Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? (4169 Views)

How Can Buhari Use Information Technology To Reduce Corruption? / Reduce Corruption In Nigeria!!!!! / What Role Does Philosophy Play In Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by ffo(m): 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
u r invited

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by pmm3(m): 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
;DCorruption is a nature somtin bt can stop throug dis method..d simplest way is 2 mak me d President ;DCorruption is a nature somtin bt can stop throug dis method..d simplest way is 2 mak me d President
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by AGgal(f): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
Live ur lyf or die trying. Naija no go change
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by initiate: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2012
here is the recruitment process in nigeria army

The recruitment
process as full of opportunities for corruption as each
potential recruit has to get a series of signatures on a form
-- and each signature requires a bribe. The total amount of
bribes can be significant and the young recruit certainly
won't have that amount of money (If he did, he wouldn't be
enlisting). The British DATT offered an anecdotal account of
one "system" set up to work around this problem: A potential
recruit will find a serving soldier and "rent" his weapon.
The recruit will then use the weapon to commit enough armed
robberies to collect the funds necessary to pay all of the
necessary bribes and the rental fee for the weapon. Once the
soldier is in the Army, he will then rent his weapon out to
future recruits, and the system lives on.

source: http://wikileaks.org/cable/2005/06/05ABUJA970.html

so do you think we can stamp out corruption and criminality in Nigeria?
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by since1914(m): 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
AjanleKoko: It's a tough question.
Because bribe-giving is simply not that anymore. It's more or less extortion these days. You would never get anything done, or even likely get sabotaged if you don't 'tip' someone, especially when it comes to doing stuff with government.

I agree that most Nigerians are corrupt. We are slaves of our bellies. Over the years, there's been a systematic dehumanization of Nigerian people, to the point where we are enslaved by our own mindset, and see no value in anything that does not yield to one's personal pocket. I honestly doubt that things can be different in the current makeup of Nigeria. Some kind of political restructuring, maybe a breakup, is what we need.

I agree with you, but our problem isn't corruption itself but 'Naked Greed'. Greasing the palms of Government officials has become almost an unstated norm around the world. Just that elsewhere, people are more disciplined and conscientious when dealing with their fellow country-men. As we speak this very moment. It is common Knowledge in China that if your relative was to undergo a surgery or any major operation in a Government owned hospital, it was in your best interest to take a 'Red Packet' to Doctors performing the surgery before hand or else, they might do a 'careless' job. The problem we have in this country is that, the effects of poverty has eaten too deep into the Brain cells of most Nigerians that the moment they sight money they want to get constipated and belch loudly before they are satisfied.

I once heard of a former Governor that has two Maybachs of different colours. Why would a normal person want to buy two very expensive cars of the same model on the same day? Why should a normal person whom is not into the Property business just buy-up hundreds of properties, just like that. Some of them have never being occupied till this day.

The truth is that Corruption will never be stamped-out completely. People only need to learn "The Art of contentment'.

By the way, I saw this hilarious cartoon a few days ago somewhere.

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 23, 2012
ffo:

You giving a bribe makes you CORRUPT, u are not helping matters by giving bribes.

Look nigga, if you've ever been accosted by a culprit with a gun, tell the culprit that you "don't want to be corrupt".

I'll meet you in yeye orisha's paradise.
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by ffo(m): 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Look nigga, if you've ever been accosted by a culprit with a gun, tell the culprit that you "don't want to be corrupt".

I'll meet you in yeye orisha's paradise.

wat hapens if he stil kills u after giving d bribe? Were wil u be? Wat legacy hav u left behind?
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
ffo:

wat hapens if he stil kills u after giving d bribe? Were wil u be? Wat legacy hav u left behind?

Giving bribe = 50/50 chance of making it alive

Not giving bribe - 100% chance of not making it alive.

I'll take my risk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria & Israel To Sign Bilateral Air Services Agreement / A Short Letter To Late Umaru Musa Yar'adua / Nigerians Should Be On Alert!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.