Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? (7860 Views)

What Is Prof. Osibanjo Telling Tinubu And Co? (funny Picture) / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Where Is Prof Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
berem: I have never heard Nairaland being mentioned on TV or Radio.I never read about it on nigerian dailies.why because it is a forum where the owner has made it a place to promote ethnic bigotry. Too Bad!! What a shame!

So how did you find your way here to register a username and post comment?? Did u sleep walked??

It seem as if anything that is not ibo created is not good for you guys even though you use it incessantly.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
GARRI (x7):

He brought lies, hatred and bigotry to the table. His mission is to poison the minds of Igbo youths and all who take him seriously.

He is highly respected in the international community and he wishes to Ʊ$£ that to spread lies and hatred...

Chinua Achebe is a disgrace and belongs to SHAME's Hall
It is apparent dat u hated Achebe for giving voice to the truth. When we advocate for SNC, wat do u xpect we discuss We need to know where and how we got to this point. Many of us have become heroes by just calling for SNC, bt Achebe took a step further by raising one of the salient issues of our nationhood. If u continue calling him bigot, I will take it dat u are not intellctually fit to discuss Nigerian issues. Look at the facts and reconsider ur submissions.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:
That's my point exactly. You would hear of Linda Ikeji and Bella Naija on TV and Radio stations but not Nairaland. Why? This is a question the owners of this site need to start asking themselves.
someone I know who have lived all his life abroad once told me that whenever he logs onto nairaland and read the topic and comments,especially on political section,it seem to him as if Nigeria is at war! There are many of his kind who thinks the same and are scared of stepping their foot into the country.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:
That's my point exactly. You would hear of Linda Ikeji and Bella Naija on TV and Radio stations but not Nairaland. Why? This is a question the owners of this site need to start asking themselves.

Why do you keep coming to Nairaland? Why don't you spend all your time at Linda Ikeji and Bella Nigeria?

Those are tabloid like websites dealing mainly with celebrity gossips and that sort of things. It was not Radio stations and TV that brought most people to Nairaland in the first place, Nairaland is even more popular than those Radio stations you are blabbing on about.

As for Achebe, look out for my own book; "The Man Lied" Not to be confused with "The Man Died" o

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Afam4eva(m): 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

Why do you keep coming to Nairaland? Why don't you spend all your time at Linda Ikeji and Bella Nigeria?

Those are tabloid like websites dealing mainly with celebrity gossips and that sort of things. It was not Radio stations and TV that brought most people to Nairaland in the first place, Nairaland is even more popular than those Radio stations you are blabbing on about.
Nairaland has it's good side but it seems the bad side is gradually eroding the good that is left. You can barely open nairaland these days without seeing tribal colorations all around. if all Nigerians had accesss to nairaland, we would have gone to war by now. This site just reminds me of that white supremacist website. I enjoy the Nairaland i met when i joined.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Nairaland has it's good side but it seems the bad side is gradually eroding the good that is left. You can barely open nairaland these days without seeing tribal colorations all around. if all Nigerians had accesss to nairaland, we would have gone to war by now. This site just reminds me of that white supremacist website. I enjoy the Nairaland i met when i joined.

Afam, let us be honest. The seed of what you see today on Nairaland was sown by your people. It was a relentless daily assaults on Yoruba and everything Yoruba by Igbos on this forum that got us to this point.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

Afam, let us be honest. The seed of what you see today on Nairaland was sown by your people. It was a relentless daily assaults on Yoruba and everything Yoruba by Igbos on this forum that got us to this point.

Aigbofa, let us be honest. The seed of what you see today on Nairaland was sown by your people. It was a relentless daily assaults on Igbos and everything Igbo by Yorubas on this forum that got us to this point.

You see that nobody ever accepts that they're at fault. You would not accept that it's your people that started it just like i won't accept that it's my people that started it. So, we'll keep going in circles. But personally, i think both sides are responsible for what befell Nairaland. I hope you'd agree with that if you have any atom of truth left.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

True talk.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

That's a big LIE! It was you people that started it! The yorubas started the bigotry on Nairaland.Go and check some past and recent threads on this forum and see how the Yorubas have continued to post negative comments about Ndi igbos.It has escalated beyond redemption because some bigoted mods and Seun himself have not done anything to arrest the situation.The Yoruba Bigots on this forum are the ones denting the image of Nairaland.You and your fellow bigots should call yourselves to order and stop making Nairaland look like a e-war zone.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

Can you be truthful for once in your miserable life? I know the hell will freeze up before a simple truth flows from the lips of a Yoruba. It does not take more than the mention of Biafra on Nairaland to send a Yoruba peep into a tailspin of tribally uncouth language.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
Well Achebe is nominated for Hall of Shame by majority of people who found him divisive.

I hope he win sha.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by seanet02: 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

Can you be truthful for once in your miserable life? I know the hell will freeze up before a simple truth flows from the lips of a Yoruba. It does not take more than the mention of Biafra on Nairaland to send a Yoruba peep into a tailspin of tribally uncouth language.
Frustrated man.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by nduchucks: 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

Ah Ah!! Can you take a break from the kind of shots in the bolded above, in the spirit of Yuletide? Anyway, nwanne m, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year in advance
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by jason123: 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
Thank You NL! That old man is in USA trying to cause division in Nigeria! Age does not equate to maturity!
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by vanbonattel: 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
Once again, the yoruba man shows his cowardice. Keep being afraid of Achebe, he will continue to rule over your lives.

THE TRUTH IS VERY VERY BITTER.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by duni04(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2012
I luv ibo vs yoruba threads. They're so hilarious. U watch grown men and women turn in2 children, insulting themselves over nothing more than nomenclature. Its comic relief
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by duni04(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2012
I luv ibo vs yoruba threads. They're so hilarious. U watch grown men and women turn in2 children, insulting themselves over nothing more than nomenclature. Its comic relief
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
seanet02: Frustrated man.

You are a renowned ill-informed and frustrated toddler who had been meant to believe that Oduduwa fell from the sky, olodo.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2012
jason123: Thank You NL! That old man is in USA trying to cause division in Nigeria! Age does not equate to maturity!

It is abundantly clear that neither age nor maturity is on your side, olodo.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Ah Ah!! Can you take a break from the kind of shots in the bolded above, in the spirit of Yuletide? Anyway, nwanne m, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year in advance

Truth does not need to take a break. In addition, virtues can not give way to inherent stupidity.

Nwannem, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year in advance too.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
demmy: Well Achebe is nominated for Hall of Shame by majority of people who found him divisive.

I hope he win sha.

Of course, only majority of dumbazz jackasses such as you will find Achebe divisive and nominate him for the idiotic Nairaland’s hall of shame.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

You are a renowned ill-informed and frustrated toddler who had been meant to believe that Oduduwa fell from the sky, olodo.

I understand why you're frustrated by this Yoruba creation myth, since ibos have no deep ancient history to speak of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_myth
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

The problem is not that you mention Biafra. You mention Biafra, and then blame everything that happened there on Yoruba and Awolowo in particular. Biafra is ancient history to most Yorubas, it's done, it's over. Ibos are the ones who stuck in Biafra and can't seem to move on. Even Achebe is perpetually stuck in the 60s

Don't think for a minute you can heap insults on Yorubas for your own misadventure and not expect a response. This is how what you call tribalism started on Nairaland. If it wasn't Nairaland it would be another website. The key is that you all move on and tell Achebe to stop writing garbage and stop reopening old wounds.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
demmy:

I understand why you're frustrated by this Yoruba creation myth, since ibos have no deep ancient history to speak of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_myth

There is no doubt only delusional rascals will assume an idiotic Yoruba myth of a drunken fellow falling from the sky will induce frustration on average rational human being.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by vanbonattel: 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

There is no doubt only delusional rascals will assume an idiotic Yoruba myth of a drunken fellow falling from the sky will induce frustration on average rational human being.

Only drunken? the poor guy was stoned as hell!
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

I assume you are a catholic. Don't you believe another fellow that died and rose up after three days and then ascended to the sky?

Talk of being rational!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by vanbonattel: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

I assume you are a catholic. Don't you believe another fellow that died and rose up after three days and then ascended to the sky?

You are correct, the only difference is that this drug addict called Oduduwa fell off the slave camp in the sky.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 2:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

Talk of being rational!

Don't mind the i.diot.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
van bonattel:

You are correct, the only difference is that this drug addict called Oduduwa fell off the slave camp in the sky.

According to the ancient ibo akpu hieroglyphics?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2012
Meanwhile more people continue to vote for Achebe into the Hall of Shame. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Has Happened To Nema's Flood Prediction / IMF Faults Forex Restrictions On 43 Items As Hurting Investments / Court Fixes February 21 To Determine Atiku’s Citizenship, Eligibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.