Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions (12595 Views)

Army: AI Report On Clash With Shi’ites Hasty, Partial, Subjective / Why I Am Slow - Buhari / ADAMAWA GUBER: Ribadu Fails To Register In PDP, Beats A Hasty Retreat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by TRUTHTELA: 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
money-hungry :

GTFOH!

Money hungry, what are name! it says alot about HOW MENTALLY DERANGED YOU ARE and how POVERTY and MISERY led you to even use " money-hungry as your I.d, wow, obviously u'r a high school drop out, looking for who to SCAM on the net. LOSER!!!!
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by Meristem: 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
Is Jonathan still the President? I didnt know that cheesy
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by ignis: 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
duni04:
Lol..see this clown. Smh for u sha. Between people like u and jonathan himself, dunno who to blame more
Jonathan is enjoying and having fun and he is here killing himself over nothing that won't affect GEJ.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by fuckluv(f): 1:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
omo alaro: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey

www​.nairaland.com/.../gej-joke-cl...
GBAM!!!
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by kaze4blues(m): 2:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
taharqa: SHUT dat yr mouth there HYPOCRITE. In as much as i loath Anenih, is he more CORRUPT (or seen as such) than Tinubu yr master? Is Tinubu, d chap u praise to high heavens here and who virtuali CONTROLS govts in d SW, any beta?....SHUT yr trap there again..

Idiot...does two wrongs make a right?
Does the fact that tinubu is also corrupt make anenih qualify wtout blemish for d post? We need capable nd able hands @ d helm of affairs nt old slowpoke like those we av nw.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by konami001: 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
Clever man... i beg carry on jare.. na wall wey fall say make goat climb am.... Just nor come ask for my 2015 vote o... or else..
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
oyb: ode removed subsidy sharp sharp - could not even wait to april
renamed maulag sharp sharp too
sharp sharp deployed soldiers to lagos to quell demonstration

in situations that call for a fast response, he is passed out dead drunk waiting for advice from his motley cabinet of political jobbers
Interview with UNILAG-ASUU Chairman; says shut down order won’t stand

In an interview with Punch News, Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Universities at the University of Lagos, Dr. Oghenekaro Ogbinaka, argued that the union was not in support of the authorities’ decision to close down the university

What is ASUU’s position on the change of name of the University of Lagos to Moshood Abiola University of Lagos?

The leadership of ASUU, University of Lagos Branch’s leadership has diligently read the material details of President Goodluck Jonathan’s May 29th speech to the country. Without empathy, we sympathise with a Peoples Democratic Party-led government that has almost nothing to point to – as any achievement of substance of 13 years into our democratic dispensation. In crass demonstration of its continual lack of the feelings of Nigerians at a time that matters most, Jonathan’s PDP-led government has chosen this “moment of bereavement” of the entire UNILAG community to unilaterally announce a change of the institution’s name to the bewilderment and annoyance of all stakeholders.

ASUU, UNILAG salutes the courage of our students and all who have spontaneously rejected this change of name. UNILAG is the first university to have been established by an Act of Parliament in Nigeria. It is the first and only outstandingly well-built university by the Federal Republic of Nigeria at a time Nigeria had little funds.

The Obafemi Awolowo University was established and built by the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s Action Group-led Government; Ahmadu Bello University was established and built by the NPC led government of Sir Ahmadu Bello; the University of Nigeria, Nsukka was established and built by the Eastern Region; the premier University of Ibadan was established and built under the regime of our colonisers and subsequently acquired by Nigeria at independence; the University of Benin was established and built by the then midwest government.

The University of Lagos is the first University to have used the brand name UNILAG, unlike UI, ABU and UNN, thereafter, most other universities have chosen to be branded “Uni-this or Uni that” The 1962 Act of Parliament that established the university clearly states:

“as from the appointed day the university established by the UNILAG Act 1962 shall be a body corporate by the name of the University of Lagos…”

We, therefore, condemn the most undemocratic and military-like/inspired approach the President has gone about his not-well-intentioned honour of Chief M.K.O. Abiola.

The Federal of Nigeria has chosen the wrong institution and the wrong time. We are not taken aback on this. UNILAG will not go into celebrating its golden jubilee with a PDP-led Jonathan government’s name.

So how do you think Abiola should have been immortalised?

In order to honour the late Kwame Nkrumah, the people of Ghana established  and built a new university named Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, the University of Ghana, Legon; the University of Cape Coast and the University of Education retained their names. No university was rebranded by the United States of America in order to honour the Late Martin Luther King, Jr. The condemnable action of the Jonathan-led government is a cheap and lazy approach of a government that is unable to build any worthwhile institution that can be named after a nation’s heroes. This is shameful.

UNILAG is a brand that its stakeholders have laboured, for 50 years. We are not ready to sacrifice this; as the implication of so doing is enormously disastrous to those who attended the university, who are in the university and who aspire to come into the university. If the Federal Government is “in truth and indeed” desirous of honouring Chief MKO Abiola with a university, we will advise President Jonathan to name any or all of his newly, established nine universities that are yet to issue certificates to anybody after him. The wrong rebranding of UNILAG will impose huge financial cost on the university in the face of corruption.

So, what will ASUU want the government to do now?

That is simple. We, lecturers at UNILAG will call on the Jonathan administration to do the right thing by reversing this wrong decision. It is wrong to do a right thing wrongly.

But the authorities of UNILAG have shut down the institution for two weeks as a result of protest embarked upon by the students. Do you think this is justified?

The union interacted with the students from hall to hall and it was clear that the decision (to shut down the university) was uninformed and unpopular. Under our leadership the Dean of Students Affairs assured the students that nobody will eject them from UNILAG and we, as academic members of staff will commence lectures on Monday. The shut down order won’t stand.

What is ASUU going to do if the Federal Government refused to reverse the decision?

You cannot change the name of child at 50 without his or her consent. We will fight this for the interest of all universities in Nigeria. Nobody will use universities built by others to score cheap political points. MKO Abiola deserves to be honoured. The ingenious Federal Government of Nigeria should learn how Ghana honoured Kwame Nkrumah and how USA honour Martin Luther King Jr. What they have done is very uncreative and an insult on Nigerian educational institution. Only military dictators can be that unimaginative.

What do you think will be the impact of this name change on the university?

That is the point. Let National Universities Commission, Tertiary Education Trust Fund, and the Federal Ministry of Education tell the world what it would cost to rebrand the biggest university brand in Africa and how it will be funded. Is that the priority of UNILAG? Let the corrupt leadership of Nigeria Labour Congress tell us what they will contribute to this rebranding. What value will the name Moshood Abiola add to the name University of Lagos? He should be honoured with any of the nine new universities created by the Jonathan-led government. We are not against that.
From Punch(may 2012).
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
We don't have leaders in Nigeria. What we have is Looters. Mr Presidullard, Upon all your allowances, salaries and investments, you still budget 9 billion Naira for your food. What are you using your salary for? Don't tell me you are feeding the whole Neighborhood in Aso Rock. How many children do you have? Does your village people live with you @ aso rock? Greedy fool. You cannot justify anything you do.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by plendil: 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Meristem: Is Jonathan still the President? I didnt know that cheesy

treason!! angry angry
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by awodman: 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
duni04:
Lol..see this clown. Smh for u sha. Between people like u and jonathan himself, dunno who to blame more
Duni04 y result τ̅☺ name calling..I was expecting you τ̅☺ disprove his post on a point-by-point basis..I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅ an event U̶̲̥̅̊ can't do that,simply stop d name callin n insults
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
After all of the people who you guys is singing their praises now looted our treasury and planted the seed of corruption na GEJ go cum use him magic stick change am over night. The fight against corruption is more harder and tougher than the fight against terrorist. Cause all these corrupt folks are backed by the western top gunners who benefit from the corruption in this country.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by PEREP: 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]@Sincere 9gerian, people like you are more reason why we are in the mess we are in now, the issue on ground now is not about ACN, it's about the OP's post, ACN might have failed us but GEJ hasn't done any better(that's the issue on ground).

Let's not be blindfolded by party, our assessment should be based on their records, it's not about painting one party black to make the other look white. I agree that ACN has failed, PDP has failed.
[/color]

Pls educate us about achievements and tell me feats have not been achieved in the area of transportation, power, agriculture, Education, Electoral reforms and most importantly roads within 2011 and now. If past governments have been this consistent about these sectors, Nigeria will be far ahead by now. I agree the security situation has been all time low but this shows the extent of weak security architect Jonathan met on ground. He has so far proved that levelling a place like Odi cannot work in parts of the north where violence is very high. In terms of politicking, he is not the best and that has affected a lot because we politicize everything in Nigeria.
I am more convinced ,Nigeria is on the path of greatness
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by filia4real(m): 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
omo alaro: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey
www​.nairaland.com/.../gej-joke-cl...
He is not a joke at all. He understand d workings of the system, and he's using them to his fullest advantage. He understands that tinubu & co are desperate to capture sw. So he gave them so as to win d zone 4 himself. He did. Now he's working towards 2015. Only a brilliant smart person could stop him.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by k2039: 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
PEREP:

Pls educate us about achievements and tell me feats have not been achieved in the area of transportation, power, agriculture, Education, Electoral reforms and most importantly roads within 2011 and now. If past governments have been this consistent about these sectors, Nigeria will be far ahead by now. I agree the security situation has been all time low but this shows the extent of weak security architect Jonathan met on ground. He has so far proved that levelling a place like Odi cannot work in parts of the north where violence is very high. In terms of politicking, he is not the best and that has affected a lot because we politicize everything in Nigeria.
I am more convinced ,Nigeria is on the path of greatness
[color=soyouquotedme]Your post made so much sense, you are the one who will educate me and show me is accomplishment since you think he has faired better [/color]
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by vandarsar(m): 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
You are probably an ibo. Only ibos justify mediocrity, for God sake the argument is anenih and not tinubu why can't u use your brain?
taharqa: SHUT dat yr mouth there HYPOCRITE. In as much as i loath Anenih, is he more CORRUPT (or seen as such) than Tinubu yr master? Is Tinubu, d chap u praise to high heavens here and who virtuali CONTROLS govts in d SW, any beta?....SHUT yr trap there again..
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by OsunOriginal: 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
DivideUs: Why dis guy de always address us from church?

Because he wants to divide Nigerians along religious line - at least if nobody will vote for him, the zombies in the church will do and he can simply complement that with rigging to win.

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by OsunOriginal: 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
vandarsar: You are probably an ibo. Only ibos justify mediocrity, for God sake the argument is anenih and not tinubu why can't u use your brain?

Of course he is Igbo - no other tribe in Nigeria is as mischievous as Igbo race. And the reason no Igbo will rule this country. They are cursed.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by sunny4life(m): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/617433[/img]
chai!.....una no go kil me wit laughter..... grin
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by muktarmtt(m): 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
k2039:
[color=soyouquotedme]Another slow poke like the C-I-C.

I understand why GEJ may probably win in 2015, if we have more slow pokes like you, he will definitely win by a wide margin at that.
[/color]

You just demonstrated to the whole world that you are a person and a product of a failed education system
shut D Bleep up mumu wit wat ge will win 2015 wit new fuel price nd one billion naira 4 his feeding y u dey chop gari nd akara 4 suffer if u vote 4 dat guy u r a. Mumu of d first oder
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by k2039: 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
muktar mtt: shut D Bleep up mumu wit wat ge will win 2015 wit new fuel price nd one billion naira 4 his feeding y u dey chop gari nd akara 4 suffer if u vote 4 dat guy u r a. Mumu of d first oder

[color=soyouquotedme]Slow poke, expect my reply when you learn to write in clear and good english, honestly, I don't understand the shi.t you wrote goofball. [/color]
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by muktarmtt(m): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Francis510 wrote:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/why-nigerians-think-im-slow-president-jonathan/
Hold it ryt dere mr francis or wat ur name is wat d Bleep r u tlking abt u mean anybody frm north is BOKO HARAM cos I jst hard u call our VP member of BH, u knw wat wen I start reading ur post I tot u r smart nd interligent but am wrong u jst lyk d person u r cursen I mean GEJ better watch wat u r talking next time nd take dat sttment back.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by nagoma(m): 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
solomon111: nagoma is a northerner.
His anti-GEJ bias stems from islamic fundamentalism and pro-buhari stance.

You can't reduce everything to Islam versus Christianity just to cover up the President's gross ineffectiveness. I will be surprised if majority Christians living in this country feel the president is doing very well. Except perhaps people like Ayo Oritsejafor who has now collected his jet bought from the Nigerian treasury. We must talk so long as there is bad governance by a Muslim or by a Christian - we have the right.

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by Vansnickers: 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
What makes a leader, whether it be of a country or of a business is the ability to make those hard decisions when necessary.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by nagoma(m): 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
solomon111: yes,they 've been improvements in the country,you just have to look to see them.

King Solomon will be ashamed to have you named after him. You have the opposite of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by 76Naira(m): 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
Slow?..........Stagnant...
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by topmostg: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
This man is not taking security issues with a firm grip instead dulling himself....naija is as gud as doomed wit this dull Gej....
Abeg, if you know you cant tackle the security issues (bh), pls resign asap. Dullest of'em all
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by ignis: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
OsunOriginal:

Because he wants to divide Nigerians along religious line - at least if nobody will vote for him, the zombies in the church will do and he can simply complement that with rigging to win.
Its obvious that this is coming from an empty brain.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by wellmax(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pat- Jona darling, why are these children yabbing you na?
GEJ- I'm coming, let me ask Abati
Pat- when will you answer me?
GEJ- I have τ̅☺ form a committee and take time τ̅☺ think of necessary action.
Pat-give me a date
GEJ- I can't, you don't understand our process, this is not like when I was still a fisherman.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by Smooyis(m): 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
k2039: As expected, you never seem to dissapoint me with your speech, complete and utter bulshit, nonsense.

Again you just demonstrated plain and obvious stupidity with your lame and dumb excuses.

The earlier this man keeps his mouth shut and stops spewing dust the better for him. The more he talks the more she shows he is a slo.w poke.

A doctorate degree doesn't guarantee intelligence and smartness.
. Well I think u are wrong to have insulted our president like that. You can always express your opinion without being rude. Infact u need to tender apology for this especially if u ever pray to be an achiever. Uneasy lies d head dat wears the crown. All we need do is to positively criticize d president and other leaders and also encourage them to do better.
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by k2039: 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
Smooyis: . Well I think u are wrong to have insulted our president like that. You can always express your opinion without being rude. Infact u need to tender apology for this especially if u ever pray to be an achiever. Uneasy lies d head dat wears the crown. All we need do is to positively criticize d president and other leaders and also encourage them to do better.

[color=soyouquotedme]Apology my a*s*s.

This doesn't stop me from achieving my goals, in fact I expect to be more criticised than him, it's part of what his office entails.

If he knew he couldn't stand the heat he wouldn't still be in office now.

Encouraging him doesn't change the fact that he is indecisive and confuse which is evident in the Op's post.
[/color]
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by k2039: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
solomon111: If you 've not seen any improvement in the country,then you must be a very insincere person.
[color=soyouquotedme]Maybe, you list them for us [/color]
Re: GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions by REVOLUTNIS: 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
taharqa: MUMU-ish, since u are so smart, point out the 'nonsense' in d speech and let me 'go ova' them wit u... The way u just chose to express yr view show that yr parents FAILED woefully in yr upbringing.. I 'pity' them
That is very rude of u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar: I Will Declare My Presidential Ambition In Due Time / 2023: Adebanjo, Clark, Govs Dialogue On Igbo Presidency / Gbajabiamila: Secret To Tinubu’s Political Success Are The Ties He Built In 1992

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.