Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,468 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:02 AM

Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) (27038 Views)

What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by mabcos: 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mavor: @OP, What makes you so sure that these weren't worn only at home at the pictures taken at home? You posting these pictures on a public forum like this is the one with real mental issues. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. mtchewwww!!!!!
even at home, it teaches d same prostitution. So don't even justify it.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by mamagee3(f): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
That girl looks so cute!!!
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Ilekokonit: 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
I remember going to a kids birthday party at VI some years ago and when it came to the kids dancing competition, all hell was let loose and the dancing competition was won by an 8 year old girl whose dance moves were raunchier than that of desperate night club girls at 3am.

Some parents don't even monitor their kids TV and Internet usage with kids as young as 5 having unfettered access to their own dedicated TV in their bedrooms. In todays age where nudity is used to advertise all prroducts, I wonder what that poor 5 year old would have sucked up in terms of inappropriate TV ads by the age of 10 just because mum and dad were foolish enough to allow him unfettered TV access from age 5.

Talk of Garbage in Garbage Out

With Channel O, MTV Base, Big Brother Africa ruling the waves, the age of wide eyed innocence of kids is sadly long gone.

I remember the first time I saw Big Brother Africa aired in Naija in 2003 and to my dismay they were showing one of the house mates having a shower with full frontal nudity being displayed on Naija TV at 10am in the morning. Even though it was not my house, I changed the channel and did not care that the homeowners 9 year old son wasn't too happy I changed the channel. But my thinking was that if I would not allow my own 9 year old to watch trash, why should I allow someone elses child to watch trash ?

Oju merin lon bimo, Igba Oju lon to(4 eyes are responsible for bringing a child into the world but 1,000 eyes are responsible for bringing up the child)

Our kids are daily bombarded with vile evil on a daily basis such as hawkers of indecency movies as they walk home from school, Video rental shops renting out same unhindered and now if the kids happen to have careless parents who allow then unmonitored internet access then only God can redeem such a child.

This internet and facebook age is turning out to be a disaster for childhood innocence and general societal morals.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by jidewin(m): 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
anitank: Seriously I would hate to sound like some old fashioned lady here because that is so on the contrary..... but would you have your 6 year old girl dressed up like that (which I didn't really take seriously), and then posing for the camera with her butt popped out from behind,pouting like that? Isn't that going to start getting the attention of guys who would think she's hot(which sometimes lead to child molestation and ra-pe)

Dear Anitank,Thank you for raising this.Many future generations are been destroyed out of carefree attitude( I gat rights) which subjects our children to molestation and the likes.I am also seizing this opportunity to inform my countrymen abroad,not all characters displayed and presented by the westerners are worth emulating.Look at South Africa for example,popular known as the rape capital of the world. The women, old and young capitalize on summer to wear provocative revealing clothings all in the name of I GAT RIGHTS, and what do they end up with...highly infatuated boys and men of low esteem, who devours them.
Swaziliand governement recently banned their women from wearing micro mini and low waist jean in the PUBLIC,guess what South Africans thinks and assume, They (Swazis are primitive).Do not encourage your children,especially the female ones be exposed to such provocative dressing as ealry as the ones we saw in the photos for example. These children are innocent and unaware of the consequences their delicate exposed bodies could do to men of low esteem.They are everywhere.
Take this from a concerned parent.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Dudugirl01(f): 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mavor: @OP, What makes you so sure that these weren't worn only at home at the pictures taken at home? You posting these pictures on a public forum like this is the one with real mental issues. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. mtchewwww!!!!!
no mother in her right senses should take pictures of her child like this<even @ home,charity begins @ home, train up a child which way to go and he will never depart from it, if you teach your child decent dressing, things like this will disgust such a child in the house
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
But Dudu please what's wrong with that picture? or your eyes are just going where they're not supposed to like her lower area shocked?

She's still growing , she's a chubby girl and all her curves will show in a tight outfit , she's just a kid in a swimsuit and a rubber boot grin for God's sake !..... Oluwa ma gbawa kę !
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Mavor: 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dudugirl01:
no mother in her right senses should take pictures of her child like this<even @ home,charity begins @ home, train up a child which way to go and he will never depart from it, if you teach your child decent dressing, things like this will disgust such a child in the house
You are missing the point. The silly OP does not have to come to a public forum and post the weird pose pictures of this innocent little child for all to see just to buttress a point. There are a lot of sickos in this world who get off on pictures like this. Simple.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mavor: You are missing the point. The silly OP does not have to come to a public forum and post the weird pose pictures of this innocent little child for all to see just to buttress a point. There are a lot of sickos in this world who get off on pictures like this. Simple.

OP got what he wanted .... 20 pages of parenting bashing
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Sike(m): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
Charity they say begins at home. SmH :-|
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
^^^ see what I mean? Keep it coming till page 20 cool
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
opeoluwa2: Seriously,you need to renew your mind.The bible says "as a man thinketh in his heart so he is"
You sound like a serial child molester,for you to find this little girl attractive.

Thank you, you voiced my own thoughts.

A child is a child, regardless of what they wear, regardless of a pose in a photograph, regardless of expression. What I fail to understand is why the OP chose to share these photographs on a public board. And yeah, I've heard they've been posted elsewhere, but that's no excuse.

I've seen photographs of people posted online, but that's no license for me to save them, and share them further. It's damn wrong, unless you have the permission of the owner.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
Lmao
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by Tonionyeka(m): 6:11am On Dec 27, 2012
don't claim you have not seen this kind dressing on the street.
Re: Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) by stantob(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2012
Wrong.Very wrong!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.