Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? (29827 Views)

(pic) Me 23 , Her 38 Age Is Nothing But A Number / That Moment When A Lady Says Age Is Nothing But A Number. / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2012
moreeni:

I don't get what the attack is for Daddy. Maturity, in my experience, tends to come with age. At least you will agree that no matter the number of cloths a child possesses, the rags among can't be as much as that of an elder.

My daughter, how are you

1 Like

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: Why is it rubbish?! It is the same mentality used to enslave women all over the world. If both of them agree to be together there is nothing important about the age.PERIOD!

What concerns this topic with PERIOD

1 Like

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by charlesditro: 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2012
Getting married to a girl older than you is like you taking care of the kitchen while she runs the office.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by k2039: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
obyrich: Guy you reason like a diode. In a family, nobody knows who dies first. If a 70 year old man leaves a widow of 60 nothing is wrong with that. How many Nigerians live to up 70?
Popowaa: u can marry smone who is four yrs older dan u n he can still die n leave u

kumbalo:
another overgrown kid. Think you should go bak to mama and stop accessing adult content on the internet.

frond:

Life is not as straight and fair as you wished. Wife of 50yrs can die before husband of 75yrs. This is real. Wake up! No two relationship is the same.
I get your point(I'm not disputing that).

But thats not enough reason not to do some projections(assuming an ideal state)

I understand their are deviations from ideality,but only few men and women will pray to die early

Besides,for crying out loud,I said average(I hope you guys understand what average means,I already factored that in)
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by ipromise: 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: Why is it rubbish?! It is the same mentality used to enslave women all over the world. If both of them agree to be together there is nothing important about the age.PERIOD!
hmmmmmm çåñ u marry sum1 that is 6yrs older than u?
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by StepG: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2012
Xplodes2700: Age is definitely an issue, it makes me sick hearing a 25yrs old girl even dating a 35yrs old guy, in my own opinion i feel the age difference shud be @ least four years angry
@most four years u mean.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
ipromise: hmmmmmm çåñ u marry sum1 that is 6yrs older than u?
Sure! Even more. As long as we come to term with each other.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
val_dubem: Age or No Age, Love is Blind

Yea luv is blind, but still need to move with a stick
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by maygah(f): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
Morayo747: I think what you meant here is *@ most 4 years* . You are somewhat clueless I think..my wife is 9years younger than myself and we are happy. What are you on about??
u re rit. my dad is 10 yrs older than my mom & dey are happy together. They are peers. I can't date or marry a man who is only few yrs older , but that's not to say I also want so much age differnt btw me & my husband.

1 Like

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Compudoms(m): 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
An uncle of mine left his wife for a younger woman. His reason was that when people come to ask for the wife, they ask him 'sir we want to see your MOTHER'. The age difference was 5 years and they were married for only 25yrs.
Women age faster than men so i think the age diff should be much, if u don't want people to one day call ur wife ur MOMSEY

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Popowaa: 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
k2039:

Someone reasoning exactly like me.

When I hear of age difference of 10 years,I call it child abuse(not literal though)

People dont even consider the average age at which people die(let say the average man who leaves long die at 7O,so that means the widow will likely remain unmarried from age 60 till she dies.)
u can marry smone who is four yrs older dan u n he can still die n leave u
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by lukade: 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
martyns303:
10yrs is like a generation gap, while a 35yr old man is thinking about growing in his career, a 25yr old girl is likely thinking about clubing, there wont be effective communication as their ideas and perception are different and the worst thing a man can do is be in a union with someone who do not share is objectives.
its only a stupid female that will be unwilling to settle down at the age of 25.lets think of it from the flipside;dont you think it will be lovely for you to be in your early sixties while your wife is in he early fifthies.also,if you are 64yrs and wife is 60yrs.women age quicker than men so the age diffrence of 10yrs is ok.though it may appear too wide at the start of the relationship but more resonable later.their body chemistry change greatly in their early fourties.thats the main reason most men without adequate knowledge of this flirt with younger girls
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by tiwasiaife(m): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2012
Xplodes2700: Age is definitely an issue, it makes me sick hearing a 25yrs old girl even dating a 35yrs old guy, in my own opinion i feel the age difference shud be @ least four years angry
i totally disagree with u. Ten yrs is nt a vry big gap. Marriage/rlatnshp has to do with maturity. Ask ur dad and mum hw old they r and u wil be suprise the big gap yet they live as friend. U want a gal that wil get older than u wen ur clocking 50 so that u wil start looking for smal gals outside. Bekiaful o.

1 Like

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Smartiegurl(f): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2012
2 me i can't jst involve ma self with a 30yrs old dude or with a 17yrs old boy! Like seriously they aint gonna thnk like u, dat of 17yrs old wil always thnk lyk a baby whle dat of 30yrs old wil alwaz try 2 remind u dat u aint his mate or somthng, or beta stil man handle u! So 2 me age matters!!
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by P4VS20: 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2012
as for me oh, min 5 years, max 15 yrs. lol. why, MOST women grow older living with a guy. they become less playful grown women in all things, its like they become too serious, those re not fun at all. and i dont want the boy in me to be lonely. esp african ladies...grrrr. going interracial. angry , i shall miss the heavy loads which those oyinbos dont have sad sad sad, but whatever. looooool.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Florena(f): 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2012
Smartie gurl: 2 me i can't jst involve ma self with a 30yrs old dude or with a 17yrs old boy! Like seriously they aint gonna thnk like u, dat of 17yrs old wil always thnk lyk a baby whle dat of 30yrs old wil alwaz try 2 remind u dat u aint his mate or somthng, or beta stil man handle u! So 2 me age matters!!
only if d man did nt love u then he wil always remember u re nt his mate, but if love exist btw d 2 of u then u guys wil actually bcom d best of friends and he wil even 4get abt d age difference, talkin 4rm experience

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Wendyslim(f): 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2012
Age is not a big deal in a relationship all dat is needed is understanding

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Okworigeorge(m): 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
richarts:

You has a points anyway.
....RIP ENGLISH
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by salt1: 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2012
ebizswit: Someone, about 37 is proposing, nd am 22, though he looks under 30sha...is d age difference way too much?

Follow your gut instincts. Age shouldn't be the only consideration. Just be certain that, at 22, you are ready to cope physically and emotionally with wifehood. One danger of marrying a bit early is that later, you may feel that you sacrificed your youth and so may be tempted to adultery. Especially if you didn't finish university education.

@topic, age difference is a cultural thing. Yorubas generally marry their age-mates or the woman may even be slightly older. People suspect that is why they are polygamous because their wives age faster than them. A man of 60 doesn't think he is as old as a woman of 60.
Igbos generally marry women up to or more than 10yrs younger than them. They want until they hammer and then bring in a young wife to enjoy it and give them children. Marrying a young girl ensures you have a residential nurse even in your old age, and not a grandma needing care too.
Hausas? Make I no talk! We all know they catch them young.
Love is blind,eh? Someone said that at age 15 or 16, it's not only blind but is also deaf and dumb!

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Smartiegurl(f): 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2012
Florena:
only if d man did nt love u then he wil always remember u re nt his mate, but if love exist btw d 2 of u then u guys wil actually bcom d best of friends and he wil even 4get abt d age difference, talkin 4rm experience
datz wah they alwaz want us 2 beliv. To me i ain't gonna involve ma self.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by starpon1: 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Nna abeg help me ask am oh
DailyNews:

You were asking girls out when you were 15yrs- what for pls hmmm...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by ipromise: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2012
Wendyslim: Age is not a big deal in a relationship all dat is needed is understanding
one of my ex-gf took 3yrs from më, when ℓ̊ found out i took to my
heel...
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Florena(f): 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2012
Smartie gurl: datz wah they alwaz want us 2 beliv. To me i ain't gonna involve ma self.
different pple, wit different opinion but u might never knw when dis thing they call love begin 2 dramatize in one's life
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by lukade: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2012
kcreal: A friend of mine is getting married to a guy she is 9yrs older than. How about that?
love cant be that blind
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Florena(f): 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2012
ipromise: one of my ex-gf took 3yrs from më, when ℓ̊ found out i took to my
heel...
b4 u found out, re u in any way tired of d relationship or is there any difference in hw u feel
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by dober(m): 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2012
grin

1 Like

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Smartiegurl(f): 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
Florena:
different pple, wit different opinion but u might never knw when dis thing they call love begin 2 dramatize in one's life
lolzz! Exactly, buh i pray love does'nt drive me go dat way!!
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by kumbalo(m): 8:51pm On Nov 29, 2012
k2039:

Someone reasoning exactly like me.

When I hear of age difference of 10 years,I call it child abuse(not literal though)

People dont even consider the average age at which people die(let say the average man who leaves long die at 7O,so that means the widow will likely remain unmarried from age 60 till she dies.)
another overgrown kid. Think you should go bak to mama and stop accessing adult content on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by Okworigeorge(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
richarts: Vicky and berem whats the matters? Why must you quotes my replying if you do not understood? I just doesnt like how nairalanders characteristic.

Anyways, I like boths of your name.
....a minute silent 4 English, RIP ENGLISH
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by anitank(f): 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
esere826: when I was very young, I felt it was silly for a girl to date someone much older than herself (max 2 years older). Anything younger was acceptable
As I grew older , I felt it was silly for a girl to date anyone more than 7 years older than her. Anything younger was acceptable

At my present age, I now feel it is silly for a girl to date anyone more than 16 years older than her. Anything younger is acceptable
When I'm in my 70's, I suspect I would feel it is silly for a girl to date a guy more than 40 years older than her. Anything younger would be acceptable

Umh........
Just musing
musing?......or jonzing? grin
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by SELFWORTH: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
Compudoms: An uncle of mine left his wife for a younger woman. His reason was that when people come to ask for the wife, they ask him 'sir we want to see your MOTHER'. The age difference was 5 years and they were married for only 25yrs.
Women age faster than men so i think the age diff should be much, if u don't want people to one day call ur wife ur MOMSEY

One day, the young woman will also dump him for someone younger when he is too old to fulfil his marital duties grin.
Re: Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? by SELFWORTH: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
kaboninc:
Its way too much but it depends on what you want. 15 years difference!

Why? Does the age of both parties guarantee the success of the marriage ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Female Pastor In UK: "I Am Marrying A Nigerian Because Of Money, Not Love" / She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. / Lady Sacrificed UK Scholarship For Man Who Later Left Her For Another Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.