Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,606 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space (3131 Views)

When She Says She Needs SPACE.... / If Your Guy Has These 10 Qualities, Don’t Ever Lose Him (pictured) / How Can A Girl Say She Needs Space Without Giving Any Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by MyPalsZone: 4:17am On Dec 01, 2012
I have been dating this guy for 5 weeks now. The first two weeks were great but by the 3rd week I began to notice that there was a distance building between us. He was calling less often and we were spending less time together. Last week I asked him if there was a problem and he said that he felt that the dating was moving quickly towards a relationship/commitment when he was not really ready for one. He said that he was experiencing financial difficulty at the moment and he didn't want to get into anything serious unless he was sure his career was headed in the right direction. I really want this to work because I feel a connection with him and I think that this can be really special. But he is making it more and more difficult for me to get through to him, and I don't want to lose him. What should I do?

Courtesy:www.mypalszone.wall.fm
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by k2039: 5:38am On Dec 01, 2012
Well,someone is not ready for commitment.

If he loves you he will be committed,all those excuse he gave you is just to justify his action.

I'm afraid he isnt that into you anylonger,the best thing is to give him the space he wants and you move on with your life.
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Pysam(m): 5:45am On Dec 01, 2012
Find the next bus I leave quick.let him av the space he want,its not a do or die thing. If you so bonded to him and he does not feel same for you move ahead gurlfriend.
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Mynd44: 6:16am On Dec 01, 2012
Before you started dating, he saw some thingd about you that made him go wow. Even after the first few weeks, he was happy that you were gis but now the euphoria has gone down and he feels less about you.

It happens. The finances is just an flimsy excuse. Stay with him for some more time and study him. If he refuses to change, dump him
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 01, 2012
Then, give him the dem fuckìng space. He is bored! angry
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Puvguy: 6:43am On Dec 01, 2012
Move on pretty!...If it will make you feel better, tell to join 'NASA' to experience space he sorts.
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by greatgod2012(f): 6:44am On Dec 01, 2012
k2039: Well,someone is not ready for commitment.

If he loves you he will be committed,all those excuse he gave you is just to justify his action.

I'm afraid he isnt that into you anylonger,the best thing is to give him the space he wants and you move on with your life.

dont u think d guy is amazed on how deep d relationship is going within a very short period, d guy may be afraid to be committed now, thinking that d time-span is too short for him to really know her and be committed to her, hence his excuse. As for me, i will advise d lady to give him more time, so dt they can both understand each other better.
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by greatgod2012(f): 6:46am On Dec 01, 2012
Mynd_44: Before you started dating, he saw some thingd about you that made him go wow. Even after the first few weeks, he was happy that you were gis but now the euphoria has gone down and he feels less about you.

It happens. The finances is just an flimsy excuse. Stay with him for some more time and study him. If he refuses to change, dump him

yes, she should give him more time to know and study her better.
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by djeezy(m): 6:54am On Dec 01, 2012
k2039: Well,someone is not ready for commitment.

He has said everything. @Op stop being clingy too. Just give him the space he wants. Love is something we do willingly, you cannot compel him to love you. If he's decided and wants space, ask him plainly if it's a break up or not coz to me that's the best polite break up modus operandi guys use.
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by cindyrella(f): 6:54am On Dec 01, 2012
Give him space, maybe he is bored already. Some guys are like that.....
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by DExplorer1: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2012
cindyrella: Give him space, maybe he is bored already. Some guys are like that.....
Sweetie!
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Atandav: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2012
Just give him space or u will force him to send a text that can cause a touching story here on nairaland.
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by cindyrella(f): 7:18am On Dec 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

Sweetie!
Hi honey
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by DExplorer1: 7:20am On Dec 01, 2012
cindyrella:
Hi honey
I saw you in my dream smiley
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 01, 2012
Give him space
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Mynd44: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

Hmmm
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by cindyrella(f): 7:42am On Dec 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

*blushing*
really?
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by cindyrella(f): 7:43am On Dec 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
Hmmm
*sneeze*
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by DExplorer1: 7:44am On Dec 01, 2012
cindyrella:
*blushing*
really?
Yes darling, with our beautiful kids running around the living room smiley
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by DExplorer1: 7:46am On Dec 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
Hmmm
You got hmmming problem? Huh undecided
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Mynd44: 7:53am On Dec 01, 2012
You both enjoy
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by cindyrella(f): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

awwwww so sweet! kiss
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by UjSizzle(f): 8:21am On Dec 01, 2012
Give him space and keep ur fingers crossed, cause that relationship might just be over.
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by DExplorer1: 8:32am On Dec 01, 2012
cindyrella:

awwwww so sweet! kiss
Yeah baby, lets make this real smiley
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Atandav: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

he no go better for roasted yam nd red oil. Na him dey cause this kind dream, girl wey u never see don get children for u? Ojigbijigbi.............
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by k2039: 8:52am On Dec 01, 2012
greatgod2012:

dont u think d guy is amazed on how deep d relationship is going within a very short period, d guy may be afraid to be committed now, thinking that d time-span is too short for him to really know her and be committed to her, hence his excuse. As for me, i will advise d lady to give him more time, so dt they can both understand each other better.

If he was amazed,what he would have told her is baby,please lets take it slow.

I just dont understand the concept of space,during that time(they wont be dating I guess).

Well I'm a young engineer,so I think in pictures and figures(I'm almost emotionless).
So lets do some math.

The chances of him coming back is 50%,so if he doesnt come back she has all to lose(the time waiting).

If he wanted this girl badly he wouldnt say space because he understands he may lose her due to the space.

I just think he is trying to be polite,he's done with her,if he probably had se.x with the op I can say with 100% certainity that he is done with her.

It's better for her to assume the worse now than hoping,if he comes back good for her(she may haave to consider hi again,thats her choice then),if he doesnt come back she has nothing to lose but if she hopes and it just doesnt work I'm afraid it will be worse for her emotionaly then.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 01, 2012
Give him space to find out where he is headed... He will never make time for the relationship as much as u wld want him to until he has discovered wats going on wit him
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Mynd44: 9:33am On Dec 01, 2012
He just got overwhelmed. Clear case of "INFLATED EXPECTATIONS"

Now he wants a rethink.

Simple as that
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Midastorch(m): 9:40am On Dec 01, 2012
Hey sis,do you want to hear the truth? 5 weeks and he's already tired?I'm sure he has gotten what he wanted frm you.just move on with ur life and be smart in your next rlship.God bless.
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Mynd44: 9:42am On Dec 01, 2012
Midastorch: Hey sis,do you want to hear the truth? 5 weeks and he's already tired?I'm sure he has gotten what he wanted frm you.just move on with ur life and be smart in your next rlship.God bless.
What if she did not sleep with him?
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Midastorch(m): 10:03am On Dec 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
What if she did not sleep with him?

I hope she tells us the truth.buh if not then there must be some demonic forces troublin the guy.asking for space after 5weeks doesnt make sense to me.if he did not think of anything,the tym he wasted in askin her out shld be precious to him or maybe she gave in cheaply sha.*justsaying*
Re: I Don't Want To Lose Him, But He Says He Needs Space by Mynd44: 10:14am On Dec 01, 2012
Midastorch:

I hope she tells us the truth.buh if not then there must be some demonic forces troublin the guy.asking for space after 5weeks doesnt make sense to me.if he did not think of anything,the tym he wasted in askin her out shld be precious to him or maybe she gave in cheaply sha.*justsaying*
You can't really be sure. Let's work with the info the OP provided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of This Photo? / PHOTO: What Is Wrong With This Pics / Leaked: Trump Paid Millions To Hide These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.