Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? (7858 Views)

What Is Prof. Osibanjo Telling Tinubu And Co? (funny Picture) / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Where Is Prof Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
coogar:
here lies the crux of the matter....
achebe knows what the truth is.....why lie to score cheap brownie points? he had a rare chance to put this matter to bed. he had a rare opportunity to encourage nigeria's unity with his outstanding penmanship but he is still beating the drums of war and stoking the fire of bigotry/tribalism!

for that alone, he is by far the worst nigerian in 2012. worse than aluu killers.

Word!!

And at a time when the country needs someone in his position to champion that elusive unity - he blew it!!
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:
How does this address the starvation policy? isn't that want the man hunt for Achebe's head is centered on?

Bro., why do you keep referencing the starvation policy??

It was an air blockade and collateral damage..
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by lagcity(m): 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
Hey guys, enough of all these. My Yoruba bros, let us work toward having a state called Awo. It is the most logical thing in the world; how come we haven't done that decades after Awo's death?
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
Collateral damage by wiki:

Used euphemistically to refer to inadvertent casualties and destruction in civilian areas in the course of military operations.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
lagcity: Hey guys, enough of all these. My Yoruba bros, let us work toward having a state called Awo. It is the most logical thing in the world; how come we haven't done that decades after Awo's death?

grin grin grin grin grin

That will cause more divisions...
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by coogar: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
shymexx:
Word!!

And at a time when the country needs someone in his position to champion that elusive unity - he blew it!!

he blew it big time.......
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by lagcity(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
shymexx:

grin grin grin grin grin

That will cause more divisions...

And do we give a fork? I'm thinking Lagos state would be nice cheesy a lot of ppl will get heart attack
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Afam4eva(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
shymexx:

Bro., why do you keep referencing the starvation policy??

It was an air blockade and collateral damage..
So, what's you accusation against Achebe again?
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by coogar: 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:

he's a white elephant liar.......
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by gidiMonsta(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
ballabriggs:

Another m0r0n. A trash like you puts him on a so-called "Hall of Shame".

Achebe can do without m0r0ns like you.

Retar.d u can call me whatever name you like it doesn't change the fact that Chinua Achebe is among the 3 most useless Nigerians of 2012.

SHAAAAAAME on Achebe!!!
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2012
^^^^Bro., ignore that first rate dolt. undecided
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:

He said: "Awolowo wanted power for himself and his Yoruba people."
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Afam4eva(m): 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
coogar:

he's a white elephant liar.......
And what did he lie about again? Pls don't shift the goal post again.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Afam4eva(m): 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
shymexx:

He said: "Awolowo wanted power for himself and his Yoruba people."
Isn't it common sense?

Awo was a tribal leader of some sort so to the eye of the average easterner, it would mean that. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. At least we'll never know that. That's why it's a personal opinion. That's something you guys have to deal with.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by coogar: 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Isn't it common sense?

Awo was a tribal leader of some sort so to the eye of the average easterner, it would mean that. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. At least we'll never know that. That's why it's a personal opinion. That's something you guys have to deal with.

so awo being a tribal leader wanted to lead the eastern region or what the heck are you talking about? afam's brains have gone back to making the usual 21-fart salute!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Isn't it common sense?

The backlash he's going is also something you lot will also have to deal with...

PS: My pops and his late older brother fought in the war(I have alluded to this several times on this forum) and the Nigerian civil war will always be a topic of interest to me...
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
I'v read thru some comments and seen the argument go back and forth. These arguements can continue forever with no side willing to admit anything. However, two factors VINDICATE the Igbos and Achebe.
1)One is the ROT that Nigeria is today. The loose federal structure(the Aburi Accord) proposed by Ojukwu would have made Nig see much more progress.
2) the fact that Nig will sooner or later disintegrate to pieces
If only Awo had not been blinded by desperation to rule united Nig, he would have for seen that the far north has NOTHING IN COMMON with the south
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Afam4eva(m): 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
coogar:

so awo being a tribal leader wanted to lead the eastern region or what the heck are you talking about? afam's brains have gone back to making the usual 21-fart salute!
I'm not really good at English but read my post again.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by coogar: 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I'v read thru some comments and seen the argument go back and forth. This arguement can continue forever with no side willing to admit anything. However, two factors VINDICATE the Igbos and Achebe.

nothing vindicates the igbos/achebe!

1)One is the ROT that Nigeria is today. With the loose federal structure(the Aburi Accord) proposed by Ojukwu would have made Nig see much more progress

33.33% of the rot that nigeria is today is caused by ndigbos.....so what's your point?

2) the fact that Nig will sooner or later disintegrate to pieces

it would never happen. 500 yrs from now, your great great grandsons would be wondering when nigeria would break up.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by babapupa: 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

I am not surprised you subscribed to the crap above to rebut the fact that mere mention of Biafra on Nairaland tends to jumpstart inherent tribalism in a Yoruba peep. It is very silly for anyone to arrogate sense of blame when human event such as Nigeria/Biafra war is recounted. The dingbats who assumed that they are being blamed in such narrative accounts need to do a soul search.

It is very childish for a person to accuse Achebe of being stuck in 60s because he, Achebe, tends to narrate recorded events. I guess anybody who attempts to recount the amalgamation of the protectorates must be stuck in 10s.

I though he spewed his own personal experience? So, fiction is now recorded events? What part of his lies is in any recorded events and what events was that?

ibo logic is insane logic anytime anyway...
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by basisop(m): 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2012
Shame on Jarus!
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by coogar: 12:49am On Dec 24, 2012
basisop: Shame on Jarus!

shame on you!
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 24, 2012
Sofry sofry o
Prof Achebe speaks on the world stage his henemies speak on Nairaland and Osun defender grin grin grin grin grin
Levels

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by babapupa: 12:53am On Dec 24, 2012
Baby mama: Sofry sofry o
Prof Achebe speaks on the world stage his henemies speak on Nairaland and Osun defender grin grin grin grin grin
Levels

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by AndreUweh(m): 1:09am On Dec 24, 2012
What Prof Achebe published recently was just a memoir-his personal account of what he saw juring the war. He hasn't written a book about the war.
Anyway, just wait for Col Achuzia's publication coming out soon.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 24, 2012
Andre Uweh: What Prof Achebe published recently was just a memoir-his personal account of what he saw juring the war. He hasn't written a book about the war.

And the best response from the henemies is on Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin
Hehehehehehehehe!!!!!
No be to publish a memoir in response?
Shame don catch me for dem wallahi
How persin go carry an automatic rifle fully loaded come for fight and the enemy grabs his father's termite eaten oracles grin grin grin grin
Levels dey ma broda
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by AndreUweh(m): 1:16am On Dec 24, 2012
Baby mama:

And the best response from the henemies is on Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin
Hehehehehehehehe!!!!!
No be to publish a memoir in response?
Shame don catch me for dem wallahi
How persin go carry an automatic rifle fully loaded come for fight and the enemy grabs his father's termite eaten oracles grin grin grin grin
Levels dey ma broda
Most of the who chat crap here have not read the memoir. Their attitude is very nonsensical.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by coogar: 1:18am On Dec 24, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Most of the who chat crap here have not read the memoir. Their attitude is very nonsensical.

i am not one of them though - i bought the book the very day it was released on apple store......there are more fables in it than the real truths.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 24, 2012
Andre Uweh:

The book is a masterpiece
The kids are reading it now

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 24, 2012
coogar:

i am not one of them though - i bought the book the very day it was released in apple store......there are more fables in it than the real truths.

Do you know the definition of a memoir?
I doubt it

If you have a copy,tell me the last word on page 174
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by dayokanu(m): 1:22am On Dec 24, 2012
Andre Uweh: What Prof Achebe published recently was just a memoir-his personal account of what he saw juring the war. He hasn't written a book about the war.

And Achebe is being criticized for the opinion he claims to have.

Go out and say In your Andre uweh Opinion Osama was right in bombing America or say Hitler was right in killing Jews and just say its your opinion and it has to be respected.

Achebe more than anyone else deserves this award So Andre uweh go and do the right thing with your other 4 monickers

Abadaba, Ngodiha tomakint Go and vote Achebe into the Nairaland Hall of Shame and May Chukwu bless you for towing the path of reason

[size=18pt]ACHEBE FOR HALL OF SHAME[/size]. Lame, Lonely Bigot
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 24, 2012
I initially bought Achebe's book, but I had to return/exchange it for five great books("Why We Struck" by Adewale Ademoyega is already in the post, should get it tomorrow)...

Enjoy! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School / What Has Happened To Nema's Flood Prediction / Analysis: Buhari will likely Win 2019 Election but with less margin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.