Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,958 members, 7,956,605 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:00 PM

Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola (19132 Views)

Two Brave Yoruba Men Standing Firm In Opposition / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / APC's Tweets Of Obasanjo Blasting Jonathan, Endorses APC At All Levels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by miqos02(m): 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
Akshow: speak for yourself aregbesola.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Man will only appreciate what he has until he finally lost. OBJ, may God continue to increase ur longevity for Nigerians who really appreciate your worth !

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by talk2xp: 8:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sealeddeal: Why are people surprise that Aregbesola said such? Nobody should be surprised afterall Obj just attracted mosque building investment to yoruba land and Aregbesola is a dyed-in-the wool muslim.so,na the thing be dat.

Abeg try get sense now. Even if na common sense, beg for it.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by miqos02(m): 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
let any supporter of his list any of his achievements in ogun state, the south west region and nigeria as a whole

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by ZeusI: 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
It's unfortunate to Yorubas that his father is of Igbo royalty.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by miqos02(m): 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
hotwax:

One funny thing is: as corrupt as obasanjo was, he erased and paid off our foreign debt. Dobode Jonathan came and started burrowing loans. Remember, Obasanjo cleared the debth while servicing oil subsidy.
Jonathan came, removed oil subsidy yet our debth still keeps increasing. What is wrong with Jonathan?
They have record A̶̲̥̅​ record breaking looting in the history of nigeria under Jonathan administration. 5 trillion is missing in only one single term. What if the guy get second term, Nigeria will be bankrupt.

Whether you like it or not, Obasanjo is still the best civilian president so far. He is not the best in the world. But compared to his predecessors. The gap is wide.

I would have tipped Yaradua, cuz he was promising, but he didn't last.

I was part of those that hate OBJ when he was there. But now, I wish he was back.
oga,if he had used that money to build new refineries for nigeria,i bet you nigeria will be better than dubai ten times

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by miqos02(m): 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
ikooko:

You're contradicting yourself out of hatred for OBJ. If OBJ is foolish, he wount be president twice. Besides if not for OBJ, your faith in this country will still be subjected to northern oligachy.
Leave hatred and tell us who among our past presidents is more internationally recognised/acceptable/relevant more than OBJ?
shebi international recognition na food for table,infrastructure for cities and villages? i shake my head

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Gbenge77(m): 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
Speak for yourself,Mr governor.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by miqos02(m): 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
jaymichael: na Wetin obasanjo collect from your hands. that man i a very intelligent man, that is for a fact as his actions and deeds speaks for him. Do not be a bigot speak from facts and not just sentiments lacking in merit and substance.
bro pls list his actions and deeds that speak for him. i beg u in the name of jesus

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
What a shame
A man that ruled a nation for more than a decade and has nothing but failure to show for it
Obasanjo wanted to change our constitution to rule a third term and steal some more
Obasanjo crippled our telephone system
Obasanjo destroyed our national airways
Obasanjo looted our treasury and built a university and a farm and amassed wealth untold
As a soldier Obasanjo massacred innocent civilians
As a ruler he ordered the massacre of innocent civilians too
He left Nigeria worse than he met it
He left us no roads,no running water,no electricity,no jobs
Lootocracy was introduced by IBB and perfected by OBJ
In his tenure many disappeared and died
Morally the man is a Dog and a pig rolled into one
He elevated his mistresses and children into positions of authority
He slept with family members
He is shameless and classless.
Fingers still point at him for being in the know about what befell Bola Ige
What is there to be proud about such a fellow just because he is your tribesman?
The ugliest man in Nigeria gburu gburu
Nigeria is indeed full of jokers
A man who kept no promises
Got into the presidency as a deal to pacify folks for the murder of Abiola,he worked another deal and left us with an invalid called that almost threw the nation into chaos
The master of all con men
Failed as a ruler
Failed as a family man
Corruption personified
What is there to be proud of
I am ashamed such a man ever ruled a country I call home

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by miqos02(m): 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
mekaboy: CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY IBETO CEMENT WAS STOPPED FOR DANGOTE? CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT STOPPED THE DREDGING OF RIVER NIGER ?
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by miqos02(m): 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
henrysam:
You are one of the people that is making wat was termed as a curse in yoruba land to have its hold. Why do u av to linger on the past. Many individual in this country Nigeria hav done worst more than obj but u will never see his people castigating them. I pity ur race
shocked....shocked
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by EzePromoe: 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
Proud of what? The power he gave to you during his tenure? Or the good road networks? Or is it the quality education? Please mention one thing we should be proud of.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by omowolewa: 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
huptin: I am proud of Olusegun Aremu Matthew Okikiola Obasanjo, The general who ended the nigerian civil war, The first african to willingly hand over power to a civilian government, a member of the United nations five eminent personalities,the only president that has sucessfully hosted three american presidents( Jimmy Carter, Bill clinton and George Bush)The only man who took nigeria from a pariah nation to the beautiful bride of the world, the man who put a stop to millitary coups in nigeria, the man who paid all our debts while leaving behind a huge amount of money in reserve. Now can some one tell me why i should not be proud of this great african man. The man openly commended by the great nelson Mandela, Bill clinton has two african friends baba and Mandela, during his tenure he saw to the end of all armed conflicts in the region save Darfur and congo, Ebora owu, the man who speaks and the nation trembles, he destroyed the seemingly undefeatable northern mafia, Babangida revers him, Atiku fears him, Yar adua defied him at his own peril, sani Abacha could not finish him, he willingly came back from Germany into Abacha's gulag and escaped unhurt.

Baba o, igba odun, odun kan ni o, e pe laye, e fi erigi jobi...........Olusegun Aremu omo Obasanjo........ ke te ile yi pe ooo. am so proud of you.The general of generals.

Is Obasanjo on Nairaland?
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Shenez: 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
Messi for ballon dor!
Obj for Mr. World (peagent)
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Shenez: 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
Please mention one thing we should be proud of.[/color][/quote] steadily light in my dream.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nairalandisdead: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2012
<html>
<body>
<p><bold> Complete nonsense </bold> </p>
</body>
</html?
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by drnoel: 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
OK,...so we 4get the evils, the ugly and the failed promises just so we can swallow a baracuda with very large bones, sorry its not me and u. Our Yoruba brothers tell us ur mind, tell us where u people stand..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Akiika: 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
If any Nigerian is proud of OBJ, then Nigeria is finished. OBJ has the best opportunity to start the redemption of Nigeria but greed, ego, power e.t.c wouldn't let him. He has no better record than the likes of IBB, Abacha, AbdulSalami, e.t.c all of these guys stole our money big time. You tribalist can go ahead and defend him. I am Yoruba and i won't share your senseless sentiment. Nemesis will soon catch up with all of them...including the self styled Awoist, Rauf Aregbesola.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by freshdude: 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
we love celebrating mediocrity in this country angry..obasanjo had the power to step on toes, he had the power to fix nigeria, but he choose using it to enrich himself and his family. GEJ dont have the kind of power obasanjo had.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
Obasanjo's immediate family and his Owu kindred are not proud of him. That is clearly visible in the 1999 general election when they voted for Olu falae instead of their son.

Ogun people are ashame of him, Hausas call him slow poison. Igbos are yet to forget the role he played during the civil war in 1967 to 1970.

Fulanis avoid him like a leper, Ogonis, Ijaws and Itshekiris had not forgotten udi massacre. The Tivs, Idomas, Igedes, Bini, shuwa, birom and the other 341 tribes in Nigeria believed that he is a man that says another thing and means another thing.

Can a wise yeruba man explain to me in a sentence what this Aregbesola guy is talking about ?

Should the Yeruba race (a tribe i respect so much), be proud of Obasanjo because our judicial system is dead. Or because he travelled to Osun state to unveil the statue of a man that is widely suspected in some quarters that he has a hand in his death.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by aribisala0(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
He did not TRAVEL to Osun State.He STORMED Osun State!
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
ochukwuma15: Obasanjo's immediate family and his Owu kindred are not proud of him. That is clearly visible in the 1999 general election when they voted for Olu falae instead of their son.

Ogun people are ashame of him, Hausas call him slow poison. Igbos are yet to forget the role he played during the civil war in 1967 to 1970.

Fulanis avoid him like a leper, Ogonis, Ijaws and Itshekiris had not forgotten udi massacre. The Tivs, Idomas, Igedes, Bini, shuwa, birom and the other 341 tribes in Nigeria believed that he is a man that says another thing and means another thing.

Can a wise yeruba man explain to me in a sentence what this Aregbesola guy is talking about ?

Should the Yeruba race (a tribe i respect so much), be proud of Obasanjo because our judicial system is dead. Or because he travelled to Osun state to unveil the statue of a man that is widely suspected in some quarters that he has a hand in his death.

...............Chuks writes from Enugu, Nigeria.

If Nigeria was half way decent the man should have never seen freedom but would have died in prison,a wretched pauper which was his state prior to 1999 but as the token president to pacify the SW,he was raised from the dead only to loot again with impunity this time.
He looted and the more he stole,the uglier he got
Shame on him and anyone who considers him someone to be proud of
A man his own son is ashamed of
Go figure

OBJ and daughters
Mmanwu Ndi Ota
The ugliest father and daughter duo one ever saw upon all the wealth
The more they stole,the more wor wor they became
Nature has already paid them for their wickedness in the land

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by TableLeg(m): 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
donroxy:

hmmm,

and the resultant effect is on U.....SMH
Who is this vagabond?
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by aribisala0(m): 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
Someone sounds very bitter. Nothing a fat prick won't solve.Go get some for you and your mummy
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by ikooko(m): 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
Toaskarity:

international what ! who recognise obj apart from fellow criminal in west africa and his tribe he came from ! why not show prove!! even the goodluck y'll hate i swear is more recognise than him! I hate when ppl give someone title he is not and will never deserve! obj is a pus......sy and if not for the fact that nigerians went to school and stood against him, he would rule this country and transfer the leadership to his son until nigeria collapse! also if the senate president as of his time were from his tribe, i swear he would have get what he want! Olusegun Obasanjo is a MONKEY recognise only by criminals

Immediately I sighted the word 'tribe'from your statement, I understand your position but I don't blame you.I just hope you become redeemable.
Please point to your tribemen that has achieved what OBJ achieved for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Memphis357(m): 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
doppler777:
Obj was very frequent to the "WHITE HOUSE" unannounced,during George Bush Regime & Bush was calling him "segou".
Hmmmmmmm!!!!! Cos na U serve am tea abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring -obasanjo To Nigerian Youths / "Peter Obi Betrayed Ojukwu" - Bianca Ojukwu / Mohammed Bello Adoke: Tinubu’s Close Ally Engineered His CCT Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.