Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,571 members, 7,958,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos (16403 Views)

Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest / Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway / Okada-Riders’ Protest New Lagos Traffic-Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by ABUGEORGE(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
baby_123: I think they should be totally banned from Lagos. If they are protesting, they should tell us which law made them an acceptable form of public transportation? They just buy okada, form kangaroo association, get license and put themselves on the road. Abegi! Outright ban is on the way. They should go to Abuja and ask for money or sell the Okada and buy keke napep.. cool
. Pls clap for yourself, do u know why u're clapping for urself is becos u're wicked and inhuman, do u know how many people are surviving throu dat means, govt only know their people but dont care about d poor people. It is well
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Napolitano(m): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
Our government should be a bit sensitivee to citizens. To me okada ban is only appropriate for express roads. Entire Okada ban affects both okada riders and citizens
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
I must say that Nigeria with its level of unemployment opportunity is not yet ripe for okada ban. There are graduates who are riding okada due to no Job, Provide Jobs and you will be able to get them out of the roads peacefully.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
The place to start is Abuja,let the FG unban OKADA to lead the way. A situation where some states and Abuja ban Okada and others do not cannot be fair as this will encourage mass migration and the exportation of unemployment and other social problems to those states that do not ban. In southern Nigeria all the SE states except one and Rivers plus Delta have banned and you expect other states to fold their arms. Some people are just too clever

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by hardbody: 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
Guk:

If you have every been a manager of men and material, you would know that you have to take unpopular but yet, right decisions.

It is only a mad man that will allow a mad man to carry him on Okada on 3rd Maiinland bridge; Ikorodu Road; Apapa Oshodi Expressway and any other dual carraigeway anywhere in the world.

Instead of us protesting for the right things like Light Rail and other means of intra neighbourhood transportation, we are asking for aberration (something that should not have bn there in the 1st place)

I have not really travelled that widely. So we have 3rd mainland bridge, ikorodu road, apapa-oshodi expressway in other parts of the world? Please what countries are those sharing these landmarks with us?
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
Remain small make you funny!Try again
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Desola(f): 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
Yomieluv: I don't want to believe you are A f00l,when has "yomie" been an ibo name.
Am created specially not to share identity with that forsaken,disgusting,mentally deprived tribe called ibo. IMO, stop smoking igbo,its bad for your brain.

Take it easy, he was being mischievously sarcastic.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by trolling(m): 6:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
redcliff: I was indifferent about this okada thing up until today when i was leaving for work and i was on a bike and passing one that just stopped with a little boy of about 4-5years old with a woman with him was shouting heavily like a matured adult. my own bike stopped and tried to look at what the problem was and found out that the little boy's legs were locked between the spokes of the bike and they tried to pull it out and it was quite hard until he adjusted his tires and his leg came out.

From where i was, it seemed like the tendon that holds the ankle with the remainder of the legs was pulled off and it was like his leg was sliced from his ankle and she started crying on the floor asking what she has done wrong.. This same thing happened to my little distant cousin some years back and he was so lucky he was little and the doctor said that he had the young child age advantage that if it was an adult, they would have to cut off his leg cos it cant heal back. I remember my little cousin asking his mum if he was going to die..

Okada Accidents have caused more harm than good in this country. Its so sad i am telling you. they should be totally scrapped. But the question still lingers, what other alternative(s) would suffice. we have come to a point in this country where things have gotten so bad that a reversal would mean disaster.

A friend of mine said its not that our leaders dont know what to do, its just that they are confused. I mean where do they want to start from? Is it road, electricity, Lawlessness? where? Nigeria is totally doomed and i wont feel sorry or apologetic for/to anybody that comes and quotes my post and says i am talking trash.

it's doomed n cursed, hate to say it but thats all i can observe.. like the book says when the wicked are in authority the people mourn
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by youngmonie: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hard decisions, for proGress and development, not everybody can be a winner. Imagine lagos in 10 years if this okada menace aint curbed...............CCCCCHHHHHAAAAOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSS................
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Chynx(m): 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
Nigerians want change; but most of them are not ready to experience the process of change.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Zet72(m): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2012
grin to me okada barn should be a welcome development if every thing barnable is barned like agboro collecting money from commuters, or is that part of mega city, I stand to be corrected
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by banki(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
Zet72: grin to me okada barn should be a welcome development if every thing barnable is barned like agboro collecting money from commuters, or is that part of mega city, I stand to be corrected
Read the traffic laws again it is now a crime for agberos
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by lorddannie: 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
adexkem: I read some of our comments here and i feel very sorry for lagosian. many are bias because you are not directly affected or some close to you. Therefore you support the goverment who fails to do is part and push her responsibility to the public. I live in chicago which i believe is a mega city. Up to date there is a track designed for bicycle , pedestrian not to talk of okada. They are all road user and one or goverment stop them from using the road. What i know is AN INJUST TO 1 IS SHOULD BE DEFEND BY OTHER. But because you are not affected you think is ok. Very soon the goverment will still ask for the demolishation of all face-me and face-you to achieve mega city.
nice post! But you sure say na chicago you dey? Weytin you dey do for there? #this thread has been invaded by okada riders; hope person no go break leg?#
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Ndoz(m): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
Eko oni baje undecided
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
aribisala0: Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise

Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noiseLet all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noiseLet all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noiseLet all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noiseLet all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by segcymoor(m): 11:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
It's a pity
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by yerafag(m): 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
Virgin Finder: Okada doesn't fit a city like Lagos.
Mr Vigin, but Okada fit a city lyk Lagos when Fasola was using them to campaign 4 election?
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by yerafag(m): 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
Virgin Finder: Okada doesn't fit a city like Lagos.
Mr Virgin, but Okada fit a city lyk Lagos when Fasola was using them 4 campaign election?
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by dartsidius7(m): 11:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
adexkem: I read some of our comments here and i feel very sorry for lagosian. many are bias because you are not directly affected or some close to you. Therefore you support the goverment who fails to do is part and push her responsibility to the public. I live in chicago which i believe is a mega city. Up to date there is a track designed for bicycle , pedestrian not to talk of okada. They are all road user and one or goverment stop them from using the road. What i know is AN INJUST TO 1 IS SHOULD BE DEFEND BY OTHER. But because you are not affected you think is ok. Very soon the goverment will still ask for the demolishation of all face-me and face-you to achieve mega city.

You have said that there is a track designed for them in chi town, but here in lasgidi, there is nothing designed for them.

redcliff:

Okada Accidents have caused more harm than good in this country. Its so sad i am telling you. they should be totally scrapped. But the question still lingers, what other alternative(s) would suffice. we have come to a point in this country where things have gotten so bad that a reversal would mean disaster.

A friend of mine said its not that our leaders dont know what to do, its just that they are confused. I mean where do they want to start from? Is it road, electricity, Lawlessness? where? Nigeria is totally doomed and i wont feel sorry or apologetic for/to anybody that comes and quotes my post and says i am talking trash.

Confirm. The country is doomed (fvck who dont like). People are trying to hold on to an illusion of better things to come. Its like a house with a bad foundation. Nothing was properly planned. Just for the government to expand the road and create proper drainage in some areas, they had to destroy people's fences and some kitchens, maybe a few rooms and a couple of palours, which would not be there in the first place, with proper planning. Its not like your computer where you can just press the reset button to fix somethings. I think the bikes should go (fvck whoever does not like my comment).
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by dartsidius7(m): 12:10am On Dec 12, 2012
I was just wondering, if the government should ban touts (agberos) on the streets of lagos, i dont think anyone will come here and talk about the government taking away their source of income. Plus, i think the touts (agberos) should be rounded up and flogged severely....
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 12:21am On Dec 12, 2012
Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noiseLet all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noiseLet all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noiseLet all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noiseLet all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2012
Let all the states in the SE Rivers and Delta as well as Abuja unban. Why must they all come to Lagos. When all those other places banned we did not hear any noise

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 12, 2012
Freiburger: FASHOLA I WANT MY VOTE BACK grin grin grin

Lol that got my attention lmao! Romney I want my vote back
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Lanretoye(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2012
Yomieluv: Fasola! Fasola!! Fasola!!!,how many times did I call u?
Reverse this draconic law,the effect of the ban is telling on Lagosians,I spent 3hours before getting home yesterday,cos I wenT with my car.
Put infrastructure in place I.e alternative means of transport,good roads etc,and okada will go into extinction naturally.
Development is gradual,not spontaneous,

Which other means you want make he provide?,river pass behind your house make he buy canoe for u or wetin?you no see train for oju irin for ikeja along make u go join...
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by teskyg: 7:02am On Dec 12, 2012
I support the ban on Okada but Fashola the know it all Governor should have provided an alternative for the commuters and registered Okada Riders before implementing this laws.I challenge the Federal Govrnment to take a decisive step by decongestion Lagos to redistribute the wealth concentrated in Lagos.The full dredging of River Niger will decongest port activities reducing the population of dependants in Lagos,a fiat political and executive legislation for all Banks,Telecoms,Insurance and Oil company etc to move their head offices to Abuja (with adequate infrastractures in place) will also decongest Lagos.Let's see if we will hear all the choruses of GO BACK TO YoUR VILLAGES been chant by Fashola and his cohourts.
This is achievable and it will reduced a lot of inbalances and evenly redistribute wealth to other Regions.Our Government need to think along this line.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by omiobo: 8:00am On Dec 12, 2012
ztar:
how are on earth can u call them lazy...mr privileged one.....its easy to make comment but try to be reasonable...those people are just trying to survive....

This country is full of hypocrites. We cant move forward with this attitude of surviving on illegal means.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 10:10am On Dec 12, 2012
teskyg: I support the ban on Okada but Fashola the know it all Governor should have provided an alternative for the commuters and registered Okada Riders before implementing this laws.I challenge the Federal Govrnment to take a decisive step by decongestion Lagos to redistribute the wealth concentrated in Lagos.The full dredging of River Niger will decongest port activities reducing the population of dependants in Lagos,a fiat political and executive legislation for all Banks,Telecoms,Insurance and Oil company etc to move their head offices to Abuja (with adequate infrastractures in place) will also decongest Lagos.Let's see if we will hear all the choruses of GO BACK TO YoUR VILLAGES been chant by Fashola and his cohourts.
This is achievable and it will reduced a lot of inbalances and evenly redistribute wealth to other Regions.Our Government need to think along this line.

All those companies did not come to Lagos by fiat political legislation. Companies are businesses and they ALWAYS aim to do what is best for them. Is it government that will tell them what to do.

Why is Abuja not so attractive to these companies.
It is easy to suggest ideas as they occur without thinking them through.

What does dredging of the Niger have to do with Okada Yes the port is congested but how many people living in Lagos have anything to do with the port. There will be more ports built and I guarantee you they will be in Lagos. Most importers do not live in Lagos and many do not live in Nigeria. Dredging the Niger is a solution that will help the SE presumably but there are cheaper more reasonable alternatives like building ports in Rivers,Bayelsa,Akwa Ibom or Ondo.The truth is Lagos has the most economically viable coastline compared to every other state which cannot accommodate large vessels because they are swampy or too far inland like Calabar. What will be the flooding consequences of dredging and can Nigeria cope.
Where the headquarters of a company is is irrelevant to where they make money.It is a common misconception but the oil companies like shell do not pay tax in Lagos. Why should they? Corporate tax accrues to the FG. Businesses pay tax to state governments for their business but this does not apply to oil companies but if it did they would pay in the states where they have their operations.
Their workers that are based in Lagos do but these are a tiny number. The real advantage of Lagos comes from its sandy coastline which is BEST suited to large vessels. All these dredging suggestion is like trying to spite the mouth by saying I will feed through the nose why must food enter through only it or I will put a hole in my stomach to feed. It is possible to do that medically but it is not sensible

If indeed Lagos became so prosperous because it was the capital why is Abuja still a financial liability contributing nothing?
If Lagos is to be decongested by fiat moving bank headquarters is irrelevant. It is okada riders and fake drug sellers and similar misfits who must go.But This will only concentrate the wealth even further. What next fiat to Cadbury and NBL and Guinnesss and Nestle and 7up to leave?

Ivory Coast - Yamasoukro
Canada -Ottawa
South Africa - Pretoria
Brasil - Brasilia
Australia - Canberra
Switzerland-Bern
USA- Washington
India -Delhi
China-Beijing
Look at these countries and their capitals which are not their main economic cities.
Nigeria is not unique in this regard

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Chynx(m): 11:15am On Dec 12, 2012
omiobo:

This country is full of hypocrites. We cant move forward with this attitude of surviving on illegal means.

Spot-on!
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by basadenet: 11:16am On Dec 12, 2012
The guy is right
Maxymilliano: Nice effort by Comrade Biodun Aremu led JAF, the restrictions on Okada movement is too stringent and unpopular IMO.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 11:19am On Dec 12, 2012
The protest is being sponsored by sellers of Okada and okada spare parts.They will surely fail
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 11:21am On Dec 12, 2012
aribisala0: The protest is being sponsored by sellers of Okada and okada spare parts.They will surely fail
You know this how? Btw, do you work for the LSG because you seem very interested in this okada ish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan / This APC Change Is A Terrible Scam / Onnoghen; Lawyers Shun Courts In Akwa Ibom After NBA Directive. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.