Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:39 AM

How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. (23192 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Kashif(m): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
When I wedded, I made it clear to guests that they should come alone. Many called to clarify, and I was firm! We wanted a maximum of 200 guests, and that was what we got! Many complained but I did not give a damn. People should learn to respect invitations. In abroad, you dont try it. If you get there, you will see the names of all the guests and their allocated tables. If your name is not there, you were not invited, and not wanted.

Last weekend, a friend 'invited' me to his friend's wedding. I declined, and gave him my reason(s). It is wrong. angry
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
Except you are a celebrity, some of your invited guests won't even come, so don't bother about those that bring extra guests. Are you this stingy? If not what else would make u mind 5% extra guests
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by 76Naira(m): 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
fittty: Why don't you want them there? Or are you broke? undecided

Typical Nigerian mind!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by kalufelix(m): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
val_dubem: when U were carrying ur longer throat up and down peoples wedding and parties, did anybody bounce you? now you want to Chase people away from your own. What is good for Obi should equally be good for Musa.
no mind the broke nigga...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Joshrob(m): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
babyosisi:

I don't believe it is about being broke but rather about wanting your invited guests only
Weddings are not supposed to be open sports games where anyone can wander in from the streets.
It is a private intimate moment especially in this day of kidnappings and Boko haram.
People print invitations for a reason and they also want a fair head count for planning
I have been to wedding where invited guests could not Find seats and the place is crowded with unknown guests struggling for food and souvenir.Nigerians should learn to respect themselves and not show up to ruin people's occasion .
Nothing is limitless including food ad drinks
If she planned for 300,that is the number she wants and folks ought to respect her wishes.
What if all most half of your guess did not make it to the wedding(owo jo no ni ye)..because this happen in my friends elder bro wedding early this year,he did the same but an heavy down pour of rain and an accident on the road to the reception causing a long hold up did not allow his guess to attend the reception..na we carry most of the can drinks go sch on monday go shear,I dey high on can star for straight 3 weeks..so me i don't support the idea o
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by rubi96(f): 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
@poster If u've neva gatecrashed other peoples' weddin with ur friends, then u can go ahead.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by TimePiece(f): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
Yomieluv: Its a good move jare,I see no reason why some invitees will still come with friends,as if the host is a father xmas. the RSVP on the IV is to enable the host plan,but not in the case with Nigerian.pls put "strictly by IV" on the IV,its high time we got it right in our way of life.

for gate-crashers, all they need is to know about it and that's all, even when it is stated that "admission is strictly by IV".
but i totally agree with you that it's got to that point when we should learn to do things right.

a lil' tip for the poster:

*In addition to stating that it is "strictly by IV',
have your wedding in a different town from where you and your spouse reside (let's say at least 150km away). That way, you'll have in attendance the people who really want to attend and you've invited. Parents will have less influence on how, where and who?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by kemifemi: 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2012
Maxwell86: if your wedding is gonna be in FESTAC.... plz invite JTF as bouncers because ur invited guests will not see space to sit down because of UNINVITED GUESTS / TOUTS

You just said my mind. Did my wedding somewhere around 2nd avenue. O boy see crowd and it was on a thursday. Thank God I had made provisions for my colleagues, it would been another story
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Akbee(m): 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
wot an aspiration!economic crisis is the only motivation.pls stop ur proposed segregation.do u call that civilisation?
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
[quote
author=Ada Nri1]Except you are a celebrity, some of your invited guests
won't even come, so don't bother about those that bring extra guests.
Are you this stingy? If not what else would make u mind 5% extra
guests [/quote]This is wedding we are talking about. He knows those that would make it and so he issues them the invitations. He is not being stingy in anyway @ all. You are reasoning like you were in the same situation that he is in.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by omiobo: 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hmmmmm. Bouncers for wedding. That is too harsh. I will advice you to do your wedding in yobe, not all invited guests go make am self not to talk of uninvited guests

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Naijapikin1: 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
Man i like these tips for a private weddin. When am gettin married i will use it,so that one of my ex-girlfriend will not com with their younger ones, claiming that i had married them and that her younger ones are actually our kids, jus to spoil show.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by mekaboy(m): 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY CALLING BOUNCER ETC, JUST DO YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION IN A RESTAURANT OF FAST FOOD. IF YOU COME AND SIT DOWN, THEY WILL GIVE YOU MENU, YOUR PAY AND ORDER WHAT YOU WANT. THOSE UNINVITED GUEST WILL EJECT THEMSELVES AS SOON AS THEY HEAR THAT THATS THE WAY ITS GOING DOWN IN THEIR.

PAY FOR YOUR FOOD AND DRINKS grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by xynerise: 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
k2039: All invited guest must have a wedding pass, those without a pass will be banned at the entrance
My protocol tonight cool
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
zinfly: I need suggestions please. i am getting married soon and would like 300 guest maximum. i have already been advised by a few friends that they will be bringing their friends.

Firstly i find that rude as i understand weddings are meant for close friends and family.

I am considering getting bouncer and security.

Is this acceptable in Nigeria.
Play boy u doing it big, 300? That's some top dollar u be spending. I am looking at 80 people, call me broke and stingy if u like. I rather give wifey a a 2 million naira ring than feed some random strangers who will still complain at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
val_dubem: when U were carrying ur longer throat up and down peoples wedding and parties, did anybody bounce you? now you want to Chase people away from your own. What is good for Obi should equally be good for Musa.

i have never attended a wedding in my entire life which i have not been invited to. i live in the UK and that is purely unacceptable. i don't mind people who know me coming to my wedding but for the sake of courtesy i expect them to let me know (RSVP) so i can accommodate them. What worries me is that some of these friends of friend i have never met. it not about food or money. i just want to make sure that my invited guest are well taken care of. i find it disheartening when invited guest are standing or have had nothing to eat and friend of friend is at the front seat. Hope you understand.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by TYlicious(f): 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
It is very difficult to check uninvited guests at wedding ceremonies in Nigeria.If the Ceremony is held on a weekday,say thursday,u can be sure dat alot of d unwanted guests will either be busy @ work or in school,only close family members and friend wld sacrifice working hrs 2 attend
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
Joshrob:
What if all most half of your guess did not make it to the wedding(owo jo no ni ye)..because this happen in my friends elder bro wedding early this year,he did the same but an heavy down pour of rain and an accident on the road to the reception causing a long hold up did not allow his guess to attend the reception..na we carry most of the can drinks go sch on monday go shear,I dey high on can star for straight 3 weeks..so me i don't support the idea o

What you described is a rare occurrence
The probability of less than invited guests is much slimmer than that of having uninvited guests all over the place occupying seats not meant for them and eating up food
Unusual circumstances do occur
For the celebrant to plan for 300 she may have sent out about 100 invitations or slightly less expecting triple that amount because of spouses and children
People should respect her wishes
Sometimes what they want is a smaller crowd to make it classy with everyone comfortably seated not a bunch of people they don't know occupying seats and guests are standing and some leave in frustration.That is not nice
Personally I think 300 is still a bit much
If the clock was rewound and I were to wed today ,I wouldn't want more than 150 people there
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by kalufelix(m): 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
yhur proposed actions wil look kinda arrogant considering the way pple see things in this part of the world.
How about plannin 4 the two sets of guests (invited n uninvited)...mayb u'll have to limit what the uninvited guests will get so that while u try to make sure ur close friends are treated very well u also try to keep everybody happy...its very important
thats if u're financially capable anyway.,
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by lepasharon(f): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
haba... why you no wan allow ppl jaye ori won,on ur special day naah?
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by kcjazz(m): 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
To avoid wahala, If you want 300 guests only, print 200 invitation cards.
Where is your wedding? Location matters a lot if it is in Maiduguri grin, you will look for guests. Even if in Lagos there are places folks dont like going to for reasons like traffic etc
Do a Tuesday wedding, always works
Avoid locations where both parents are based.
Just tell your guests
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
fittty: Why don't you want them there? Or are you broke? undecided

i don't think catering for 300 guest is broke. i just want those i cater for to have a memorable experience. is that too much to ask
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by somegirl1: 7:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
kalufelix: yhur proposed actions wil look kinda arrogant considering the way pple see things in this part of the world.
How about plannin 4 the two sets of guests (invited n uninvited)...mayb u'll have to limit what the uninvited guests will get so that while u try to make sure ur close friends are treated very well u also try to keep everybody happy...its very important
thats if u're financially capable anyway.,

how will you know when people are seated who's invited and who isn't?
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 10, 2012
And most of these uninvited guests don't even know that it is courtesy to bring a wedding gift with their " langa throat"
They will just show up empty handed ,eat and dive for souvenirs and leave
It is time people started bouncing them at the door with uniformed policemen stationed.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
iamSi:

We both share the same Minds_ am planning doing the same- I resolved at "STRICTLY-BY-IV" things with a pass like a card inside the IV_
If a guess is coming without the Pass even with the IV there's not going to be an entry thats my plan for you bro

My dear, i have that stipulated in my IV but apparently Nigerians do not read invitation card or perhaps don't give a damn what to stipulate. I and my fiance have worked so hard to make this happen and all i want is for people who mean the most to us to come and have a great time. I also thought about the pass but my fiance says that people will forget it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by demelza: 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
Poster go right ahead and do your thing. I dont understand why one should go bankrupt because he wants to satisfy people who dont give a hoot if his marriage makes it to the 2nd year. Most of them go there to show off their latest clothes and take pretty pix especially the women.
And there are some things in our "African culture" that should be done away with. It is highly rude to go to an event where you dont even know the people celebrating. What kind of value do you go to add apart from you constituting a goddamn nuisance? Yeesh!!
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2012
zinfly:

i don't think catering for 300 guest is broke. i just want those i cater for to have a memorable experience. is that too much to ask

I support you 110%, do it
If I were your sister,I will volunteer to stand at that door and bounce people not on the list
I have seen these gate grashers ruin very beautifully planned classy weddings
first of all anyone that will show up at an event especially a wedding uninvited has absolutely no class
You don't want such people there

Tell your friends ahead of time not to bring any guests and insist on it
If that makes them not to show up,you won't miss them at all,the crowd of 299 is enough.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2012
some-girl:

how will you know when people are seated who's invited and who isn't?

That is the point Ma. i need to make sure they don't seat.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
zinfly:

Do you have a list of your invited guests and their phone numbers
Have you sent out invitations yet
How many invitation cards did you send out including the ones distributed by family members on your behalf

Let me give you tips
I hope you are just starting the planning now so I can suggest what you can do
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Kirinwa: 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
The uninvited guests are the well wishers. wink
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by somegirl1: 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
zinfly:

And they shouldn't.
Some people like intimate ceremonies and that should be respected.
I once was invited to a party by a guest of a guest....
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by victord1st: 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
so its now uncivilized for invited guest to come with their spouses.wouldn't attend any wedding if my wife isnt in town talk less of when she cant come because she isnt invited.
@poster,are uplanning ur wedding for only 300 bachelors that cant even come with their fiance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido, Tiwa Savage To Perform In Africa’s Largest E-concert / Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? / With Love, From Makydebbie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.