Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? (7861 Views)

What Is Prof. Osibanjo Telling Tinubu And Co? (funny Picture) / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Where Is Prof Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by vanbonattel: 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
demmy: Meanwhile more people continue to vote for Achebe into the Hall of Shame. grin grin grin

While he continues to rise in fame and collect more prestigious awards, the irony called nigerian tribalism.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

The problem is not that you mention Biafra. You mention Biafra, and then blame everything that happened there on Yoruba and Awolowo in particular. Biafra is ancient history to most Yorubas, it's done, it's over. Ibos are the ones who stuck in Biafra and can't seem to move on. Even Achebe is perpetually stuck in the 60s

Don't think for a minute you can heap insults on Yorubas for your own misadventure and not expect a response. This is how what you call tribalism started on Nairaland. If it wasn't Nairaland it would be another website. The key is that you all move on and tell Achebe to stop writing garbage and stop reopening old wounds.

I am not surprised you subscribed to the crap above to rebut the fact that mere mention of Biafra on Nairaland tends to jumpstart inherent tribalism in a Yoruba peep. It is very silly for anyone to arrogate sense of blame when human event such as Nigeria/Biafra war is recounted. The dingbats who assumed that they are being blamed in such narrative accounts need to do a soul search.

It is very childish for a person to accuse Achebe of being stuck in 60s because he, Achebe, tends to narrate recorded events. I guess anybody who attempts to recount the amalgamation of the protectorates must be stuck in 10s.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by gratiaeo(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
demmy:

Nonsense. Achebe is not the only Nigerian who experienced personal loss or whatever. We expected a person of his caliber to know better.
A person of his caliber that ll swallow truth and die? Or do you think that Achebe him self cares about people like you with low IQ before writing his memoir? The man is an icon which you ll never be even in your dream
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

I am not surprised you subscribed to the crap above to rebut the fact that mere mention of Biafra on Nairaland tends to jumpstart inherent tribalism in a Yoruba peep. It is very silly for anyone to arrogate sense of blame when human event such as Nigeria/Biafra war is recounted. The dingbats who assumed that they are being blamed in such narrative accounts need to do a soul search.

It is very childish for a person to accuse Achebe of being stuck in 60s because he, Achebe, tends to narrate recorded events. I guess anybody who attempts to recount the amalgamation of the protectorates must be stuck in 10s.

He is stuck in the sense that he narrates such events not as matter of history. He does so with venom, with hate, lies and without any sense of shame and the part he himself took in the whole saga.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

I assume you are a catholic. Don't you believe another fellow that died and rose up after three days and then ascended to the sky?

Talk of being rational!

Do you think I am in a class of drunken and idiotic fools to believe the above conjectural crap? No wonder Yoruba peeps are twisted out of human form due to real account of human events by Achebe
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

Do you think I am in a class of drunken and idiotic fools to believe the above conjectural crap? No wonder Yoruba peeps are twisted out of human form real account of human events by Achebe

That would be like 90% of ibos. So, do you think most ibos are drunken, idiotic fools for believing Jesus ascended to the sky?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by gratiaeo(m): 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:
That's my point exactly. You would hear of Linda Ikeji and Bella Naija on TV and Radio stations but not Nairaland. Why? This is a question the owners of this site need to start asking themselves.
Nairaland is a tribal war field between Yorubas and Igbos no Educate. My little is calling it even joke section
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 23, 2012
gratiaeo:
A person of his caliber that ll swallow truth and die? Or do you think that Achebe him self cares about people like you with low IQ before writing his memoir? The man is an icon which you ll never be even in your dream

He also doesn't care about Nigeria either. What kind of icon tries to destroy his own country? Now he is a persona non grata every where in Nigeria. A literary icon heading to a Hall of Shame. Pity.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Geomac: 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
Nyamri vs Yoruba
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

He is stuck in the sense that he narrates such events not as matter of history. He does so with venom, with hate, lies and without any sense of shame and the part he himself took in the whole saga.

It is safe to deduce that Yoruba peeps would rather believe bunch of falsehood than simple truth. I can not fathom how you discern sense of venom, hate and lie from Achebe’s narrative accounts of what transpired in Biafra. I have read the book and did dictate an iota of caustic phrase used by Achebe. In addition, nitwits who seemed to call Achebe names were not present in Biafra during the war.

In addition, Awolowo never denied the policy of starvation by Nigerian government.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by omayyi: 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
Nairaland is crap yet u guys live ur entire lives on it, lol. Deal with it, Ashebe is a person hahahahaha...
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

It is safe to deduce that Yoruba peeps would rather believe bunch of falsehood than simple truth. I can not fathom how you discern sense of venom, hate and lie from Achebe’s narrative accounts of what transpired in Biafra. I have read the book and did dictate an iota of caustic phrase used by Achebe. In addition, nitwits who seemed to call Achebe names were not presence in Biafra during the war.

In addition, Awolowo never denied the policy of starvation by Nigerian government.

Achebe was a party to the whole mess. He is in not in a position to question the motive of anybody involved in the war. He did what he had to do, like using images of dead and dying children as a prop for his propaganda war. And people on the federal side did what they had to do.
Trying to call Awo's motive into question was a great miscalculation on his part.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

That would be like 90% of ibos. So, do you think most ibos are drunken, idiotic fools for believing Jesus ascended to the sky?

I am not surprised you arrived at the above conjecture. You must be a super human to know certain percentile of the belief on the conjectural crap by Ndigbo. This is not the first time a Yoruba peep has arrogated such spiritual knowledge to him\her self.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I've always had the suspicion that NL has been hijacked by Yoruba and ACN cabal. Nothing confirms this suspicion more than the appearance of Prof Achebe's name on ACN/Yoruba hall of shame.

The reason is simply because this site is run and controlled by the dirty brigade of ofenman*s with their tribal marked face and very bad body odour. Achebe is a hero and it will continue to pepper the bunch of oloshi black pigs in the SW
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by dayokanu(m): 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
OP

When Achebe was nominated for the Hall of fame last year you didnt complain

Abeg while these arguments are still going on kindly drop your votes for Chinua Achebe and lets induct him into the Hall of shame.

Some said it was his opinion, Let a popular figure write lies and cal it his memoirs and see the reaction he would get from the public.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

I am not surprised you arrived at the above conjecture. You must be a super human to know certain percentile of the belief on the conjectural crap by Ndigbo. This is not the first time a Yoruba peep has arrogated such spiritual knowledge to him\her self.

Come off it! We all know most Ibos are Catholics, there's nothing bad in that. Your problem is that you cannot reconcile Yoruba believe in Oduduwa decending from the sky with Jesus ascending to the sky. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
Geomac: Nyamri vs Yoruba

And at the end we can still agree to disagree peacefully UNLIKE your smelly gworo-chewing idiotic mallams and followers in the North who use dagger to kill like savages. You and your fellow smelly mallams are very disgusting indeed.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by dayokanu(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

Come of it! We all know most Ibos are Catholics, there's nothing bad in that. Your problem is that you cannot reconcile Yoruba believe in Oduduwa falling from the sky with Jesus ascending to the sky. grin

Or God made clay and breathe into it to become man Or a virgin got pregnant yet most Ibos who are Catholics believed it

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
Charged up now angry
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 3:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
Tusky44:

The reason is simply because this site is run and controlled by the dirty brigade of ofenman*s with their tribal marked face and very bad body odour. Achebe is a hero and it will continue to pepper the bunch of oloshi black pigs in the SW

At least Yoruba tribal markings are well done unlike the ugly ibo ichi scratch face grin grin grin

[img]http://4.bp..com/-seMyfJtl6dA/TqSdVj4rDBI/AAAAAAAAAtc/T3g4bGYhB0Y/s1600/AN00058169_001_l.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
^^^

Oh so you mean you agree your tribal marked gays and ngbatis are proud of it? What a useless amala you are. Come on get out of here b4 i damage you irrecoverably.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 3:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

Achebe was a party to the whole mess. He is in not in a position to question the motive of anybody involved in the war. He did what he had to do, like using images of dead and dying children as a prop for his propaganda war. And people on the federal side did what they had to do.
Trying to call Awo's motive into question was a great miscalculation on his part.

The above is a figment of imagination borne out of ignorance. Awolowo fought for his people on Nigerian side as Achebe fought for his people on the Biafran side. Only a drunken rascal will find fault with this statement. Achebe simply stated the obvious when he spoke about Awolowo’s motives in joining the war on Nigerian side
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by pazienza(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
Seun must do fast to make ndiigbo to stop seeing nairaland as odualand.As a business man,he stands to lose a lot if igbos leave this forum en masse.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
Actually, why spoil my xmas mood . I have rice and stew with chicken to chop abeg. Make una continue for now. I will be back reinforced with multiple ids in the coming days. Meanwhile, i mess for youruba people grin
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
Tusky44: ^^^

Oh so you mean you agree your tribal marked gays and ngbatis are proud of it? What a useless amala you are. Come on get out of here b4 i damage you irrecoverably.

No I don't agree with tribal markings now. Their time have passed. But you've got to agree the Yoruba markings are better done than that ibo ichi marks.

ugly ibo ichi mark

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

Come of it! We all know most Ibos are Catholics, there's nothing bad in that. Your problem is that you cannot reconcile Yoruba believe in Oduduwa decending from the sky with Jesus ascending to the sky. grin

I knew it will get to a point where European\Roman religious myth will be equated to Igbo religious myth. You started off by revealing my frustration over Yoruba creational myth to none Igbo. Suddenly, you find a way to join Igbo to Roman’s religious myth.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Elueme: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2012
I frowned against this callousness and insensitivity on the part of nairaland moderators two days ago but my post was quickly hidden. I have made them understand that no yoruba man living or alive has attained the status and recognition Achebe had gotten via literature. The book that the yorubas are crying wolves over has just won the IOS book of 2012 and Achebe himself was among the 3 Africans nominated among the 100 most influential men in the world in 2012( behind Joyce Bander and Ngozi OKONJO Iweala). At least a lot of Nigerians who pitifully visit this scrap site( forum) created to promote falsehood and tribal bigotry are reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

I knew it will get to a point where European\Roman religious myth will be equated to Igbo religious myth. You started off by revealing my frustration over Yoruba creational myth to none Igbo. Suddenly, you find a way to join Igbo to Roman’s religious myth.

Now it is Roman religious myth? Am sure it doesn't look like that in Churches across Igboland today. And next time you want to talk about Oduduwa, remember there are millions of your people who pray daily to a fellow that ascended to the sky, just like Oduduwa decended from the sky.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by dayokanu(m): 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

Havent majority of Ibos adopted this Roman myth?

We hear Ibos are from Jews so its also Jewish history that God created a man from clay
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2012
Aigbofa:

Now it is Roman religious myth? Am sure it doesn't look like that in Churches across Igboland today. And next time you want to talk about Oduduwa, remember there are millions of your people who pray daily to a fellow that ascended to the sky, just like Oduduwa decended from the sky.

If this is the case, I guess Yoruba peeps seemed to be more delusional than Igbo. There were more pastors, even with private jets, in Yoruba land than Igbo land. It is two strikes you are out. Yoruba have struck out twice with one drunken fellow descending from the sky and another ascending to the sky.
Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by demmy(m): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

Weren't you posing ibo rationality against Yorubas' "conjectural crap" in your earlier posts?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Prof Achebe's Name On NL Hall Of Shame? by Dede1(m): 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Havent majority of Ibos adopted this Roman myth?

We hear Ibos are from Jews so its also Jewish history that God created a man from clay

I use to know one Samuel L. Akintola. The last time I checked, Samuel is not Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anti-grazing Bill Passes First Reading In Abia House Of Assembly / PDP And APC: When Kettle Mocks Pot For Being Black - By Jideofor Adibe / Ibori To Be Sentenced Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.