Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,511 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" (14801 Views)

Please Who Should Care More In Friendship Weather Guys Or Gals. / Why Are Ladies Parasitic In Friendship??? / When Is The Right Time To Ask A Lady's Hand In Friendship.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by penzino(m): 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
jhydebaba: It works in this order...

1. S3x
2. Relationship
3. Friends
ode.....
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
lola.luv:
Yes, I believe in being friends before dating.

Personally, I don't give my trust easily. It is earned and you earn it when I relate to you as a friend, seeing how you treat others apart from me.

That way, the roots of love grow deep in the fertile field of friendship.

Most times, we are all too quick in jumping into a relationship, then we find out nasty things about the person, we find out we are not compatible, the person is insultive etc and then we start thinking of how to quit.

But as friends, you access this person to see if their worthy to be let into your life.

Any guy that asks me out, I request we relate first as friends, but I give him a SPECIFIC time he could expect an answer.

Pretending is out of it because he doesn't know what I'm looking for. And I'm the type who can tell a person's character by hanging out with them a few times.

#myopinion.
. I quite agree wt u. But it doesnt work out dt way for some. Believe me! I started on d friendship level wt my girl 4 1.5 yrs b4 we got into d relationship thing. But believe me things has nosedived. It makes me wonder what d essence of being friends after i discovered dt she totally changed for d worse after we entered d relationship.Im still sweating tho but its not easy at all compared wt then. Bottom line is what works for some dont work for others as regards d motive.Dir is no manual as to how something should be.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by cap28: 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
jhydebaba: It works in this order...

1. S3x
2. Relationship
3. Friends

so that means you run your life in reverse - because what you set out up there is in reverse order.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by IncomeTutor: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2012
Every friendship and relationship has a purpose.
Not every friendship should gravitate to a
relationship.

And you can quit anytime if you are not
comfortable with turn of events. After all,
that is why marriage of 25 years break up.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
4get any of these love tips nd sh.ts. In real life, anyWAY is a WAY! Bt a long-lasting relationship requires friendship (understanding, tolerating, believing, needing, wanting, lusting, trusting) before or after sex.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by dmcdad: 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
[b]It depends on different individuals... Some gurls like it that way; that is, to be friends from the outset, and then going further to be lovers. Other gurls don't like that, as friends from the beginning will always be friends and nothing more.. This is borne out of the variant nature of gurls.

Personally, if I come for a relationship and you decide to keep me at bay, I'd gladly forfeit everything cause if I needed to be just friends with a gurl, I think I would just do that from the outset and kill any hopes of having something more to do with her. Buh on the other hand, it's either we are in a relationship or we are apart from each-other in every way.. I seldom keep friends with females, buh if I have a gurl-friend, she automatically becomes my friend; and not just my friend, but my best friend as well as my lover.

So, if you are a gurl and you expect me to wait while you do whatever you like all in the name of going by convention (making the guy wait), you are on your own. After-all, no be by force (just tell me say you no want so that I go lock up, as "I no buy, I no sell no dey cause wahala"wink. I always give a considerable time of about 2 weeks, if that's not enough to make her decide, then she can f**k-off!!! More-over, I have got nothing to lose...

Friendship before relationship kor, friendship before relationship ni.
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Johnson6: 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
most of u in nairaland are just kids.there sum of us who are master in d game.a girl can't get d real me no mata hw long u'r my friend.even my girl of so many yrs don't d oda side of me.Yield,com and b my friend
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by dmcdad: 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
Pyrrho: 4get any of these love tips nd sh.ts. In real life, anyWAY is a WAY! Bt a long-lasting relationship requires friendship (understanding, tolerating, believing, needing, wanting, lusting, trusting) before or after sex.

Gbam!!! things happen dynamically in real world scenarios...
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by dmcdad: 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
John_son: most of u in nairaland are just kids.there sum of us who are master in d game.a girl can't get d real me no mata hw long u'r my friend.even my girl of so many yrs don't d oda side of me.Yield,com and b my friend

Thats one thing alot of gurlz don't know. If you decide to keep a guy at the friend zone in hopes that you will get to know him well before taking it to the next level, some guyz are just too intelligent that they would always play on gurls' intelligence. Make them relax jare. Which kind friends wan be that one...?
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by GentleNaaz(m): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
Exponental: Marriage first, then courtship, relationship, friendship......ship ship!

Ur question get as e be? How on earth wont u be a friend before being a relationship.....is dat desperation or wat?
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by GentleNaaz(m): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
Exponental: Marriage first, then courtship, relationship, friendship......ship ship!

Ur question get as e be? How on earth wont u be a friend before being a relationship.....is dat desperation or wat?
ask am o
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by shadrach77: 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
like i said once on this forum, i don;t believe in the idea of friendship before relationship. Have you noticed that most times, it is the ladies who prefer friendship first? The reason for this is because it gives them the leeway to source out many other suitors while keeping you by the sideline. Notice, your so-called female "friend" would never call you but would expect you to be the one calling her always. The popular reason they (women) give is, 'let's be friends so that we can know ourselves better'. How can you "know" someone if you are not fully involved with them?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by GentleNaaz(m): 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by maygah(f): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
Use to
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by dabrake(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
That has always been my model. I won't just see any girl on the road and just ask her out. We have to be friends. I need to understand you well before going out with you. I need to be sure we will be compatible, I need to be sure we share almost the same philosophies/principles or we could adapt to each, I need to be sure we will vibrate at the same frequency . . . Unfortunately, most times, we get so close that it becomes obvious we would be better off as friends. It gets to a point where I can't ask her out again. It gets to that point whereby you will be disappointed if the other person asks you out. Funny enough, while you won't ask her out, you will be hoping another man won't but when it finally happens, you cry(that's when (s)he will know the other person there loved you), get over the heartbreak and life goes on.

Though some girls wicked sha. They will give the guy pseudo-hope so as to use him distract other guys . . .

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2012

it is called pre relationship u dnt go into a relationship with a gal u hardly know unless u are only interesting in intimacy imagin looking for true love or a gal 2 marry and u meet a gal u know nothing about her and u ask her out only to discover na ashawo she be after some months into una relationship
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
k2039:
That shouldn't be to hard for you to figure, a prostitut.e will be the denominator to his post.
I thot as much myself
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by thehunted(m): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
rubbish. what most babes do is that they will continue to milk you while you wait and watch some other guys sleep with them. I dont have that time to waste. I always want to sleep with her and get the whole relationship thing done with. tongue
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
Exponental:
if d op feels some steps need 2 be skipped, I rather advise he starts from d end.
lol,dat can't be right!
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by bongila(f): 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
Friends first before relationship. My boo and I started out as friends,talked all the time and generally got to know ourselves. We just drifted into a relationship and it's been pure bliss,we communicate well and since he knows a little of me and vice versa
We sync well. Today,we are engaged and taking the big step soonest.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by huninaija(f): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
I think it depends on the situation at hand,like for example you've known this person since secondary school/college and develop interests in each other as more than friends i believe this is one of the benefits of having a long lasting friendship/relationship. If on the other hand you met this said person at your place of work, church and they both know what they want, please tell me what the benefit of being friends are in this scenario as a mature people??
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by edelweiss(f): 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
I have never being able to start from friendship to romantic, because I have never being able to switch on that thing. The moment I take u as a friend its friends for life.but when I think I want to date u, then I date and create friendship in the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by thehunted(m): 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
bongila: Friends first before relationship. My boo and I started out as friends,talked all the time and generally got to know ourselves. We just drifted into a relationship and it's been pure bliss,we communicate well and since he knows a little of me and vice versa
We sync well. Today,we are engaged and taking the big step soonest.

poor boy. he must have waited while u were being hammered by someone else. some guys were born dull.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by safarigirl(f): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
This is something I wholly support, there's a sense of familiariyy bertween both bparties when they begin as friends, you see no purpose for deceit cos you've both learned most, if not all there is to learn from each other.

There is no need for pretences like acting as though you're related to Dangote, when you can barely afford garri or constructing fake accents cos you're both fully aware of the other person's situation.

Mostly, there won't be any 'he said, she said' gist, no room for rumour mongers to sow seeds of mistrust between you both cos you know what the other is capable of.

I can't date a guy I haven't been friends with for a minimum of 3 mobths.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by chikeorji123(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
ceewai lebi: I-dont-get-u.Lez-say-u-see-a-girl-u-wanna-marry-now,U-just-marry-her-without-trying-2-b-her-friend-first? shocked;Are-u-serious?

l guess his's joking
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by chikeorji123(m): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
Been friends -then relationship- marriage.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Hardfact: 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
That's the natural order. Friendship first.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
for me that is a MUST.

By friendship, I don't mean we are childhood friends. tongue I don't even mean friends as adults. This can even happen with a total stranger who shows interest in you. . .either way, the rules/steps to knowing if it's really meant to be are still the same:

Establish some sort of bond or commonality between the two of you before you make it official. You should compare your likes, wants, goals and desires to see if they are similar. Ask questions while watching their demeanor (very important!). If this person is truly into you, what you like and have no problems with your imperfections then that's someone who is TRULY a friend and lover.

But don't rush! It takes time to truly get to know someone.
Treat your heart like a worthy investment and do the research. Again....make sure you ask those deep questions and watch how this person reacts to you being YOU.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
Gentle Naaz: I ws kept in FRIEND ZONE 4 2 yrs while i ws tryn 2 b friend b4 relatioshp. Tank God i leta escape wn i began 2 display my alpha man. Since dn no mor friendshp b4 relatnshp. If she agrees 2day, d nxt 3 weeks, hugn n kisn don folo. D nxt 1 mnt, s3x continues. Lif is 2 short,no dulling.
Lol and you think you are spending the time well? I don't call a girl my girlfriend in dating terms unless I've totally explored her. It is as short as same day the moment she agrees but then again I don't formally ask out, waiting for a reply.

Most guys don't actually realise some girls have high li bi do too and want it probably even more than you do. The day guys realise this, relationships will become a breeze. Mind you treat girls right o and you can never really tell which girl you will totally fall into.

Just be her friend and make sexual advances, she will give you time to fill in all the asking out talk if you like but then you will be moving a lot faster. When lucky, you could meet her same day and have her same day-definitely not my style when I really want a relationship. When I do, I start dragging things and following the norm of asking out and being all good.
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
blink182: Lol and you think you are spending the time well? [size=18pt]I don't call a girl my girlfriend in dating terms unless I've totally explored her.[/size] It is as short as same day the moment she agrees but then again I don't formally ask out, waiting for a reply.

Most guys don't actually realise some girls have high li bi do too and want it probably even more than you do. The day guys realise this, relationships will become a breeze. Mind you treat girls right o and you can never really tell which girl you will totally fall into.

Just be her friend and make sexual advances, she will give you time to fill in all the asking out talk if you like but then you will be moving a lot faster. When lucky, you could meet her same day and have her same day-definitely not my style when I really want a relationship. When I do, I start dragging things and following the norm of asking out and being all good.

nice. smiley
if by "exploring her" you mean psychologically then you are on the right track!! smiley
Re: Do You Believe In "Friendship Before Relationship?" by Hysteria: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
Yes please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Na Wa For Men Ooooo / TIGHT PÙSSY Women Only [PICTURE] / No Guts No Glory Part II (guys Show Off)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.