Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police (27744 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by jeezybuck: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
I AM NOT GOING TO READ THIS SHI.T. WHEN THE WOMAN TURN ACTOR TO HAVE EXCAPED. SHEER MADNESS
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Rastamann: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
…….
Vanguard confirmed if the security agents were put in confidence in the payment of ransom to the kidnappers, but it was obvious that they were not, as the ransom was dropped and coolly collected by the hostage takers.

Finally, between N10 m – N11 million ransom paid

Our source was not emphatic on the amount paid, but he said, “Between N10 million and N15 million was paid as ransom”
We gathered that it was after the kidnappers satisfied themselves that the Okonjos kept to their side of the bargain that they released the family’s matriarch on Friday morning in Benin City.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/how-okonjo-iwealas-mother-was-released-n10m-ransom-paid/
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Dankudi: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
The Nigerian Police will never fail to amaze us.

Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Francheezy(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
am 'dumbF0LDED'am 'dumbF0LDED'am 'dumbF0LDED'
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by deltaforce7(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
Important thing is that our mum is finally free. If police like make dem continue to deceive themselve there.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by bush4ker(m): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2012
u dont know ur mum again?

1 Like

Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Tinyemeka(m): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
*** Clears throat and munches on a piece of kolanut in a manner reminiscent of Okonkwo in 'Things Fall Apart' ***

Whether the Queen Mother escaped from the kidnappers or the kidnappers escaped from the Mother Queen is talk for another day. An eighty-something year old Queen of a Mother does not run in broad daylight for nothing. It is either the Queen is after some kidnappers, or some kidnappers are after the Queen. The gods are wise!

In the meantime, no need blaming the policemen. They may have "swung into action and stormed" the hideout (yeah, yeah. They always do that). But that was after Mother Queen had fled the area rescued by Zorro riding on a keke Napep. Or is it an okada sef? undecided

I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
I am delighted that the old woman made it out alive. Considering her age, it is a feat in itself that she survived the trauma of a five-day ordeal in kidnappers' den. For all her accomplishments and charmed life, the least she deserves is a dignified natural death.

Meanwhile, I don't know which is funnier - the nonsensical tale told by the police commissioner, or the fashionable use of the misnomer "Queen Mother" in the report (and in several national newspapers since the woman was kidnapped). Seems Nigerian journalists assume she is too old to be a 'mere' queen, hence the additional - even if erroneous - emphasis on 'mother'. Lol.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by controlseven: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
*Singing*
Ayaga yaga yaga yooooo (2x)
Rasta Kimono dey vex (2x)
Say what!
Say me got a message from jah...
Dat Nigeria must be free.....ehh?
*Sleeping*
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by ubong560(m): 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
Pure fake gist. Big lies. Escape ke? Even active age can't easily escape talkless of 802yrs my poo. Y shld they release her just lik dat without payment? Na okonjo family buy d bread and lacasera wey dem take feed d old woman for d kidnappers? Dont u know dat bread and lacasera na thier invested capital b dat? Wetin com hapen to am? D money just waka like dat abi? Abeg, nobody is a kid here. Tell us how much u pay. U neva can tell, we fit do small contributn give u to take recoup part of d payment. Stop to dey lie. HOW MUCH DID U PAY? I WANT TO KNOW.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by jamst(m): 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
mehn! no time wasting 4 d okonjos family 2 secure d release of the grandma cheesy cheesy no doudt money don xchange hands cool cool cool
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by nnachichi(f): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
author=0lumide]Okonjo Iweala kidnapped her own mother.. Don't be deceived!!!
She accused a subsidy cabal and yet she was indicted in the subsidy fraud. So which cabal is going after NOI's mother?
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by plendil: 10:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
The more you look. . .
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by plendil: 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide: Okonjo Iweala kidnapped her own mother.. Don't be deceived!!!

She accused a subsidy cabal and yet she was indicted in the subsidy fraud. So which cabal is going after NOI's mother?

Okonjo Iweala kidnapped her own mother!!

Common will you stop that!! angry angry angry

How could anyone in his right senses even consider such a patently demonic and indescribably wicked act??

PLEASE!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by SisiKill1: 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
plendil: The more you look. . .

. . . The more you have to look because you can't see anything!! cheesy

I just love my Naija! Stuff like this just makes the entire work day pass in a jiffy.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Koolking(m): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Nigerian police with their usual insipid and clownish press release. Always scrambling for credit and glory where they never work for. They dont want the public to be in the know of how much the govt thrust into the supplementary budget as ransom in order to secure her release. The old woman escaped from her abductor, is she a magician? this story is smark of irresponsibility.

1 Like

Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by ochukoccna: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
Chei!
Naija men in black can lie
An 82 year old outrunning her captors
Hmnn,like R Kelly sang&I say,
I believe I can fly too.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by kennyeast(m): 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mbeki: Failed country! some said it was the army, now police, they stormed the hideout, a motorcycle dropped her.

Questions?
1. If the stormed the hideout, why didn't they come out with they woman?
2. How can an 82 year old woman escape from dangerous kidnapper just like that?
Hello have u gotten any answer yet, pls let me know when u get on,lol naija 4 life.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by ubong560(m): 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
For d very last time, tell us, HOW MUCH DID U PAY SO WE CAN COMPARE IT TO D WORTH OF FEEDING (akeke bread & lacasera) SHE RECEIVED FOR D FIVE DAYS. Omo eh, guys don hammer dis xmas be dat. I wish i dey among, na RANGE i 4 take enta villa on 27th.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by matty1024: 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
It is always difficult to get the truth from the Nigerian Police Force.
What is all these cork and bull stories? I pity my country men!!!
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by REVOLUTNIS: 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
u guys don't understand. have u guys 4goten that a queen mother (grandmother of witches)can vanish? that is exactly what happened
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Truckpusher(m): 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
Na today?
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Truckpusher(m): 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
Anyone believing the Nigerian police should get help from a psychiatric doctor or better still go for rehab.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by purposeDiva: 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
Troll: [size=16pt]Maybe She Did An "Usain Bolt" and Bolted Away undecided
At 80-something years of age? Damn! That Must Be A World Record For The Greatest Escape. grin[/size]

This one pass Prison Brake
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by IYANGBALI: 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ogbuefi_Negro: ...lol, the story get k-leg. So who dey lie, police or the Queen? Also, i thought she is the Queen, which one be Queen mother? na wah for naija and title.
the thing tire me o
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Truckpusher(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
WIth the Info you have abt kIdnappers you must be one or an aspIrIng one grin grin grin grin grin
ubong560: Pure fake gist. Big lies. Escape ke? Even active age can't easily escape talkless of 802yrs my poo. Y shld they release her just lik dat without payment? Na okonjo family buy d bread and lacasera wey dem take feed d old woman for d kidnappers? Dont u know dat bread and lacasera na thier invested capital b dat? Wetin com hapen to am? D money just waka like dat abi? Abeg, nobody is a kid here. Tell us how much u pay. U neva can tell, we fit do small contributn give u to take recoup part of d payment. Stop to dey lie. HOW MUCH DID U PAY? I WANT TO KNOW.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Princekhalifa: 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
Why Nairaland sef go carry dis kind yeye story give us, NPF r u a learner? Do Nigerians look like awilo lomgonba?
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
control_seven: *Singing*
Ayaga yaga yaga yooooo (2x)
Rasta Kimono dey vex (2x)
Say what!
Say me got a message from jah...
Dat Nigeria must be free.....ehh?
*Sleeping*
u smoke weed nigga!
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ogbuefi_Negro: ...lol, the story get k-leg. So who dey lie, police or the Queen? Also, i thought she is the Queen, which one be Queen mother? na wah for naija and title.
queen mother....lol
arch, Dr, barrister, king, oba, eze, chief, pharm, fca, cfa, cfr, ofr, san, kings father e.t.c
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by knockturnal(m): 11:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
Hmmmmmmm, since its clear that the Naija police and the media cant give us the clear circumstances sorrounding the escape\release of the queen mother, i guess is time we applied the ulimate wisdom; LOGIC!!!

1. The queen mother is a witch and she used her black magic to disappear and hence excape her captor(cos there is no way in hell a woman of her age could solely out outwit or outrun that level of organised kidnapping)
2. The NPF actually recued her (which is like trying to convince Neil Amstrong that the earth is flat)
3. The kidnappers released her out of the kindness of their heart and a sudden distaste for cool hard naija currency(the perpatrotors are most likely igbo,which makes the above stated impossicant).
4. Money has been parted with as ransom for her release (.)
Meeeen, this wan hard o! no wonder i still dey fail JAMB.
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by WinkWrld: 12:01am On Dec 15, 2012
Prison break (nigerian version)'the escape of the queen mothher' grin
Re: How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police by bamosagie(m): 12:11am On Dec 15, 2012
REVOLUTNIS: u guys don't understand. have u guys 4goten that a queen mother (grandmother of witches)can vanish? that is exactly what happened

& she waited for five days first?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. / Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) / Ize-Iyamu To Appeal Court Judgement Disqualifying His Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.