Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon (24419 Views)

Pastor Of Grace Assembly Trying To Squeeze A Woman's Boobs (photos) / Sex In The Church! Wife Accuses Top Lagos Pastor Of Sleeping With Church Members / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by k2039: 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
joseph1832: But my bone of contention is Adeboye should have told him not to capitalize on the opportunity given him to campaign and further tell lies to Nigerians and also he Adeboye should have use this very medium to tell him about the lousy way he's been running the country and to drum it into his ears that "the wages of sin is death" not smother him the way he did....

I totally agree to this and I have no objection.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by k2039: 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
davidylan:

but i can find places where he had to deal with the rich and famous... he didnt give them undue deference based solely on their position and wealth in society.

How isnt is applicable? Did you read it with an open mind or merely to brush it off so you can continue hero-worshiping your pastors?

1. GEJ is the president of the country not the president of the church and thus has absolutely no right to be given undue deference in the household of faith. He is free to attend the congress as a guest, to give him the stage to campaign for president in 2015, whitewash his image by using a well-respected GO as a cloak is flatly WRONG. Please read James 2:2-4 again. why should he be given the chief seat behind the pulpit bu virtue of his fame and fortune while the poor are constantly relegated to row Z?
I understand your point, but I doubt if it will be so applicable in a real life situation to allow your president sit behind the front pew or not to address the whole congregation.

If it was his church(I mean where he is a memeber) then your point is applicable

Frankly I agree with joseph1832's post.
www.nairaland.com/1140769/holy-ghost-congress-political-congress/5#13529573

Besides I already told you I'm not a redeemer neither is the GO my favorite pastor, in fact I have disagreed with some of his messages but in thos case he did the right thing.

Your pastor would likely have done thesame thing, it's just courtesy for the president.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by bimstik(f): 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
Stop criticizing abeg. Mr. Solomon Bankole , who sent Ʊ to resign ? Ʊ had beta say de truth rather than misyawning . Dad G.O ΐƨ a man of God , A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ also not i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ de best positn to judge. When Jesus was on earth, Ħξ preferred to sit wiv de sinners to de saints. If Jesus cud do this, so why can't Baba allow a sinner i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ his church . Any politician da comes to de camp A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ make empty promise , will surely face de consequence himself. Av Ʊ ever seen some1 da deceive God A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ go unpunished ? No1.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Bond008(m): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2012
free2ryhme:

point of correction ... Jesus came for repentant sinners not unrepentant sinners
i doubt if you you read your bible. Jesus came for all.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
Goodluck should do nothing henceforth so as not to be interpreted as campaign for 2015 elections.
1)He should no longer attend Redemed Holy Ghost Congress.
2)He should no longer attend church service.
3)He should no longer pray in public or private.
4)He should renounce christianity for now until after 2015
5)He should no longer appear in public.
6)All govt projects should stop till after 2015 elections.
7)No more presidential media chat.
coolNo more foreign travels until after 2015.
Etc,etc.
Hope the 'retardeen crew' are satisfied?
Case closed!!
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by ndukwejoe(m): 9:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
i pity that pastor bankole, i know what the bible says, he will everly be a frustrated man. is a pity.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 24, 2012
Hey yaaa... people are angry with GEJ, pastor Adeboye and RCCG Alter. But you have forgotten your own life. On the judgement day, God will not judge based on the fact that your president is corrupt but you will stand alone to give account of your life. Even if GEJ is a thiev, are u better than him that tell "white lies", commit fornication and adultry and do all sort of things that r not pleasing unto God?
Before God sin is a sin. So why don't you leave GEJ and RCCG alone and think about your own life. Remember what Jesus told the people that wanted to stone the adultrous woman to death. Same is happening here. You think God has condemned our president? No. I still strongly believe that God with him and in due season what God is doing through him for nigeria will show.
Our president needs our prayer, that is why he came to the house of God. So let's continue to pray for him. Our critisism will not solve any problem.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by joseph1832(m): 10:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
aksat: Hey yaaa... people are angry with GEJ, pastor Adeboye and RCCG Alter. But you have forgotten your own life. On the judgement day, God will not judge based on the fact that your president is corrupt but you will stand alone to give account of your life. Even if GEJ is a thiev, are u better than him that tell "white lies", commit fornication and adultry and do all sort of things that r not pleasing unto God?
Before God sin is a sin. So why don't you leave GEJ and RCCG alone and think about your own life. Remember what Jesus told the people that wanted to stone the adultrous woman to death. Same is happening here. You think God has condemned our president? No. I still strongly believe that God with him and in due season what God is doing through him for nigeria will show.
Our president needs our prayer, that is why he came to the house of God. So let's continue to pray for him. Our critisism will not solve any problem.
Dude! What did God do to King Saul?
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by vislabraye(m): 11:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
john ngene: may GOd forgive dis already fustrated man. who is looking for how to die, how dear him accuse the gathering of the children of God heis so devilish and selfish. is it because as a pastor he had not had the opportunity to climb the altar is that y he is saying all dis rubbish, may God forgive him for blaspheming against an annointed man of God.

Blasphemy against a man of God shocked. Where did you hear that from?

Pst Adeboye is a highly respected MOG and he's also human. Running a big church as RCCG is not easy, but God has given him the grace to do it. He's one of the most influential preachers. If he decides to speak sense to GEJ or condem the activities of the senators, they would/should listen.
If the president or a politician should attend RCCG, its a good thing. That's a big opportunity to talk to them.

The same goes to CAN and PFN leadership. Let all these influential pastors sit together and speak on how to move the country forward.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by vislabraye(m): 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
aksat: Hey yaaa... people are angry with GEJ, pastor Adeboye and RCCG Alter. But you have forgotten your own life. On the judgement day, God will not judge based on the fact that your president is corrupt but you will stand alone to give account of your life. Even if GEJ is a thiev, are u better than him that tell "white lies", commit fornication and adultry and do all sort of things that r not pleasing unto God?

Before God sin is sin. That's very true. What do you say when an armed robber robs you or your governor embezzles that state treasury thus depriving you of necessary amenities?
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Aarenaija: 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
I don't think anything is wrong for the president of the country to be recognized in such a gathering.
It is only very wrong for him GEJ to mount the pulpit and start campaigning for 2015. But remember he was
booed and he retracted.......................All the same, if he did not repent, It is only a matter of
time before God will show himself to him that He (God) is not a comedian). cool
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by miftpulse: 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
what a pity, so you want mic
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 25, 2012
k2039:

So does Goodluck speak or recieve special prayers at the Aso Rock Chapel.

You also have to take cognisance of the fact that GEJ came to Redeem as a guest not as a member.

then why did he get speaking time? undecided You're desperately clinging unto straws to justify this... not surprisingly, you cannot back up your stance with the bible either.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 25, 2012
k2039:
I understand your point, but I doubt if it will be so applicable in a real life situation to allow your president sit behind the front pew or not to address the whole congregation.

If it was his church(I mean where he is a memeber) then your point is applicable

Frankly I agree with joseph1832's post.
www.nairaland.com/1140769/holy-ghost-congress-political-congress/5#13529573

Besides I already told you I'm not a redeemer neither is the GO my favorite pastor, in fact I have disagreed with some of his messages but in thos case he did the right thing.

Your pastor would likely have done thesame thing, it's just courtesy for the president.

It is very applicable. Obama attends church here on sundays and he sits in the pews just like everyone else neither is he allowed to address the congregation. Besides his security entourage, he is treated no better than every one else.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by k2039: 6:05am On Dec 25, 2012
davidylan:

It is very applicable. Obama attends church here on sundays and he sits in the pews just like everyone else neither is he allowed to address the congregation. Besides his security entourage, he is treated no better than every one else.
That's his church where he is a member just like GEJ doesn't address the congregation in Aso villa's chapel.
He was a visitor at the redemption camp not a member.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 25, 2012
k2039:
That's his church where he is a member just like GEJ doesn't attend the congregation in Aso villa's chapel.
He was a special visitor.. Abi na im be d first visitor for camp?
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by k2039: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2012
davidylan:

then why did he get speaking time? undecided You're desperately clinging unto straws to justify this... not surprisingly, you cannot back up your stance with the bible either.
He got the speaking time because he is the president.

Let's be logical here, he is attending the camp after two years and you think it was wrong with him addressing the congregation as their commander in chief. If he attends the camp regularly then I could have condem is frequent address to the nation.
My issue with the whole address was his campaign which I agree was wrong. He shouldn't have campaign on the pulpit.

I already told you that I don't attend Redeem and I was never at the Camp during the congress but I see nothing wrong with what the G.O did except GEJ's capitalisation on the opportunity(using it as a campaign groung).

I quite agree with all your points but if you were the GO you will likely have done thesame.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by k2039: 6:15am On Dec 25, 2012
musKeeto:
He was a special visitor.. Abi na im be d first visitor for camp?
I see you, so you wouldn't have given GEJ a honourable welcome if he comes to your house, will you just treat him just like every other person.

Besides all special visitors including the G:O?s from other church get to sit in front.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Dipwater(m): 6:36am On Dec 25, 2012
bimstik: Stop criticizing abeg. Mr. Solomon Bankole , who sent Ʊ to resign ? Ʊ had beta say de truth rather than misyawning . Dad G.O ΐƨ a man of God , A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ also not i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ de best positn to judge. When Jesus was on earth, Ħξ preferred to sit wiv de sinners to de saints. If Jesus cud do this, so why can't Baba allow a sinner i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ his church . Any politician da comes to de camp A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ make empty promise , will surely face de consequence himself. Av Ʊ ever seen some1 da deceive God A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ go unpunished ? No1.

Yes ibb deceived uR god and wasn't punished ,obj did the same and wasn't punished
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Dipwater(m): 6:37am On Dec 25, 2012
Av Ʊ ever seen some1 da deceive God A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ go unpunished ? No1. [/quote]

Yes ibb deceived uR god and wasn't punished ,obj did the same and wasn't punished
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 25, 2012
k2039:
That's his church where he is a member just like GEJ doesn't address the congregation in Aso villa's chapel.

that is quite a lie. Even when Obama attended the church for the first time (as president in 2009), he was not allowed to address the congregation and was treated no different from everyone else
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 25, 2012
k2039: He got the speaking time because he is the president.

Let's be logical here, he is attending the camp after two years and you think it was wrong with him addressing the congregation as their commander in chief. If he attends the camp regularly then I could have condem is frequent address to the nation.
My issue with the whole address was his campaign which I agree was wrong. He shouldn't have campaign on the pulpit.

I already told you that I don't attend Redeem and I was never at the Camp during the congress but I see nothing wrong with what the G.O did except GEJ's capitalisation on the opportunity(using it as a campaign groung).

I quite agree with all your points but if you were the GO you will likely have done thesame.

I choose to read James 2:1-7 rather than being "logical"... man's way of excusing his own unjustifiable perfidy.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by greatdave(m): 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
Na wa o...so dis debate is stil raging? Una neva taya?! Its well...
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by oluwagbetayo: 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
u go fear comments.I don laff tire for here o.nice job keeping my company.God dey and He's watching us all,and probably laffin @ us,there will b lots of surprises on judgment day
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by nwakaibeya1: 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
Do you know that To have wisdom of God of justice is the ability to accept unbelievable truth and revelation especially when it hurts and comes from where you never never expected it to come from and help yourself to become best person? Behold and don't forget that when JESUSCHRIST came with UNBELEIVABLE wisdom and POWER how many people believed him even so called prophets and prophetess and pastors etc where there then and they never followed him ?so as usual we don't expect multitudes to believe us but only time will tell who is saying the truth.we have also spoken to the world and say investigate us and our truth&revelation about the kingdom of JESUSCHRIST which we say has already come back2judge&revenge and said if he will come back like a thief how do humanbeigns claim to know how a thief commerce does a thief announce his his comming if a thief decides to visit you?why not be WISE and think deeply about what we have spoken spiritually afterall doesn't it occur or doesnt it seem to you that it's the same JesusChrist and God that we have been talking about so why are humanbeigns not accepting even to accept that we said no fasting and night vigil for the same JesusChrist to empower you and give you peace and power and protection especially instead of suffering yourself continually while professing JesusChrist in the tradition of night vigils and fasting etc?after all the same bible said test every spirit and know which one is real or fake but in quoting bible and you are spiritualy blind how would you confirm the spiritual and the truth&revelation that we speak? Only time will tell who is telling the truth or not but why do we Tell you that our truth&revelation is accept or perish if we are not sure of what we speak knowing fully well that evil dominate the land but with our unbelievable Light we conquer all Evil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? / Don't Joke With COVID-19 - D.K. Olukoya / Apostle Suleman Speaks On Stephanie Otobo’s Confession, Reveals How Wife Reacted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.