Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,011 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos (16323 Views)

Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest / Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway / Okada-Riders’ Protest New Lagos Traffic-Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2012
afam4eva:
You know this how? Btw, do you work for the LSG because you seem very interested in this okada ish.
I don't think I am any more interested than you though I should be it is MY state!! Where are you from? Is Okada legal in YOUR state why are you not fighting for that.
Our government is responding to our wishes as the electorate. Maybe you should encourage YOUR state government to do the same and legalize okada since you love it so much
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by foluks24(f): 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
as if u dont there are over 2million okada riders in lagos
mko abiola: If u lik protest frm now til wen jesus comes.BRF will not change ds draconian law.
But ,hw do dey gather ds multitude for protest.ar dey paid?
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by Lordswillsmith(m): 2:42am On Dec 13, 2012
this one na riot abi na another thing.
Re: PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos by CohenJane: 7:00am On Dec 13, 2012
trainingict: Naija,

The protest is a wastage of time and energy. The people are just dancing on the magnanimity of the traditional people of Lagos and of the region. This comes to mind the issue of national conference and federalism. Most of those behind this protest are from states outside Lagos or the region. Okadas are even banned in some of those states. Mind you, I am being affected greatly by the ban, but that does not becloud my sense of judgement. Laws in a federating state differ from another state in U.S.A. It is either you abide or move out of the state.

I know, it is economic hardship that led many people into this job for survival despite the risk involved. I salute their courage. We are in December, everybody is preparing for Xmas and new year celebration with their kids for those that are married. This period is the worst period for a jobless man. Other people are in festive mood, a jobless family man is in a sorrowful mood.

Having said this, this is a Nigeria problem and not Lagos state problem. The bull should be held by the horn by the Okada riders. Okada was banned in Abuja log time ago. I remembered how the okada riders were treated like animals that time.I was living in Abuja as at that time. People use population of Lagos as a criterion, that is not an excuse. Federal Government does not recognize that population,despite the last census figure which does not even represent the true population of Lagos. The population imposes pressure on Lagos facilities and amenities, yet, the federal government has not increased the number of Local government in Lagos to 44 as it is in Kano thereby increasing local government allocation to Lagos from federation account.

The best place to carry out protest is at the gate of National Assembly in Abuja or Three arms zone area for the politicians to know what poverty has done to Nigerians. When those making policy are in a clean and quiet hotels or accommodation and you are in Lagos adding to the tension on the ground, they are not concerned.

Most of those people in the protest are not fighting for the interest of Lagos, they are only interested in what they get out of Lagos.They are busy lobbying for the creation of more states or more local government for their region or states. They are fighting for increase in derivation or total resource control etc. None of them ever championed Lagos cause.In some states, okadas were banned, nobody has taken their governors to court. They said Lagos is different. What is different about Lagos? [/b]In governors forum, Fashola is like any other governor, and Lagos is a state like any other state. If Amaechi, Okorocha and others can ban okada, Fashola can do the same as well, especially if is for the good of the state. Okada should petition Lagos House of Assembly. They cannot do that because lagos house members are after the good of Lagos. [b]A(ny) minister or anybody in Abuja without Lagos interest may ( or should)come up with federal road theory that was not considered when Okada was banned in Abuja with federal roads.

I like that bolded part

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yobe Governor Shuns Minister Over Al-mustapha Rally / FG Issues Security Alert, Says Boko Haram Plans Abductions For Ransom / Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.