Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180720 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by onenessone: 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
luluosas:
ZTE Modems are self unlocking which means, you need to have the software installed on your computer and unlock them yourself. Only some Huawei Modem can be unlock by a third party. Therefore, drop your email and I will send the ZTE software I have for you. I do hope it will work.

thanks, oneness55555@yahoo.com
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
Guitarlife: great job guys and i could use some help here . Am about 2 buy a 3g nokia symbian fone with the tots that i wil be able 2 connect to the internet using it as a modem via the glo bis plan . I need to know if this would be possible and how to go about it before i waste my money. Thanks

U are wasting no money it works on any phone that can browse
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by chakaz(m): 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
Pls guys, i registered my new glo sim but not yet activated. I can neither recharge nor do anything from the line
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by onenessone: 7:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
luluosas: GENERAL ADVICE:
@All, please, if you want to buy a modem you can unlock, don't buy Airtel's ZTE MF190 USB Stick because, the modem is factory unlocked, which means it is already open but, tied ONLY to Airtel network. Meaning, even if it can accept other network Sim by default, you can never connect with it no matter the system you are using.
This advice became necessary as a result of my encounter this morning. Therefore, go for Modems that will ask for unlock code anytime you put a different Sim card in it, to save you the option of buying all network USB because you want to connect to the internet.
However, this may not be the only modem with this type of situation which may cut across all service providers in Nigeria. Cheers.

Would you happen to know the situation with the MTN'S ZTE MF190 USB Stick
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
stephenponti:

U are wasting no money it works on any phone that can browse
thanks bro but how do i set it up remember i intend to use the fone as a modem to a pc
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
PLEASE house can someone help me unlock this Modem? MODEL HUAWEI NO:E173 IMEI-867455005283294.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 10:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
Guitarlife: thanks bro but how do i set it up remember i intend to use the fone as a modem to a pc

ok, to use the phone as a modem u must first be sure the phone has such capability. but most NOKIA that syncs with NOKIA pc suite ll do the job. all 3g nokia symbian has that capability to serve as modem. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by adewasco2k(m): 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
stephenponti: PLEASE house can someone help me unlock this Modem? MODEL HUAWEI NO:E173 IMEI-867455005283294.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by guardian09(m): 11:23am On Jan 15, 2013
Kreamie: And I think this trick has been blocked when one tries to use it using your blackberry as a modem connected with the blackberry desktop software..Initially when I tried the connection for the first time pairing my blackberry with the desktop software, the speed was amazing! But after a while, it just stopped..Oh well, i guess I'd have to get a device to use this trick with..It must pass me by..Glo must be dealt with! At least, MTN, Airtel and etisalat have had their fair share...
I believe it is just network issues as i have been using my bb as a modem ever since i saw this trick and i am still using it.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:32am On Jan 15, 2013
Guitarlife: great job guys and i could use some help here . Am about 2 buy a 3g nokia symbian fone with the tots that i wil be able 2 connect to the internet using it as a modem via the glo bis plan . I need to know if this would be possible and how to go about it before i waste my money. Thanks
You will not waste your money as I have successfully use this Glo BB plans on my laptop using LG GX500 PC Suite while I connected my phone through Bluetooth as a Modem. I can bet you on this one that it will work real time. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:37am On Jan 15, 2013
stephenponti: PLEASE house can someone help me unlock this Modem? MODEL HUAWEI NO:E173 IMEI-867455005283294.
Here are your details.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Unlock Code : 46873663
Flash Code : 44823039
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Cheers.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
luluosas:
You will not waste your money as I have successfully use this Glo BB plans on my laptop using LG GX500 PC Suite while I connected my phone through Bluetooth as a Modem. I can bet you on this one that it will work real time. Thank you.
thank you so much but what is the general concensus, do i have to put my sim in a blackberry phone to activate the bis or i can activate it while my sim is in my nokia phone .
I just need to get every thing clear thanks.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
guardian09:
I believe it is just network issues as i have been using my bb as a modem ever since i saw this trick and i am still using it.
You mean you are using this BB plans using your BB phone as a modem? Well, I am just thinking that that, because you are using a BB phone as a Modem, you might experience some restrictions as you browse the internet, which is really ABSENT when you using this Glo BB plans through other phones and devices.
Anyway, good to hear your testimony and I hope it will help others too. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by OCTAVO: 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hi, I just subscribed for N1,200 Somonth package using blackberry.net APN. It‘s over 2 hours now. Yet I can‘t browse. Is anything wrong? Or is it a general problem?
I use SAMSUNG GALAXY POCKET.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
Guitarlife: thank you so much but what is the general concensus, do i have to put my sim in a blackberry phone to activate the bis or i can activate it while my sim is in my nokia phone .
I just need to get every thing clear thanks.
No! No!! No!!! In fact, you can use a non internet enable phone to subscribe for the Glo BB plans provided such phone can send and receive SMS. In my case, I used a Nokia 101 non internet phone to subscribe for this plan and it was very successful. By the way, which plan are you contemplating of buying?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
OCTAVO: Hi, I just subscribed for N1,200 Somonth package using blackberry.net APN. It‘s over 2 hours now. Yet I can‘t browse. Is anything wrong? Or is it a general problem?
I use SAMSUNG GALAXY POCKET.
The APN is correct. Please, ensure that the username and password are BLANK. There should not be anything in your Proxy address and make sure you make the BB profile your default profile on your device. It should be able to browse as I am presently using the Glo BB plans on my laptop. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
chakaz: Pls guys, i registered my new glo sim but not yet activated. I can neither recharge nor do anything from the line
To activate the Sim card please, dial any number using the new Sim card and you are good to go. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by OCTAVO: 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
luluosas:
The APN is correct. Please, ensure that the username and password are BLANK. There should not be anything in your Proxy address and make sure you make the BB profile your default profile on your device. It should be able to browse as I am presently using the Glo BB plans on my laptop. Thank you.
I did all of the above o. When
I sent STATUS to 777 I received a message that my subscription is still pending.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
OCTAVO:
I did all of the above o. When
I sent STATUS to 777 I received a message that my subscription is still pending.
Pending activation will not stop you from browsing if all your settings are correct. Please, review your settings. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
luluosas:
Pending activation will not stop you from browsing if all your settings are correct. Please, review your settings. Thank you.
it took me 48hours for the activation and it didn't browse until then.just keep checking, octa .
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by OCTAVO: 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
4bobo:
it took me 48hours for the activation and it didn't browse until then.just keep checking, octa .
Ok. Tnx.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by OCTAVO: 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
luluosas:
Many thanks. It‘s now working. Infact I just downloaded Whatsapp from PLAY STORE.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by folafola(m): 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
glo bb plan works on any internet enabled gadjet. just subscribe for their weekly plan by sending coweek to 777 then create another profile on your device wont blackberry.net as your APN. you will need to activate your glo sim before you could browse with your sim(if it is a new simcard) send flat as sms to 1234 and you get tours configuration sent to your device. switch it off and on your sim and phone would have been for internet. glo bb plan is working for me and my blog readers

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by chakaz(m): 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
luluosas:
To activate the Sim card please, dial any number using the new Sim card and you are good to go. Thank you.
Thanx, I called CC and they said I shld wait for 48hrs before the sim reg ll be completed. I even tried what u suggested (ie calling another(s)) but it's same thing. Now, I'm waiting for it to be 48hrs.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ITbomb(m): 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
chakaz:
Thanx, I called CC and they said I shld wait for 48hrs before the sim reg ll be completed. I even tried what u suggested (ie calling another(s)) but it's same thing. Now, I'm waiting for it to be 48hrs.
Did u tell the CC that u r using it for browsing on modem?
*just asking*
But why do we run to CC even when we have battery low
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2013
OCTAVO:
Many thanks. It‘s now working. Infact I just downloaded Whatsapp from PLAY STORE.
What then did you actually do before it started browsing? Please, share. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
folafola: glo bb plan works on any internet enabled gadjet. just subscribe for their weekly plan by sending coweek to 777 then create another profile on your device wont blackberry.net as your APN. you will need to activate your glo sim before you could browse with your sim(if it is a new simcard) send flat as sms to 1234 and you get tours configuration sent to your device. switch it off and on your sim and phone would have been for internet. glo bb plan is working for me and my blog readers
That's good to know.
Just a little correction. To activate a new Glo Sim card after registration, just dial any number and your Sim will be activated as it connect to call the number you dial. Sending 'flat' to 1234 will only bring you Gloflat internet settings, which you don't actually need to use for the BB plans because, that is the 'normal' internet settings for Glo HSI (phones, tablets and modems) not a BB settings at all. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
chakaz:
OK. Just be patient please. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
ITbomb:
Did u tell the CC that u r using it for browsing on modem?
*just asking*
But why do we run to CC even when we have battery low
It is a new Glo Sim card he just bought, which is not yet activated on the Glo network. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
4bobo:
Yes, until a new Glo Sim card is activated, it can never call, recharge or browse but, if an activated Glo Sim card subscribe for the Glo BB plans, it can browse even though the plan is NOT yet activated (pending). I hope you understand the difference. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by walelove: 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
Knowledge is treasure when it is shared. I am pleased the way information is flowing in this forum.Thank u and God bless u all. like oliver twist, always ask for more. when i connected my nokia 6630 through nokia pc suite to my laptop it opened the first page but refuse to open further, but still connected, pls what should i do?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by walelove: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
kindly Help me unlock my Etisalat gaga- u8180, the imei- 357232043882834, thanks and God bless u as u did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (102)

Tecno M5 discussion thread / Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.