Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,754 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:25 PM

A Muslims View On Christmas - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Muslims View On Christmas (2525 Views)

What Is The muslims View On Life After Death? / How Muslims View Easter / Y Do Wahhabi Muslims View Shia Muslims And Other Muslims As Being False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by aminho(m): 7:36am On Jan 03, 2013
probsolver: Alhamdulillah am a muslim see d way iSsue was tackled, It is only in Islam u can see such, backing evrything with evidence NOT EMOTION or sentiments, we cant teach Allah and His rasul d deen. @op I fEel what u r feeling maybe u ar surrounded by many xtians but d issue is u av to do it d way Allah and Rasul taught us that is when it will be acceptable. May Allah make it easy. Don't wait til xmas period to think of good u can do for ur xtians frnds or neighbors. And pray to Allah to make d religion easy and practicable for u and evry1 of us. AND FOR THOSE USING HARSH WORDS ON HIS/HER fellow brothers pls desist we ar muslims not ordinary human being. The best nation ever raised for mankind. Q3:110. Love u all
you are right I graduated from elkanemi college f islamic theology and hen the nigerian defence acadmy so I knw what I wrote but if am wrong I ask Allah 4 forgivness and may he grant us understanding and jannatul firdaus nuzula haliduna fiha abada
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by hadbak: 1:28am On Jan 05, 2013
aminho: you are right I graduated from elkanemi college f islamic theology and hen the nigerian defence acadmy so I knw what I wrote but if am wrong I ask Allah 4 forgivness and may he grant us understanding and jannatul firdaus nuzula haliduna fiha abada
brother congratulating d kuffar on their disbelieve n shirk is unislamic/haram weda dey r ur frnds or family bcus dey r blaspheming Allah. Even when dey congratulate u, u shld not respond. no scholar from the companions, or d ilustrious imams(Rahimahullah) said is permissible to say merry xmas, happy nu year or easther, seasons greatings etc cus its like congratulating dem on their kufr. U can show dem luv every oda day bt on THAT DAY i.e xmas n d like when dey blasphem Allah, it isn't permisible. We as muslims must b stronge agaisnt kufr n shld show respect, tolerant, politeness to d disbelievers n invite dem to al-islam bt we mst not submit to participtg/congratulatg dem in shaa Allah. May Allah guide us all, ameen.

1 Like

Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by tpia5: 1:31am On Jan 05, 2013
hadbak: Even when dey congratulate u, u shld not respond.

can you explain this statement.

when who congratulates who?

i dont think a christian would be congratulating a muslim in this scenario, or maybe i dont get your meaning.

or do you mean if a christian greets a muslim happy ramadan, ramadan kareem, eid mubarak, happy eid el fitri, etc, the muslim should not respond?
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by hadbak: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
tpia@:

can you explain this statement.

when who congratulates who?

i dont think a christian would be congratulating a muslim in this scenario, or maybe i dont get your meaning.

or do you mean if a christian greets a muslim happy ramadan, ramadan kareem, eid mubarak, happy eid el fitri, etc, the muslim should not respond?
when d xtians say merry xmas n happy nu yr to muslims, dey shldnt respond. oh yes some xtians do congratulat muslims on xmas n nu year bcus dey believe deys notin wrong doin so. I'm a witnes in shaa Allah. I received msges frm some of my bbm xtian frnds n neighbours wishin me merry xmas n a prosperious nu year in advance..n unfortunately i have xtian relatives who does dt too,dey c it as normal. may Allah guide dem to d right path, ameen.
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by tpia5: 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
I doubt i've ever seen such, sounds very strange, but i guess it can happen.
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by Juwonesho(f): 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Salam alaykum brothers and sisters.
@ OP: where in the Qur'an did u read that Allaah(SWT) said "we can marry christians and jewish women and even eat their food"? Muslims speak and act based on facts and evidences, not on our personal sentiments or opinons. In Qur'an 2: 221, Allaah says "And do not marry polytheistic women until they believe. And a believing slave woman is better than a polytheist, even though she might please you. And do not marry polytheistic men until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you".
*And that 'the Prophet (SAW) visited his jewish neighbour who was ill', did u read that he congratulated them or celebrated with them on christmas day?
Mind u, neither ur muslim name; that u have a muslim family background; nor even the fact that u attended a "College of Islamic theology" make you a muslim. Islam is not a birthright. You only become a muslim by consciously and deliberately accepting what has been brought and taught by the Prophet (SAW), and act accordingly. I'll advise u get proper knowledge of the Deen before claiming to speak for it or represent it especially in public. Ignorance abt d Deen is dangerous. Like Sayyid Abul A'la Mawdudi said in his book LET US BE MUSLIMS that "A person who is totally unaware of the difference between Islam and Kufr, and the incongruity between Islam and Shirk is like someone walking along a track in complete darkness. Most likely his steps will wander aside or on to another path without him knowing what is happening. This example shows that your greatest danger lies in your ignorance of Islamic teachings and in your unawareness of what the Qur'an teaches and what guidance has been given by the Prophet(SAW).
May Allaah(SWT) count us among those whom He has guided. Ameen
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by Juwonesho(f): 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
aminho: and who told you am not a Muslim?my name is Muhammad musa amshi smileySo get your facts right
Funny u
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by itunu8(f): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
Deen4me: @ AMINHO

You failed to give any proof or evidence to back up your claim that Islam tells us to wish Christians a Merry Xmas.

Here is what the Quran Says about the concept of Xmas

They say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son!"
Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!
As if the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin.
That they should invoke a son for (Allah) Most Gracious.
For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son
Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to (Allah) Most Gracious as a servant.

Quran 19. 88 - 93

Greeting someone Merry Xmas means implicitly that you accept or approve of the action or rituals of disbelieve (kufr) in the oneness of Allah

In is out of respect of Allah Prophet ISA (Jesus) and the teachings of the Rasul Peace be Upon them, that we as muslims reject the falsehood that they proclaim.

Allah does not begat nor was he beggotten. Quran 112

Prophet Isa (Jesus) AS was not born on 25th of Dec ( http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/117239/church-year/67665/Christmas )

Arewa has enough problems than to worry about saying merry xmas to xtians, like solving the multitude of child beggars and sending them to school.

I suggest you learn about Islam before you pass judgement on what you have no knowledge about

We as muslims are not to be found encouraging or congratulating someone for disbelieve

The sooner xtians realise that its out of respect that we don't do such , the better the understanding among the various religions.

And Allah Knows best

No, i strongly disagree with u.
Ok then why dont u simply accept d fact that we christians also advocate that WE DONT SERVe the same God cos we bliv dt God is not the author of confusion. If u do d same den u dont av to bother about wt we blv about jesus nd definitely if u do choose to say merry xmas to som1 dt dosnt mean u r acceptn, reconin or aprovin anitin..its wt u bliv in ur heart that matters. Afterall we xtains do say barka de salah, api ramadan and d rest despite d fact dat we dont kw wat dey really mean, the word is tolerance as some1 rightly said
U see we av to accept dat we two different religions live togethr in d same country and d only way we can coexist is to accept dat we bliv different things and live in tolerance wt one anodr ,nd love one anodr despite all differences as i bliv islam also teaches.
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by maclatunji: 12:32am On Jan 10, 2013
A very interesting topic.
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
Since JESUS wasn't born on the 25 of december,it's wrong to join in celebrating d false believe.
If one greets them on their celebration by saying merry christmas,it means he/she suports d false claim
http://www.shareefudeen..com/2012/12/is-date-of-birth-of-jesus-known.html?m=1
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by aminho(m): 11:42am On Jan 11, 2013
i rest my case for today happy jummat to you all
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by tpia5: 5:01am On Feb 01, 2013
^its valentine's day now, christmas was last year.
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by justaqad(m): 11:49am On Feb 04, 2013
tpia@:
^its valentine's day now, christmas was last year.

very interesting thread.
all i could do i shake my head.
Re: A Muslims View On Christmas by justaqad(m): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam And Marketing / Is Allah Everywhere??? / Beautiful Photos Of A Transparent Mosque Built In Vancouver, Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.