Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Touts On Edo Highways - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Touts On Edo Highways (6704 Views)

Tinubu unleashes his e-touts on nl targetting saraki / Biafra View On Edo State / Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touts On Edo Highways by Hydeedante(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
The activities of touts along Edo roads is becoming worrisome,especially along AKURE -BENIN expressway claiming to be task force from ministry of environment and Owan (somtin )LGA. They demand for stickers such as Emission permit,radio permit etc from private car owners. Each of this stickers they will ask of between 15k and 30k. And they will b at @ least 5 points. Pls nairalander share ur experience with this touts and how can we get them off the road? Who do we report to?
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Ajibel(m): 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
Yep i encountered some on the highway in my dream
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by JUO(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
those guys no get blood for vein
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by pawpawguy: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2012
number 3 on the list grin
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Abujafood: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
Never have but the ones in Lagos can be devilish! Don't try the Mushin Olosha bad bad boys they'll make those Edo touts look like kids!! #JustJoking#
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Okijajuju1(m): 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2012

1 Like

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by free2ryhme: 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2012
TOUTS FOR FEDERAL HIGHWAY ..THIS COUNTRY SEF
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
Never I repeat never stop. Threaten to run them over and they will run. Those bastardsss on benin bypass or the foools in uromi. They know me well. I came down and serviced my 12 guage there, after that it was oga make ur boys chop abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Edoblakky(m): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2012
I encountered them on my way to Akure from Benin in August 2010. I thought they were working for the govt so I parked because they where stationed just after a police check point. I was delayed and almost missed the wedding I was to attend. I didn't know what to do. But having heard them speak Benin language I approached their leader and spoke the language to him but I ended up paying 5k. I also collected his number in case I was held by another group. My advice: if you see them please increase your speed and try to knock them down. They are not representing the govt.

3 Likes

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Frostyzone(m): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2012
What is this childish thread doing at the front page?

2 Likes

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by MeAgain(m): 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
I encountered them between OWO and Okene about a year ago. I stepped on it full throttle. I almost ran over one of them. Although, I was attacked with two logs of wood filled with nails. Thank God for tubeless, I just ran over the nails and continued my journey to Abuja. Furthermore, there is a law banning them from setting up road blocks when recovering local govts levy. So next time you see them, cripple them. the more you cripple the better.

2 Likes

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2012
I don't blane them. since there is no job, anything you can do to make money in Nigeria, my dear do it. After all our leaders are doing theirs.
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by abifoluwa: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2012
Frostyzone: What is this childish thread doing at the front page?
are u a tout? YOU ARE ONE OF THEM? WHO ARE YOUR PEOPLE? where are you located? These are the things i need to know!? grin

2 Likes

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
Edoblakky: I encountered them on my way to Akure from Benin in August 2010. I thought they were working for the govt so I parked because they where stationed just after a police check point. I was delayed and almost missed the wedding I was to attend. I didn't know what to do. But having heard them speak Benin language I approached their leader and spoke the language to him but I ended up paying 5k. I also collected his number in case I was held by another group. My advice: if you see them please increase your speed and try to knock them down. They are not representing the govt.
permit me to call u mr corruption! U shdnt have paid anything to them. Secondly, why haven't u reported to the police since u have the touts phone number? Pls kindly flash the number here let me make sure that the thieves will be apprehended before friday. Thanks
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2012
When you get to their roadblocks, match the gas pedal and hit them.
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
I encountered them sometimes last year on the road to Akure from Benin,along oluku road.It was the last village in edo state,I had to stop because they were stationed in a bad portion of the road,they put nail on my tyres that i need to pay #26k or so for radio licence etc.they even show me their Identification card that they were task force bla bla.that was the day i wish i were a military man with Gun to blast their head off,anyway after reasoning with them that i had all my papers and that my car may never pass that road again till i dispose the car,so why Edo radio licence.They threathened to beat up my wife b/c she was a lawyer and wafi girl wey no fear any injustice,I got annoyed and climed the barrier they put on the road like that since i had a tubless tyre,one of the tyre went flat but i stopped along the road and bought tube of 1k and proceed on my journey,at least thats cheaper than 26k.They are every were in edo state fro the flyover to Benin Warri road to Oluku Akure road.I may be wrong,but Edo seems to be the only state where this type of Babaric act in the name of revenue drive still goes on in the whole of the country.

To Edo citizen in this Forum,are this tout actually local govt. workers,if yes must visitors passing through your state be made to pay those outragious ammount on a federal govt. road in the name of revenue.Somebody somewhere should please help since these boys are a menace in Edo state

1 Like

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Kemy11(m): 3:57pm On Dec 18, 2012
Come to onitsha frm head bridge to upper iweka and see what we call real tout. Anyway na their season b dis.
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by lucom: 4:04pm On Dec 18, 2012

And what are you doing commenting on it?

1 Like

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Edoblakky(m): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2012
@Chiover, it seemed you didn't read my post. I told you that it happened right before a police post. I didn't bribe them as you supposed. When I spoke their language, their leader asked me to pay for one of the receipts which cost 5k. When I returned from the wedding, I tried the number and it never went. As at the time I paid for the receipt, little did I know that they were fraudulent. Moreover, I was traveling with my wife and that put me in a compromised position. It was when I left the scene and reported to people that I got to know they were thieves.
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Frostyzone(m): 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2012
abifoluwa: These are the things i need to know!? grin
Was that a question or a remark?
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Frostyzone(m): 4:12pm On Dec 18, 2012
lucom:

And what are you doing commenting on it?
Just expressing my humble opinion, just like everyone else, dude.

1 Like

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by aryzgreat: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
ARES: Never I repeat never stop. Threaten to run them over and they will run. Those bastardsss on benin bypass or the foools in uromi. They know me well. I came down and serviced my 12 guage there, after that it was oga make ur boys chop abeg.

u never jam the bad ones. They strategically position themselves on the road sides with 2x2 plank opening its jaggered nail teeth and any suspecting move by u will earn u punctured tires and battered vehicle body. Avoid them if u can, i travel on sundays whenever am going to east to avoid those animals
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2012
I've encountered them a couple of times on that road especially on the auchi to benin highway....I know their spots so whenever i'm approaching there, i accelerate to a minimum of 160km/hr. At that speed i assure the bas.tards that i will not only kill them, but their spirit too....

5 Likes

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Scubs: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
aryzgreat:

u never jam the bad ones. They strategically position themselves on the road sides with 2x2 plank opening its jaggered nail teeth and any suspecting move by u will earn u punctured tires and battered vehicle body. Avoid them if u can, i travel on sundays whenever am going to east to avoid those animals

when you encounter them next time, kindly turn your steering and face the person holding the plank, trust mi he'll drop the plank and run for his dear life. @lst dose fools still understand say "life no get duplicate" cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Touts On Edo Highways by PosCaricature: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
What is childish about the thread, is it mandatory that you must comment on every post?
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by jude33084(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
nija80: I encountered them sometimes last year on the road to Akure from Benin,along oluku road.It was the last village in edo state,I had to stop because they were stationed in a bad portion of the road,they put nail on my tyres that i need to pay #26k or so for radio licence etc.they even show me their Identification card that they were task force bla bla.that was the day i wish i were a military man with Gun to blast their head off,anyway after reasoning with them that i had all my papers and that my car may never pass that road again till i dispose the car,so why Edo radio licence.They threathened to beat up my wife b/c she was a lawyer and wafi girl wey no fear any injustice,I got annoyed and climed the barrier they put on the road like that since i had a tubless tyre,one of the tyre went flat but i stopped along the road and bought tube of 1k and proceed on my journey,at least thats cheaper than 26k.They are every were in edo state fro the flyover to Benin Warri road to Oluku Akure road.I may be wrong,but Edo seems to be the only state where this type of Babaric act in the name of revenue drive still goes on in the whole of the country.

To Edo citizen in this Forum,are this tout actually local govt. workers,if yes must visitors passing through your state be made to pay those outragious ammount on a federal govt. road in the name of revenue.Somebody somewhere should please help since these boys are a menace in Edo state

Are you guys joking or Wђɑ̤̥̈̊†? Paying for emmission aŋԂ radio sound polution? cheesy. I am in benin aŋԂ Lagos Benin is my route. I drive that road like 3times a month aŋԂ I have never encounter them. I think τhis is another thread to bash the Ǧ☺☺ϑ people aŋԂ peace loving people of Edo state wink
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by breathless(m): 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2012
Those creatures made my uncle run into someone in 2009 whom they also stopped and the fellow eventually died in UBTH, Benin. After his oredeal, I swore to crush any of them that comes across my way. I encountered them in Nov 2009 and almost fulfilled that desire.
Note that they usually wait in ambush on bad portions of the road were motorist will slow down. Just face them on speed and they`ll clear for you.
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
aryzgreat:

Bros the difference btw me and u is that there are things I know that u have no idea
Re: Touts On Edo Highways by kenkruse: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
Here is not meant for a child like you. I advice you visit game section. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Gubernatorial Election, Peaceful, Free, Fair And Credible – Police Rep / Abacha Loot : Picture With Buhari,Bagudu And Malami That Alarmed United States / FFK Reacts To Iman Of Peace Tweets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.