Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? (29788 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/ No, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
pleep: The strength difference is around 30% starting at puberty. Its because of testosterone, which basically makes men retain muscles mass even if we are not doing anything so i guess thats kinda like cheating... but

for the most part you are right...but there are some exceptions still.
compare the average east african male to a thick west african woman. wink

comments like this weird me out, its very divorced from reality.

how so? our pain comes naturally. we don't have to be socked, sh0t, stabbed; etc to feel it. every month, in fact just about everyday a woman experiences natural pain. he didn't specifically say how men were strong but if we are talking ENDURING PAIN on a regular basis, unless the man has a disease with similar side effects, women take this one! we take our medicine or whatever and we cope with it. that's strength.

You know pregnancy and periods are not the only source of physical pain in the world. If you want to see male pain look at the Vietnam war, men loosing arms and legs, getting burned alive, world war 2, world war 1, workplace fatalities etc. And don't even forget all the times unfortunate males have been hit in the nutz...

LOL@ THE BOLDED grin

Hilarious. Again pleep, those are inflicted, they are not automatic. In fact women fight in wars too and some while on the rag. tongue Cramping like hell, and shooting mortars! grin

As for the emotional strength, men loose loved ones, loose jobs, ruin relationships, get rejected at the same rate as women, so i don't know where you would come to this conclusion. Just because someone doesnt show their emotions doesn't mean they don't feel them.

And you have a very good point. Societies world wide believe a man showing emotion to be a sign of weakness. But in turn, those same men who have to bite their bottom lips to keep the tears from flowing, turn around and hurt women emotionally.

Man gets hurt by ONE chick it's "fck these bytches!!! i'll treat them all like h0es"...
and that one guy often times will end up bringing pain and heartache to many women. it happens both ways, but tell me i am lying when i say that way is most common. wink

and women go through the same thing men do as far as break ups, losing loved ones; etc. but the everyday stress of being a woman, not being able to walk down the street without some jerk bag holding his c0ck and trying to holla, having a 1/4 chance of being raaped, enduring sexism, enduring pressure from OTHER women and having to dehumanize yourself to live up to society's standards...it's a lot for a woman to deal with. Trust me. We are in NO WAY superior, but when it comes to dealing with bullish there is no comparison. undecided undecided

The only men I CAN HONESTLY SAY, have it almost as hard as woman are black men. You have a higher chance of being profiled and even killed just walking down the street, not only by racists but by your own kind.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
Well on NL when money is involved its suppose to be 50/50... Everything else... the rats on this forum start talking about its a men's world angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:
Cheers. You didnt state a reason but cheers.

Cheers.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Well on NL when money is involved its suppose to be 50/50... Everything else the rats on this forum start talking about its a men's world angry angry angry

lol grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 5:18am On Dec 25, 2012

how so? our pain comes naturally. we don't have to be socked, sh0t, stabbed; etc to feel it. every month, in fact just about everyday a woman experiences natural pain. he didn't specifically say how men were strong but if we are talking ENDURING PAIN on a regular basis, unless the man has a disease with similar side effects, women take this one! we take our medicine or whatever and we cope with it. that's strength.
With the exception of periods any sort of pain is usually inflicted by an outside force be it disease, circumstances, yourself or another person. When you make a statment as broad as:

"COLLECTIVELY women endure more emotional and physical pain than men.

the only way a man is stronger than women is through physical labor/muscle mass."
this you have to look at the big picture. Perhaps women can handle pain better, but to suggest that they collectively experience more physical pain is super innaccurate. It is very much the opposite

Man gets hurt by ONE chick it's "fck these bytches!!! i'll treat them all like h0es"...
and that one guy often times will end up bringing pain and heartache to many women. it happens both ways, but tell me i am lying when i say that way is most common.
Well if you want the honest truth i thought this went the other way around. There aren't many guys who become bitter after just one rejection, that sort of thing happens after a life time of bad experiences. Just like with women. Haha, but if you are talking about these internet tough guys, these dudes aren't mean 'for the sake of getting revenge' they are dominant because they think it makes them more successful with women. Its the 'nice guy, bad boy syndrome'. But besides all that, have you considered all the men who have lost millions to women in divorces and pay child support to children they never see? The vast majority of those who kill themselves after relationships end are male, and most relationships are actually ended by women. Love is an equal exchange of pain, men think they are hurt more and women think they are hurt more. The reality is somewhere in the middle.

and women go through the same thing men do as far as break ups, losing loved ones; etc. but the everyday stress of being a woman, not being able to walk down the street without some jerk bag holding his c0ck and trying to holla, having a 1/4 chance of being raaped, enduring sexism, enduring pressure from OTHER women and having to dehumanize yourself to live up to society's standards...it's a lot for a woman to deal with. Trust me. We are in NO WAY superior, but when it comes to dealing with bullish there is no comparison.
All of this is legit except for the bolded. The 1 out of 4 rape stat is extremely false. Its actually a statistic for college r.ape and assault done in 1985, the real figure should be around 1/14 and even that is mainly 'party rape' basically 2 drunk adults having secx (is that really r.ape?) or Rufilin drugging or forced sex with the help of alcohol. The sort of r.ape you are thinking (dark alley) is a rare crime in developed countries, i think around 1% of r.ape in colleges. It is actually the stat that is making you paranoid outside at night. http://aspiringeconomist.com/index.php/2009/09/11/rape-statistics-1-in-4/

About the sexism, have you noticed that they are both perks and negatives associated with being a particular gender? it tends to balance out

The only men I CAN HONESTLY SAY, have it almost as hard as woman are black men. You have a higher chance of being profiled and even killed just walking down the street, not only by racists but by your own kind.
Lets theoretically say that black women have it harder than black men, If you believe that i'm not going to argue with you. But do you honestly think white women have it harder than black men? or even white men? There are some ethnic groups were often women do have a harder time, many parts of the 3rd world for example. But to make a statement as broad as "collectively women endure more pain then men" is untrue
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
whether i got the statistics for raape right or wrong, the point is for women it is much higher than for men. there are far more precautions we have to take on a daily basis. And if my 1/4 stats are based on college campuses that makes the situation MUCH WORSE, as not even on school grounds are we safe! grin

again don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting men do not suffer but you cannot honestly compare your issues with those of women. for every ONE issue you have generally speaking, we have two! grin

as for white women, they have it kinda bad as well being put on a global pedestal.
if they live up to it, they lose part of themselves, and if they don't they face being ostracized as "white trash". Of course black men and women have it worse in every aspect when it comes to this "battle of the s3xes". But let's not act like white women or any other women don't have it bad as well. Remember it was white women and their "women's movement" that brought it to light that they were doing twice the work as their men but getting half the pay. let's not even talk about the harassment they get on the job. we all suffer but collectively pleep, women have it harder.

yes i have considered the men who've lost out on love, committed suicide, and the whole child support business. again, i am NOT saying men don't suffer, i have three brothers and have heard their complaints first hand. I am just saying consider all the things men go through and take time to think about the average DAY for a woman and it won't compare.

the average working man and woman scenarios:

man: works hard, has to deal with an azzhole boss, might have a row with a stranger about something (you know how you all get with your testosterone rush tongue) and goes home...might drink a beer and/or watch some tv to calm his nerves.

woman: works hard, has to deal with catty/h0rnball coworkers and clients, is verbally sexually harassed on and off the job, goes home...COOKS, takes care of the children, clean up, makes sure everyone in the home is good..barely has time for herself but still makes sure her home situation is secure...etc.

do you get what i am going with this?

for every woman who takes a man to court for child support, there are much more who don't and have to raise the kids on their own. At this point we are talking about the consequences for making bad choices and therefore leaving the original topic, but either way both sexes have their own issues. I just feel women have the bad end of the stick most times.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
LOL damn i wrote a novel! grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:

Of course black men and women have it worse in every aspect when it comes to this "battle of the s3xes". But let's not act like white women or any other women don't have it bad as well. Remember it was white women and their "women's movement" that brought it to light that they were doing twice the work as their men but getting half the pay. let's not even talk about the harassment they get on the job. we all suffer but collectively pleep, women have it harder.
he average working man and woman scenarios:

man: works hard, has to deal with an azzhole boss, might have a row with a stranger about something (you know how you all get with your testosterone rush ) and goes home...might drink a beer and/or watch some tv to calm his nerves.

woman: works hard, has to deal with catty/h0rnball coworkers and clients, is verbally sexually harassed on and off the job, goes home...COOKS, takes care of the children, clean up, makes sure everyone in the home is good..barely has time for herself but still makes sure her home situation is secure...etc.

Good points about women doing twice the work of men. (even when they generally possess lesser physical strength than men)

Women's movement or liberation is not moving so fast, women are still mostly expected to be solely responsible for taking care of the house and children.

The situation is a bit worse in some African societies that are predominantly patriarchal and where the husband is seen as weak or effeminate if he assists his wife with house work.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 27, 2012
fellis:

Good points about women doing twice the work of men. (even when they generally possess lesser physical strength than men)

Women's movement or liberation is not moving so fast, women are still mostly expected to be solely responsible for taking care of the house and children.

The situation is a bit worse in some African societies that are predominantly patriarchal and where the husband is seen as weak or effeminate if he assists his wife with house work.

While I agree with you and Kalis on equality and women's rights, you guyz piss me off with your hypocrisy angry

How can the maltreatment of women stop when you believe in the same god that those male chauvinists believe in?

A man believes that it is his God-given right to be superior to women; the wife must abide to his decisions always, the daughter must always get less than the brother, the women in the family need male guardians etc

May you and Kalis marry religious male chauvinists- befitting for your religious hypocrisy.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 27, 2012
@logicboy

wth? grin sir, i am not religious.
i don't believe in religion. wink

@fellis I understand. But as for me, my wish is not to make africa more western.
in fact i don't even like the womens' rights movement because
they confuse NATURAL GIVEN RIGHTS with RIGHT TO DOMINATE.
That is not what I support, I support respect and the 50/50 principle.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:
@logicboy

wth? grin sir, i am not religious.
i don't believe in religion. wink

@fellis I understand. But as for me, my wish is not to make africa more western.
in fact i don't even like the womens' rights movement because
they confuse NATURAL GIVEN RIGHTS with RIGHT TO DOMINATE.
That is not what I support, I support respect and the 50/50 principle.

Sharaap there. angry

You're a God believer!

Anyways, you mischaracterize the women's right movements- most of them want equal pay and equal treatment. Yes, there are feminazis and extremists who want to dominate men but they are a fringe.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Sharaap there. angry

grin grin

*silenced* tongue

You're a God believer!

oook...yes, i am...and??

Anyways, you mischaracterize the women's right movements- most of them want equal pay and equal treatment. Yes, there are feminazis and extremists who want to dominate men but they are a fringe.

lol sir, i think you forgot what you were initially outraged about. please do tell us misguided women, how our belief in God contradicts our outlook on the relationship between man and woman. grin

ahhh i remember:

How can the maltreatment of women stop when you believe in the same god that those male chauvinists believe in?

A man believes that it is his God-given right to be superior to women; the wife must abide to his decisions always, the daughter must always get less than the brother, the women in the family need male guardians etc

you my brother, are a top of the LINE comedian! grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:

grin grin

*silenced* tongue

oook...yes, i am...and??

lol sir, i think you forgot what you were initially outraged about. please do tell us misguided women, how our belief in God contradicts our outlook on the relationship between man and woman. grin

ahhh i remember:

you my brother, are a top of the LINE comedian! grin

Okay. wink

But still, why are you and Fellis ignoring the religion that makes the problem of unequal treatment of women worse? It now gives men the divine backing of God to unfairly treat women?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 6:45am On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:
whether i got the statistics for raape right or wrong, the point is for women it is much higher than for men. there are far more precautions we have to take on a daily basis. And if my 1/4 stats are based on college campuses that makes the situation MUCH WORSE, as not even on school grounds are we safe! grin

Ok. W/e im not going to argue about this anymore. You will believe what you want

But again, about the r.ape statistic.. its not 1/4 women on college campuses its less than 1/14 read the article ffs. How on earth could a rational person manage to misunderstand what i posted like this? The fact that you guys would believe a stat like that yet we know dozens of women in real life who have never been raped explains why i cant discuss anything will yall.

... along with other things.

Now lemme leave before i get annoyed. peace
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 7:09am On Dec 27, 2012
@ Everyone who is able to think logically, The patriarchal system balaces out.

Women trade control and freedom for physical safety and stability, while men trade physical safety for control and access to reproduction. When females were seen as inferior but it was like a child to an adult, not a human to an animal. less capable than men but yet still more valuable and worthy of chivalry. This is why men gave their lives for women in the titanic disaster. From the female perspective patriarchy is like a controlling boyfriend, not this evil oppressor like feminists like to portray. There are some societies were this system works out unfairly to females but the United States is not one of them.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 8:17am On Dec 27, 2012
pleep: @ Everyone who is able to think logically, The patriarchal system balaces out.

Women trade control and freedom for physical safety and stability, while men trade physical safety for control and access to reproduction. Females were seen as inferior but it was like a child to an adult, not a human to an animal. less capable than men but yet still more valuable and worthy of chivalry. This is why men gave their lives for women in the titanic disaster. From the female perspective patriarchy is like a controlling boyfriend, not this evil oppressor like feminists like to portray. There are some societies were this system works out unfairly to females but the United States is not one of them.

Adults are adults, that's all that should matter. Physiological differences should have no say on laws and what not. Salient difference is one group physically conceives children, the other doesn't. Accommodations should be made for that. Anything else? No. At all.

This also means one cannot say harass another sexually and expect to get away with it because they're of the 'weaker' or 'fairer' sex. Or indeed get special favors of any sort (except of course those involving the obvious physiological difference). It works both ways, equal rights, opportunities, etc etc for everyone. Decisions should be based on merit, this does not include gender, skin color, height, etc.

Of course, many women dread this as well
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
pleep: @ Everyone who is able to think logically, The patriarchal system balaces out.

Women trade control and freedom for physical safety and stability, while men trade physical safety for control and access to reproduction. Females were seen as inferior but it was like a child to an adult, not a human to an animal. less capable than men but yet still more valuable and worthy of chivalry. This is why men gave their lives for women in the titanic disaster. From the female perspective patriarchy is like a controlling boyfriend, not this evil oppressor like feminists like to portray. There are some societies were this system works out unfairly to females but the United States is not one of them.

Sorry, did you come from the stone age? Flinstones?

Even in America, women are crying for equal pay. How can a woman do the same job and get paid less than a man?

What makes you think a controlling boyfriend is a good thing? Are you some sick puppy?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
Obviously some women don't like patriarchy, thats why feminism happened.

When i talk about stuff i look at the big picture not silly little talking points like you guys. First off, there is no reputable company in America that would purposely pay women less than men. They have no financial incentive. If wage discrimination is found, a company would get sued back to the stone age, why would they take that risk? Like most other feminist stats the wage gap is BS. While men on average do earn more money it is because of the choices they make, not discrimination. Working more years at a specific job, taking less benefits, and entering higher paying specializations. The 77 cents to a $1 stat takes none of that into account.

This balances out because the vast majority of women still want to marry a partner richer than them, and society still expect men to pay for dates etc. The entrance of women into the workplace drove down wages and made being a stay at home mom impossible for many females who would have otherwise preferred that. Back when men actually were 'privleged' in the work place, married women were privileged to stay at home. They simply preffered to do domestic work than to labor in some coal mine.

What makes you think a controlling boyfriend is a good thing? Are you some sick puppy?
And logicboy get the sand out of your vagina, you sound very emotional.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
pleep: Obviously some women don't like patriarchy, thats why feminism happened.

When i talk about stuff i look at the big picture not silly little talking points like you guys. First off, there is no reputable company in America that would purposely pay women less than men. They have no financial incentive. If wage discrimination is found, a company would get sued back to the stone age, why would they take that risk? Like most other feminist stats the wage gap is BS. While men on average do earn more money it is because of the choices they make, not discrimination. Working more years at a specific job, taking less benefits, and entering higher paying specializations. The 77 cents to a $1 stat takes none of that into account.

This balances out because the vast majority of women still want to marry a partner richer than them, and society still expect men to pay for dates etc. The entrance of women into the workplace drove down wages and made being a stay at home mom impossible for many females who would have otherwise preferred that. Back when men actually were 'privleged' in the work place, married women were privileged to stay at home. They simply preffered to do domestic work than to labor in some coal mine.

And logicboy get the sand out of your vagina, you sound very emotional.

Good lord, you are truly in a state of overconfidence! smiley Confidence in your BS.

Remove societal pressures with a patriarchal bias and you would see that who earns more money is not always relevant in a relationship. What matters is that the money to take care of the relationship should be there.

As for your ignorant claims that wage inequality is not a problem;

AAUW took a closer look at the difference between men and women who enter the same occupation. The apples-to-apples comparison found that women still earned about 7% less than their male counterparts. Give their similarities, this pay gap is unexplained, and gender discrimination is one potential factor, the study says
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2012/10/24/gender-pay-gap/1652511/

Furthermore;
Negotiating a salary can make a difference in earnings. But some research has found that women are less likely to negotiate for higher salaries, and other studies have shown that women who do negotiate are perceived differently than men and may be penalized, Graves says.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Remove societal pressures with a patriarchal bias and you would see that who earns more money is not always relevant in a relationship. What matters is that the money to take care of the relationship should be there.
Societal or not, women generally prefer partners who earn more money than them, and they have a right too. Stability and security are the top priorities for females in a patriarchy and a financially stable mate is the best way to attain this. The risk of divorce actually increases almost 40% when the female earns 60% or more of the household income. This phenomenon has been studied numerous times and has been found to be a product of evolutionary phychology. Is not really something you can argue.

Logicboy03:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2012/10/24/gender-pay-gap/1652511/

I am so glad you posted this article, it proves my point to a tee. The wage gap statistic you would hear someone like mrsdarkskin saying is 77 cents to a dollar, feminists believe that women make 77% of what men make because of discrimination. That stat is BS because it doens't take into account the fact that men and women make different employment choices. This article you posted demonstrates how when you compare male and female wages, apple to apples the gap is only 93 cents to a 100 cents, hardly a big difference.

Like your article said, the bulk of the difference between wages is there because women are drawn to fields like teaching and nursing while men prefer the sciences. This has nothing to do with discrimination, as women are actually preferred in education and encouraged to enter these fields. Engineering companies actively scout for female employees. So like i said, the pay difference between men and women is primarily decided by the choices we make, not by some fabricated patriarchal oppression.

AAUW took a closer look at the difference between men and women who enter the same occupation. The apples-to-apples comparison found that women still earned about 7% less than their male counterparts. Give their similarities, this pay gap is unexplained, and gender discrimination is one potential factor, the study says
I am very impressed that the "American Association of University Women" conducted a balanced and accurate study, so i am prepared to believe that all 7 cents of the remaining gap are caused by discrimination. However, like i said earlier this balances out because of the wealth transfer from males to females via marriage and social obligations as well as affirmative action legislation for women in college.

So whether or not we like the 'controlling boyfriend' called patriarchy, there is no denying that it is a fair system.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
pleep: Societal or not, women generally prefer partners who earn more money than them, and they have a right too. Stability and security are the top priorities for females in a patriarchy and a financially stable mate is the best way to attain this. The risk of divorce actually increases almost 40% when the female earns 60% or more of the household income. This phenomenon has been studied numerous times and has been found to be a product of evolutionary phychology. Is not really something you can argue.

I am so glad you posted this article, it proves my point to a tee. The wage gap statistic you would hear someone like mrsdarkskin saying is 77 cents to a dollar, feminists believe that women make 77% of what men make because of discrimination. That stat is BS because it doens't take into account the fact that men and women make different employment choices. This article you posted demonstrates how when you compare male and female wages, apple to apples the gap is only 93 cents to a 100 cents, hardly a big difference.

Like your article said, the bulk of the difference between wages is there because women are drawn to fields like teaching and nursing while men prefer the sciences. This has nothing to do with discrimination, as women are actually preferred in education and encouraged to enter these fields. Engineering companies actively scout for female employees. So like i said, the pay difference between men and women is primarily decided by the choices we make, not by some fabricated patriarchal oppression.

I am very impressed that the American Association of University Women conducted a balanced and accurate study, so i am prepared to believe that all 7 cents of the remaining gap are caused by discrimination. However, like i said earlier this is balances out because of the wealth transfer from males to females via marriage and social obligations as well as affirmative action legislation for women in college.

So whether we like the 'controlling boyfriend' called patriarchy there is no denying that it is a fair system.

Are you a man? cheesy
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Of course, but not the same kind as you.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
pleep: Of course, but not the same kind as you.

lol.....see swag! Mr Alpha male.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 2:11am On Dec 28, 2012

You see the bolded, for the first one, add this comment as well:
pleep:
Societal or not, women generally prefer partners who earn more money than them, and they have a right too.

This is just silly. You speak for all women? Who the hell do you think you are? Maybe I should go over and dictate to you what you can and cannot do as well.

The second bolded in the first qoute I make, no matter how you spin it, is patently false. Today things may be acceptably equal in the US, but you mean to say historically it has been so? When did they get the vote, in the 20's, yes? You know how much work was required to get to the stage we are at today?

Don't perpetuate nonsense just because you want to play big daddy. And more importantly, don't assume you know best for everyone, it is ridiculously insulting. Merit. That is all.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 28, 2012
wiegraf:

You see the bolded, for the first one, add this comment as well:

This is just silly. You speak for all women? Who the hell do you think you are? Maybe I should go over and dictate to you what you can and cannot do as well.

The second bolded in the first qoute I make, no matter how you spin it, is patently false. Today things may be acceptably equal in the US, but you mean to say historically it has been so? When did they get the vote, in the 20's, yes? You know how much work was required to get to the stage we are at today?

Don't perpetuate nonsense just because you want to play big daddy. And more importantly, don't assume you know best for everyone, it is ridiculously insulting. Merit. That is all.

What? You dont know that he is an alpha male? His pen.is is 15 inches and he controls all the women! cool
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: Ok. W/e im not going to argue about this anymore. You will believe what you want.......Now lemme leave before i get annoyed. peace

pleep: And logicboy get the sand out of your vagina, you sound very emotional.

Oh the irony tongue
The conversation was over long ago sir. You cannot compare men to women and conclude men go through what we do. Women still have the raw end of the stick either way. this is well known. And as for my stat, i acknowledge it was exaggerated but the point is women in colleges are harrassed at high rates and many DO NOT report, why? Not only do they usually know the perp but its expected of them to "get over it" as women. I am a woman sir, i have no need to make this up. You talking about read an article? Why dont you go do some research for yourself.

And im out...
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 2:56am On Dec 28, 2012
Good.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 28, 2012
Lolz....

boy bye.
Seriously.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:
While I agree with you and Kalis on equality and women's rights, you guyz piss me off with your hypocrisy angry
May you and Kalis marry religious male chauvinists- befitting for your religious hypocrisy.
At last, logicboy has finally gotten it off his chest.
It must have been really difficult holding that in.

I don't know what your obsession is with my alleged hypocrisy that you keep talking about. You have brought it up so many times now....
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:05am On Dec 28, 2012

Women trade control and [size=13pt]freedom[/size] for physical safety and stability, while men trade physical safety for control and access to reproduction. Females were seen as inferior but it was like a child to an adult, not a human to an animal. less capable than men but yet still more valuable and worthy of chivalry. This is why men gave their lives for women in the titanic disaster. From the female perspective patriarchy is like a controlling boyfriend, not this evil oppressor like feminists like to portray. There are some societies were this system works out unfairly to females but the United States is not one of them.

It is very sad to read this statement and to know that there are still a lot of men out there who think like you.
Firstly you mentioned that women should trade their freedom for physical safety and stability. Why is that? Physical safety and stability is something that should be provided for every member of society, male and female as part of the administration's plan to ensure the welfare and wellbeing of its citizens. No one should have to give up their freedom or to be subjected to control by others just to enjoy security or safety . What you are saying is not different from saying women should be made slaves to men just to get physical safety/stability. I know you wouldn't like to give up your freedom or to be controlled by another person so why do want to subject another person to that life? Or do you assume that women are not human beings like you and don't like freedom?
Secondly, females should not be seen as inferior, whether as a child to adult or as a human to an animal. The belief men have about women being inferior is what has led to the many sexist and discriminatory actions that are taken against women. It is what has led to a lot of men's condescending attitudes towards women and their losing respect for them, their not seeing the real value women have as members of society and their making women second choice when it comes to selecting people for jobs irrespective of their intellectual capacities
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 28, 2012
fellis:
At last, logicboy has finally gotten it off his chest.
It must have been really difficult holding that in.

I don't know what your obsession is with my alleged hypocrisy that you keep talking about. You have brought it up so many times now....

lolz......aww Fellis!

The queen of butthurt grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

lolz......aww Fellis!

The queen of butthurt grin grin grin

I'm not hurt. Just wondering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Zamfara Traditional Ruler Flogs Men In Public For Stealing. Photos / Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / Colorful Pictures Of Onitsha Ofala Festival As American Missions Visits- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.