Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:36 AM

D'banj - Top Of The World - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj - Top Of The World (19528 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / Timaya Ft D'banj - Mind Over Matter / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
Analysis

Beat: Good, the problem is that most people do not and associate Dbanj with this genre of music and I think the beat is the only thing that saved this song from being a disaster. Nigerian hit songs have good danceable beats for the most part of it at least. This sounds more like what david guetta would produce after quite a number of shots of Shekpe and a few kpakpa sticks.

Vocals: Absolute rubbish, he is talking not even singing as far as I concerned. Something made Oga skibanj the man he was, quick fast beats with plenty of african flavour made his songs a hit. AFCON my behind angry angry angry

My verdict,
Why me, Oliver Twist, Igwe......heck Tongolo self would kick this song's ass like Wladimir Klitschko.
DBnaj cannot be as good without don jazy.
Don jazy would not reach his full potential when he has those youth academy singers his rank.
They should squash the beef and do good music again.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by airmark(m): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
Red-Light:

then u are a stupiid nigerian ... no offense... but ur kwabena is the most suckish thing av ever heard in my life ... i wish there is time machine to go back in time and delete the moment i listen to that suckish song... btw is the guy ur friend .. ewwwwwwwww gross

grin grin grin
I also listened to the kwabena kwabena aso whatever that funky madina recommended, i could nt finish listening to the song. Vic o i better than that kwabena clown. At a point the singer was shouting as if he was about to be shot with well-loaded ak47 gun. I now realised what sounds good to morons like funkymadina and tomakint. Pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by DaVinChiSam(m): 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
At Last... Hopefully he keeps this up

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by waleadex(m): 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
This song is okay.The major problem people have with Dbanj is that he is stylishly diverting from his known usual way of singing.Perhaps,the Don Jazzy's touches are missing.But that not withstanding,it is absolute hatred to call this song a wack.I love both Dbanj and Don Jazzy,they are both good.The issue between them is like a separating couple,with time they will gather their pieces together and we will all appreciate them individually.

4 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Revolva(m): 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
Look the thing pain me ehnn after downloading this song on ma BB and listened to it (cuzz. Am not used to download naija songs except classics ones) as I just download am finish na so BEATFM just dey talk about am come jam am on air e pain me !!! For wastin my MBS
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by ojoawo(m): 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2012
This beat is good, truth βε̲ told
Vocals: weeeeeelll.............not good enough though that's an improvement thanks Ƭõ̸̳͡ antares vocoder
Overall- good enough for a theme song.... Buh still lacks it. It- I dunno
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by magicbrain(m): 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
After listening to this song and going through comments here, I can now conclude that haters are going to kill themselves just to ensure D'banj fails.

How can you even try to stop someone else's success with negative comments? This is a fantastic song by any standard and we all should be proud of D'banj.

This guy is my Nigerian of the Year, against all odds he has proven himself a talented artist, a shrewd entrepreneur and a winner!!!
He is on top of the world and can't really hear haters hating from the ground floor!!

I am using D'banj as a point of contact: baba God, please bless me the way you have blessed D'banj cos who you have blessed no Man or principality can cause!!

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by yamunla(m): 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
magic_brain: After listening to this song and going through comments here, I can now conclude that haters are going to kill themselves just to ensure D'banj fails.

How can you even try to stop someone else's success with negative comments? This is a fantastic song by any standard and we all should be proud of D'banj.

This guy is my Nigerian of the Year, against all odds he has proven himself a talented artist, a shrewd entrepreneur and a winner!!!
He is on top of the world and can't really hear haters hating from the ground floor!!

I am using D'banj as a point of contact: baba God, please bless me the way you have blessed D'banj cos who you have blessed no Man or principality can cause!!
BIG AMEN to that....Ota po..
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
[size=23pt]WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK[/size]
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by tomiedatlo: 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
yamunla: Am dbanj..,you only have one life to live,if u're lucky then u might get two...''Am on top of the world...you gonna be proud..Ye O,Ye O........Looking back now,there is no regret..Moving forward...Wouldn't change a thing even if i could..Am stronger now....Wow...D'banj,Ski-banj,Eja-Nla,Capela,Mensah,Osinawata-buruogaraya1,Oooshee....haters(Marvin chicken,Don-Loya,wiz-pikin)...Dbanj no be una mate..#kapish#
Haha well said bro You 2 much.. Lolz

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Bodmas06: 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
Thumb up dbanj nice song.more of it.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by kehindesalisu: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
listening to the jam right nw........VEWI COOL..AT LEAST U GUYS WEE LET DBANJ REST

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by kehindesalisu: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:
[size=23pt]WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK[/size]
enemy

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by kehindesalisu: 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Analysis

Beat: Good, the problem is that most people do not and associate Dbanj with this genre of music and I think the beat is the only thing that saved this song from being a disaster. Nigerian hit songs have good danceable beats for the most part of it at least. This sounds more like what david guetta would produce after quite a number of shots of Shekpe and a few kpakpa sticks.

Vocals: Absolute rubbish, he is talking not even singing as far as I concerned. Something made Oga skibanj the man he was, quick fast beats with plenty of african flavour made his songs a hit. AFCON my behind angry angry angry

My verdict,
Why me, Oliver Twist, Igwe......heck Tongolo self would kick this song's ass like Wladimir Klitschko.
DBnaj cannot be as good without don jazy.
Don jazy would not reach his full potential when he has those youth academy singers his rank. guy..easy na
They should squash the beef and do good music again.
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Akgcfr: 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
D'banj waa gbayi jare......song of life!

3 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by toprealman: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dbanj sang like a novice appearing on MTN project fame! Not impressed at all.

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by safarigirl(f): 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
tomakint: ...and this is what some babies called a classic? ***tomakint nods head and passes by***
guy e tire me. I was reading comments and expecting I'd witness the dawn of a new age in D'banj post-DJ, only for me to listen to it and all I could hear was what has to be a crappy soundtrack from a Nollywood movie most likely starring Kenneth Okonkwo and Van Vicker. I'm like wtf yo! Glad twas someone else's mb that was used to download it. This is like Kanye tryna veer towards Country music. Haba! Even the finalists at PFWA had better compositions. What is classic about this? D'banj is supposed to be the intermediary between afrobeats and the Western genres, what kinda sell out is this? We already have Jason Mraz and John Mayer, so who's he targeting to sell this to? Cos I know I and even the D'banj apologists praising the song won't buy. Africans won't buy cos we don't do that kinda music, and if they have to get it from Africa, we gat Asa, Nneka and Mi Casa, so whose fans is D'banj tryna pull? Mtcheew, abegi *puts earphone on and returns to dancing Alingo*

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by sevule(m): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
Top of the world - More like top of the year's crappiest songs. This song is absolute
rubbish. After listening to Oyeato i thought it couldn't get any worse but I guess this
song proved me wrong. For the first time in a long time I actually deleted a song immediately
I finished playing it. DBanj singing Puhlease!!!! DBanj has a style that has worked for
him and frankly he should stick to that style and stop raping. our ears with his singing voice.
Has anybody here ever heard T-Pain sing without autotune?? Precisely my point - T-Pain knows
that he can't sing to save his life, but he knows how to release a monster hit by sticking to
a formula that works well for him and that formula is autotune.
DBanj quit the experimentation and go back to the basics that made you a star. And for all those
that are calling critics of the songs haters, you guys must surely be on some expired crack. Cant
a man objectively critique a song without being called a hater?? Must we all love every single song
that DBanj releases even if it is crap just because DBanj sang it? In that case I guess all those
people that criticized Tonto Dike's song are all haters. Nigerians and their sychophancy!

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by yamunla(m): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
safarigirl: guy e tire me. I was reading comments and expecting I'd witness the dawn of a new age in D'banj post-DJ, only for me to listen to it and all I could hear was what has to be a crappy soundtrack from a Nollywood movie most likely starring Kenneth Okonkwo and Van Vicker. I'm like wtf yo! Glad twas someone else's mb that was used to download it. This is like Kanye tryna veer towards Country music. Haba! Even the finalists at PFWA had better compositions. What is classic about this? D'banj is supposed to be the intermediary between afrobeats and the Western genres, what kinda sell out is this? We already have Jason Mraz and John Mayer, so who's he targeting to sell this to? Cos I know I and even the D'banj apologists praising the song won't buy. Africans won't buy cos we don't do that kinda music, and if they have to get it from Africa, we gat Asa, Nneka and Mi Casa, so whose fans is D'banj tryna pull? Mtcheew, abegi *puts earphone on and returns to dancing Alingo*
ode
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by yamunla(m): 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
sevule: Top of the world - More like top of the year's crappiest songs. This song is absolute
rubbish. After listening to Oyeato i thought it couldn't get any worse but I guess this
song proved me wrong. For the first time in a long time I actually deleted a song immediately
I finished playing it. DBanj singing Puhlease!!!! DBanj has a style that has worked for
him and frankly he should stick to that style and stop raping. our ears with his singing voice.
Has anybody here ever heard T-Pain sing without autotune?? Precisely my point - T-Pain knows
that he can't sing to save his life, but he knows how to release a monster hit by sticking to
a formula that works well for him and that formula is autotune.
DBanj quit the experimentation and go back to the basics that made you a star. And for all those
that are calling critics of the songs haters, you guys must surely be on some expired crack. Cant
a man objectively critique a song without being called a hater?? Must we all love every single song
that DBanj releases even if it is crap just because DBanj sang it? In that case I guess all those
people that criticized Tonto Dike's song are all haters. Nigerians and their sychophancy!
all this epistle because of D'banj.. God Punish Unemployment..aaah..JONA why!!!!

5 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by safarigirl(f): 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
yamunla: ode
who be this one abeg? Another jobless agbero touting D'banj as the next Fela. Abeg comot for road make I see beta people. Wey airmark and naturalwaves sef? Those are fans who bother to present an arguement, not this one that's going about cursing people like a rabies-infected dog.
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by cyril83(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
safarigirl: who be this one abeg? Another jobless agbero touting D'banj as the next Fela. Abeg comot for road make I see beta people. Wey airmark and naturalwaves sef? Those are fans who bother to present an arguement, not this one that's going about cursing people like a rabies-infected dog.
actually I don't feel like quoting this but I can't just...pls what is it you don't like in that song or you just hate him personally? Coz most of you still keep ranting of him left don jazzy
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by charlesopp(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
safarigirl: who be this one abeg? Another jobless agbero touting D'banj as the next Fela. Abeg comot for road make I see beta people. Wey airmark and naturalwaves sef? Those are fans who bother to present an arguement, not this one that's going about cursing people like a rabies-infected dog.

Som1 mentioned ur name on d 1st page nd walahi U̶̲̥̅̊ Ω̴̩δ disappoint, wetn dbanj D̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊ you wey pus.ssy D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ pain U̶̲̥̅̊ lik dis...gal go get a a life ooo..haterz are liable 2 die young..#olofo..

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by charlesopp(m): 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
cyril83: actually I don't feel like quoting this but I can't just...pls what is it you don't like in that song or you just hate him personally? Coz most of you still keep ranting of him left don jazzy

Bros U̶̲̥̅̊ get time..y U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try preach 2 d devil

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by yamunla(m): 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
LooooOoooooooooooooooOoooooOoooOoOoLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZz..Marvin baby..ee-diot
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by yamunla(m): 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
charlesopp:

Som1 mentioned ur name on d 1st page nd walahi U̶̲̥̅̊ Ω̴̩δ disappoint, wetn dbanj D̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊ you wey pus.ssy D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ pain U̶̲̥̅̊ lik dis...gal go get a a life ooo..haterz are liable 2 die young..#olofo..
abeg bros help me ask the girl oooo..wey she do neck like ogbanje for her profile pics so..mumu girl..
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by chreldb(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
First of all I listened to the song and felt like there is nothing special about it. Then I started reading comments on this thread and was shocked by the positive reviews. So I decided to listen to the song again and still got no trips from it. Then I went on to read more comments just to make sure that I am not the only one that felt that way and reassure myself that I am still musically sane. Then I saw comments that agreed with my perception of the song. Then I went on to read some further comments and observed that some people started insulting others that gave the song a negative review. Which reminded me of the pro GEJ peeps on NL. So I asked myself why would anyone insult another person for criticizing a song that he/she did not even sing. What is more disturbing is the number of people reigning insults on others because of this Dbanj's song. So I have come to postulate that there must be a 40 man pro Dbang laptop squad on NL. grin

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by charlesopp(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
chreld_b: First of all I listened to the song and felt like there is nothing special about it. Then I started reading comments on this thread and was shocked by the positive reviews. So I decided to listen to the song again and still got no trips from it. Then I went on to read more comments just to make sure that I am not the only one that felt that way and reassure myself that I am still musically sane. Then I saw comments that agreed with my perception of the song. Then I went on to read some further comments and observed that some people started insulting others that gave the song a negative review. Which reminded me of the pro GEJ peeps on NL. So I asked myself why would anyone insult another person for criticizing a song that he/she did not even sing. What is more disturbing is the number of people reigning insults on others because of this Dbanj's song. So I have come to postulate that there must be a 40 man pro Dbang laptop squad on NL. grin

Dr Sid is dt U̶̲̥̅̊ ?

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
toprealman: Dbanj sang like a novice appearing on MTN project fame! Not impressed at all.
I could buy you a beer...my exact thoughts
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by chreldb(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
charlesopp:

Dr Sid is dt U̶̲̥̅̊ ?

Yes it is, wetin? tongue
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
funky medina: Oh !! how the mighty have fallen. Dbanj go back to america dey jump like kangaroo for kanye video.
For correct african jams go to youtube and type *Aso* by Kwabena. The ghanaians have taken over !
who be these mad person

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by RedLight1: 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
charlesopp:

Dr Sid is dt U̶̲̥̅̊ ?
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing / Nairalander On Karaoke Night Singing Lionel Richie Stuck On U In Indiana Usa / Davido – "Fia" (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.