Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (95503 Views)

Black girl says Somalis & Ethiopians Are Beautiful Because Of their Features / The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians / Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by morpheus24: 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
somalia9: cushitic language is afro asiatic and its root is he res and arab which are the oldest afro asiatic languaes.

Hausa is a Afro Asiatic language. Are Hausa bantu speakers?

somalia9:
I never once said i was arab and never will. Arab is a culture and i never claim it
but you share 54% DNA with them, how can you not be part Arab then?

Many tribes in South African share so called "negroid" DNA with so called "capoid" DNA. They also adopted linguistic click sounds from Khosain speakers mixed with Bantu languages. Using your own logic, Why are they still considered "negro" or even bantu for that matter? Are they not hybrid negros like yourself?

somalia9:
No one is pure. so everyone has negro. even some west africans have 1 percent asian on them.

except of course Pure negroids

somalia9:

Somalis and Ethiopians are a diffrent people than negroids

Yoruba "negroid" are a different people from Khoisan "capoids" who are different people from "pseudo caca-soid" Somali. I don't know what that is supposed to inform anyone about?"

Aren't they still all African derived peoples?
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
I rep somalia and somali

you can be somali and arab, arab is a culture

but somalis like to be called somali, cause sayin we arab undermines our culture
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Sealeddeal(m): 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
I thought Somalia is a worthless place.Everything i know about Somalia is 'horror'.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
^ Hiv aids is all i kno about negroids

1 Like

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by morpheus24: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
somalia9: I rep somalia and somali

you can be somali and arab, arab is a culture

but somalis like to be called somali, cause sayin we arab undermines our culture

Arab is also a language and a "race" depending on who's examining the information so you can't be somali cushitic on one hand and arab on the other. You however can be an ARABIZED Somali because that culture is dominant over yours.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
morpheus24:

Arab is also a language and a "race" depending on who's examining the information so you can't be somali cushitic on one hand and arab on the other. You however can be an ARABIZED Somali because that culture is dominant over yours.

Their isn't one arab culture. And arab as defined in the arab league is someone who speaks arabic thus the reason in somalia our second language is arabic.

Somalia has more in common culturally with Yemen than Yemen has with morrocco. Its about culture and proximity not all muslim countries have the same culture. In yemen they chew khat like in Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea. Khat is unheard of in saudi arabia and Iraq and other far away arab countries.

You should stop with your obsession. You cant know more about my culture than I do. What a mooron you must be clinching to every non negroid in this world. You will always be a slave.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by morpheus24: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
somalia9:

Their isn't one arab culture. And arab as defined in the arab league is someone who speaks arabic thus the reason in somalia our second language is arabic.

Somalia has more in common culturally with Yemen than Yemen has with morrocco. Its about culture and proximity not all muslim countries have the same culture. In yemen they chew khat like in Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea. Khat is unheard of in saudi arabia and Iraq and other far away arab countries.

You should stop with your obsession. You cant know more about my culture than I do. What a mooron you must be clinching to every non negroid in this world. You will always be a slave.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!... Please stop before you make me fall off my seat.

Somali's like Anyale456 will always be "Arab wannabes"
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Eri8: 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
@somalia9- look man I said it, and now another person came on here and said he has met many Eritreans and Ethiopians and they all considered themselves as black. So can you stop grouping us with your views. I respect that you view your self as a Somali and as that being its own ethnicity, but I think the Somali ethnicity is under the black race. The word race is more of a broader term.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 12:30am On Jan 04, 2013
^ no such thing as race

ur not a real eritrean i can tell

eritreans hate blacks
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Eri8: 12:40am On Jan 04, 2013
First of all don't ever don't ever tell me I'm not eritrean. Why would I lie about where my ancestors come from? And Eritreans do not hate blacks. I know of some Eritreans and Ethiopians that are born in Africa and migrate to America and have a problem with african Americans because of values and culture. But we do not hate blacks. We can't do that because that is called self hate which know one should be doing.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 12:47am On Jan 04, 2013
Eri8: First of all don't ever don't ever tell me I'm not eritrean. Why would I lie about where my ancestors come from? And Eritreans do not hate blacks. I know of some Eritreans and Ethiopians that are born in Africa and migrate to America and have a problem with african Americans because of values and culture. But we do not hate blacks. We can't do that because that is called self hate which know one should be doing.

Well dear slave of amahar and Tigrey u sound like a jamaican Troll named Kails

everyone here knows that Eritreans/Ethiopians look down on blacks

Its natural to look down on them since they look up to u. They are ugly monkeys and look scary if ur not accostomed to their wild features
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 04, 2013
Antivirus92: This somali dude on nairaland has been using too many derogatory words for africans(blacks). Words like black, ugly etc are his favourites. He tries very much to distance himself and his people from the word "black". So i want to know, what do they consider themselves as over there?

Horners are genetically distant from Europeans.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Eri8: 2:14am On Jan 04, 2013
Can you stop talking shit about others. Calling me a slave of Ethiopians and others ugly because of physical appearance does what to your self esteem? Everybody sees Somalia as another black African country. Stop making things personal because theirs a lot of shit that Somalia can not brag about. So please stop about the personal attacks.

1 Like

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Eri8: 2:17am On Jan 04, 2013
*poo- shit...sorry for the typos
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by loveafrica: 2:18am On Jan 04, 2013
somalia9:

Well dear slave of amahar and Tigrey u sound like a jamaican Troll named Kails

everyone here knows that Eritreans/Ethiopians look down on blacks

Its natural to look down on them since they look up to u. They are ugly monkeys and look scary if ur not accostomed to their wild features

I did not know Eritrea was a country
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Eri8: 2:41am On Jan 04, 2013
Was that question sarcasm or not? If it was a real question then yes it is a country.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 2:41am On Jan 04, 2013
loveafrica:

and we thought u were not humans
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Blyss: 2:42am On Jan 04, 2013
loveafrica:

Humm, I see you China men are just as bad as Americans in geography.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 3:43am On Jan 04, 2013
Blyss:

Humm, I see you China men are just as bad as Americans in geography.

wars are god's way of teaching Americans Geography. cheesy
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 04, 2013
morpheus24:

Yoruba "negroid" are a different people from Khoisan "capoids" who are different people from "pseudo caca-soid" Somali. I don't know what that is supposed to inform anyone about?"

Aren't they still all African derived peoples?

This almost as silly as saying...

Russians are a different people from Mongols...who are a different people from Persians.....Who are a different people from Southern Indians....

Aren't they still all Asian Derived Peoples?

@Thread

On One Hand, we want to celebrate "African" Diversity, when it suits our agenda, on the Next Hand, we want to Cluster all "Africans" Together as if that diversity never existed......Of Course this is only done to suit a Biased Afrocentric Agenda when trying to claim Historical Achievements Achieved by those Individual "African" Sub Groups that have been born from Mixed Blood Lineages.

There is no such thing as Race, anyone who subscribes to it...is being played like a Pawn in the Game of Chess.

However...

As a Respected Atheist on Many Other Boards Across the web...i want to take this time to post a hilarious Wikipedia excerpt from the Hamitic Wikipedia Page.

Say what you want about the "terminology" used and the political correctness of each words usage.

However as an Atheist it sure is hard for me to counter the Religious Angle of These Predictions of these "Storied" Racial Classifications

Hamitic race
Curse of Ham
Further information: Curse of Ham

The term Hamitic originally referred to the peoples believed to have been descended from the biblical Ham, one of the Sons of Noah. When Ham dishonors his father, Noah pronounces a curse on him, stating that the descendents of his son Canaan will be "servants of servants". Of Ham's four sons, Canaan fathered the Canaanites, while Mizraim fathered the Egyptians, Cush the Cushites, and Phut the Libyans.[1]

During the Middle Ages, this was interpreted to define Ham as the ancestor of all Africans. The curse was regularly interpreted as having created visible racial characteristics in Ham's offspring, notably black skin. According to Edith Sanders, the sixth-century Babylonian Talmud states that "the descendants of Ham are cursed by being Black and depicts Ham as a sinful man and his progeny as degenerates."[2] Both Arab and later European and American slave traders used this story to justify African slavery.[2][3]

In fact, the Bible restricts the curse to the offspring of Ham's son Canaan, who occupied the Levant, not to his other sons who are supposed to have populated Africa. According to Edith Sanders, this restriction was increasingly emphasised by 18th century theologians, who rejected the curse as a justification for slavery.[2]
Hamitic hypothesis
Oromo leader Balcha Aba Nefso. John Hanning Speke believed that central African "barbaric civilizations" had been founded by North African Hamites from the Oromo people of Ethiopia.

Many versions of this perspective on African history have been proposed, and applied to different parts of the continent. The essays below focus on the development of these ideas regarding the peoples of east and southeast Africa, but "Hamitic hypotheses" operated in West Africa as well (and they changed greatly over time). For examples from Nigeria, see this source:[4]

In the mid 19th century, the term Hamitic acquired a new meaning as European writers claimed to identify a distinct "Hamitic race" that was superior to "Negroid" populations of Sub-Saharan Africa. The theory arose from early anthropological writers who linked the stories in the Bible of Ham's sons to actual ancient migrations of a supposed Middle-Eastern sub-group of the Caucasian race.[2] The theory that this group migrated further south was introduced by British explorer John Hanning Speke, in his publications on his search for the source of the Nile.[2] Speke believed that his explorations uncovered the link between "civilized" North Africa and "barbaric" central Africa. Describing the Ugandan Kingdom of Buganda, he argued its "barbaric civilization" had arisen from a nomadic pastoralist race which migrated from the north and was related to the Hamitic Oromo people of Ethiopia (known as the "Galla" to Speke).[2] In a section of his book entitled "Theory of Conquest of Inferior by Superior Races", Speke wrote:

"It appears impossible to believe, judging from the physical appearance of the Wahuma [Tutsi], that they can be of any other race than the semi-Shem-Hamitic of Ethiopia... Most people appear to regard the Abyssinians as a different race from the Gallas, but, I believe, without foundation. Both alike are Christians of the greatest antiquity.... [They] fought in the Somali country, subjugated that land, were defeated to a certain extent by the Arabs from the opposite continent, and tried their hands south as far as the Jub river, where they also left many of their numbers behind. Again they attacked Omwita (the present Mombas), were repulsed, were lost sight of in the interior of the continent, and, crossing the Nile close to its source, discovered the rich pasture-lands of Unyoro, and founded the great kingdom of Kittara, where they lost their religion, forgot their language, extracted their lower incisors like the natives, changed their national name to Wahuma, and no longer remembered the names of Hubshi or Galla--though even the present reigning kings retain a singular traditional account of their having once been half white and half black, with hair on the white side straight, and on the black side frizzly."[5]

These ideas provided the basis for asserting that the Tutsi were superior to the Hutu. In spite of both groups being Bantu-speaking, the Tutsi were classed as "Hamitic" on grounds of their being deemed to be more Caucasoid in their facial features. Later writers followed Speke in arguing that they had originally migrated as pastoralists and had established themselves as the dominant group, having lost their language as they assimilated to Bantu culture.[6]
Sergi

Later scholars expanded on these ideas, the most influential was the Italian race theorist Giuseppe Sergi. In his book The Mediterranean Race (1901) Sergi argued that there was a distinct Hamitic racial group which could be divided into two sub-groups: The northern Hamites, which comprised Berbers, Toubou, Fulani and the Guanches; the Eastern branch, which comprised Egyptians, Nubians, Ethiopians, Oromo, Somali, and Tutsis.[7] Some of these groups had "lost their language" and so had to be identified by physical characteristics. In Sergi's theory, the Mediterraneans were the "greatest race in the world", and had expanded north and south from the Horn of Africa, creating superior civilizations.[2][8] Sergi described the original European peoples as "Eurafricans". The ancient Greeks and Italians were born from "Afro-Mediterraneans" who migrated from western Asia and had originally spoken a Hamitic language before the advent of Indo-European languages.[8]

There are a few errors in this short extraction, that many people familiar with both the Bible and Genetics can spot very easily.

However the differentiation and it's criteria are on Par.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 3:53am On Jan 04, 2013
There is no such thing as Race....From a Scientific Extraction point of View.

Race is a Social and Political Construct&Creation....Always Has, Always Will be.

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 04, 2013
Negro-Hamites
A group of Maasai women. C.G. Seligman believed that ethnic groups such as the Maasai and the Tutsi, traditionally considered Negro, were of partly Hamitic descent ("Negro-Hamitic" ) mainly based on their cattle-raising lifestyle and comparatively more keen facial features than those of other neighboring Sub-Saharan tribes.

Seligman and other early scholars also believed that invading Hamites from North Africa and the Horn of Africa had mixed with local Negro women in East Africa and parts of Central Africa to produce several hybrid "Negro-Hamitic " populations such as the Tutsi and the Maasai:

"At first the Hamites, or at least their aristocracy, would endeavour to marry Hamitic women, but it cannot have been long before a series of peoples combining Negro and Hamitic blood arose; these, superior to the pure Negro, would be regarded as inferior to the next incoming wave of Hamites and be pushed further inland to play the part of an incoming aristocracy vis-a-vis the Negroes on whom they impinged... The end result of one series of such combinations is to be seen in the Masai [sic], the other in the Baganda, while an even more striking result is offered by the symbiosis of the Bahima of Ankole and the Bahera [sic]."[10]

While some scholars accepted the idea of Sub-Saharan tribes like the Tutsi and the Maasai being Negro-Hamites, others such as John Walter Gregory emphasized that the putative Hamitic element in these peoples was at best minimal and consequently assigned them to a sub-group within the Negro race (where they had historically been classified). Citing the considerable physical disparity between the ethnic groups traditionally considered Hamites and the aforementioned "Negro-Hamites", Gregory wrote:

"By some authorities the Masai are included in the Hamitic group, but we have only to compare the features of a member of this tribe with those of a Galla... to realise the predominance of the negro element in the former. The aspect of the pure Hamite differs altogether from those of the Bantu and Negroid races. The... portrait of a Galla presents no correspondence with the conception usually formed of an African native. The forehead is high and square instead of low and receding; the nose is narrow, with the nostrils straight and not transverse; the chin is small and slightly pointed instead of massive and protruding; the hair is long and not woolly; the lips are thinner than those of the negro and not everted; the expression is intellectual, and indicates a type of mind higher than that of the simple negro. Indeed, except for the colour, it could hardly be distinguished from the face of a European. These characteristics prepare us for the fact that the Galla are not African, but immigrants from Asia."[11]

....lol
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 4:28am On Jan 04, 2013
^ royal why does morpheus and Kails and others go around saying ethiopians and somalis are the same as them(negroid)?

Whats wrong with ur people? Its kinda sad wallahi.

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by loveafrica: 4:50am On Jan 04, 2013
somalia9: ^ royal why does morpheus and Kails and others go around saying ethiopians and somalis are the same as them(negroid)?

ugly sorry
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Blyss: 5:08am On Jan 04, 2013
loveafrica:

ugly sorry

Funny, she looks like kellita smith from the Berni Mac Show.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/935613_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 5:18am On Jan 04, 2013
only the somali girl has real hair and is from ancient people

the black girl has more testastrone she looks more manly like most negroid women

while somali girl looks feminent

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 04, 2013
somalia9: ^ royal why does morpheus and Kails and others go around saying ethiopians and somalis are the same as them(negroid)?

Blacks outside of the African Continent are taught this Afrocentric Fallacy Fairytale that the word African is Synonymous with Black African/Negroid

This is the reason why Blacks outside of Africa spit this crazy talk about how "All Africans are Black Africans"

When the truth is, it is probably the most genetically mixed continent in the world excluding both Americas for obvious reasons.

I can only speak from an Enlightened Self Confident Black Male's point of view who does not seek the forced conversions of "Mixed" African groups as a means of claiming other cultures.

I am a Realist, and not one who seeks to corrupt history and science to suit my own personal "Africa Equals Black" Agenda that Many Delusional Afrocentric people subscribe to as a Means of Empowering a Low Self Esteem

"Blacks" sole purpose in claiming anything and everything "African" as "Black" in modern day in nothing more than an attempt to distort history and claim other peoples achievement and genetics.

In other words, Black Negro History is far too boring and simplistic so we need to borrow from our "mut" slash "mixed" races closer to the all world inventing Arabs to make our own history relevant.

Look at some of the Greatest West African Empires, and you will find Islam.

Look at some of the Greatest African Conquerors of Europe....you will find Islam.

Yet, A Black Afrocentric will want you to foolishly believe Muhammad was brought to Africa "Magically" with no genetic influence of Arab Middle Eastern Conquer.

Not only does it stop there...they will also want you to believe that not only did Blacks Adopt Islam...but they also were the "lead rulers" of Islamic Indoctrinated "African" Empires.

Let's take America for Example...

600 years from now...lets say there was no video, television and detailed written historical accounts of America during our time.

Black Afrocentric principals would have you believe that the United States of America was a "Black" Ran Western Hemisphere Empire...solely on the Reasons of Ancient Archeological Evidence of Michael Jordan's Buried Bones and Black Humans who have operated in the United States Military.

Ignoring the main core true fact that..America's "Leadership" is/was/ ran by [size=30pt]Whites[/size]

It is the Same with Africa.

Where Ever Islam came, Arabs ruled over the Blacks beneath them. (Exception Being Senegal Region)

..."The Black Moors"....What a Joke..get real

Just because your nation has "soldiers" of Black Negro stock...does not mean it's Leadership was of Black Negro Stock.

...Here is what an Afrocentric will counter with out of Desperation..

.."But...But...They were African"....

Oh ok

As if Africa is not home to 9 Trillion Varied Genetic Groupings.

..Suddenly, The "Diversity" is no Longer Claimed...and "Suddenly" It's all One "Race"...

LmL Hilarious i tell ya.

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by loveafrica: 5:21am On Jan 04, 2013
somalia9: only the somali girl has real hair and is from ancient people

the black girl has more testastrone she looks more manly like most negroid women

while somali girl looks feminent
that;s the only somali girl that stands out.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by somalia9: 5:22am On Jan 04, 2013
Their were no arabs ruling over somalia and ethiopia ever in history.

Despite that somalia is 100 percent muslim. Arabs were ruled by persians, turks, berbers and all these people ruled under the authority of Islam
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 04, 2013
somalia9: Their were no arabs ruling over somalia and ethiopia ever in history.

Despite that somalia is 100 percent muslim. Arabs were ruled by persians, turks, berbers and all these people ruled under the authority of Islam

Somalis don't count, because Arabs view you as their Little Half Retardedd Brothers.

Unless of course you consider yourself a Pure Black Negroid who has shattered the mold and broken from the shackles of Arab Muslim Oppression?

If you don't consider yourself Pure Black African, Then your people don't count.

Your People actually Helped Catch Black Africans for that Filthy Sand Devil.

Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by loveafrica: 5:36am On Jan 04, 2013
somalia9: Their were no arabs ruling over somalia and ethiopia ever in history.

muslim are trouble making people. they are not trusted in china.
Re: Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 04, 2013
الملكي فوق الله:

Somalis don't count, because Arabs view you as their Little Half Retardedd Brothers.

Unless of course you consider yourself a Pure Black Negroid who has shattered the mold and broken from the shackles of Arab Muslim Oppression?

If you don't consider yourself Pure Black African, Then your people don't count.

Your People actually Helped Catch Black Africans for that Filthy Sand Devil.

There no such thing as a "Pure Black African". No one is purel

Black is a void term when discussion African. Negroid is merely a phentype and doesn't correlates with race.

What is a black African?

Fulani people are sometimes considered white by some African ethics. Yet they carry HG E1b1a to the max, yet they look like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.