Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:46 AM

Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) (27037 Views)

What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
slimyem: i'm saying that the girl was more interested in unimportant things like playing dress-up,posing and catwalking than the basics which was a problem the mother wasn't interested in checking!
Stop reading on the surface!!!
do u live in their house to know if the mom isn't putting effort on the girl's education. Reason wise for once,pls.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by SisiKill1: 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
@ Topic
I do agree with the people saying it's not the girl's fault and it's unfair to put her pictures up like so. OP please find a way to blurr her face or even just take it down completely.

There are other pictures out there you can use (google Toddlers and Tiaras) that will still stay in line with the topic.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Reference(m): 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ada Nri1: This is a private matter. Most probably playing "dress up" with mommy. Here you are calling a little girl bad names. Who doesn't wear bikinis

Very true but down the line the very girl will begin to shout. 'Why am I made a sex object by others', 'there's more to me than this'. Well, the foundation of course.

My perspective of parenting is absolute neutrality. The only aspect that should be permitted and encouraged are God given skills. Attitude, disposition, perceptions must be as pure, as bland as possible until these kids come of age., responsible, knowledgeable and able to bear the consequences of their actions.

In short words, give these kids the best possible chance to be anything later in life rather than pre-stress them and complain of unfulfilled potentials later in life.

Once that kid in the photo perceives that her body has an inordinately weighty value I can bet you hardwork and mental acumen will begin to suffer and I can also bet someone somewhere will start work on making that clear to her shortly.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by opeoluwa2(f): 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
masterpiecer:

Should the OP have posted a picture of a lorry to show us how inappropraite the pose is, theres no holier than thou display here, and how r u even sure that the pix were gotten directly by the OP, informations these days gets into the web some way or the other, so no blame OP, blame the babymama

Anyparent on this thread should feel bad cos children this days dnt need any lesson on how to emulate dancesteps,poses and all the nonsence our vidoes,musicians are chewing at us.
Moreover,the joy of everymother is to see the bright side of their children.
These are pictures taking by a mother or anyother person just for the fun of it.
Put yourselve in the parents shoes,would you be happy if this girl was yours and her pictures are littering a public forum and arrows of insults are shut at her?
Do unto others what you want pple to do to you.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by anitank(f): 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
opeoluwa2:

Shut ur trap joo.
Is a bbm display picture or wassap for public viewing?
This op got access to this pics cos he/she is either a friend or family member.
This is a privately taking unprofessional shots.
My dear before u say any further, I got that picture from FACEBOOK, which we all know is a world wide public forum. And no, I don't know the parents personally. I just found the pose inappropriate and thought to share it on here. But if u think there's nothing wrong with that, fine! Am sure u'll understand better when u have a child of ur own

2 Likes

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by andyprez(m): 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Some things are just taken to the extreme really. So, what does the mum want us 2 say?.... "Sexy baby"... Well, I've said mine now. Guess she's happy. Why can't we just let kids be kids?
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by masterpiecer(m): 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
has any1 notice the way the lil girl is pulling her mouth? even lil girls cant even take photo without the infamous lip pulling stunt of nowadays girls.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by anitank(f): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
andyprez: Some things are just taken to the extreme really. So, what does the mum want us 2 say?.... "Sexy baby"... Well, I've said mine now. Guess she's happy. Why can't we just let kids be kids?
Precisely my point!!! Why can't we let our kids be what they are....kids? If we start exposing them to things like this at their very early stages in life, we are only going to end up regreting such decisions when they eventually grow up
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by freecocoa(f): 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
Seriously now why are people shouting "and when she gets molested bla bla bla"?

As if this little angel being dressed like this is reason to get molested.

Many of you are sick on a whole new level.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
andyprez: Some things are just taken to the extreme really. So, what does the mum want us 2 say?.... "Sexy baby"... Well, I've said mine now. Guess she's happy. Why can't we just let kids be kids?

mummy burberry babe! mama model! mummy future kim k! mummy omobaby ge!
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by ositadima1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mum, probably with friends, trying to catch some fun, I dont c anything sexy here, just cute. Its not a big deal nah.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by masterpiecer(m): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
opeoluwa2:

Anyparent on this thread should feel bad cos children this days dnt need any lesson on how to emulate dancesteps,poses and all the nonsence our vidoes,musicians are chewing at us.
Moreover,the joy of everymother is to see the bright side of their children.
These are pictures taking by a mother or anyother person just for the fun of it.
Put yourselve in the parents shoes,would you be happy if this girl was yours and her pictures are littering a public forum and arrows of insults are shut at her?
Do unto others what you want pple to do to you.

get it right, the lil girl is not to blame, i wouldn't feel happy if it were my child, but that what parents are meant for; to look after their kids and take responsibility of them, obviously that pix wasn't taken by another kid, it mostly likely by the parent(s) of the kid, and that is wat we r kicking against.

If it were to be that the lil girl was dressed up as a nurse or a teacher, then it wouldav been cool, but dressing her like dat and taking pix of her does 2 tins:

1- rubbing the lil girl of her innocence and infancy'
2- making her feel its ok to dress like whor*, whereas its inappropraite
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by opeoluwa2(f): 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

So if she thinks clean and dresses naked, she is clean. Baa ?

Rules of writing.
1)Coherent
I think u lack it,betterstill
Rephase your writing
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by anitank(f): 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
felifeli:

Shame on you OP. Are you sure you are not a man posing as female ? Any adult who takes advantage of a child this young whatever she is wearing/not wearing and whatever the look on her face ought to be castrated.SMH
Shame on you even more, for being in this world long enough not to know what's going on around you
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by ositadima1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
masterpiecer:

get it right, the lil girl is not to blame, i wouldn't feel happy if it were my child, but that what parents are meant for; to look after their kids and take responsibility of them, obviously that pix wasn't taken by another kid, it mostly likely by the parent(s) of the kid, and that is wat we r kicking against.

If it were to be that the lil girl was dressed up as a nurse or a teacher, then it wouldav been cool, but dressing her like dat and taking pix of her does 2 tins:

2- making her feel its ok to dress like, whereas its inappropraite

Naaaah, d lil girl probably doesnt know all this our implications, this is for fun, I dont support posting it on a public media though
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by SisiKill1: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
OP here are pictures you can use

This one dressed like Julia Roberts' character in Pretty Woman (A Prostitute)

This one dressed like Dolly Parton. . .with Boobs and all

This one showing us her sexy Pout

This one showing off her Belly Dancing Moves
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
masterpiecer:

the adults that pose like that are girls of the playboy mansion
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by huninaija(f): 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sisi_Kill: OP here are pictures you can uses

This one dressed like Julia Roberts' character in Pretty Woman (A Prostitute)

This one dressed like a Dolly Parton. . .with Boobs and all

This one showing us her sexy Pout

This one showing off her Belly Dancing Moves

Future lady gaga's and jackie chan's grin shocked
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by ositadima1(m): 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
lol, so...
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by opeoluwa2(f): 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
masterpiecer:

Rubbing her off her innocence and infancy?
Is the little girl naked?
Are you seen her tits?
Are they not swim suit?
What most people are good at is condemnation, what is she suppose to wear for swimming?
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by ositadima1(m): 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
[quote author=Sisi_Kill]
(A Prostitute)

Hahaha, this one must be a doll.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Joebeck(f): 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
Any mother with her right senses will not dress her child like that. No wonder the issue of rape is becoming rampant everyday. Like mother, like daughter.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by TableLeg(m): 2:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
slimyem: You do know a person dressed half-nakId is more seductive than a stark naked person..don't you?
No i dont undecided
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by anitank(f): 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
opeoluwa2:

Seriously,you need to renew your mind.The bible says "as a man thinketh in his heart so he is"
You sound like a serial child molester,for you to find this little girl attractive.
You have never been an intelligent poster. Can't be bothered by anything from u

1 Like

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by opeoluwa2(f): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
anitank:
My dear before u say any further, I got that picture from FACEBOOK, which we all know is a world wide public forum. And no, I don't know the parents personally. I just found the pose inappropriate and thought to share it on here. But if u think there's nothing wrong with that, fine! Am sure u'll understand better when u have a child of ur own

Did you take permission from the facebook page before stealing it for public condemnation?
I'm surrounded by children and I know when kids gets naughty they will just comeup with all manner of pose and they shout snap me snapp me.
I'm perticularly angry bcs of this little angel that has become a subject of castigation by all and sundry.
Mothers have a lot to play no doubt ,but next time look for a public picture not private ones.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by SisiKill1: 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
It's not even about her dressing paving the way to being raped (no way am I gonna make excuses for perverts).

That kinda dressing on a little child is just plain wrong. It is NOT appropriate! SIMPLE!!! At this age, she shouldn't be this aware of her body. She should be wearing clothes just because it is the thing to do. . . not because she wants to be pretty for someone else.

Seriously, Why do parents want their children to grow up too fast these days? What happened the to Barbie dolls and the toy Kitchens? Do they still sell My little Pony Farms? And the Car Racing toy set? Do today's kids know what Legos are?

Why isn't she outside playing chef by cooking grass vegetable for her Sand Eba or trying to force her way into playing football with the guys?

Tis Sad! cry

2 Likes

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
opeoluwa2:

Did you take permission from the facebook page before stealing it for public condemnation?
I'm surrounded by children and I know when kids gets naughty they will just comeup with all manner of pose and they shout snap me snapp me.
I'm perticularly angry bcs of this little angel that has become a subject of castigation by all and sundry.
Mothers have a lot to play no doubt ,but next time look for a public picture not private ones.

the owner of the picture probably shared and spammed the picture, seeing it as some sort of source of pride

i have to wonder what rubbish she has her kids watching - they seem so comfortable in those poses

nigerian parents really have no idea what is not right for kids
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by slimyem: 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
Yomieluv: do u live in their house to know if the mom isn't putting effort on the girl's education. Reason wise for once,pls.
yes,i lived in the same house with them!
Something's definitely wrong with you if you can't see my point!!
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by anitank(f): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sisi_Kill: @ Topic
I do agree with the people saying it's not the girl's fault and it's unfair to put her pictures up like so. OP please find a way to blurr her face or even just take it down completely.

There are other pictures out there you can use (google Toddlers and Tiaras) that will still stay in line with the topic.

Thanks in advance.
Sisi_Kill honey, if the mum or whoever who pic-mixed and posted it on facebook think its cool, I don't think we should stress ourselves looking for replacements
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by masterpiecer(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
opeoluwa2:

Rubbing her off her innocence and infancy?
Is the little girl naked?
Are you seen her tits?
Are they not swim suit?
What most people are good at is condemnation, what is she suppose to wear for swimming?

that pix wasn't taken by a pool side, n those to-match burberry design boots aren't divers flippers, so she obviously wouldn't be swimming in them, pictures tells story n wat those pix tell is a wanna-be pose by a lil girl whose wanna-be pose should be of a doctor or a nurse or a lawyer..., this is not condemnation or criticism but a kick-against wat is inappropraite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.