Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" (14807 Views)

Please Who Should Care More In Friendship Weather Guys Or Gals. / Why Are Ladies Parasitic In Friendship??? / When Is The Right Time To Ask A Lady's Hand In Friendship.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by kagari: 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
edelweiss: I have never being able to start from friendship to romantic, because I have never being able to switch on that thing. The moment I take u as a friend its friends for life.but when I think I want to date u, then I date and create friendship in the relationship.

End of discussion. U make sence die
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by WuzilistiQ(m): 2:00am On Dec 23, 2012
An intimate relationship should start from casual friendship.......simple.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by benbrains(m): 3:01am On Dec 23, 2012
jhydebaba: It works in this order...

1. S3x
2. Relationship
3. Friends

Can we all just stop quoting dis rI-tAd... he wanted an attention, and he s got it.
At first, i thought there was sence in hs nonsence, nw it s confirmed.
... it s all CRAP!
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by buchostags(m): 8:00am On Dec 23, 2012
lola.luv:
Yes, I believe in being friends before dating.

Personally, I don't give my trust easily. It is earned and you earn it when I relate to you as a friend, seeing how you treat others apart from me.

That way, the roots of love grow deep in the fertile field of friendship.

Most times, we are all too quick in jumping into a relationship, then we find out nasty things about the person, we find out we are not compatible, the person is insultive etc and then we start thinking of how to quit.

But as friends, you access this person to see if their worthy to be let into your life.

Any guy that asks me out, I request we relate first as friends, but I give him a SPECIFIC time he could expect an answer.

Pretending is out of it because he doesn't know what I'm looking for. And I'm the type who can tell a person's character by hanging out with them a few times.

#myopinion.
gud tuk but u r just a gal n an african gal at tht...probably u stl gat dose btiful deep african morals but for us in d street morals in gone outta d window. so we do sex n if its wot keepin we go wt a rltnshp n if we broke up we act matured n bcum frnds... call on bdays but nt aniversaries
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by buchostags(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2012
lola.luv:

It depends on the person.
There was this guy I knew. One day, I had a luggage (was supposed to bike) but decided to walk home with it so I could clear my thoughts as I had just lost my best friend in an accident and was depressed and sad.
This guy came to help me with it and spoke to me in such a soothing way that I felt so much better. He only turned back in front of my gate.
Next I needed a book for an exam, he got it for me from a friend and dropped it off. We interacted on and off and got to know each other without him asking me out; he was so supportive. The day he did, I said yes because I already knew what he was about, a good man. So in his case, almost immediately.

Then, the case of my secret admirer. He saw me at an occasion and liked me. He got my number from a mutual friend and started calling me, right off the bat asking me for commitment. Pesin wey I no know, I refused!

So it was decided to wait till we could see face to face and to relate before then. It took months for us to see and when we did, we had already become somewhat chummy and my friend had spoken to me about him, so I felt more comfortable with him and he also got to really know me too. I wasn't in a relationship and to be fair to him, didn't go into any.
Note: If a guy didn't have potential with me, I wouldn't keep him hanging. I don't do that.
sum tyms u mite b tempted to keep d cash flow hangin n nt d person *winks*
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by buchostags(m): 8:16am On Dec 23, 2012
lola.luv:

It depends on the person.
There was this guy I knew. One day, I had a luggage (was supposed to bike) but decided to walk home with it so I could clear my thoughts as I had just lost my best friend in an accident and was depressed and sad.
This guy came to help me with it and spoke to me in such a soothing way that I felt so much better. He only turned back in front of my gate.
Next I needed a book for an exam, he got it for me from a friend and dropped it off. We interacted on and off and got to know each other without him asking me out; he was so supportive. The day he did, I said yes because I already knew what he was about, a good man. So in his case, almost immediately.

Then, the case of my secret admirer. He saw me at an occasion and liked me. He got my number from a mutual friend and started calling me, right off the bat asking me for commitment. Pesin wey I no know, I refused!

So it was decided to wait till we could see face to face and to relate before then. It took months for us to see and when we did, we had already become somewhat chummy and my friend had spoken to me about him, so I felt more comfortable with him and he also got to really know me too. I wasn't in a relationship and to be fair to him, didn't go into any.
Note: If a guy didn't have potential with me, I wouldn't keep him hanging. I don't do that.
babe u r on key but u forgot to mention tht u gals r d peeps dat invented d dreaded *friend zone* u dnt want me to explain tht ryt na...n fyi we dnt do it accordin to d books we do it accordin to d street
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by buchostags(m): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2012
use d power of attraction to make d gal cum to u den get in her pants. make her understnd tht its just d game den if she wants more of d candy bar increase supply den if u r safe n cool wt d way thns r goin, whn she suggests relationship play along...always keep ur head in d game...n anoda thn keep ur feelin bottled up n parked at d bottom of ur biggest box. dnt let it out cos gals of nowadays no dey fear God
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by ceaser: 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
dmcdad:
Friendship before relationship kor, friendship before relationship ni.
Na wa o. You dey vex fa.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by dmcdad: 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
ceaser:
Na wa o. You dey vex fa.

Guy! It's not as if I am perturbed or angered by this phenomenon, but the thing is; this is a pretty common theme in many romantic movies… You see the nice guy becoming friends with the girl….He does everything to keep her happy and eventually they fall in love and live happily ever after.

Now reality doesn’t really work that way, and in fact in reality it’s the exact opposite of what you see in the movies, because once you fall
into the “friends zone” the female will never see you as a potential lover.

In the end, you will always be considered as just a friend, and she will only treat you like one of her girlfriends in a male form and nothing more.

In fact, when you make your move or try to let her know that you are interested in more than just friendship, she would freak out and would most probably avoid you from that point on.

Fact- Never be friends with a woman if you want to be her lover.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
Only because they don't want to lose a good friend if the relationship goes bad.

dmcdad:

Guy! It's not as if I am perturbed or angered by this phenomenon, but the thing is; this is a pretty common theme in many romantic movies… You see the nice guy becoming friends with the girl….He does everything to keep her happy and eventually they fall in love and live happily ever after.

Now reality doesn’t really work that way, and in fact in reality it’s the exact opposite of what you see in the movies, because once you fall
into the “friends zone” the female will never see you as a potential lover.

In the end, you will always be considered as just a friend, and she will only treat you like one of her girlfriends in a male form and nothing more.

In fact, when you make your move or try to let her know that you are interested in more than just friendship, she would freak out and would most probably avoid you from that point on.

Fact- Never be friends with a woman if you want to be her lover.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by dmcdad: 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
SniperInADiaper: Only because they don't want to lose a good friend if the relationship goes bad.

If the relationship goes bad? That is pessimism. That's balderdash to me. If I come for friendship, then we can be in for friendship. Nut if I come for a relationship and she ain't dispose to accept me, then we go our separate ways. What am I doing with a lady's friendship?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
dmcdad:

If the relationship goes bad? That is pessimism. That's balderdash to me. If I come for friendship, then we can be in for friendship. Nut if I come for a relationship and she ain't dispose to accept me, then we go our separate ways. What am I doing with a lady's friendship?
undecided what if things change and you and your friend want to pursue a relationship?
Just because you are friends with somebody doesn't mean you can't be something else later.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by dmcdad: 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
SniperInADiaper:
undecided what if things change and you and your friend want to pursue a relationship?
Just because you are friends with somebody doesn't mean you can't be something else later.

Are you saying whenever you have a chance of going into a relationship with a guy, u be-cloud your mind with pessimism and premonitions

Buh, you will also agree with me that in often cases, friends from the outset might mean friends forever. What would a guy do at such juncture?

Don't you realise that there are dangerz that lie in being friends first especially on the part of the guy?

Please, see right through me and understand where I am driving at.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Abbey2sam(m): 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
lola.luv:
Yes, I believe in being friends before dating.

Personally, I don't give my trust easily. It is earned and you earn it when I relate to you as a friend, seeing how you treat others apart from me.

That way, the roots of love grow deep in the fertile field of friendship.

Most times, we are all too quick in jumping into a relationship, then we find out nasty things about the person, we find out we are not compatible, the person is insultive etc and then we start thinking of how to quit.

But as friends, you access this person to see if their worthy to be let into your life.

Any guy that asks me out, I request we relate first as friends, but I give him a SPECIFIC time he could expect an answer.

Pretending is out of it because he doesn't know what I'm looking for. And I'm the type who can tell a person's character by hanging out with them a few times.

#myopinion.
Rubbbbish,starting as a friend will only make you a very good friend to that person, mostly with girls you end up in the friends ZONE.
While in the friend ZONE one sharp guy will just be phurking her pussy
......hahaha
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
Of course I understand what you mean... sending you a pm......

dmcdad:

Are you saying whenever you have a chance of going into a relationship with a guy, u be-cloud your mind with pessimism and premonitions

Buh, you will also agree with me that in often cases, friends from the outset might mean friends forever. What would a guy do at such juncture?

Don't you realise that there are dangerz that lie in being friends first especially on the part of the guy?

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by ceaser: 8:40am On Dec 24, 2012
dmcdad:

All your replies have actually mirrored my own side to the issue. I've had personal experiences of ladies using annoying terms to wash down guys' romantic relationships with 'em. A lady we've dated for about 9 months (s3x-free though grin) gave me the shivers when she replied to my own "I love you baby" with her own version. Guess what it was? "I APPRECIATE you too" - trying to avoid the use of the L- word. What in the hell! Whatever that means. I simply told her- "girl, do i look daft to you? Cos I the last time I checked, love and appreciate doesn't share the same meaning". That point on I got suspicious and later discovered she was slugging it out with a US based eastern bro each time they both travel to the village december for the yuletide (I'm from south west).

Of course I nursed my wounds for few months and got off on another footing and tried to be closer home this time around. Well, I'd say the friend zone part was rather blurry cos we got to like each other almost immediately. Her cold feet again in six months and I was again battling to save my treasured relationship. Damning the effects on me, she broke up saying she needed SOME TIME AND SPACE to re-structure....whatever that means (I suspected she had to do this as she was going for NYSC and wanted a taste of the free life out there and i was still in my 5th year of a bloody 6yr course). Funny thing is she promised we could resume our odessey later on but wanted us to REMAIN AS FRIENDS while she "timed and spaced" it out, playing on my naivety and inexperience. Silly me, I called every other day for several months (oh my pocket money and feeding allowances, dang!). Through perhaps some act of divine providence, I broke free of her bondage and was free to have a promising relationship. In exactly two years after she came knocking, apologising and chanting the mantra - "CAN WE BE FRIENDS AGAIN?" wtf, we've never been enemies before, have we? "Friends" gini? Tufiakwa! This gender, or maybe most of 'em, don't seem to get tired of that line o' lyrics, do they? Friends ko, friends ni! Why make friends with a girl if not for a relationship. That's why the only female friend I'll always have will be my wife.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by dmcdad: 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
ceaser:
All your replies have actually mirrored my own side to the issue. I've had personal experiences of ladies using annoying terms to wash down guys' romantic relationships with 'em. A lady we've dated for about 9 months (s3x-free though grin) gave me the shivers when she replied to my own "I love you baby" with her own version. Guess what it was? "I APPRECIATE you too" - trying to avoid the use of the L- word. What in the hell! Whatever that means. I simply told her- "girl, do i look daft to you? Cos I the last time I checked, love and appreciate doesn't share the same meaning". That point on I got suspicious and later discovered she was slugging it out with a US based eastern bro each time they both travel to the village december for the yuletide (I'm from south west).

Of course I nursed my wounds for few months and got off on another footing and tried to be closer home this time around. Well, I'd say the friend zone part was rather blurry cos we got to like each other almost immediately. Her cold feet again in six months and I was again battling to save my treasured relationship. Damning the effects on me, she broke up saying she needed SOME TIME AND SPACE to re-structure....whatever that means (I suspected she had to do this as she was going for NYSC and wanted a taste of the free life out there and i was still in my 5th year of a bloody 6yr course). Funny thing is she promised we could resume our odessey later on but wanted us to REMAIN AS FRIENDS while she "timed and spaced" it out, playing on my naivety and inexperience. Silly me, I called every other day for several months (oh my pocket money and feeding allowances, dang!). Through perhaps some act of divine providence, I broke free of her bondage and was free to have a promising relationship. In exactly two years after she came knocking, apologising and chanting the mantra - "CAN WE BE FRIENDS AGAIN?" wtf, we've never been enemies before, have we? "Friends" gini? Tufiakwa! This gender, or maybe most of 'em, don't seem to get tired of that line o' lyrics, do they? Friends ko, friends ni! Why make friends with a girl if not for a relationship. That's why the only female friend I'll always have will be my wife.

Gbam!!! You have actually learnt from the school of hard knocks too. I think with your experience, you can tell a lot of people how its going with the friend thing.. But for me, I have never been into that zone, and will never be relegated to that zone..

What is wrong with being friends as we are in a relationship? Because friendship cuts across every other form of intimacy, be it friends, lovers, families, relatives and so on... I think its rather over-emphasized... More like an escape root for them gurlz
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by dmcdad: 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
Abbey2sam:
Rubbbbish,starting as a friend will only make you a very good friend to that person, mostly with girls you end up in the friends ZONE.
While in the friend ZONE one sharp guy will just be phurking her pussy
......hahaha

Gbam!!!
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by buchostags(m): 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
SniperInADiaper:
havent u hrd its d most dangerous to turn friend into lover?
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by mecussey(m): 9:25am On Dec 28, 2012
I advise guys to always act like male animals, women usually pick offence when you act alpha but they usually come back. If she does not, then she didnt like you the first place, just move.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by edelweiss(f): 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
kagari:

End of discussion. U make sence die
yes oo
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 03, 2013
wink
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 6:47am On Dec 14, 2016
k2039:

Gbamest.

Why on earth should I have to wait for a girl for a decade before she says yes(waiting is a big risk on it's own, when I'm not even sure she will say yes), besides she will get comfortable with being friends and friend zone me.
You dread dat Zone.. Lol
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by donMIG(m): 7:32am On Dec 14, 2016
I dont blv in it...but d sh!t works dou
Long cut i begdown or not...if no moe on to next target
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 8:06am On Dec 14, 2016
Nice read..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Tribe Their Girls Gives The Best Sex? / This Is What We Call A Magnificent Thick Ass / My Boyfriend Said He Needs A Break

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.