Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? (29785 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/ No, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
fellis: ^ I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't watch the video; am browsing on my phone.
@pleep, what the hell does your graph have to do with the topic?
And how can you boldly and shamelessly advocate the treatment of women like slaves? I don't understand you. That you are 19 years old does not justify your rëtarded way of thinking, I know people that are younger than you but way smarter and logical.
Do you have a mother or sister? Can you boldly tell them to their faces that they do not deserve freedom and they must be regarded as immature children all their lives?
Stop wasting my time with your meaningless posts and go fly a kite or something.

Clearly, he needs to go home and learn to be a sensible adult.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Shimexx, physics and all the other smart posters out there... do you see why i call these ppl dumb?

Fellis you stupid wench, you just made a post that said
"Also researches have been carried out that showed that women are happier and function better when there is no gender discrimination against them.
Read more on the subject if you can. Peace"

That graph and the CNN report shows that what you said is the complete opposite of the truth, women were actually happier before feminism. Instead of admitting you were wrong you would rather use silly catchwords like "keeping women in slavery" to get silly over-protective men riled up, so they can come out and defend you.

I know ur kind Fellis, this is not my first rodeo wink
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf:

Not that I'm fully reading the link, but from what I can tell how does this help your case pleep-kun?
The link is the web citation for that graph. Its from the authors of the book Freakanomics, i bet you haven't read it have you? grin

And I didn't say i care if men are happy or not, i don't. The observation was simply funny take it or leave it. wink
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: Shimexx, physics and all the other smart posters out there... do you see why i call these ppl dumb?

That graph shows that is the complete opposite of the truth. Can you dumbasses stop talking air and admit that i have disproven almost every single thing you have posted on this topic?

But you've failed every single time. Would you like us to lie just for you?

This latest 'victory', supposing she's wrong, how does it help your sorry excuse of a case?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
^ I'm not going to argue circles with you little man. Is she wrong or not? Arguing with me is one thing, but are you going to argue with the University of Pennsylvania?

.... about a subject you clearly know nothing about?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: Shimexx, physics and all the other smart posters out there...
do all the leaders in nigeria think the way u do?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: Shimexx, physics and all the other smart posters out there... do you see why i call these ppl dumb?

That graph and the CNN report shows that what you said is the complete opposite of the truth, women were actually happier before feminism. Can you dumbasses stop talking air and admit that i have disproven almost every single thing you have posted on this topic?

What fellis said
Fellis: Also researches have been carried out that showed that women are happier and function better when there is no gender discrimination against them.
Read more on the subject if you can. Peace

Fellis is right in a sense. Feminism is associated with better and stable relationships
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071015102856.htm

As for your graph, there could be many explanations for the dip in happiness? Women were hit more in the financial recession? The increase in domestic violence? etc

Furthermore, happiness is not something that is a useful measure. Nigeria is among the happiest nations. We all know how backwards and impoverished Nigerians are.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/931775_freakanomics__jpg4dfe24d1cb8417557a1686283681e6b2

[size=18pt]
I hope I have exposed why you are the fool[/size]
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
@pleep,
it's just so unfortunate that I cannot watch that video. But you said that women were happier before feminism. Are you talking about the era before feminist movements began? Because that wouldn't be helping your case at all since we will be looking at another era entirely with different ways of life. You cannot proove that feminism is the factor that is making women unhappy, unhappiness could be as result of economic changes or changes in some other societal trend.

And pleep, your mother is the wench not me.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
Grasping at straws monkeyboy03

1. The recession happened 2 years ago... women's happiness began to drop in the 70's.

2. Women were not hit harder in the recession, that could not be further from the truth. The 08 recession was caused by a housing bubble and thus most of the jobs lost were in construction, home repair and other overwhelmingly male dominated sectors

3. divorce and out of wedlock births have more than tripled since feminism, is that "stable romance" to you?

4. Domestic violence was probably higher in the 70's than it is now. They were "oppressed" back then right?

5. You are a dumbass and everything you posted in BS. wink
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: ^ I'm not going to argue circles with you little man. Is she wrong or not? Arguing with me is one thing, but you going to argue with a government happiness census?

.... about a subject you clearly know nothing about?

Big man, how does this help your case? I'm not the one who presented that finding, I'm wondering how your re.tarded a$$ thinks it helps your case.

This particular case of inaneness involves you claiming the situation has been fair, not that they've been happier you t.wat. I do recall going through a bit of pain to point out many women actively support the status quo, no? So how does this support your case?

Here, an article about the people who at one time polled themselves happiest the people on the planet. We've been usurped, but we'll forever undeniably be the kings of 'suffering and smiling'

www.guardian.co.uk/global/2011/jan/04/nigerians-top-optimism-poll

Sheeple are going to be sheeple. It is not exactly uncommon in history either. The sha in iran, napoleon's code in europe, frederic and his attempts to give plebs rights. Even good and proper slaves have been known to balk at attempts to free them.

So explain to me how this helps your case you imb.ecile. It looks to be doing the opposite from where I'm standing. Seems they're finally cognizant of the fact they've been shafted for a bit too long for now.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
^listen monkeyboy number 2, this is not about "my case". I have been proving my case for the last 3 pages.

This is about the blatantly false allegation from fellis
"Also researches have been carried out that showed that women are happier and function better when there is no gender discrimination against them.

Under the impression that there was "oppression" of women before feminism, what she said is the polar opposite of the truth. Im still laughing at how all you dudes popped up to defend her. Over-protective much? grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: Grasping at straws monkeyboy03

1. The recession happened 2 years ago... women's happiness began to drop in the 70's.

2. Women were not hit harder in the recession, that could not be further from the truth. The 08 recession was caused by a housing bubble and thus most of the jobs lost were in construction, home repair and other overwhelmingly male dominated sectors

3. divorce and out of wedlock births have more than tripled since feminism, is that "stable romance" to you?

4. Domestic violence was higher in the 70's than it is now.

5. You are a dumbass and everything you posted in BS. wink

1) Recession did not start in 2007
According to economists, since 1854, the U.S. has encountered 32 cycles of expansions and contractions, with an average of 17 months of contraction and 38 months of expansion.[5] However, since 1980 there have been only eight periods of negative economic growth over one fiscal quarter or more,[48] and four periods considered recessions:
July 1981 – November 1982: 14 months
July 1990 – March 1991: 8 months
March 2001 – November 2001: 8 months
December 2007 – June 2009: 18 months[49][50]

2) Women were hit harder in the recession. Fact
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/apr/06/women-hit-hard-us-economic-recession
http://femalebreadwinners.com/working-women-l/

Keep arguing like a fool against facts

3) Yes, blame divorce and bastards on feminism like a fool

4) Domestic violence has risen in the past years
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-29/domestic-violence-police-survey/54633282/1

5) You are the dumbass and I have backed up everything that I said.

How you can put happiness solely on feminism is beyond me. Your arrogance in ignorance is exceptional
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: ^listen monkeyboy number 2, this is not about "my case". I have been proving my case for the last 3 pages.

Under the impression that there was "oppression" of women before feminism, what she said is the polar opposite of the truth. Im still laughing at how all you dudes popped up to defend her. Over-protective much? grin

Are you high? How is my statement the opposite of the truth? And how does your graph prove that feminism is responsible for the drop in happiness? Google up the effect of gender discrimination in the workplace and on female psyche and read.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
Monkeyboy did you even read the title of your article? grin

[size=20pt]"Women hit hardest in US economic recovery as jobs growth slows"[/size]

Pay attention to the bolded

It says recovery fool. Men lost more jobs, because it was a HOUSING BUBBLE, women gained less jobs during the recovery because they didn't loose as much. The stimulus was directed to the sectors most affected, these were typically male dominated sectors like contruction work.

Common sense dude.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
fellis:

Are you high? How is my statement the opposite of the truth? And how does your graph prove that feminism is responsible for the drop in happiness? Google up the effect of gender discrimination in the workplace and on female psyche and read.
One at a time young lady, i cant reply to 4 fools at once. wink
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: Monkeyboy did you even read the title of your article? grin

[size=20pt]"Women hit hardest in US economic recovery as jobs growth slows"[/size]

Pay attention to the bolded

It says recovery fool. Men lost more jobs, because it was a HOUSING BUBBLE, women gained less jobs during the recovery because they didnt loose as much. the stimulus was directed to the sectors most affected, these were typically male dominated sectors like contruction work.

Common sense dude.

grin grin grin grin [size=14pt] Fool! Did you read the first sentence under the topic? Did your mother not tell you to never judge a book by its cover?[/size]

[size=28pt]Areas where women are most likely to work have been cut heavily since the recession as men see more employment gains[/size]
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) Recession did not start in 2007

2) Women were hit harder in the recession. Fact
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/apr/06/women-hit-hard-us-economic-recession
http://femalebreadwinners.com/working-women-l/

Keep arguing like a fool against facts

3) Yes, blame divorce and bastards on feminism like a fool

4) Domestic violence has risen in the past years
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-29/domestic-violence-police-survey/54633282/1

5) You are the dumbass and I have backed up everything that I said.

How you can put happiness solely on feminism is beyond me. Your arrogance in ignorance is exceptional

HIGH FIVE!!
*gimmie sum!!*
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
*Kails*:

HIGH FIVE!!
*gimmie sum!!*

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
monkey. the article is about the recovery not the recession itself. More men lost their jobs, and thus more men were available to regain them. Haha ok though, lets say that the current happiness gap is because of the recession in 2007.

That does not explain the decrease in female happiness that occured since the 70's. If you are saying that females become unhappy because of recessions that occur every 10 years, (and men are magically unnafected) that looks to me like a direct consequence of entering the work force. Essentially "enjoying" the privileges that have been denied them for so long. Your argument is circular, it has nothing to do with the big picture.

Feminism is still to blame for decreasing female happiness

Lol at kalis cowering in the shadows while her glorious manginas do battle with the evil pleep. grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

cool cool

wiegraf and fellis went in too.

you guys take am easy tho. he's young and has a lot to learn.
one day he'll get it.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: Lol at kalis cowering in the shadows while her glorious manginas do battle with the evil pleep. grin

*files her nails*
when have i EVER ran from an e-beef pleep? smiley
exactly. i just don't have the time to repeat myself
to someone who doesn't understand. like i said you'll mature more
and get it. i'm not obligated to force you so i won't even try.

call it running. be my guest lol.
trust idgaf. cheesy
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
wink ^

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: Omg dude, the article is about the recovery not the recession itself. Haha ok though, lets say that the current happiness gap is because of the recession in 2007.

That does not explain the decrease in female happiness that occured since the 70's. If you are saying that females become unhappy because of recessions that occur every 10 years, (and men are magically unnafected) that looks to me like a direct consequence of entering the work force. Essentially "enjoying" the privileges that have been denied them for so long. Your argument is circular, it has nothing to do with the big picture.

Feminism is still to blame for decreasing female happiness

Lol at kalis cowering in the shadows while her glorious manginas do battle with the evil pleep. grin

You should read more;

"Women are more likely to work in government positions, especially as teachers or clerical workers, areas that have been cut heavily since the beginning of the recession. They are also more likely to work in retail, a sector that cut jobs in March"

The above quote is from the same link.

You have not proven how feminism is to blame for dip in women's happiness. Also, I have explained to you that happiness is a foolish measure. A drunk is happier than a sober man.

Furthermore, feminism has been linked to stable relationships so sharaap. grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: ^listen monkeyboy number 2, this is not about "my case". I have been proving my case for the last 3 pages.

Yes I know you don't think it "oppression", you think of it as a "restriction". How stoopid can you be? Wtf is wrong with you? Hitler called jews "the final problem", you know that, yes? You m.oron

Now, since you're apparently logical, don't dodge the issue, and show us your superior logical powah. How does this help your case?

It doesn't? So what have you been doing all day? Roasting ants with a magnifying glass while thinking about how you can get one over those damned manginas on the internets?

You may have some issues

To top it up, this is the best you could come up it..
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Viewing this topic: mondi_cheeks(f), *Kails*, fellis(f), Logicboy03(m), pleep(m), Flytefalls(f), wiegraf

lol.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: Men have never oppressed women in the west, what you see in history is restriction not oppression. It was balanced out via protection and provision.

Fellis you think this particular eediot is going through a phase?

Look at this nonsense...lol... *smh* will not suffice
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

You should read more;

The above quote is from the same link.

You have not proven how feminism is to blame for dip in women's happiness. Also, I have explained to you that happiness is a foolish measure. A drunk is happier than a sober man.

Furthermore, feminism has been linked to stable relationships so sharaap. grin
If recessions make women unhappy its because of entering the workforce, and that is because of feminism. You are back at square one dude.

Like i said a million times, the graph was in direct contraction to a post by fellis that said:

So weather or not you think happiness is a good measure of anything, the fact of the matter is your goddess was wrong. If women were oppressed and descriminated against in the past feminsm and "less descrimination" did not make them happier.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep: If recessions make women unhappy its because of entering the workforce, and that is because of feminism. You are back at square one dude.

Like i said a million times, the graph was in direct contraction to a post by fellis that said:

So weather or not you think happiness is a good measure of anything, the fact of the matter is your goddess was wrong, femnism did not make women happier.

The graph had nothing to do with it.

Happiness is a bad measure. End of story
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

The graph had nothing to do with it.

Happiness is a bad measure. End of story
Who cares if you think its a good measure. The reason i posted the graph was to prove fellis's allegation false, and thats exactly what it did. You guys are tripping over your joysticks for nothing. grin

wiegraf:

Yes I know you don't think it "oppression", you think of it as a "restriction". How stoopid can you be? Wtf is wrong with you? Hitler called jews "the final problem", you know that, yes? You m.oron

Now, since you're apparently logical, don't dodge the issue, and show us your superior logical powah. How does this help your case?

It doesn't? So what have you been doing all day? Roasting ants with a magnifying glass while thinking about how you can get one over those damned manginas on the internets?

You may have some issues

To top it up, this is the best you could come up it..
[size=100pt] ?[/size] dafuq do jews have to do with aything. So I want to exterminate all women now? You are one crazy mangina
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
pleep:
[size=100pt] ?[/size] dafuq do jews have to do with aything. So I want to exterminate all women now? You are one crazy mangina

You're dumber than I thought you were, an impressive feat. Read this s-l-o-w-l-y

To tell your puny little brain what you're supporting is alright you replace the word "oppress" with "restrict", thereby dealing with your guilt and trying to sell it as somehow more politically correct. Like (your probable hero) hitler et al did by replacing "genocide" with "final solution". Seems to me you know all too well what you're doing
, you're simply cowardly hiding behind logic, or rather, sophism.

It could be you're just really, really stoopid sheeple who cannot tell right from wrong though.

Do tell, what exactly do females do to you to warrant this sort of hate?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
There is a very very important distinction between the word restrict and the word oppress, oppression implies not having the 'victims' best interests at heart, while restriction is a more broad term. If you have kids, im sure you restrict them because you love them, not because you hate them? That's why earlier i said when women were considered inferior, it was like a child to an adult not a human to an animal. People don't truely think children are inferior, they simply think they were less able than adults.

The same applied to women in the past. During slavery in the 1820's the black slaves were oppressed while the white female plantation wives were restricted, they couldn't vote, but were probably the happiest and most pampered people in the whole nation. Words have power, feminists have been twisting words to fit their agenda since the movements inception.

Let a feminist tell history the plantation wives had it harder, or just as hard as the slaves in the field. "Slaves got to vote before women!" But in reality, they prolly had it better than the white men.

I'm sorry i refuse to be brainwashed by feminism like you guys have. wink
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
I did come across the statistics showing an increase in emotional satisfaction with decreasing discrimination but unfortunately, I failed to bookmark or save the page. I just spent the past 45minutes or so trying to dig up the site but I didn't find it.
In any case, your graph doesn't make any difference neither does it proove my claim false.
You have no point pleep, go to bed it's past your bedtime.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Zamfara Traditional Ruler Flogs Men In Public For Stealing. Photos / Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / Colorful Pictures Of Onitsha Ofala Festival As American Missions Visits- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.