Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:26 AM

How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. (23191 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
I need suggestions please. i am getting married soon and would like 300 guest maximum. i have already been advised by a few friends that they will be bringing their friends.

Firstly i find that rude as i understand weddings are meant for close friends and family.

I am considering getting bouncer and security.

Is this acceptable in Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by iamSi(m): 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
zinfly: I need suggestions please. i am getting married soon and would like 300 guest maximum. i have already been advised by a few friends that they will be bringing their friends. Firstly i find that rude as i understand weddings are meant for close friends and family. I am considering getting bouncer and security. Is this acceptable in Nigeria.

We both share the same Minds_ am planning doing the same- I resolved at "STRICTLY-BY-IV" things with a pass like a card inside the IV_
If a guess is coming without the Pass even with the IV there's not going to be an entry thats my plan for you bro

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Emusan(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
Bro dont waste ur money pls.

Very simple, just anounce dat no item 7 gringringringrin

24 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by fittty(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
Why don't you want them there? Or are you broke? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by k2039: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2012
All invited guest must have a wedding pass, those without a pass will be banned at the entrance

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Goldieluks: 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
k2039: All invited guest must have a wedding pass, those without a pass will be banned at the entrance

Kinda harsh, kinda true.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by somegirl1: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
let your guests know their guests aren't welcome and do prepare a guest list and employ people who can check that the names on IVs match those on the guests list.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by valdubem(m): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
when U were carrying ur longer throat up and down peoples wedding and parties, did anybody bounce you? now you want to Chase people away from your own. What is good for Obi should equally be good for Musa.

46 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by somegirl1: 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
val_dubem: when U were carrying ur longer throat up and down peoples wedding and parties, did anybody bounce you? now you want to Chase people away from your own. What is good for Obi should equally be good for Musa.
grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by omega25red(m): 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
fittty: Why don't you want them there? Or are you broke? undecided
Are uyou the person who will pay for his wedding? or are you one of the hungry uninvited wedding crashers undecided

poster i think you should have sent out invitations specifying admittance by invite only. But you know in Nigeria there is no way to stop those hungry mofo's from crashing your event. All you have to do is make sure the people serving food know who your important guests are and as long as those people get served then all the others can suck air if food and drinks run out.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by bennie1980(m): 5:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
Your action is Un-African and will only create enemies for you.

23 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by somegirl1: 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
It's not just about food and drinks.
Some people want an intimate ceremony, family and close friends only.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by kokoye(m): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
- Be polite and tell your invitees not be bring anyone else. Let them know there will be bouncers and labelled tables. But some are still going to bring 'supporters' anyway. It is a 'Nigerian' thing.

- Make sure you have everyone necessary covered. I was once at a wedding where the groom's step-mom was "mistakenly" left out - she went there with her invited daughter..it wasnt pretty.

- Ensure the check points are far away from the wedding area so the noise and cat-fights will not affect your events. And stay away from the check points.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
zinfly: I need suggestions please. i am getting married soon and would like 300 guest maximum. i have already been advised by a few friends that they will be bringing their friends.

Firstly i find that rude as i understand weddings are meant for close friends and family.

I am considering getting bouncer and security.

Is this acceptable in Nigeria.

By all means do
Call those friends and tell them their guests are not invited
Tell everyone invited to come with their invitations
It is high time Nigerians started acting like civilized people.
They can come to the Church service but not welcome at the reception.
If I were to have my wedding today in Nigeria it will be strictly by invitation with names placed on the tables. and an usher will be at the door to check off the names on a list i will provide and another lead you to your seats.
if you don't have your name there ,you go back home
Simple.This is 2012 for heavens sake

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by fittty(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
omega25red: Are uyou the person who will pay for his wedding? or are you one of the hungry uninvited wedding crashers undecided.

Lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Coldfeet(f): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
Possible only if you are having an indoor event where guest must show their IV at the door before being allowed in!

If you take time to pass the strictly by invitation warning ahead of time telling your invited that the card permits JUST one!! You may be lucky.

Good luck with that anyway!!! Cos Personally I don't like going to events alone and their are a lot of people like me out there.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by JeSoul(f): 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
Since you'll be in naija it may be harder but it is possible
-Warn your friends/invitees ahead that it will be invitation only
-Have a complete list of invited guests at the door and enforce it by -
-Hiring several bouncers/name checkers/security for 300 people (thats a lot of people to control)
-make sure you use non-family members/friends who cannot be talked into allowing people whose names are not on the list in

Don't allow roaches and leeches looking for free food & booze to invade one of the most special days in your life. These people are troublemakers and have no stake in making sure your day goes hitch-free and hence more likely to misbehave. Goodluck & congrats.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by kelsonpoint(m): 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
Just announce that ur item 7 is pottage beans, I think that will be enough to reduce both invited and uninvited guests grin

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by sholajohn(f): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
Dts not possible here in naija. Invite or no invite, pple wil still crash ur wedding. I think the only alternative is 2cut off the reception. Do only court or church wedding without reception. Or else OYO bcz some wedding crashers big pass bouncers sef.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Goldieluks: 5:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
JeSoul: Since you'll be in naija it may be harder but it is possible
-Warn your friends/invitees ahead that it will be invitation only
-Have a complete list of invited guests at the door and enforce it by -
-Hiring several bouncers/name checkers/security for 300 people (thats a lot of people to control)
-make sure you use non-family members/friends who cannot be talked into allowing people whose names are not on the list in

Don't allow roaches and leeches looking for free food & booze to invade one of the most special days in your life. These people are troublemakers and have no stake in making sure your day goes hitch-free and hence more likely to misbehave. Goodluck & congrats.

Its funny how you have to address humans as roaches and leeches. Very uncalled for.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
fittty: Why don't you want them there? Or are you broke? undecided

I don't believe it is about being broke but rather about wanting your invited guests only
Weddings are not supposed to be open sports games where anyone can wander in from the streets.
It is a private intimate moment especially in this day of kidnappings and Boko haram.
People print invitations for a reason and they also want a fair head count for planning
I have been to wedding where invited guests could not Find seats and the place is crowded with unknown guests struggling for food and souvenir.Nigerians should learn to respect themselves and not show up to ruin people's occasion .
Nothing is limitless including food ad drinks
If she planned for 300,that is the number she wants and folks ought to respect her wishes.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by JeSoul(f): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
Goldieluks:

Its funny how you have to address humans as roaches and leeches. Very uncalled for.
Okay. What would you call people who gate-crash someone's wedding that they've spent so much money & time invested in? eating all the food and drinking all the wine & causing disorder?

I've seen this happen so often and its so rude & disrespectful & ruins weddings.

A wedding is a sacred occasion, happens once for most people and should be respected. Since those peole don't respect the bride & groom, then I have no respect for them.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by JeSoul(f): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
babyosisi:

I don't believe it is about being broke but rather about wanting your invited guests only
Weddings are not supposed to be open sports games where anyone can wander in from the streets.
It is a private intimate moment especially in this day of kidnappings and Boko haram.
People print invitations for a reason and they also want a fair head count for planning
I have been to wedding where invited guests could not Find seats and the place is crowded with unknown guests struggling for food and souvenir.Nigerians should learn to respect themselves and not show up to ruin people's occasion .
Nothing is limitless including food ad drinks
If she planned for 300,that is the number she wants and folks ought to respect her wishes.
shocked am I seeing this username right?? Osisi? wassup mama? smiley
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
my 300 is a lot of .. sorry bunch of people.. you must have the means and wherewithal (YES I finally used that word grin) why not take the wedding some place they cannot afford to get to.. Bahamas.. cool

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
Its a good move jare,I see no reason why some invitees will still come with friends,as if the host is a father xmas. the RSVP on the IV is to enable the host plan,but not in the case with Nigerian.pls put "strictly by IV" on the IV,its high time we got it right in our way of life.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
JeSoul: shocked am I seeing this username right?? Osisi? wassup mama? smiley

I dey o
It is I my fine sister.How have you been doing
Good to see you are alive and well.Bless you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by alphaconde(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
I don't like what you are planning to do
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by feminineA: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
Whether you like it or not uninvited guests will be at your wedding. So many of this strictly by IV weddings don't work out cause after so much pressure from the bride n groom family you will willingly tell the bouncers to fling open the entrance gate.
However any family member that wants to bring in extra people must make provision for their feeding.its simple: you are looking @ 300 guest right?make provision for 300 people if 200 extra people turn up for the wedding its their luck! The major thing is you guyz are now man n wife
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by rosamaris: 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
Young man if you want to do wedding you do, otherwise you are free to just call the pastor or priest to soleminise then carry your wife home afterwards. Its not compulsory for you to invite people to your wedding. This is Nigeria. Here, we give room for extras in almost everything we do. Nowadays people are only trying to copy the stingy ways of the western world. How do I come to a wedding as an invited guest and glue my bottocks to the seat with nobody to chat with or enjoy the program together. I dont think its fair.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Maxwell86(m): 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
if your wedding is gonna be in FESTAC.... plz invite JTF as bouncers because ur invited guests will not see space to sit down because of UNINVITED GUESTS / TOUTS

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by TonyEben(m): 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
bennie1980: Your action is Un-African and will only create enemies for you.
Its totally UnAfrican...
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by ajasa4link: 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Bros u dey para gan o......the truth is,no matter how hard u try to implement what u are planning,it won't work out.... I've once been to a party where big men and women were in attendance and even k1 played as the musician and a lot of bouncers were used including mopol and soldiers. Even as at that people still gate crashed the event. Just try and plan for the unwanted guests and count it as giving back to the society.... This is africa o....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido, Tiwa Savage To Perform In Africa’s Largest E-concert / Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? / With Love, From Makydebbie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.