Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,126 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (26837 Views)

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by tyson99(m): 8:14am On Mar 02, 2013
egberipops:

for women like you sandusty wanted to introduce almajeru zero capital bunking. but u can try nairalannnnnd bank, subsidy bank,shiloh or love world or even immanuel tv banks. stop wastin my battery.....

You have taken ur weed dis morning again abi ?....werey
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by djcombo(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2013
earthgreeners: I give it to Diamond Bank and Stanbic IBTC
earthgreeners: I give it to Diamond Bank and Stanbic IBTC

I concur StanbicIBTC Bank is quite good, i even have two accounts with them smiley grin
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by razzy2crestyah: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2013
Their r gud banks in nijia but leave out UBA nd Fidelity bank. D bank with d best regards for costumers I knw r Gtbank nd Access bank oda gud banks r first bank FCMB Zenith bank nd diamond bank
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2013
There are only two banks in Nigeria. Diamond bank and other banks. Contact me for acct openin forms cheesy angry grin
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by piphunter(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2013
Diamond bank is surely the best. They under new management now and their services are now top notch!
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by tessiko: 8:25am On Mar 02, 2013
GTB, FIRSTBANK, DIAMOND,ZENITH. FOR ME UBA IS A CONFIRMED THIEF BANK, ANYWAY UBA ATM IS ALWAYS ACTIVE, undecided U WILL UNDERSTAND Y
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by kasconi: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2013
@pukkah
Believe me d quene at every gtbank atm's is as a result of their reliability...hv you ever taken time out to do an analysis of every person on d said quene on their atm's? U wil find out dat 70% if not 75% are customers of oda banks rushing to gtbank atms just to show you how reliable they knw gtbank atms are... So pls wen talking abt unending quene in gtbank,pls don't even use their atms quene as measure of their inefficency rather as d proof of relaibility,effectiveness and guaranteed...i rest my case
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by DeHero1: 8:30am On Mar 02, 2013
Make una no forget d OLD METHOD o. I guess it still remains the most reliable so far... but don't expect to receive interest.

DIG THE GROUND AND HIDE UR MONEY. SIMPLE!!!

Even the banks u'r claiming to be d best, do they giv u interest? angry
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by ekytessy(f): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2013
I think all d banks are now ok after d merging, so go to any of them and hv ur account opened.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by AGgal(f): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2013
Central Bank! Very reliable

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by ckkris: 8:36am On Mar 02, 2013
Revolva: Bear bear bank is the best

But you no go fit withdraw 10 kobo from this kind bank. Dem de get half-naked women, and most of their men go hack your ATM. Does this describe many banks in Nigeeia?
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Drlumi: 8:36am On Mar 02, 2013
kasconi: @pukkah
Believe me d quene at every gtbank atm's is as a result of their reliability...hv you ever taken time out to do an analysis of every person on d said quene on their atm's? U wil find out dat 70% if not 75% are customers of oda banks rushing to gtbank atms just to show you how reliable they knw gtbank atms are... So pls wen talking abt unending quene in gtbank,pls don't even use their atms quene as measure of their inefficency rather as d proof of relaibility,effectiveness and guaranteed...i rest my case

I agree with you, but only to an extent. There is no doubt that GTB has a strong foundation of innovation and effectiveness. I think they brought a new mindset into Nigerian banking. Their internet banking is also very commendable. However, they have not been able to manage their crowds. That for me, is a big turn off. The few times I have to enter the bank (even if to speak with customer service), I often have to wait for more than 30 minutes. Sometimes 1-2 hours! That's annoying!

I should however add that if your keyword is reliability, from my angle I would still go with GTB or maybe Zenith Bank. GTB atm cards rarely fail you abroad (that's a very key issue). They don't bring up non-existent charges like some other banks I know of. Their customer service in the bank might be crappy but by phone it is pretty impressive. Also, they have lots of working options available via internet banking.

Summary is: the Nigerian banking industry still needs a major upgrade.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Fantacy1(m): 8:36am On Mar 02, 2013
Nigerian banks ar all Learners...jux save ur money and pray d bank last as long as ur change is dia
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by yamunla(m): 8:38am On Mar 02, 2013
Its Definitely UNION BANK..BIG,STRONG,RELIABLE....

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by ckkris: 8:40am On Mar 02, 2013
Please where is the Sharia Bank that Sanussi started
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by bankyblue(m): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2013
Hmmmm! My brother I ve worked with intercontinental bank, access
Bank, stanbic ibtc bank, and also did two weeks in GT bank training
Sch....... Non is better. You just ve to manage anything they throw
At u. But the worst set of banks re access bank, U B A, diamond and
Of recent first bank. Just try stanbic ibtc, theys re fair for now.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 02, 2013
Best bank is the closest bank to you. Saves you time, energy and resources.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by cowtail: 8:45am On Mar 02, 2013
okosodo: I have accounts with uba and diamond bank, all i can confirm to you is that uba are pure thieves, diamond bank is doing well. I am actively with both ans i see the difference
how uba take be thief?
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by nairabound: 8:46am On Mar 02, 2013
megainvest: First Bank remains Nigeria's most reliable bank in my opinion (Keyword: Reliable). Other nice ones are Zenith and GTB.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Pukkah: 8:47am On Mar 02, 2013

Is long queues no longer an indication of efficient service? You have a queue when the arrival rate is faster than the service rate. Mind you, GTB queues aren't limited to the ATM points but to the banking halls as well.

If having long queues was such a good thing or an indication of reliability then why did the likes of old First Bank, UBA and Union Bank try to shake off the image of 'going to the bank with a mat'?

GTBank was a very good bank in terms of good service but it started losing it after it couldn't cope with the retail and middle income customers that besieged it following the banking turmoil.

The fact is that GTBank didn't start out as a retail bank and is yet to convince me that it can cope with the headaches of retail business like First Bank. Today, GTBank is no longer compact. You can't also predict that you would get a good service when you visit.

The ATMs of many other banks are also reliable. I tell you, if not for the fact that GTBank customers use other banks' ATMs, the melee at GTBank ATM points would have been worse.

It is also not true that GTBank ATMs are always reliable. I've witnessed many instances of ATM downtime and service failures in GTbank.

If you must use a GTBank ATM without hassles, seek out those that are located in low density areas. Overall, I think the GTBank online experience is better than going inside an average branch.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Pappyto: 8:48am On Mar 02, 2013
to me it's GTB, ZENITH, FIRSTBANK DATS ALL
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by nairabound: 8:49am On Mar 02, 2013
Firstbank is the most reliable bank in nigeria other reliable ones are gtbank and zenith. I hope this info helps.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by ekytessy(f): 8:58am On Mar 02, 2013
bankyblue: Hmmmm! My brother I ve worked with intercontinental bank, access
Bank, stanbic ibtc bank, and also did two weeks in GT bank training
Sch....... Non is better. You just ve to manage anything they throw
At u. But the worst set of banks re access bank, U B A, diamond and
Of recent first bank. Just try stanbic ibtc, theys re fair for now.
na ashawo u dey do for bank, why are u jumping from one bank to anoda, abi u just want to write for writing sake
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by zainneyflexy(f): 8:59am On Mar 02, 2013
GTbank all d way........
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by bankyblue(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2013
Believe me d queue at every gtbank atm's is as a result of their reliability...hv you ever taken time out to do an analysis of every person on d said quene on their atm's? U wil find out dat 70% if not 75% are customers of oda banks rushing to gtbank atms just to show you how reliable they knw gtbank atms are... So pls wen talking abt unending quene in gtbank,pls don't even use their atms quene as measure of their inefficency rather as d proof of relaibility,effectiveness and guaranteed...i rest my case

Young man don't come online and give us trash....who told u that the queue at GT BANK is as there result of there reliability? If u don't bank with gt and u re using there atm and at that time u service provide is veing network problem(ur own bank). There is nothing gt bank atm can do ok? Interswitch gave room to other banks customer to withdraw from any bank. And for the main reason why u see people more using GT ATM is because there is always cash in it, and also brings out clean money.........so my brother get into the line and stop saying what u don't no ok and for ur analysis. Is totally wrong!
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by ckkris: 9:04am On Mar 02, 2013
cowtail: how uba take be thief?

Vox populi, my dear, vox opuli. Nigerians have suffered too much. Just count the number of complains here against UBA. They're not all haters.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by BTT(m): 9:05am On Mar 02, 2013
yeye4live: D num 1 bank in nigeria is 1st bank, dis s a bank u can leave ur moni in it n travel out for even more dan 30yrs n com bak 2 meet ur moni intact, d rest na ashawo bank

Sorry sir o, but how old are you sir?

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by eldoradoxx: 9:05am On Mar 02, 2013
I just hope that these bankers are reading the posts to see how Nigerians view their services. I was in Ecobank branch Jabi Abuja just yesterday all the three ATM machines were not working. I went into complain, see the faces of customer care people, so unfriendly. Since I dnt give d damn about people's face I had to practically scream at them and left angrily. The banking hall was choked up, people with all kinds of body odour, sweating and smelling. The ACs were not working well and no form of airfreshner to control the odor in the banking hall. Its not only Ecobank, some other banks are not trying. Good to note that FBN though d oldest bank in Nigeria is keeping up to date with good banking practise, nice banking environment, sufficient number of Tellers to attend to customers. Union is a no go area is you are below 70yrs. GTbank used to be nice, but something has fundamentally gone wrong perhaps since Tayo left the scene Agbaje has not fit into his shoes well. UBA is trying. The best in terms of speed of service is STANBIC IBTC, no matter what you transaction, u hardly spend more than 5-10mins in their banking hall and u hardly see more than 10 customers at a time in their banking halls here in Abuja. To make deposit most times, I see I am d only person in d queue.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by bankyblue(m): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2013
ekytessy: na ashawo u dey do for bank, why are u jumping from one bank to anoda, abi u just want to write for writing sake

If I should write for writing sake, who do I won't to impress? Certainly not u ok? I was in inter bank when it now become access bank, and before I joined inter I was in GT bank training school when I then got inter offer. And now I got a better offer with stanbic ibtc just two month ago, and I moved....note change the only constant thing in live. U might not understand anyway.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by SHEAU(m): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2013
sterling bank plc has been good. good customer support services, excellent product. no exorbitant charges. over a long time they ve not dissapointed me. d bank doesnt make noise.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by egoldman(m): 9:11am On Mar 02, 2013
Flyboy Zee: FBN all the way.
As for Diamond Bank, they want to act like the I-pad of the banking industry, refusing to interface with other banks as if its possible for one to know it all, have it all and do it all.
how exactly do you mean with regards to diamond bank ? plz elaborate .
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by bankyblue(m): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2013
eldoradoxx: I just hope that these bankers are reading the posts to see how Nigerians view their services. I was in Ecobank branch Jabi Abuja just yesterday all the three ATM machines were not working. I went into complain, see the faces of customer care people, so unfriendly. Since I dnt give d damn about people's face I had to practically scream at them and left angrily. The banking hall was choked up, people with all kinds of body odour, sweating and smelling. The ACs were not working well and no form of airfreshner to control the odor in the banking hall. Its not only Ecobank, some other banks are not trying. Good to note that FBN though d oldest bank in Nigeria is keeping up to date with good banking practise, nice banking environment, sufficient number of Tellers to attend to customers. Union is a no go area is you are below 70yrs. GTbank used to be nice, but something has fundamentally gone wrong perhaps since Tayo left the scene Agbaje has not fit into his shoes well. UBA is trying. The best in terms of speed of service is STANBIC IBTC, no matter what you transaction, u hardly spend more than 5-10mins in their banking hall and u hardly see more than 10 customers at a time in their banking halls here in Abuja. To make deposit most times, I see I am d only person in d queue.

That is just the gospel truth about STANBIC IBTC BANK!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tingo Group (Dozy Mmobuosi) Is A Fraudulent Enterprise / Angel Investors And Aspiring Entrepreneurs Meet Here. / Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.