Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (26834 Views)

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Sexxymom(f): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2013
Dis is what am talking about.i've always prayed for reasonable problem like where to bank my billions....... @topic, different bank,different people and for different reasons...
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by thelastPope(m): 9:14am On Mar 02, 2013
@op, this is a very subjective thing. For example, the reason you will see a lot of GTB on this thread is because of the demography that posts of NL. Most of them are students and young men and women in their 20s just starting life. They are mostly driven by trend and majority are posting from Lagos.

Looking at it critically, there are many factors to consider.

1. Accessability: Banks with lots of branches are First bank, UBA, Access Bank(with the Intercontinental branches), EKO bank (with the Oceanic branches). So if you move around a lot, you might want to consider any of those.

2. Technology: Here you have to look at First, GTB, Zenith, Stanbic, FCMB, Diamond. UBA is catching up now with the launch of a better online portal. First bank is still ahead of them all followed closely by GTB. First bank started the first cash receving ATM. GTB was claiming they are the first which is not true. First bank has the widest range of ATMs followed by UBA although many of the UBA ATMs don't ever work. Zenith has about the best and most reliable ATMs. I like the new touch screen ATMs that diamond bank is using in most of their branches now, very cool.

3. Customer Experience: Here is where most of the big banks fall very short. The best customer service are from the less popular banks. Having that, GTB is one of the worst here. With long queues in the banking halls, its chaos at some of their branches. UBA offers 24 hours customer service lines which is cool. Zenith customer service never picks calls. The less popular banks have good customer call support but not all of them offer 24 hour service. Diamond has very good customer support.

4. Business support: This is very important to me and this is where most of these banks really fall short. Only First bank are reliable when it comes to small scale business support. The rest are pretenders and outright fraud. Zenith is the worst here. Zenith will never support your business except you are an oil or sugar importer. But if you are not gunning for business support, then this doesn't apply to you.

These are some of the factors you have to consider when opening an account. My 2 cents!

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Maafiaalady: 9:16am On Mar 02, 2013
AB microfinance bank...Good interest rate...safety of your funds..trust me...
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by bankyblue(m): 9:18am On Mar 02, 2013
Maafiaalady: AB microfinance bank...Good interest rate...safety of your funds..trust me...

Re u a marketer there? Lol.....u wil do wil in the marketing dept Oº°˚ ˚°º

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Cupidkc(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2013
Any bank is reliable to fail you...haven't said this Diamond bank services is cool.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by dacutie1(f): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2013
STANBIC wink

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Jaykizz(m): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2013
GTBANK, FIRSTBANK.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2013
If u want peace go to STANBIC IBTC. GTB? Not all the branches are good. If have any Customer Service issue, never u go to Area 11 Abuja branch of GTB cos u will sleep there. But STANBIC IBTC, everywhere u go, u will have peace.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2013
It is much more better to bank with Fortis Microfinace bank than to bank with ACCESS bank. It is a proven fact.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Case33(m): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2013
@Op, if u require peace of mind with ur money,pls go to 1st bank! They may be old fashioned and archaic but they r indeed reliable. My mother has been in 1st bank since i knew how to say my 1st words n when i started having an acct,all d banks i used have long been folded up with my monies n 1st bank is still der kampe! A lit of these other new generation banks were either bought by other banks or they had to merge with other banks but 1st bank? Their odeshi strong o! GTB is super with internet banking but anytime anyday, for me its 1st bank! They r truly d 1st! I recommend them. wink

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by midep: 10:02am On Mar 02, 2013
Am totally disappointed in u all 4 nt mentioning Unity Bank. The best Bank u can transact ur biz without issue. Succeeding Together is d motto. Sai Unity Bank !!!!
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 02, 2013
All the Nigerian banks as at today are relatively reliable bt they cud give you a surprise of your life when u need them most. I think IBCT remain the number one customer friendly bank. First bank most reliable, Zenith technologically ahead, GTB, Diamond, Skye bank, Fidelity and Keystone also dependable.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by mikymouse1(m): 10:38am On Mar 02, 2013
After going thru all the post, I can safely conclude that the 3 top banks are GT, Diamond n First Bank in that order. As for me Diamond Bank is the bomb. From their innovative technology, to beautiful ambience, courteous staff, wide array of customer centric products n services to their robust contact centre. Diamomd Bank is truly a pacesster.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by chadcolly: 11:09am On Mar 02, 2013
Please experience banking with KEYSTONE BANK.You will be amazed with their fast and efficient service..They are truly underated
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by kennydee05(m): 11:41am On Mar 02, 2013
Access Bank PLC ȋ̝̊̅§ D̶̲̥̅̊ best interms of customer care delivery service... D̶̲̥̅̊ flood my Message book with messages ranging from month ending balance to congratulatory messages on festive and special days period.
UBA: U̶̲̥̅̊seless Bank of Africa
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 12:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
Look for all these smaller banks and open your account. It is better to go to where u will be treated as KING than where you will be begging to take your money. GTB, FirstBank, and their likes are full of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by DIYTechnologies: 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
tellwisdom: See this one wey no get upto 10,000 naira dey ask which bank he wan save em peanut angry angry

His peanut is big money to him. We all must start somewhere abi?
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by erico2k2(m): 12:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
delors: Like seriously? You don't have a bank account yet? Are u a learner?

Just try and contribute ur 2 pence opinion,I only opened my first account in Nigeria 2007 when I was good and ready, main while I had a Barclays bank account for more than 10 years.The moral of my post is not all situation are same, I left the country at a tender age so was not able to have one, so might be the situation of the OP.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by sheymoni(m): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
@ op any bank that does not engage in promos such as, save 25k monthly & stand a chance to win a brand new car or salary for life are reliable. Those useless banks will tie ur money down for big men (dangote, otedola, arisekola & co ) to come & borrow with low interest while u languishing in hunger.
These are some of the few reliable banks:Zenith, GTbank, Union bank, stanbic, unity bank & wema.
These banks don't need to entice you with silly promotions.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by EKELEONU(m): 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
Diamond is very good. Gt and zenith de also try
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by interoute: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
Stanbic IBTC Bank is the best

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by hubreality(m): 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
GTBank
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Sexxymom(f): 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
sheymoni: @ op any bank that does not engage in promos such as, save 25k monthly & stand a chance to win a brand new car or salary for life are reliable. Those useless banks will tie ur money down for big men (dangote, otedola, arisekola & co ) to come & borrow with low interest while u languishing in hunger.
These are some of the few reliable banks:Zenith, GTbank, Union bank, stanbic, unity bank & wema.
These banks don't need to entice you with silly promotions.
my dear i agree with u EXPECT for mentioning union bank.. I closed my account with them 2yrs ago cos then,i can pay in any of their branches but can only withdrawl where i opened d account.....they tell u, u can only withdrawl certain amount,and atimes they tell u network problem so people wait endlessly in d banking hall (espeacially ojuelegba branch)
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by kallysky(f): 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
you can use anyone that suits you
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by ilorioluwaseun: 2:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
first bank and gtb stil d best uba they r burglars
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by AVISENNA: 4:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
I was in Ecobank on the 1st of March 2013 from 8.30am to 10pm , cldn't withdraw , the Atm issued to me could't do same, went to another branch spent 2hrs there, couldn't withdraw , went back to my branch did another 2hrs ,finally I was able to withdraw money around 4.30pm , after 5 1/2 hrs . It's the best bank in Nigeria . All this was both across the counter , with the crazy story of no network . THat na the Banks
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Paentera(m): 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
GTB and Diamond Bank take the cake anytime for me. And I have accounts (corporate & personal) with Zenith, UBA, Stanbic IBTC, Access & former Oceanic bank (Ecobank).
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Jaykizz(m): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
midep: Am totally disappointed in u all 4 nt mentioning Unity Bank. The best Bank u can transact ur biz without issue. Succeeding Together is d motto. Sai Unity Bank !!!!
A typical northener you are. How can unity bank be highly rated when their services are very poor and they often than normal have atm probs.
FACT: I have accounts with First Bank, GTB, Skye Bank, Intercontinental Bank & Unity Bank. N d worst of these banks I used are still Skye and then Intercontinental Bank; nevertheless, Unity follows next.
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by zenatta: 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
One sweltering afternoon, I walked into a banking hall and fell in love. For a minute I thought I was in some sophisticated civilisation. From its exquisite customer service, professional financial advice, to its gorgeous surrounding, STANBIC IBTC oozed class and efficiency. Nothing to do but, to maintain the account that had previously been opened for me.
First Bank is R E L I A B L E. You can rest-assured that any deposit with them is safe. This is the bank I use for my business account. And going by the annoying, and most-inconvenient mammoth crowd, I am not alone in this finding.
I have a soft spot for GT. They haven't failed me especially in the area of ebanking which is amazing and very convenient.
Read this thread carefully and go for your conviction; happy banking experience
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by ekereku: 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
First Bank and Union Bank
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Elebiju: 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
ehie007: FCMB is good and quiet...good customer service. Not congested.
good and quiet abi dem no get customers
Re: Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? by Elebiju: 7:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
midep: Am totally disappointed in u all 4 nt mentioning Unity Bank. The best Bank u can transact ur biz without issue. Succeeding Together is d motto. Sai Unity Bank !!!!
mtchew I don't blame u cos I don't expect much from someone who lives in an arid northern part of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tingo Group (Dozy Mmobuosi) Is A Fraudulent Enterprise / Angel Investors And Aspiring Entrepreneurs Meet Here. / Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.