Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. (12957 Views)

Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!! / Soundbites / Soundbites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 19, 2012
r231:

grin grin grin

You dey laff
Infact she is already
Dead
Dead
Dead

Na so normal people dey behave for your place
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 19, 2012
tpia1:

low IQ, in addition to your other maladies undecided

Die
Dier
Diest grin
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 19, 2012
Oya tilapia tell us what the problem is
Talk to mommy
Babyosisi agony aunt
Let me help you
Did your job let you go?
Did Babatunde beat you
PMS?
Which one
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by r231(m): 1:40am On Dec 19, 2012
tpia1:

low IQ, in addition to your other maladies undecided

so tpia1, how was your day today darling grin
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by r231(m): 1:41am On Dec 19, 2012
babyosisi: Oya tilapia tell us what the problem is
Talk to mommy
Let me help you

grin grin grin grin

she forgot to take her medication

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia1: 1:41am On Dec 19, 2012
r231:

so tpia1, how was your day today darling grin

your poor daughter, o ma se o. undecided lipsrsealed

what a father. undecided
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by Nobody: 1:42am On Dec 19, 2012
r231:

grin grin grin grin

she forgot to take her medication

How can we help when she is a non compliant psychia patient
Heaven helps tilapia when she helps herself
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 19, 2012
tpia1:

what a father. undecided

Bia enough of this rubbish
Go to that cupboard right this minute and bring out that bottle of your smarties and drink it sharp sharp
What nonsense
Good girl grin

But just in case o

Die
Die
Die
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by r231(m): 1:48am On Dec 19, 2012
tpia1:

what a father. undecided

what do you have with my poor child you this woman undecided undecided

that lil girl has her own destiny either i am a good father or NOT

so darling tilapia face front and leave my child out of this
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 19, 2012
r231:

Stay dia and be blowing grammar when you need just 3 three lettered words
Die
Die and die
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 19, 2012
I hope the moderator sees exactly where this lunatic joined this fine thread to pick fights

Phew

This spiritual battle has drained my energy
Let me go and recharge
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by r231(m): 1:52am On Dec 19, 2012
babyosisi:

Stay dia and be blowing grammar when you need just 3 three lettered words
Die
Die and die

LOL grin grin grin

lets pray for tpia1
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by mshd5: 1:53am On Dec 19, 2012
Ds jesus they always shout upon, cannot interceed 4 them nor avert punishment if they fail 2 worshp d creator (Allah) in ds world.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by mshd5: 1:54am On Dec 19, 2012
Ds jesus they always shout or cal upon, cannot interceed 4 them nor avert punishment if they fail 2 worshp d creator (Allah) in ds world.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia5: 1:58am On Dec 19, 2012
r231:

when you want to insult others for their religious beliefs, try to not have a picture of yourself staring at whoever checks your profile.

cyberbullying 101. undecided

seems you didnt read that part, pig.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by r231(m): 2:00am On Dec 19, 2012
babyosisi:

Ok let me go first

Father in heaven,I want to bring before you that poster called tipia who everyone knows is a big pain in the behind and a stalker on nairaland of innocent posters just having a good time
lord I pray you help her sort out her issues and stop taking out her frustrations on people
I know that there is no manner of ailment you cannot cure
There is no demon that cannot be cast out
Help her and give her peace and joy and a sound spirit devoid of wickedness in Jesus name we pray
Amen

Amennnnnnnnn

Father Lord let her remember to take her medications in the morning so when she comes back to this thread she will be a happy camper and a jolly good fellow in Jesus name we pray...

Amen
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia5: 2:01am On Dec 19, 2012
babyosisi: i am babyosisi the rat everybody knows what my problem is- i need a man undecided
my witch mommy ate all my customers
Babyosisi in agony
help me!
my job is b/lowjob and i was let go
Babatunde beat me
i have PMS
i am a rat

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia5: 2:01am On Dec 19, 2012
r231:

Father Lord let me remember to take my medications in the morning so i will know not to go where i have no business being and i will learn to keep my useless opinions to myself and be a better father

Amen
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia5: 2:03am On Dec 19, 2012
babyosisi:
Die
Die
Die
Dieeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Azu babyosisi fall down and die
Die by fire by thunder
Somersault and die
Shrink and die
Flip over and die
Cry kokorokoooo and die
Shout moooooo and die
Cry meeeee and die
Epilepsy jigijigijigi and die
Akwukwu and die
grin grin
See me, a rat o

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia5: 2:04am On Dec 19, 2012
babyosisi: i am feeling uncomfortable
Die
Die
Die, babyosisi the rat

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by r231(m): 2:04am On Dec 19, 2012
tpia@:

when you want to insult others for their religious beliefs, try to not have a picture of yourself staring at whoever checks your profile.

cyberbullying 101. undecided

how did i insult anybody's religious belief undecided undecided

i am a xtian for crying out loud

copy and paste FYE

grow up
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia5: 2:07am On Dec 19, 2012
r231:

copy and paste FYE

grow up
you must be an utter m.oron if you need it spelled out to you.

look at your fellow witch you invited [one of many on the thread]:

Ileke-IdI:
I can't think of any more phrases these fake Christians use again.

Chei Nigerian Christians. I hail thee.

*logs off*

bloody liar!!!!!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia5: 2:10am On Dec 19, 2012
r231: 10. "We must pray and fast"
In Yoruba, "e kun fun aduaa". Commonly used in times of tribulation such as Police/EFCC cases, looking for a husband or applying for a UK or US visa.

9. "This is my year of breakthrough"
A new year's eve special. The ready-made lazy man's annual prayer whether or not he has put in an honest day's work the year before, and a popular headline at most money spinning end-of-year religious crusades.

8. "I thank God for your life"
Usually an acknowledgement or appreciation of a benefactor but you scratch your head to find a real meaning to this one. People just drop it anyhow, eg. "I saw Pastor Kososhi drive past me in his Hummer yesterday on Allen Avenue", Reply: "Oh, I thank God for his life".

7. "...but he's a Man of God"
As in the old 'over-the-hill' Brother Jero Pastor who doesn't know how to toast women but secretly lusts after your wife/girlfriend in church. These are the "close your eyes, let us pray" guys who's always around to help or advice, waiting and hoping to take advantage of any misfortune to console his way into your woman's life.

6. "J.E.S.U.S."
Now very popular at Christian weddings across Nigeria as the newly-wed couple cut their cake. This has taken over from the evergreen "3,2,1...". Speaking of weddings, some wack MCs now blackmail the wedding guests by saying "If you want to live to see the new year, let me see your hands up", thus punishing them for not laughing at his dry jokes. Fear has become our God.

5. "I bind you..." (AKA "Holy Ghost Fire! Fire!! Fire!!!"wink
As in, put a curse on you, or threaten you with the wrath of God if you're deemed to be disturbing them for whatever reason. For example, against jobless guys who are proposing marriage, or the Landlord who has come to collect the rent after 8 months!

4. "The Devil is a liar!"
Often used right after surviving a ghastly auto accident, general misfortune, tripping over your children's toys or mistakenly dripping peppersoup on your favourite pink T.M. Lewin shirt!

3. "In the name of Jesus..."
Also abbreviated on Facebook as "IJN" or for maximum effect "in the MIGHTY name of Jesus!". Favourite end-of-sentence soundbite for most Prosperity Pastors on television.

2. "To God be the glory"
The last line of 99.9% of Nollywood films, and fast rising closing remarks at government / corporate seminars (usually just before they share the 'gbemu' in Ghana-must-go bags)

1. "It is well"
Self explanatory enough. Classic soundbite even if it is VERY OBVIOUS that it is not well!

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind" - Robert Nesta Marley.

r231:

copy and paste FYE

grow up
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia5: 2:11am On Dec 19, 2012
r231:

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by r231(m): 2:15am On Dec 19, 2012
tpia@:

you must be an utter m.oron if you need it spelled out to you.

look at your fellow witch you invited:

bloody liar!!!!!

You still not making sense you dimwit undecided

So are you saying I go to members house to knock on their doors and ask them to come and comment on a thread undecided undecided

Last time I checked, it's a free country and there is still freedom of speech you muppet
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. by tpia5: 2:16am On Dec 19, 2012
babyosisi:

Thank god everyone sees it
i came to nairaland and started fighting out of nowhere,I am so deranged
i am a frank onyeara that needs to be chained

babyosisi the rat die I say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

"My Haters Are My Advertisers" - T.B Joshua Reveals His Church Secret / Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? / Sunday Morning: How Was Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.