Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:57 AM

This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! - Jokes Etc (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! (32221 Views)

Akpors The Best English Teacher!!! U Go Fear 2much Gbagaun / Gbagaun Villa / Dame Patience Jonathan With Her Dana Air Crash Gbagaun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by born2boink(m): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2012
mortee:

I make money from correcting gbagaun, so I am happy in my job and very fulfilled. And in my original post, I offered to help the guy 'write right'.
why not fight forr local government chairman in your community, correct your life errors because pointing into other people mistakes won't make difference in their life, only their account and families matter to them
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Bokoharam: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2012
I see many of such in interview sessions and even banks daily. That is what happens when attention shifts from foundational issues to materialism. This is just the beginning. I foresee a time in the near future when even the president, governors and state/national assembly members in Nigeria would write and speak like that, when the so-called youths take over power. Nigerias sure needs a holistic overhaul and liberation in all ramifications.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by born2boink(m): 8:08am On Dec 24, 2012
Bokoharam: I see many of such in interview sessions and even banks daily. That is what happens when attention shifts from foundational issues to materialism. This is just the beginning. I foresee a time in the near future when even the president, governors and state/national assembly members in Nigeria would write and speak like that, when the so-called youths take over power. Nigerias sure needs a holistic overhaul and liberation in all ramifications.
see useless bokoharam, your days are number, I heard you people just bomb kano?
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Classicalman(m): 9:29am On Dec 24, 2012
At least he passed his message across. All y all hating on him may not even speak better English. Get a life y all.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by mortee: 10:08am On Dec 24, 2012
HARDDON: already to razed to be fazed .

Too laced to be traced .

Who da heck kares abt dis crazy F'ed up language?

Roll it up and beat it döwn . Squeeze it, if you may .

But вч all means, Kip killin it

On a crz note now, nxt time translate dis into your moda Tongue b4 Ʊ spill it here

Take the lead.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by mortee: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2012
born2fuck: why not fight local government chairman in your community, correct your life errors because pointing into other people mistakes won't make difference in their life, only their account and families matter to them

#didyoupostanything?#
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by mortee: 10:15am On Dec 24, 2012
born2fuck: why not fight forr local government chairman in your community, correct your life errors because pointing into other people mistakes won't make difference in their life, only their account and families matter to them

By their usernames you shall know them...

Making my life error-free is what I do by identifying my skill and passion, and pursuing it to make a difference in my life and in the lives of other people who pay me to edit theit works because they want to make a difference in the world through their writings.
2013 is almost here, make serious plans to be relevant outside of Nairaland.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Jaggiey: 11:16am On Dec 24, 2012
I have not had the patience to read all the comments but the problem is identifiable. It is no laughing matter;Nigeria should actually weep. Our future and the future of our children will largely depend on how much we invest in education. Spoken/written English errors are only a symptom of the greater ill that has bedevilled our learning system. No nation has attained greatness without educating its people. It is not in the mass of numbers but the quality of the mass or populace. Look at China, India, Brazil, Indonesia or Malaysia, there strength lies not only in their numbers but even more, the depth of knowledge they have attained. For us to break out of underdevelopment, our government must MASSIVELY invest in education. Take statistics of our public schools, what can you find? Nothing. The schools are dilapidated, the teachers are not well paid so good hands are not longer in the system, no room for knowledge to thrive. Not many graduates desire to become teachers so it may then become the space for the uncooked graduates( no attempt to belittle them here!).What is the result? Gabbage in, gabbage out. I weep cry. Let us laugh less, let us be sobber, let us work more. The leaders who made the mark in our history enjoyed free education. But what do we have now, only private schools. Sometimes, I am tempted to think the ruling class deliberately destroyed the educational system to increase the gap between the rich and the poor. How? Knowledge liberates. If there are few people in school, it is easy to continue to steal without opposition or manipulate the following. To buttress this, consider the US government or any advanced government, it is never easy for the government to misbehave because the informed populace will ask questions. Education is the only leveler. It can even out the gap between the rich and the poor; and can also close the gap between the advanced and underdeveloped nations. Until Nigeria gives its people a quality education, it will amount to nothing other than a sleeping giant or a lion on paper.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 24, 2012
DJDOLA: mtchewww....wats is d meaning of dis on nairaland....no body above mistakes..even if some1 is gradaute thats does not mean u can not made a mistake in writing...some idiot copy some1 post and paste it here all 2 make fun of him that he gbagaun even d whites do gbagaun...u ur self thats said a nigeria graduate gbagaun can u write words without cheaking it before posting....go 2 china and see go 2 india go 2 france go 2 brazil even american not all of them can write...pls stop mocking people for there mistakes....if u dont have work 2 do....GO AND WASH TRANSFORMER MUMU

God bless u.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Raymondeji(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
doofanc: Where's d link to d original post?

I strongly suspect d writer was merely fooling around, trying to attract attention. Its easy to see deliberate mistakes

I strongly agree with you. I'm not very sure its real. Besides, grammar apart, this person is saying the truth. He has brought our attention to what a lot of people are too blind to see. And above all, he has shown to us how bad Nigerian educational system is.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by saintuti: 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2012
Laugh?No I can not laugh to this.This is highly disturbing coming from a Nigerian graduate.He just kept messing up with my head untill I had to stop reading
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by born2boink(m): 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2012
mortee:

By their usernames you shall know them...

Making my life error-free is what I do by identifying my skill and passion, and pursuing it to make a difference in my life and in the lives of other people who pay me to edit theit works because they want to make a difference in the world through their writings.
2013 is almost here, make serious plans to be relevant outside of Nairaland.
if I hit hammer on your head, you will see 3 stars. I did not see relevant comments from your posts so far, I will never give my life profile for someone like you to edit because you will edit it the other way round making someone life look like zigzag
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Pergrace: 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
Blackteeth: And how do you know he is a graduate? Is speaking perfect English the way to know who is a graduate or not?
Please my people, English is just a language. It is never an achievement speaking flawless English.
Our counterparts overseas are busy researching in the laboratories and we are here researching English to speak flawlessly.
Nonsense.

God bless u
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by mortee: 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2012
born2fuck: if I hit hammer on your head, you will see 3 stars. I did not see relevant comments from your posts so far, I will never give my life profile for someone like you to edit because you will edit it the other way round making someone life look like zigzag

If you hit hammer on my head? Anyway, I am not surprised. Your posts and comments on nairaland reek of your limited understanding about life and its issues, therefore you can't see relevant comments on my posts.

Like I advised you earlier, plan realistic goals in the coming year so that if luck shines on you and you begin to live a life worthy of documentation, you can give someone that is not like me your life profile. Because for me, I'd rather truly go wash a transformer (like someone said), than edit your life profile.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
I can't see why Mortee's being crucified for speaking the truth. Quite a number of Nigerian graduates have terrible written AND spoken English, and that's a fact. Let's even ignore the write-up Mortee copied and pasted here.

Watch the average Nollywood movie, with graduates who supposedly graduated from decent universities in Nigeria - some even did their masters degrees outside Nigeria. Yet their spoken English will make you cringe. Then worse still, the editors don't (can't?) spot their errors, and correct them before the movies are aired! That is disgraceful!

For those comparing the poor English spoken by Italians, Chinese, Dutch etc. that doesn't make any sense. For these guys have done well to speak English at any level! English isn't their language. English is the common language spoken in Nigeria, that's what's taught in schools. Some folk here are saying these guys with poor English in Nigeria will get better, "they're still learning." Still learning?? After primary three, anyone should be fully conversant with spoken English, and definitely after primary five, should be proficient in both spoken AND written English.

The average Nigerian doesn't like to be told the truth, they can't stan criticism of any sort. Any well-meaning correction invariably leads to verbal abuse. And until the average Nigerian puts his / her hands up, and admit there's a deep-rooted problem, there'll never be any progress.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by mulumele(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
Hmmm
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by born2boink(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
Face the reality, english writting and oral are not the problem of nigerian economy, speaking english does not determine success, rather than make research and make you brain think wider and bringing your imaginations and dreams into reality,some folks sit down discussing errors and mistakes of other people while the people discussed about are busy making money, they don't even have time for english because they have something more busy than just wasting time on another country language, it is better late than never for some folks here....investment,property,money are true english
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Virick(m): 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2012
mortee: I came across this post today and I could only shake my head. I want to believe it's a joke, but if not, there is a solution - I am "krosdot", I help you "write right".

It seems many believe English Language is proof of being educated(whatever that means). Always bear in mind that English is just another language and more so, not native to Nigeria. There is nothing to mock in a "graduate" who cannot speak another man's language.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
Virick: It seems many believe English Language is proof of being educated(whatever that means). Always bear in mind that English is just another language and more so, not native to Nigeria. There is nothing to mock in a "graduate" who cannot speak another man's language.

Bro, I understand where you're coming from - to a certain degree.

However, English IS the spoken language in Nigeria, it's taught in schools across the country. There's no excuse for being poor when it comes to speaking and writing English in Nigeria. If a primary six pupil isn't fully proficient in English, then that means that pupil just sat in class, from primary one to six, and simply declined to learn.

Citing English as another man's language is a cop-out, and not a valid reason for bad written and spoken grammar.

1 Like

Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by mortee: 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
Siena:

Bro, I understand where you're coming from - to a certain degree.

However, English IS the spoken language in Nigeria, it's taught in schools across the country. There's no excuse for being poor when it comes to speaking and writing English in Nigeria. If a primary six pupil isn't fully proficient in English, then that means that pupil just sat in class, from primary one to six, and simply declined to learn.

Citing English as another man's language is a cop-out, and not a valid reason for bad written and spoken grammar.

#heavesasighofrelief# Long last somebody understands my point. Thanks for your comments o.

And for those who still think I should go wash transformer instead of discussing people's grammatical errors, let me tell you - it is in discussing people's errors that I earn a living. I am a copy editor, not just because I have to work, but because it's what I am so in love with. I started in my final year in school, went for NYSC and solely edited our quarterly newsletters and the annual magazine. And believe me, the job I had in school was waiting for me with a letter of promotion.

I am not trying to blow my own trumpet, but just encouraging people like born2fuck to find other things they can spend their time on instead of using free browsing cheats to deliberately be senseless when important issues are being discussed.

If you want to know more about me and probably see the source of my post, check out my page on facebook - https://m.facebook.com/tayokrosdot?refid=17

Gracias!

1 Like

Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by born2boink(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2012
mortee:

#heavesasighofrelief# Long last somebody understands my point. Thanks for your comments o.

And for those who still think I should go wash transformer instead of discussing people's grammatical errors, let me tell you - it is in discussing people's errors that I earn a living. I am a copy editor, not just because I have to work, but because it's what I am so in love with. I started in my final year in school, went for NYSC and solely edited our quarterly newsletters and the annual magazine. And believe me, the job I had in school was waiting for me with a letter of promotion.

I am not trying to blow my own trumpet, but just encouraging people like born2fuck to find other things they can spend their time on instead of using free browsing cheats to deliberately be senseless when important issues are being discussed.

If you want to know more about me and probably see the source of my post, check out my page on facebook - https://m.facebook.com/tayokrosdot?refid=17

Gracias!
Who cares about how or what you do to earn a living, everyone have a source of living, keep searching for those you wish to earn a living from by spotting their grammatically errors! Mr.Carol
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by mortee: 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2012
born2fuck: Who cares about how or what you do to earn a living, everyone have a source of living, keep searching for those you wish to earn a living from by spotting their grammatically errors! Mr.Carol

You make me laugh, Wale. If people write the way you do, it will be an easy task "spotting their grammatically errors", and believe me, I would have made an extra fortune from you.
I won't banter words with you again having found out that you can only talk with a little degree of knowledge about just one topic, and you don't even explore the positive sides of it either.
Go join the group of everyone who "have a source of living", smallie.

1 Like

Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Elebiju: 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2012
blink182: He's a tout, definitely passed through school but school didn't pass through him.
and I say u're a fool for passing such judgement,do u have a proof that d poster is a graduate and even if he is one let's examine his post critically,he made a very good contribution and I doubt if u've ever made one on this thread pathetic wannabe!
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by johnngene1: 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2012
abeg help me find out which school this person attend so that i go go cross check my jamb application, so dat make i no go d same skol dis guy

1 Like

Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by born2boink(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
mortee:

You make me laugh, Wale. If people write the way you do, it will be an easy task "spotting their grammatically errors", and believe me, I would have made an extra fortune from you.
I won't banter words with you again having found out that you can only talk with a little degree of knowledge about just one topic, and you don't even explore the positive sides of it either.
Go join the group of everyone who "have a source of living", smallie.
how do I survive without source of living or you think I depend on parents? You must have smoke weed and precise, you have no right to mention by name, only few people on nairaland have the right to say so nothing throwing punches at me
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by mortee: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
born2fuck: how do I survive without source of living or you think I depend on parents? You must have smoke weed and precise, you have no right to mention by name, only few people on nairaland have the right to say so nothing throwing punches at me

Wale, Wale! Oh, sorry I mentioned your name again. You know I said I won't reply you anymore but this your last comment made me laugh again. You just don't give up, right?
There is no biggy in depending on your parents if you are yet to find your feet financially. And you were the one who first started the punches o...
Have you checked my facebook page?
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by bigpastor(m): 8:13am On Dec 25, 2012
Rich4god: And so what.... Why are Nigerians so obsessed about english. Is English our mother's tongue?. I could remember, during my IT days in one of the Nigeria Breweries plant, the brewery manager cant even speak english let alone speaking with error, but he was the number one man at the brewery and perfoming his duties perfectly. So i really dont know what we Nigerians see in another man's language.
although the grammar is bad, but I salute the courage he has to write.
I know one of our gr8 philantropic gospel ministers in Naija, his spoken English was very poor in the 90's but now speaks Queen's English.
My guy, don't worry, there's room for improvement.
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by rydow(m): 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
grin
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by rydow(m): 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
we need to appreciate the English language coz it's still the official Language that is recognized throughout the world. with this fact, if at all there is need to speak or write in it, it must be according to some prescribed rules of grammar coz what worth doing worth doing well.though its not our language but we need to know and understand its proper usage
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by born2boink(m): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
rydow: we need to appreciate the English language coz it's still the official Language that is recognized throughout the world. with this fact, if at all there is need to speak or write in it, it must be according to some prescribed rules of grammar coz what worth doing worth doing well.though its not our language but we need to know and understand its proper usage
which should sit down studying english everyday so millions can get into how pocket? Maybe that is how dangote make his money by studying english everyday
Re: This Kind Of "Gbagaun" From A Nigerian Graduate! by Soglad(f): 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
Blackteeth: And how do you know he is a graduate? Is speaking perfect English the way to know who is a graduate or not?
Please my people, English is just a language. It is never an achievement speaking flawless English.
Our counterparts overseas are busy researching in the laboratories and we are here researching English to speak flawlessly.
Nonsense.
I wanted to send u a life cock but as try to tie de legs, the cock ran away heading towards de church shoutin i shall not die, i shall not die;its not my portion but will live to see 2013.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funny Pictures Of The Year / Different Types Of People During Any Public Holiday - Meme Collection / The Diary Of A Slay Queen Who Just Got Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.