Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (95340 Views)

Black girl says Somalis & Ethiopians Are Beautiful Because Of their Features / The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians / Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 3:12am On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Wah, my Tigrinya people? tongue But yes, those I know personally I can vouch for, and do love.

Don't mind me. I have had this hunch for a long time. grin

The ones from Eritrea(mostly the Jeberti) are usually friendlier than the Ethiopian Tigrayans.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 24, 2014
axum:

I miss you. smiley

In what capacity? You miss insulting my land, birth, and origin or hooyoday macaan?

You can go eat sand, ya uncharacteristically large piece of shyt grin

3 Likes

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

The ones from Eritrea(mostly the Jeberti) are usually friendlier than the Ethiopian Tigrayans.

But wait, I don't get it. So you think I'm Eritrean, or from Tigrai
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 3:20am On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

But wait, I don't get it. So you think I'm Eritrean, or from Tigrai?

LOL no but you might become one in the future (the best I can do to insinuate what I really mean, don't take offence). grin
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

LOL no but you might become one in the future (the best I can do to insinuate what I really mean, don't take offence). grin

Too late. I have taken offense.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 3:35am On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Too late. I have taken offense.

*facepalm* Ok raali noqo, I see you won't become one in the future either.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

*facepalm* Ok raali noqo, I see you won't become one in the future either.

Lolll, wth tho? Ha 'noqonin' [in the future]? Smh, I am disappointed in you bro undecided
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 4:04am On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lolll, wth tho? Ha 'noqonin' [in the future]? Smh, I am disappointed in you bro undecided

I didn't say ha noqonin. I just didn't know how to say it in a way that it would only make sense to you (hence why I said don't get offended). Smh I'm not even sure you understand what I'm saying. undecided
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

I didn't say ha noqonin. I just didn't know how to say it in a way that it would only make sense to you (hence why I said don't get offended). Smh I'm not even sure you understand what I'm saying. undecided

I understood you. I just didn't get why you put that way, and I didn't like it - noqoshada, I mean. Not only impossible but offensive in my opinion, but it's okay. I get it now. Eileyn code aa ku hadlaysay lol.

The 'don't take offense' part blended in perfectly with what I perceived at the time, so that didn't help matters. My bad.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 4:39am On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I understood you. I just didn't get why you put that way, and I didn't like it - noqoshada, I mean. Not only impossible but offensive in my opinion, but it's okay. I get it now. Eileyn code aa ku hadlaysay lol.

The 'don't take offense' part blended in perfectly with what I perceived at the time, so that didn't help matters. My bad.

Yes, af carabi baa ku hadlaayey lol not only that but my written English does have it's limits and eywaa waa ifahamtey phewh*

So am wrong then? tongue
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

Yes, af carabi baa ku hadlaayey lol not only that but my written English does have it's limits and eywaa waa ifahamtey phewh*

So am wrong then? tongue

Af carabi hada ku hadlooysid, then it's now technically Egyptian carabi with that 'eywaa' lol.

I still don't like your 'euphemism', but you're not 'wrong' either if that answers it.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 10:13am On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Af carabi hada ku hadlooysid, then it's now technically Egyptian carabi with that 'eywaa' lol.

I still don't like your 'euphemism', but you're not 'wrong' either if that answers it.

Lol ok point taken. smiley
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

Lol ok point taken. smiley

I'm not sure what point you took, but ok bro smiley
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I'm not sure what point you took, but ok bro smiley

Yaabka, the point taken was that you didn't like the way phrased the question.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

Yaabka, the point taken was that you didn't like the way phrased the question.

Loll@yaabka. I can't read your mind, ya know.

Point taken wink

1 Like

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Loll@yaabka. I can't read your mind, ya know.

Point taken wink

Yaab kale tongue

1 Like

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

Yaab kale tongue

Err, you know it's not healthy to be in a state of perpetual surprise right? wink

* I just fl'd you. I had I no idea I wasn't already...

1 Like

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 11:16am On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Err, you know it's not healthy to be in a state of perpetual surprise right? wink

* I just fl'd you. I had I no idea I wasn't already...

According to which scientific study bal tongue

No problemo.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

According to which scientific study bal tongue

No problemo.

Its called the scientific study of Yaabka Dhibkisa by yours truly. Though if I'm honest, it was really more of a dissertation as opposed to a full-blown scientific study (ain't nobody got fo' that).

You would do well to take my advice into stride. As always, I def know what I'm talking about smiley
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Its called the scientific study of Yaabka Dhibkisa by yours truly. Though if I'm honest, it was really more of a dissertation as opposed to a full-blown scientific study (ain't nobody got fo' that).

You would do well to take my advice into stride. As always, I def know what I'm talking about smiley

LOL that reminded me of a book I spotted at at relative's house in Galkacyo. It's title was Qaadka dhibkiisa, hardly relevant here but title just seemed familiar. tongue
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
ArtanK:

LOL that reminded me of a book I spotted at at relative's house in Galkacyo. It's title was Qaadka dhibkiisa, hardly relevant here but title just seemed familiar. tongue

Smh now that one there's a right plague. They haven't as yet figured out how to either manage the flight or stop flying, and it's disconcerting.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Smh now that one there's a right plague. They haven't as yet figured out how to either manage the flight or stop flying, and it's disconcerting.

Those morons don't even grow their own. They import all of it, you'd think that by now someone would think logically. undecided
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 25, 2014
ArtanK:

Those morons don't even grow their own. They import all of it, you'd think that by now someone would think logically. undecided

Or business-mindedly loll.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 12:20am On Oct 25, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Or business-mindedly loll.

Well it is a lucrative business in HOA lol
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 25, 2014
ArtanK:

Well it is a lucrative business in HOA lol

It's just super unappealing tho. I cringe.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 12:53am On Oct 25, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

It's just super unappealing tho. I cringe.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. tongue
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 25, 2014
ArtanK:

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. tongue

Aw hell no tongue

1 Like

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by MerhawiZG: 6:23am On Oct 25, 2014
sgzewdie:

Actually, different sections of Somalia were colonized by Egypt (for 5 years), half and half by Italy and England for a long time, hack even Ethiopia participated in the process. How do you think we ended up with our section of part of your previous country (Somali region)? Although we didn't take them as slaves like other white people and even Arabs did, but as a part of OUR free people. So by definition, for the most part, Somalians were enslaved!
And the idea that you "had slaves that you called black" weather it is true or not is not something you should be proud of but rather be ashamed of for the wicked doing of your people, as same was done to them. No human being should live in bondage and that is everything we Ethiopians stand for. So rarely or in a small scale did slavery happen in Ethiopia. Read your history carefully, that is why your religion that you value so much lives to exist today, because we were the only nation that accepted Arab Muslims and gave them EQUAL shelter while they were being killed ever where else, including there own countries because they were different. But they were more different than us, we were a BLACK CHRISTIAN country and they were ARAB MUSLIMS and we still gave them EQUAL RIGHTS.
Also, you may feel that you relate to an Arab Muslim based on your religion and culture but we are speaking of race and not culture here. They may respect and identify with you as a Muslim but when it comes to your race they still view you as you are, A BLACK PERSON.

I respect the fact that you have pride in your ethnicity and heritage but PLEASE get your facts and mind set straight.

typical ethiopian pulling facts out of his azzz HAHA my somali brother ArtanK gave you a good lesson

don't talk shit about somalia or eritrea ok you have no business there stick to gojam!

3 Likes

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by MerhawiZG: 6:26am On Oct 25, 2014
eritrea and somalia are brothers
somalia helped eritrea when we are fighting for independence
smelly ethiopians always want to make war with eritrea and somalia

3 Likes

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by MerhawiZG: 3:57am On Oct 26, 2014
ArtanK:

are you somali darod jeberti?
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by ArtanK(m): 3:59am On Oct 26, 2014
MerhawiZG:

are you somali darod jeberti?

How do you know about Darod? And yes I am from that clan.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by MerhawiZG: 4:04am On Oct 26, 2014
ArtanK:

How do you know about Darod? And yes I am from that clan.

brother i know many somali tribe like hawiya isa isaak ogaden

darod jeberti from somalia and jeberti from eritrea are same people

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.