Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,553 members, 7,770,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. (23195 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Rocktation(f): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2012
Parents' friends do, is what I think he means.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by somegirl1: 11:47am On Dec 13, 2012
Rocktation: Parents' friends do, is what I think he means.

parents' friends will more likely than not be parents themselves. Why would can elderly person attend a wedding they weren't invited to?
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Rocktation(f): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ahh! cheesy
I don't want to mention any tribe, but gurl...you have no idea!
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by gbigbega: 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
zinfly:

i am really considering moving the whole thing from Nigeria. it will be cheaper. classy and memorable. i have really tried to be reasonable here. i eliminated ashebi cos i don't want that fuss. i have asked no one to contribute and i dont mind if you dont bring me a gift. both i and my fiance are fully responsible for our wedding. We just want a happy day less of moaning guest. the problem also is that Nigerians are not demure in their comment. i have seen people work their ass off to do wedding only for people to say the wedding was rubbish, there wasn't enough drinks and food. i was brought up to understand that you attend a wedding to show your support to the couple -food or no food. why do i have to waste my time and effort to please people i don't know. i think the more i read this comment, i become more adamant so that i will either move the whole thing or get heavily armed me. After the wedding i will pack my bags and go. its just cos my inlaws are too frail to attend abroad if not there will be no question about this ***Sigh***

mmm... a bride with so much 'ordering everybody around because its her wedding'. You sound like you are the one wedding ('funding')your fiance. you are even talking about moving the wedding abroad. let me guess- the guy has no say who comes and where it holds. so much het-up over your wedding already, is an harbinger for distastrous marriage. If the opinion of others and members of your family don't count, then I guess you need to do a lot of rethinking about marrying in the first place. I assume your fiance is a gentleman who doesn't like much trouble, but let me give you a simple advise... if his people are thrown out of his wedding, then be sure you have started on a wrong footing. You will definitely forget to invite some very important personel in your life or family. Its offensive enough to forget to invite a relative, bouncing them, when they decide to show up after all, will be Sacrilegious.

My dear, all it will cost you to have more people in your wedding is just more money. Its not worth throwing away your happy married life and relationships because of something that flimpsy. Trust me, you will not even notice they are there.

I do wish you all the best and hope its stands as the happiest day of your life and not the other way round. Please be wise.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by JeSoul(f): 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
LeJeun3: You said yours is an anniversary, Hers is a wedding! Plenty difference. Zinfly, one thing I learnt from Nigeria, is that such events as weddings etc are to benefit your parents. Forgive me for saying this your parents must have attended a few weddings where they weren't the hors d'ovre (special guests). So they will definately bear the brunt of whether it went well or not however if they r confy with it why not. My parents (Dad especially) doesn't go for any occasion uninvited so its easy for me to make a decision, but if my lady has been in all d ashewebi's or gone for many a weeding. . . . . . . . . Lest she becomes the most abused bribe. I don't go for weddings
This is a very good point. I remember I had to wrestle with my mum over how many people she could invite. She vex no be small when I told her lol. In the end both of us compromised. Parents also have to try and understand that their kids may have different tastes and different ideas on how to do things and it is important to allow them a long leash rather than insist their own way.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by LeJeun3: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
some-girl:

do parents gate crash weddings
Well lemme find a perfect way to explain it, lets say my Mum is in the Mothers Union as an active member there is no way she isn't inviting these distinguished or otherwise ladies to the wedding, so is it when some other lady's child is getting married, everyone is automatically invited. Sorry, for my errors in my previous post Didn't proof read it.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by somegirl1: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
LeJeun3: Well lemme find a perfect way to explain it, lets say my Mum is in the Mothers Union as an active member there is no way she isn't inviting these distinguished or otherwise ladies to the wedding, so is it when some other lady's child is getting married, everyone is automatically invited. Sorry, for my errors in my previous post Didn't proof read it.

I believe parents' guests, union members etc have been included in the 300 guests.
The number can't only be made up of the OP's friends esp as she lives abroad
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by rubi96(f): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
tpacalipse: On my wedding day, all uninvited people will be beaten to a pulp by the thugs at the door and I will make sure the venue of the reception is far to the gate. I so much hate gate crashers. Period!
lyk u've neva in ur lyf attended a wedding dat u weren't invited abi
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by blazingtrain: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2012
Your planners should be able to manage d stage appropriately.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 17, 2013
stick to the guest list...whoever isn't on the list cannot enter the venue. Have ur wedding invitations printed "strictly by invitation" to avoid embarrassment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido, Tiwa Savage To Perform In Africa’s Largest E-concert / Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? / With Love, From Makydebbie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.