I wanted do some shopping from Uk i.e (wear both for children & adult) and I have brother there which I wanted to send some money to help me especially for Xmas period. How would i clear/get the goods
Not on this thread bro...

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free by Manweysabi(m): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
I'm loving this... Op, more power to your elbow!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

MerryBet Punt For Pride IV / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / Page1 Updated 19/5/20 Tutorial -Simple Ways I Use To Make Money Online From Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.