Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10838247 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3189) (3190) (3191) (3192) (3193) (3194) (3195) ... (7738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
lancee:

Hope on 30% port left ..I don partly join oga Rabiu oniifa grin

Owo wa labe bedii

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Do you expect the result to be good?
If you were holding this stock, will you sell, hold or buy at this point.
I need your opinion.
I failed to listen when you shouted Janet and I am finding it difficult to forgive myself now.
I am now ready to separate emotions and learn afresh.
Thanks.
NB: Any decision I take, I am solely responsible. Just a fair opinion, I am seeking.
Any member here can help.

If you had listened to me and sold and the stock went up, you will still wash me here.

I will advise you stick to your strategy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
mendes911:

Remember I have been wrong severally....

My wish may not come through. I noticed something towards the last 20 mins of trading. Someone was consistently selling at N2.99 (started at N3.00 and moved down by 1k) and still they didn't suppress the price. Bids were showing up and the "guy" was settling the score. I don't know what might happen when the person gets done.

I might consider this support price tomorrow. It looks solid.

Meaning there is a constant sell pressure. Don't you think more volumes will be there to offload?

If you have sold volumes before you will understand how it works.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Asmaraabc: 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
lancee:
Nse ..after battling with them Oga's wey go wan bring mkt down to buy low ..Then Dow mr jones ..Oil price ..Cbn with news again scatter market with dividends restrictions
All these conditions don created Fear some pple don sell ..Mkt looks lil bit stable today ..Some that sold @ loss re thinking how to enter again grin..Ones wey dey trapped dey Hope

Now i hope some results will not scatter mkt again ..Hope Hope Hope grin

Too little too far brother grin

Cash is Supreme grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olyrayy(m): 8:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Be careful. You will make mistake if you try to do what is there. Read the literature, the calculations and then domesticate it to our market.

I don't think we have had such high PEs in NSE. So be mindful of what you take out there. Applicability may not be same but try and understand the content and context of applications.

In the same book, he said investing in frontier markets carry very high risk. We are in a frontier market.

Lol at the bolded. That's why this thread is here sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
by Godisfaithful: 8:02pm lancee: Nse ..after battling with them
Oga's wey go wan bring mkt down
to buy low grin ..Then Dow mr jones
..Oil price ..Cbn with news again
scatter market with dividends
restrictions All these conditions don created
Fear some pple don sell grin ..Mkt looks
lil bit stable today ..Some that sold
@ loss re thinking how to enter again grin ..Ones wey dey trapped dey Hope Now i hope some results will not
scatter mkt again grin ..Hope Hope Hope Too little too far brother Cash is Supreme grin (Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share) grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olyrayy(m): 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
Jejebaba:

This is NSE oo and not NYSE. You need to adapt what is written in that book to our own local NSE market. Our market is always whipsawed and susceptible to many changes like oil price, political tension, CBN and other local policies among others. Our market moves one step forward and 5 steps backward most times. Have an investment strategy and stick to it. From my own personal experience, i dont do long term in NSE mainly due to our currency fluctuations. I remembered in 2014, i was changing money at 157/$ to buy NSE stocks and to repatriate funds now, u will need to change at 363/$ ($100k in 2014 is now less than $50k now). So someone needs to be very active in this market and know when to be in cash and when to be in the market else, it will be a rigmarole case.
Ki Olorun ma je ka ba onise se ooo.

Thanks for your insight. With experience, I'm sure to get a hang of the Nigerian market. But with this thread and tips from ogas like you, I won't get to make as many mistakes as I would on my own.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olyrayy(m): 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

How much dividend are we going home with?

Good day sir. Please I would like your insights on how to deal with the problem of market volatility in the NSE. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
longlife20:

Not out yet, it will be out by tomorrow

Patiently waiting for the twin brother Ucap
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

If you had listened to me and sold and the stock went up, you will still wash me here.

I will advise you stick to your strategy.

I prefer fluid strategies. No strategy is information proof.
I am just seeking for informed opinion.
I understand prices at times defy gravity for bad results and obey gravity for good results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
longlife20:

Not out yet, it will be out by tomorrow

You are adding to the confusion abi?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dreamflyin(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
Good evening house.
Please am confused at how much stockbroking houses charge for transferring shares of a late parent to an estate account?
Fidelity Securities charges is 4% which is a lot considering we already paid 10% of the value to the state Probate.

It's quite unlike the banks, where they don't charge any percentage per say to convert a deceased account to estate.

Please, is that how it's done in shares?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
Advice on Honeywell... buy, sell, hold?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

You are adding to the confusion abi?

Just fact, last year report came out 23rd of february 2017. Same this year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
Why all the anxiety about APR...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
Onuokwu:
Why all the anxiety about APR...

Simple!
Everyone want to dump on late comers.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
CBN will keep results, insiders will keep dumping or buying.
When done, they will signal their friends to approve.

#Randomthoughts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
I think the result is fantastic. They just want to hold it till they have bought some units tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
Mpeace:
I think the result is fantastic. They just want to hold it till they have bought some units tomorrow.

I am certain of one thing.
Price will open higher, gap up, then move to day's high and suck in HUGE VOLUME.
It will then dawn on new entrants that the DY has been heavily compressed, then the gate will be closed... undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
Mpeace:
I think this result will come with bonus and dividend...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 11:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

I am certain of one thing.
Price will open higher, gap up, then move to day's high and suck in HUGE VOLUME.
It will then dawn on new entrants that the DY has been heavily compressed, then the gate will be closed... undecided

Patiently guys, last year board meeting was on 21st of Feb and the result came out on 23rd of Feb 2017. This year board meeting was on 21st of Feb and tomorrow is 23rd of february. The result will surely come out tomorrow either good or bad. We go see the report tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:20am On Feb 23, 2018
longlife20:

Patiently guys, last year board meeting was on 21st of Feb and the result came out on 23rd of Feb 2017. This year board meeting was on 21st of Feb and tomorrow is 23rd of february. The result will surely come out tomorrow either good or bad. We go see the report tomorrow.

Dividend should be like 35kobo to 40kobo. Which is between 6.8% to 7.8% DY from yesterday's price. I pity those who bought at yesterday's price of N5.10

Agba (and Loco) will be selling on you guys to recover his loss on Aiico. I'm really enjoying this drama. grin

By the way, why didn't price pick up in trading yesterday? This means result was not fantastic.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:24am On Feb 23, 2018
Mpeace:

How many units were traded yesterday and the days before?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:29am On Feb 23, 2018
IchimokuPilot:
CBN will keep results, insiders will keep dumping or buying.
When done, they will signal their friends to approve.

#Randomthoughts.

In Nigeria?

Someone will tell someone and tell that person not to tell another person. The other person will tell someone and still put a caveat: don't tell anyone.

Na today.

If we are to work backwards, Price movement shows it all. Dividend may be sub 10%.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 6:11am On Feb 23, 2018
Did it close at N3? Most sites has N2.98 as the closing price yesterday. Please clarify me, I wasn't around during the 2nd half of yesterday's market.
fxuser:

- highest vol traded
- u may just get ur wish , but MM & other wicked hunters de eye am too loll
- a lot of bids just siddon below N2.98 OP (opening price) de wait
- price found its way back to opening price even while touching a 3.09 intra-day high (inverted hammer)
- that closure exactly at 3 is very suspect lol , let see where MM will put opening price tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (3189) (3190) (3191) (3192) (3193) (3194) (3195) ... (7738) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Choiceguy, SAK, ositadima1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.