Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? (7831 Views)

What Is Prof. Osibanjo Telling Tinubu And Co? (funny Picture) / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Where Is Prof Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 23, 2012
I've always had the suspicion that NL has been hijacked by Yoruba and ACN cabal. Nothing confirms this suspicion more than the appearance of Prof Achebe's name on ACN/Yoruba hall of shame.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by GARRIx7(m): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I've always had the suspicion that NL has been hijacked by Yoruba and ACN cabal. Nothing confirms this suspicion more than the appearance of Prof Achebe's name on ACN/Yoruba hall of shame.
Why is Barth Nnaji's name in the hall of fame?? Have Igbos and PDP also hijacked NL??

Mr Man, China Ashebi is a disgrace and belongs to the hall of shame alongside Goodluck Egbere Jonathan.

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2012
Because people with skewed thinking felt he insulted their intellect.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by GARRIx7(m): 9:33am On Dec 23, 2012
gregtochi: Because people with skewed thinking felt he insulted their intellect.
Achebe is a liar and a tribal bigot cool cool

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Technocracy: 9:34am On Dec 23, 2012
Why on earth will nairaland enlist chinua achebe in their hall of shame,simply because he said the truth about your most reverd awo and revealing facts about the civil war,i had expected nairaland to bring it in the court of public opinion other than adopting ethnocentric bias,more so one of the cardinal principle of journalism is balance d reporting,which you have negated,i think its a privillege to ur management that nigerians patronise, adopt fairness and throw tribalism and brown paper pack to the bin if u want to remain the choice destination for conscious nigerians

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by redsun(m): 9:42am On Dec 23, 2012
Shame means pride most times in nigeria,while pride means shame.Nigerians have been inherently brought up to adhore knowledge and glorify ignorance.In no other place can this be seen than in the kind of psychopathic leaders they follow and admire.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Torch1(m): 9:51am On Dec 23, 2012
The truth hurt!
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Why is Barth Nnaji's name in the hall of fame?? Have Igbos and PDP also hijacked NL??

Mr Man, China Ashebi is a disgrace and belongs to the hall of shame alongside Goodluck Egbere Jonathan.
Barth Nnaji name appeared on ACN/yoruba hall of fame because of one single and OBVIOUS reason- he was sacked by GEJ. If he was still a cabinet minister under GEJ, his name would NEVER, EVER had come anywhere near the ACN/yoruba hall of fame
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Maxymilliano(m): 10:00am On Dec 23, 2012
I think it's wrong for Achebe's name to have been enlisted in the first place, it clearly shows how ignorance and sentiments has eaten deep into our consciousness.

This was the same Achebe that was praised to high heavens by all and sundry when he turned down the national award on two different occasions.

All he did this time was to write a memoir... An expression of his opinion of people/events just like many of us have done on here, the only difference being that Achebe's was published.

A memoir is a memoir and not compilation of facts

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by jmaine: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2012
The power of democracy . . . . .simples . . . .
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by jmaine: 10:04am On Dec 23, 2012

author=Sincere 9gerian]
Barth Nnaji name appeared on ACN/yoruba hall of fame because of one
single and OBVIOUS reason- he was sacked by GEJ. If he was still a
cabinet minister under GEJ, his name would NEVER, EVER had come anywhere
near the ACN/yoruba hall of fame

You are absolutely on point . . . .your conversant with their warped standards . . .
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 23, 2012
I was disappointed to see Professor Chinua Achebe's name on NL Hall of Shame, and my chastisement on the MODs got the popular "post is hidden' blacklisting. I was physically upset that Nairaland, a forum which promotes individual freedom of speech (to some extent) had become a nepotic portal where Chinua Achebe's Freedom of Speech has been promoted and maligned as "Shame". I had personally rallied around to have my friends come to Nairaland and air their views on salient national issues some months ago, after signing up and reading a few posts, they all laughed and said this forum is for 'never-do-wells' and children and tribal warlords. They never came back to this site. I am beginning to feel same too. I am not Igbo and I am not Yoruba, but I am an intellectual in Astro-Science, Politics, Mysticism, Advanced Physics and Mathematics, so that makes me a Nigerian. I feel that the only forum for us to air our views have become tribal and nepotic. Nairaland MODs should henceforth cease to promote tribalism and/or nepotism. I rest my case.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2012
One tribal bigot pushed others to put Achebe in the list just because he felt Igbos were voting for Barth Nnaji.You see as people mentality be? Achebe is a hero whether una like am or not! The man has made his point and passed his message even to the generations yet unborn! Haters make una continue to dey hate! Achebe doesn't give a hooting fucck about what tribal bigots on Nairaland think about him.you know what.....FUCCK DEM HATERS!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 23, 2012
Chimpnua Ashebe is a bigot.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 23, 2012
GARRI (x7):

He is a bigot cos he brought truth to the table? You know it was said that an unexamined life is not worth living.if he is a bigot cos he wanted us to reexamine our nationhood which most members on this forum have done, then isn't dat speaking from two sides of the mouth? Let us be sincere for once!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by 3itNg: 10:36am On Dec 23, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Barth Nnaji name appeared on ACN/yoruba hall of fame because of one single and OBVIOUS reason- he was sacked by GEJ. If he was still a cabinet minister under GEJ, his name would NEVER, EVER had come anywhere near the ACN/yoruba hall of fame
He's still Ibo....

China Ashebi's name is in the NL hall of shame 2012 not because he's Igbo, but because he disappointed many who had high regard for him when he published those LIES. He is a liar and rightly belongs to the Hall of Shame.

Live with it, Ok?

I hope he does something Good next year so he can ßξ in the hall of fame once again..
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by GARRIx7(m): 10:48am On Dec 23, 2012
gregtochi:

He is a bigot cos he brought truth to the table? You know it was said that an unexamined life is not worth living.if he is a bigot cos he wanted us to reexamine our nationhood which most members on this forum have done, then isn't dat speaking from two sides of the mouth? Let us be sincere for once!!!
He brought lies, hatred and bigotry to the table. His mission is to poison the minds of Igbo youths and all who take him seriously.

He is highly respected in the international community and he wishes to Ʊ$£ that to spread lies and hatred...

Chinua Achebe is a disgrace and belongs to SHAME's Hall
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Tolexander: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2012
inu ibu ni agbalagba n ni, agbalagba kii ni oro ibu(na bad mind elders dey gat, elders no dey gat bad words)
but for achebe's case, he has the two i.e both bad mind and words. Though he is an excellence as a fictionist
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Standing5(m): 11:02am On Dec 23, 2012
Achebe assumed, foolishly, that Nigeria was suppose to aid her enemies by granting the passage of enemies' food supplies through its borders when Nigeria wasn't the only country sharing a border with Biafra and he even manage to blame one Yoruba man (Awo) for mass genocide in a war situation based on his skewed reasoning logic highlighted above amongs other lies told. The man, to me deserves the Nl 2012 Hall of Shame award.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Afam4eva(m): 11:26am On Dec 23, 2012
I really don't take a lot of things on Nairaland seriously. No wonder Nairaland has never won any award while the likes of Linda Ikeji, Bella naija etc have won tons of award. This site has become a tribal assembly where tribal warlord congregate and join their hands in fellowship to spread hate and bigotry. Even the mods are also promiting hate and tribalism through their direct and indirect encouragement and inciting machinations. We really don't care what Nairaland thinks of Achebe but what the world think of him. He's one of the most respected Africans and very few people can match his achievement in the literary circles. The opinions of a few no-gooders will not change the respect he commands in the community of superior wisdom.

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 23, 2012
When has Nairaland become a standard in anything? Whether he's in hall of shame or fame does not change my opinion of him or of any serious minded person. How many people here have actually read the book that is bringing about all this wahala?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by aljharem(m): 11:32am On Dec 23, 2012
Igbos and their wahala. SMH
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Impulse80(m): 11:41am On Dec 23, 2012
GARRI (x7):

And after seeing all your post, i conclude that you yourself are a bigot too
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 11:48am On Dec 23, 2012
Because he is divisive. We expected people like him to foster unity.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by 3itNg: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva: I really don't take a lot of things on Nairaland seriously. No wonder Nairaland has never won any award while the likes of Linda Ikeji, Bella naija etc have won tons of award. This site has become a tribal assembly where tribal warlord congregate and join their hands in fellowship to spread hate and bigotry. Even the mods are also promiting hate and tribalism through their direct and indirect encouragement and inciting machinations. We really don't care what Nairaland thinks of Achebe but what the world think of him. He's one of the most respected Africans and very few people can match his achievement in the literary circles. The opinions of a few no-gooders will not change the respect he commands in the community of superior wisdom.
You are s!lly for that statement!!!

NL aint Good enough, yet you spend all ur life here.... SMH 4 U..
Can you and ur IBHoes create a thread on Linda's or Bella's blog to have elections like you do here. NL aint a blog, its a forum and I see ur Igbo-kwenu-Forum is an imitation of what you've seen on NL.

NL has challenges, but I'd rate it above those crappy blogs you mentioned in ur post...

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by ypzilanti: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2012
Why is Chinua Achebe on Hall of Shame list?

Two reasons:

1. Misplaced ethnic and tribal solidarity.

2. Little education.

Misplaced ethnic and tribal solidarity based on concieved attack on the person of Awolowo who is regarded as a demi-god by Yorubas.

Little education is a big problem. This is because those who are attacking him do not understand that a memoir is a personal view. It is not a historical document. You are allowed to give insight to your personal views and thoughts.

Achebe personally experienced loss that you and I can never begin to comprehend. He attacked an opponent at the other side of the war. He did not attack all Yorubas. But in the warped thinking of e-bigots, its all one and the same.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Afam4eva(m): 11:59am On Dec 23, 2012
3itNg:
You are s!lly for that statement!!!

NL aint Good enough, yet you spend all ur life here.... SMH 4 U..
Can you and ur IBHoes create a thread on Linda's or Bella's blog to have elections like you do here. NL aint a blog, its a forum and I see ur Igbo-kwenu-Forum is an imitation of what you've seen on NL.

NL has challenges, but I'd rate it above those crappy blogs you mentioned in ur post...
If you were a little bit more smart you would realize that i didn't take anything away from Nigeria but only said that the individual opinions of people especially bigots should not be taken seriously. Nairaland is the most visited website in Nigeria but it's never going to recieve awards like Linda Ikeji and the rest because like you said, it's a forum and the content bis based on people's personal opinions and not like Linda Ikeji where all the post is written by the admin therefore forestalling irrational and 1diotic assertions from moronic dingbats.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by babapupa: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
Maxymilliano: I think it's wrong for Achebe's name to have been enlisted in the first place, it clearly shows how ignorance and sentiments has eaten deep into our consciousness.

This was the same Achebe that was praised to high heavens by all and sundry when he turned down the national award on two different occasions.

[s]All he did this time was to write a memoir[/s]... An expression of his opinion of people/events just like many of us have done on here, the only difference being that Achebe's was published.

A memoir is a memoir and not compilation of facts

All he did was lie and made wild accusations based on zero facts. All he did was distort history. All he did was perpetuate hatred and enmity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by 1soul(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
Nairaland has lost focus, so I use my spare time for more productive research than coming here to read silly tribalistic conjured crap. Rubbish!!! As if Achebe cares what NL thinks of him, the man has already written his name with gold, dared the odds and status quo.......a global icon that is 100x more popular than nairaland itself, not to talk of you pathetic lots seeking relevance on this forum. Only a fool would approve of a thread like this one. ENJOY YOUR MARKET SQUARE DANCE OF SHAME!!! It doesn't change the fact, the truth still remains out there for even your unborn children to read!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
ypzilanti: Why is Chinua Achebe on Hall of Shame list?

Two reasons:

1. Misplaced ethnic and tribal solidarity.

2. Little education.

Misplaced ethnic and tribal solidarity based on concieved attack on the person of Awolowo who is regarded as a demi-god by Yorubas.

Little education is a big problem. This is because those who are attacking him do not understand that a memoir is a personal view. It is not a historical document. You are allowed to give insight to your personal views and thoughts.

Achebe personally experienced loss that you and I can never begin to comprehend. He attacked an opponent at the other side of the war. He did not attack all Yorubas. But in the warped thinking of e-bigots, its all one and the same.

Nonsense. Achebe is not the only Nigerian who experienced personal loss or whatever. We expected a person of his caliber to know better.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva: I really don't take a lot of things on Nairaland seriously. No wonder Nairaland has never won any award while the likes of Linda Ikeji, Bella naija etc have won tons of award. This site has become a tribal assembly where tribal warlord congregate and join their hands in fellowship to spread hate and bigotry. Even the mods are also promiting hate and tribalism through their direct and indirect encouragement and inciting machinations. We really don't care what Nairaland thinks of Achebe but what the world think of him. He's one of the most respected Africans and very few people can match his achievement in the literary circles. The opinions of a few no-gooders will not change the respect he commands in the community of superior wisdom.
I have never heard Nairaland being mentioned on TV or Radio.I never read about it on nigerian dailies.why because it is a forum where the owner has made it a place to promote ethnic bigotry. Too Bad!! What a shame!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Afam4eva(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
berem: I have never heard Nairaland being mentioned on TV or Radio.I never read about it on nigerian dailies.why because it is a forum where the owner has made it a place to promote ethnic bigotry. Too Bad!! What a shame!
That's my point exactly. You would hear of Linda Ikeji and Bella Naija on TV and Radio stations but not Nairaland. Why? This is a question the owners of this site need to start asking themselves.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NGX Group Names Temi Popoola As Gmd/CEO Designate, Chiemeka As Acting CEO Of NGX / Amaechi To Build $150m Mega Hospital In Port Harcourt / 2023: Forces Against Igbo Presidency At Work – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.