Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners (13063 Views)

Ex Kaduna Governor, Makarfi, Loses His Senate Seat To His Former Commissioner / Pictures Of The New Kaduna Intra-city Air Conditioned High Speed Trains / The Transformation Of Nigeria, Part I - New Kaduna City (Master Plan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by hassymo5(m): 7:29am On Dec 20, 2012
Kaduna governor lashes commissioners

Kaduna State Governor Mukthar Ramalan Yero yesterday lashed out at members of the Executive Council, who he said never respected him as deputy to the late Governor Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa.

But, to the widow of the late governor, he expressed love and compassion, saying she should call on him anytime the family is in need.

“The government will do everything possible to ensure that the Yakowa family is comfortable,” Yero said.

The governor, who spoke at a valedictory Executive Council meeting in honour of the late Yakowa, expressed disappointment that the commissioners never regarded him and left him to be on his own as the deputy governor.

Yero said he was also disappointed at the way some of the Commissioners and members of the executive council blackmailed him before Yakowa.

According to him, before he was appointed deputy governor, the late Yakowa showed him a list of six people contesting for the position and asked for his advice on who to pick.

“I told him to allow the spirit of God in him lead him to picking somebody and he thanked me and I left,” Yero said, adding that the late Yakowa once told him that some people had asked him (Yakowa) to remove him as deputy governor.

He said that some people, including commissioners and civil servants also went to the late Yakowa to blackmail him. He thanked God that he had resolved whatever differences they had.

Yero said two weeks ago, he and the late Yakowa ironed out their grievances and resolved to work together for the development of the state.

“I told him that I was closer to him as Commissioner for Finance than as deputy governor and that it was not supposed to be so,” Yero said.

Assembly Speaker Muazu Usman Gangara, who was also present alongside some members of the Assembly, described the late Yakowa as a very good man who never intruded in the affairs of the Assembly.

The Speaker said: “Death is an inevitable act. Sir Yakowa was a very good man and he never intruded in our affairs in the House of Assembly, and he never condemned our work, not even once. He always said to us we should live in peace and interact with the people of Kaduna State and bring to them what will benefit them in peace.

“He was a man of truth. We will look for a place to place his name in our state because he is a legend so he must be remembered forever so as people who want to emulate from his good work can follow through his steps.

“My advice to the new governor, Dr. Mukthar Ramalan Yero, is that he should be the governor of people, just like the late Yakowa was. He should be there for the people of Kaduna State; he should be alert at all time; he should be ready to accept and take advice from people.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/kaduna-governor-lashes-commissioners/

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by azpekuliar: 7:33am On Dec 20, 2012
AW o! shocked Someone needs to start looking for a new job. cheesy
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by talktrue1(m): 8:06am On Dec 20, 2012
He is indirectly telling them that he needs to appoint his own loyalties
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by AbdulAdam56(m): 8:53am On Dec 20, 2012
He has to alwayz remember that,kulli nafsi za iqatul mauti,every soul wil die,lashes a commisioner that was very rude.

4 Likes

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by AbdulAdam56(m): 8:54am On Dec 20, 2012
Can some one believe me on dis?Yakowa ws the best governor in d north,am a muslim,nd he is xtian but he is better than our nothern governors,cos he reduce payment hajj pilgrims in his state,nd in fastin time he donate sadaqatul jariya @many mosque @kaduna,many things he has done that state.,truth is bitter but i have 2 let it out.

25 Likes

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 20, 2012
Abdul Adam56: He has to alwayz remember that,kulli nafsi za iqatul mauti,every soul wil die,lashes a commisioner that was very rude.

Thats Good for the commissioners....... Same way Yar'adua ministers and the ''cabals'' maltreated Jonathan when he was VP........

Nigerians are power drunk, give them a little access in the corridor of power and they will treat others they meet there like a piece of shit.......

This adage is true then;

'' Do GOOD to the people you meet on your way UP cuz you will surely meet them on ur way DOWN''

NOTHING LAST FOREVER!!!

RIP ;YAKOWA,AZAZI,SOWOLE,DABA AND THE REST!!!!!

1 Like

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2012
I see a cabinet reshuffling coming very soon... Some Babylonian Commissioners are about to be part of the Jobless Census for 2013.. The New governor should tighten the states finances as mass looting is going on now even as we speak.. They will loot and blame it on Yekowa..

2 Likes

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Tolexander: 10:09am On Dec 20, 2012
a ti toje bo oloosa lowo, o ku baba eni ti yio bo.
Ti owo eni ba ti te eku ida ni a ma n bere iku ti o pa baba eni!
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2012
Sir, you are now the executive governor. Dissolve the cabinet and bring in your own people. People will never learn, never look down on anyone especially in politics. Is Jonathan not good enough example, he was the deputy governor that was ignored at political meetings, for the most part it was Mike who had his time and see where the relationship has led today.

Yokowa is dead and if his cabinet is useless to you, then send them packing.
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:24am On Dec 20, 2012
Three gbosa for him for speaking out is mind.
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by fkaz(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2012
donroxy:

Thats Good for the commissioners....... Same way Yar'adua ministers and the ''cabals'' maltreated Jonathan when he was VP........

Nigerians are power drunk, give them a little access in the corridor of power and the will treat others they meet there like a piece of shit.......

This adage is true then;

'' Do GOOD to the people you meet on your way UP cuz yoy will surely meet them on ur way DOWN''

NOTHING LAST FOREVER!!!

RIP ;YAKOWA,AZAZI,SOWOLE,DABA AND THE REST!!!!!
Now dat he has the power, hope the new governor will not endup like jona?
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 20, 2012
fkaz:
Now dat he has the power, hope the new governor will not endup like jona?

how'l I know my brother!!!!
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Geomac: 11:25am On Dec 20, 2012
Okija_juju: I see a cabinet reshuffling coming very soon... Some Babylonian Commissioners are about to be part of the Jobless Census for 2013.. The New governor should tighten the states finances as mass looting is going on now even as we speak.. They will loot and blame it on Yekowa..

They can't loot the treasury, he knows the game. He was once the Commissioner for Finance. He was a nice guy when he was the Commissioner under Arc. Namadi Sambo and i believe that he is still nice. It is certain that the cabinet must be reshuffled as quick as possible if he wants to be in charge of the State.
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Goldieluks: 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
The ball is in your court. You can play it to right, left, middle or even into
a basin of garri Sir.

1 Like

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by ektbear: 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2012
Sounds like a petty and vindictive man.

How much attention were they supposed to pay to a powerless, toothless deputy governor?

3 Likes

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Trut(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2012
Hehehe grin ... Those commissioners that played HANKY PANKY with him go hia MWEEEEEEEEEEEEE grin grin grin

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by slimming: 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2012
That is how time and things changes without our input only God knows.
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Arizona1: 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2012
When the music changes, dancing steps change as well( ebughalia egwu, ebughalia onodu)
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by pippen213(m): 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
This governor is not serious at all. If he had been active enough wot would have brot bout blackmail as he claims. So now is the time for retribution. Make dem check dat guy he mite have contributed to the death of yekowa. This country sef na wa. Go go help us.
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by hajbash: 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Can some one believe me on dis?Yakowa ws the best governor in d north,am a muslim,nd he is xtian but he is better than our nothern governors,cos he reduce payment hajj pilgrims in his state,nd in fastin time he donate sadaqatul jariya @many mosque @kaduna,many things he has done that state.,truth is bitter but i have 2 let it out.
u are a lier,I will only agree with u when u said yakowa is very simple,tolerant and patience governor but the best governor now in northern nigeria is kwankwaso! Go kano and see transformation. I don't know wether u know kaduna much yet we don't have tab water,we only depend on borhole

3 Likes

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Renew2: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
Hmm!
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by DANILSA(m): 1:10pm On Dec 20, 2012
[b]WHO SAYS GOODWILL DOES NOT PAY? [/b]EVERYBODY HAVE BEEN COMMENDING THE MAN(YAKOWA) ALTHOUGH AM NOT RELATED TO HIM I WEPT WHEN I HEARD ABOUT HIS DEATH, HOPE OTHERS WILL EMULATE HIS GOOD WORKS, A MAN THAT DID NOT DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS.EVERYBODY MUST DIE, BUT ITS IMPORTANT THAT WE HAVE A GOOD NAME.
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by stineb1: 1:10pm On Dec 20, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Can some one believe me on dis?Yakowa ws the best governor in d north,am a muslim,nd he is xtian but he is better than our nothern governors,cos he reduce payment hajj pilgrims in his state,nd in fastin time he donate sadaqatul jariya @many mosque @kaduna,many things he has done that state.,truth is bitter but i have 2 let it out.
You are suppose to tell us this when he was still alive. Your type are one of the problems of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by nass07(m): 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2012
Some commissioners better start seeking for job elsewhere before the delete button is punched. They know themselves.
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by buJu234: 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2012
why are all these northern leaders always like doing things like MY PEOPLE; if u re not 4rm my ward nothing 4 u whyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by mallorca(m): 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2012
stine b:
You are suppose to tell us this when he was still alive. Your type are one of the problems of Nigeria

Lol@ your type are one of the problems of Nigeria
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by mmmustapha(m): 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
UR excellency the first man to Sack is our useless SSG Sama'ila yakawada follow by dat bunch of criminals call themselves commissioners
Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by Geomac: 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
hajbash: u are a lier,I will only agree with u when u said yakowa is very simple,tolerant and patience governor but the best governor now in northern nigeria is kwankwaso! Go kano and see transformation. I don't know wether u know kaduna much yet we don't have tab water,we only depend on borhole

That is not completely true. We have Pipe borne water in Narayi, Narayi High Cost and i am sure they have in Barnawa too.

1 Like

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by heroofnigeria: 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2012
NAIJA

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by kulikuli26: 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
this is a very unfortunate statement at a time when the state is mourning the loss of a great leader, why should the Gov use this avenue to vent wateva frustration he had with the commissioners during yakowa, its obvious this Yero cant make a good leader.

1 Like

Re: New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners by oxyG: 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
If this is true,Yero is stupid

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha Formally Joins APC / Monkeypox Scare: Wike Works With IPOB - Rivers APC / Rilwan Akiolu To Atiku: You Will Fail At Election Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.