Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? (8083 Views)

APC: When Are We Going To Collect The #5000, #10000 & #15000 Fg Promised? / List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard / Eye Witness Account Of The BRT/Military Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by elrony(m): 11:48am On Dec 06, 2012
D bus full lag na in form of keke nd danfo lol...

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by redcliff: 11:57am On Dec 06, 2012
[size=30pt]omo,
super blue omo,
washes even brighter and it shows*

singing**[/size]
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by prettyboi1(m): 11:58am On Dec 06, 2012
GEJ's government magic. Abrakadabra.
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by taharqa: 11:58am On Dec 06, 2012
I THINK THIS PROMISE HV BEEN LARGELY FULFILLED, ESP ON THE SIDE OF THE FG. The FG promisd two things: they would assist the states govts to obtain the long buses (sm states govt hv already startd receiving this and deploying same as sm persons hv said here) AND they also promisd to help private Transport unions to import these buses at cheaper rates by such moves as removing import duties and VAT on importd buses and broken down components of long buses (that was done dis October)... FG HAS FULFILED HER PART IN ABUJA, ASK YR STATE GOVTS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ANY IN YR STATE
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by princemedico: 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
BRT is a bus/transport scheme by Lagos state government and not a type of bus or something, so pls those in charge should make the correction.
As per the buses they are now 'stories that touch'.
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by alliswell2(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
the FG gave out the money to each state govt.
So if u dont see any in ur state,u kn ur govonor don....:
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by mankand(m): 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
Wendyslim: Abuja don get some sha why others don enter voicemail.gbam kiss undecided undecided

Na the buses wey Yar'Adua buy be the one wey day Abuja road now oh...........

GEJ na Messi, IBB na Maradona
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
I know some MISCHIEF MAKERS DELIGHT in distortion of facts and LIES. I stay in Enugu and I can confirm that the SURE-P palliative buses ply Enugu roads daily, alongside the state govt owned buses. The federal govt buses has the inscription "federal mass assisted transport" on it. I dont know about other states but I will be suprised if the buses are absent in any state.
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
mankand:

Na the buses wey Yar'Adua buy be the one wey day Abuja road now oh...........

GEJ na Messi, IBB na Maradona
See LIE! Human being!
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
SEGAD:

I also reside in Enugu but have not seen those buses. Anyway, I will be on look out. Nigerian really take a lot of rubbish from the government.

They're everywhere in Enugu. Innoson buses are managed by state govt while federal is managed by AutoStar... Well that's what iThink
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by Akanbiedu(m): 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
taharqa: I THINK THIS PROMISE HV BEEN LARGELY FULFILLED, ESP ON THE SIDE OF THE FG. The FG promisd two things: they would assist the states govts to obtain the long buses (sm states govt hv already startd receiving this and deploying same as sm persons hv said here) AND they also promisd to help private Transport unions to import these buses at cheaper rates by such moves as removing import duties and VAT on importd buses and broken down components of long buses (that was done dis October)... FG HAS FULFILED HER PART IN ABUJA, ASK YR STATE GOVTS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ANY IN YR STATE

Do you guys have conscience at all?
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by Akanbiedu(m): 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
@post.

The buses are being produced by INNOSON as we speak. You only need to wait till........may be 2030.
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by kutchs: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Do you guys have conscience at all?

Why wont you people be sincere for once. To say that the govt has not partially or fully fulfilled its promise is to say the least very bad.
I visit cities in Enugu regularly and most of them have this buses (some supplied by Innoson and some by Tata). They are on the road at least I see about 3 or 4 in Jalingo where I live.

You guys should stop your smear campaign and give the FG credit where it‘s due.
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by jimino(m): 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
FG na scam dem b. GEJ na correct yahoo yahoo man
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by Obinnau(m): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
at least some peeps have agreed that the fed govts actually didnt renegade on their promise so credit should actually be given to them when due!
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by oraclefemi(m): 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
I have seen some in Lagos...
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by teskyg: 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
Most at the Buses are lying at Lekki Garage.Lagos state Government playing politics.They have not been assigned routes to ply.The opposition who sponsored the fuel subsidy protest does not want Nigerians to benefit from their program.
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by kelvincoll(m): 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
Fruittyswaqboii: They're on the way from China.. they're coming by road
grin grin grin Only in Naija
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by uzoexcel(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
How to make Egusi Soup

Ingredients

Egusi (Melon) seeds - 3 cigar cups | 600g
Red Palm Oil – 2 cooking spoons
Beef – Best cut and Shaki (cow tripe)
Fish – Dry Fish and Stock Fish
Crayfish
Pepper and Salt to taste
Vegetable – Pumpkin leaves or Bitter leaf
Seasoning – 3 Maggi or Knorr cubes
Traditional Seasoning – 1 Okpei (optional)
Tools I used

Cooker: Buy it in USA | in UK
Deep Pot: Buy it in USA | in UK
Spice grinder for grinding egusi (melon) seeds: Buy it in USA | in UK
Spatula: Buy it in USA | in UK
Chopping board: Buy it in USA | in UK
Knives: Buy it in USA | in UK
Before you cook Egusi Soup

Before preparing the soup, soak the dry fish for about half an hour. Boil the stockfish for 20 minutes and leave in the pot with the hot water to soak for about an hour.
Much closer to your cooking time, grind the Egusi with a dry mill. Grind the crayfish and the dry pepper separately and set aside. Wash the vegetable to be used. Cut into tiny pieces.
Boil the shaki, stock fish and dry fish in 1 litre of water till they are well done. First sign of a done shaki is that the cuts will start curling on itself.
Wash the beef to be used for the soup and place in a pot and start steaming at medium heat. There is no need to add water at this stage. When the meat is done, add 3 cubes of Maggi/Knorr. This method makes the meat cook faster while retaining all the taste. Also meat contains lots of water and you will notice that the water content increases as the meat starts to boil.
Cooking Directions

There are two main methods of cooking egusi soup. These we will call oil before egusi and egusi before oil. Confusing? Not.
Oil Before Egusi

Put 2 cooking spoons of red palm oil into a dry pot and set on the stove to heat. As soon as the oil is clearer, add the ground egusi and start frying. This should be done at low heat to avoid burning. Keep frying till you see the egusi getting drier. One sign of this is that it will start sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Now, start adding the shaki/fish stock little by little while still turning the egusi. When the stock is exhausted and you feel that the soup is still too thick, you can add more water. If your choice of vegetable is bitterleaf, it should be added now as well.
Cover the pot and cook for 30 to 45 minutes. The egusi is done when you notice that the oil has risen to the surface of the mix and separated from the mix. If this is the case, add the fish, shaki and meat. Also add pepper and salt to taste. If pumpkin leaves (or any other soft vegetable) is your choice, please add it now.
Cover the pot and leave everything to steam together for 5 minutes.
The egusi soup is ready to be served with amala, Eba (garri), pounded yam or cassava fufu.
Egusi Before Oil

This method produces a healthier egusi soup. This is because there is no frying involved.
In this method, as soon as the shaki, fish and meat are done, remove them from the stock and place in a different pot or plate.
Add the ground egusi to the stock and cook for 40 minutes. You will notice the clear egusi oil coming to the surface of the soup.
Add 2 cooking spoons of red palm oil, the meat, fish, bitter leaves (if it is your choice of vegetable) pepper and salt to taste and cook for another 10 minutes. Now, add the pumpkin leaves if is your choice of vegetables, stir the soup and turn off the heat.
The egusi soup is ready to be served with amala, Eba (garri), pounded yam or cassava fufu.

Enjoy. . . .
redcliff: [size=30pt]omo,
super blue omo,
washes even brighter and it shows*

singing**[/size]
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by uzoexcel(m): 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
Federal mass assisted transport buses have been there since time immemorial
Sincere 9gerian: I know some MISCHIEF MAKERS DELIGHT in distortion of facts and LIES. I stay in Enugu and I can confirm that the SURE-P palliative buses ply Enugu roads daily, alongside the state govt owned buses. The federal govt buses has the inscription "federal mass assisted transport" on it. I dont know about other states but I will be suprised if the buses are absent in any state.
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by BetaThings: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
teskyg: Most at the Buses are lying at Lekki Garage.Lagos state Government playing politics.They have not been assigned routes to ply.The opposition who sponsored the fuel subsidy protest does not want Nigerians to benefit from their program.

Oshiomole led at least 5 fuel subsidy protests during Obj regime. Did we hear that opposition sponsored it?
The week Yaradua assumed office, there was fuel subsidy protest. Did anyone speak about opposition

So what are Abati and Okupe doing? So they cannot clarify the position and put the "opposition" to shame
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by BetaThings: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2012
kutchs:
Why wont you people be sincere for once. To say that the govt has not partially or fully fulfilled its promise is to say the least very bad.
I visit cities in Enugu regularly and most of them have this buses (some supplied by Innoson and some by Tata). They are on the road at least I see about 3 or 4 in Jalingo where I live.

You guys should stop your smear campaign and give the FG credit where it‘s due.

Can we have pictures please so that we "can stop this smear campaign"?
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by BetaThings: 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
teskyg: Most at the Buses are lying at Lekki Garage.Lagos state Government playing politics.They have not been assigned routes to ply.The opposition who sponsored the fuel subsidy protest does not want Nigerians to benefit from their program.

Pls tell Oga to ask Okupe come out and tell us
1. where the buses are
2. Their number (3, 4, 10)
3. Reg numbers, if any
4. Pictures

We need to expose the opposition in real life not in this faceless manner on NL
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by BetaThings: 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
oraclefemi: I have seen some in Lagos...
1. Pics
2. Routes
3. Registration Number
Please oblige
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by Dee60: 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
When politicians tell lies, it sounds like truth in their own ears! That is how bad it is! Did you ever believe them at that time?

They promised 11,000 kilometers of new roads, new trains all over the country. etcetera.
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by TalkingBird: 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
Na wa!
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
uzoexcel: Federal mass assisted transport buses have been there since time immemorial
People just sit in their homes and imagine all sorts of EVIL and WICKEDNESS. Can you imagine this fellow arguing with me over an issue in a city I have lived for over a decade? The STUPIDITY of some persons is palpable. The LIES and MISCHIEF one reads on the internet these days are just DISGUSTING. The Enugu state Mass transit system (aka coal city buses) were the only mass transit system in operation in Enugu until recently when the SURE-P palliative buses (federal assisted mass transit) were added to the public transport system. The coal city buses were part of the transport reforms of the Sullivan govt. Prior to now, there was nothing like federal assisted mass transit in Enugu. Some persons will DENY their name if that will discredit govt. How are these sort of SHAMEFUL attitude different from that of some thieving politicians? Shame!!
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by banki(m): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
@sincere nigerian, this thing you are doing someday you would reap the true rewards i have watched you turn logic on its head everytime,

I challenge you to tell me what the federal governmen has done with the mark up put on every litre of petrol,between 2007 and now because that was the reason for removing the toll gates , the N5 on every litre of fuel was meant to fix the roads now the roads were not fixed or maintaned yet subsidy was partialy removed.

I leave in Abuja how many subsidy buses are available within the city, not to talk of the outskirts, Enugu state is a large state and its not enugu city alone, what about nassarawa state etc, how come SURE P spent 75million on local travels alone what have they done with the money generated from the removal of subsidy,

You would soon tell me they constructed and awarded road contracts and ministry of works would also come out and tell us they constructed the same road, NDDC would also claim they fixed the same road bayelsa government would say they fixed a portion of the east west road, rivers state government would say the same thing and the truth is that the roads still remain death traps...

I know you dont have a concience how many buses as palliatves for how many nigerians on what roads....continue to promote mediocrity and incinserity its your hallmark
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by banki(m): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
@sincere nigerian, this thing you are doing someday you would reap the true rewards i have watched you turn logic on its head everytime,

I challenge you to tell me what the federal governmen has done with the mark up put on every litre of petrol,between 2007 and now because that was the reason for removing the toll gates , the N5 on every litre of fuel was meant to fix the roads now the roads were not fixed or maintaned yet subsidy was partialy removed.

I leave in Abuja how many subsidy buses are available within the city, not to talk of the outskirts, Enugu state is a large state and its not enugu city alone, what about nassarawa state etc, how come SURE P spent 75million on local travels alone what have they done with the money generated from the removal of subsidy,

You would soon tell me they constructed and awarded road contracts and ministry of works would also come out and tell us they constructed the same road, NDDC would also claim they fixed the same road bayelsa government would say they fixed a portion of the east west road, rivers state government would say the same thing and the truth is that the roads still remain death traps...

I know you dont have a concience how many buses as palliatves for how many nigerians on what roads....continue to promote mediocrity and incinserity its your hallmark
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by uzoexcel(m): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
nna mehn...le kwa dis guy oh...uwa bu pawpaw....if u wan correct person, na by insult?boko haram fire you 4 where u dey.... sad sad sad sad sad
Sincere 9gerian:
People just sit in their homes and imagine all sorts of EVIL and WICKEDNESS. Can you imagine this fellow arguing with me over an issue in a city I have lived for over a decade? The STUPIDITY of some persons is palpable. The LIES and MISCHIEF one reads on the internet these days are just DISGUSTING. The Enugu state Mass transit system (aka coal city buses) were the only mass transit system in operation in Enugu until recently when the SURE-P palliative buses (federal assisted mass transit) were added to the public transport system. The coal city buses were part of the transport reforms of the Sullivan govt. Prior to now, there was nothing like federal assisted mass transit in Enugu. Some persons will DENY their name if that will discredit govt. How are these sort of SHAMEFUL attitude different from that of some thieving politicians? Shame!!
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by Teejayphillip(m): 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
They are on the RED SEA .... They will b with us as a surprise jus lik d new year FUEL SCARCITY...
Re: What Happened To The BRT Buses FG Promised Nigerians? by sayemma: 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
What will apromise made under the influence of alcohol amount to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Air Defense Systems / 2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike / Oyo Assembly Approves Fresh ₦18bn For Makinde After ₦100bn Loans In 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.