Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. (10166 Views)

Fashola Must Champion New National Standard For Urban Roads / Barbaric And Satanic Fashola Must Pay For This!!! / Pdp, Obanikoro: Fashola Must Resign Now ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by ACM10: 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
Okija_juju: These Yoruba people resoning dey tire person...

Some of them have even started talking about Lagos Laws and Federal laws as if to say Lagos State laws superceeds Federal laws..

Anyways, here is the simple summary of the issue;

1. Is the sale/ownership of firecrackers illegal in Nigeria (under Federal Laws) or even in Lagos (Under State Laws)?!

NO.

2. Was the fire cracker shop illegally located as stipulated in any Federal Law or Lagos State Law?!

NO.

3. Did the shop violate any known federal or Lagos state laws with regards safety or health harzard?!

NO..

4. So on what basis are these Yoruba people calling for the prosecution of the shop owner?!

Absolutely Nothing but cheap Alomo and Amala induced sentiments..

Case closed...

NEXT CASE!!!!!!!!!!
grin
Eccentric Okija juju. . .
Bia nwokem, I will like to sip a little of your Nri palmwine.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Okijajuju1(m): 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
ACM10:
grin
Eccentric Okija juju. . .
Bia nwokem, I will like to sip a little of your Nri palmwine.

Nwannem, I shall be Live in Nnewi Tomorrow and Nri on Saturday, send me your location and I will DHL you 50Litres free of charge... grin
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hmmmm.... Why must everything be: US vs. THEM??

Fashola made some interesting points... Why jeopardize people's safety and destroy properties just because you want to make a few bucks?? Why are people so greedy in Nigeria?? Smfdh... Yet you wonder why your country is a cesspit - go figure! undecided
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by macherie1: 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Fashola should ans dat question? Afterall, he is the one choppin the tax money from the business. As long as the imports are not drugs or ammunition or dangerous to liv, then they are legitimate business for a Nigerian.

We want to encourage people to seek an honest living not kidnappers, drug dealers or armed robbery. Perhaps Fashola is tryin to encourage the alternative to a honest living or create poverty and desperation.

Fires happen all over the world and as such his comments are off track. Improve the fire services Fashola...
Did u really read the whole story. Do u have an idea how many buildings got burnt? What if yours was one of them? Wud u still be saying the same thing?and wat has fashola and Tax got to do wit pple dangerously storing fireworks for sale?Think of this and edit ur post please.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by ACM10: 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwannem, I shall be Live in Nnewi Tomorrow and Nri on Saturday, send me your location and I will DHL you 50Litres free of charge... grin
Nwannem, let me write my will first before accepting your generous gift. grin
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
oyb:

you of all people - a worker in the oil industry should know better - fireworks are hazardous materials and should not be stored in residential areas.

Security guard for Totalfinaelf sef na Oil industry worker :d grin
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Security guard for Totalfinaelf sef na Oil industry worker :d grin

security ke - the guy de sell chin chin and ragolis water to staff - e dey claim worker because them give am "contractor' id card cheesy cheesy

no be so platinumk convert herself from intern to full fledged bank worker cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by DaLover(m): 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Usually in sane countries, people would ask for the heads of the regulatory agencies who failed to protect the people...but in nigeria the sitting governor uses the opportunity to whip up ethnic sentiments.

Before he brought brt busses to lagos...molues were killing people falling into the rivers, etc...such statements did not come from the governor..

The governor has forgotten that the unfortunate event was allowed to happen because one or two of his agencies have failed in their responsibilities....

Anyhow it's always easier to blame than to act

2 Likes

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
So, regulatory bodies are meant to tell you about health and safety - and that highly inflammable objects are not meant to be stored in a residential area, no The guy who said the average IQ of Nigerians is around 70 is definitely right on the money with that... undecided

No, why can't you blame God as well for not stopping the fire since it happened during Christmas period??
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by free13: 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
DaLover: Usually in sane countries, people would ask for the heads of the regulatory agencies who failed to protect the people...but in nigeria the sitting governor uses the opportunity to whip up ethnic sentiments.

Before he brought brt busses to lagos...molues were killing people falling into the rivers, etc...such statements did not come from the governor..

The governor has forgotten that the unfortunate event was allowed to happen because one or two of his agencies have failed in their responsibilities....

Anyhow it's always easier to blame than to act

That is how they always make useless and bigoted statements.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Pharoh: 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
So what is the work of a regulatory agency? shocked
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Pharoh: 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
It seems our tribalism has made us to look our tribal leaders as infallible entities as there is nothing in this world that would make us to condemn them because of tribalism.Fashola is a governor and at the same time a Nigerian even though he is Yoruba, so please lets treat this case as a Nigerian affair and call a spade what it is.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Nah, where's the common sense? Anyone with an IQ higher than 50 should know what to do and what not to do with highly inflammable objects... Keep waiting for people to spoon-feed you - and I bet you wait for shoe manufacturers to tell you how to tie your shoe lace as well.. grin
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Pharoh: 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
I mean most people in Nigeria stores petrol which is highly inflammable in residential areas for their generators for heavens sake.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Eko Ile: Well, we all know the money hungry folks he was appealing to. Unfortunately, you can not keep appealing to these money hungry and do anything for money hungry beasts, you have to lock them up or keep them out.
And u opened dis tribe just for us to assist u in bashing dose ppl creating dier future? Get a life joor.
Seriously, d yorubas av a problem.so,d only thing to derive frm d thread is dis n when i say u are tribalistic ,it seems as if...........
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
Oh well - perhaps, I need to cite the average IQ of Nigerians again... grin

However, when the same government start coming hard on these people, you lot are going to start screaming tribalism, elitism, high handedness etc.. You can't eat your cake and have it... Get with the programme and act civilised, or get swept away by the wind of change... It's 2013 for crying out loud!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by babapupa: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
shymexx: Oh well - perhaps, I need to cite the average IQ of Nigerians again... grin

However, when the same government start coming hard on these people, you lot are going to start screaming tribalism, elitism, high handedness etc.. You can't eat your cake and have it... Get with the programme and act civilised, or get swept away by the wind of change... It's 2013 for crying out loud!!

Well said jare.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by DaLover(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Pharoh: So what is the work of a regulatory agency? shocked

How does one answer such a question?
Who prevents people from using residential buildings as commercial storage points?
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Collins93304: 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Who owns the store full of bangers?
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by DaLover(m): 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
shymexx: Oh well - perhaps, I need to cite the average IQ of Nigerians again... grin

Since when has shouting ever prevented fash from performing his duties? Or it is because there is no immigrate money to be made by Tinubu? Sorry but your governor just exposed himself as a tribal bigot...this is not expected from a man of his calibre...

Provide adequate environment for people to do business and come down hard on anybody violating...that's all we are asking....stop blaming Igbosi when you fail...
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Sprumbaba: 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
dayokanu: Some people dont care as long as they make the money even if its by selling chalk as paracetamol, Sachet pure water as drip etc
Reminds me when I bought Panadol in Aba in 2001, I saw 2 different chalks inside one sachet.

Na that Aba my friend bought case of Five Alive for his neighbors and the whole neighbors (A whole compound) had diarrhea.See queue for single toilet!
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by DaLover(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
It took several buildings to fall down in lagos (fash did not blame Yoruba landlords or architects or engineers for wanting to make a quick buck), before he could wake up to his responsibility of ensuring that structures are in live able conditions, even right now we are not sure that the agency charged with doing this is working as it should.....
Such would have lead to a resignation in sane countries, but here the almighty governor blames those he is elected to protect.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Pharoh: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
DaLover:

How does one answer such a question?
Who prevents people from using residential buildings as commercial storage points?

Though i am asking that question in light of someone saying u don't need an agency or authority to tell you not to do in some certain things.

Now to answer your question, there are housing management authority, agencies that have housing estates and government environmental agencies that should be responsible for this. If someone is using a residential area for commercial storage of goods then there should be appropriate authority that they can be reported to who can come in to fix this illegality.

Due to our peculiar system of individuals owning residential properties then the landlord of the place should be contacted or they can take the case to the local government to report the illegality. Do you want to tell me now that someone can just convert his house into a commercial storage facility in a well regulated estate like Victoria garden city or the likes without the appropriate authority or the housing agency in charge taking care of this?.
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
DaLover:
Since when has shouting ever prevented fash from performing his duties? Or it is because there is no immigrate money to be made by Tinubu? Sorry but your governor just exposed himself as a tribal bigot...this is not expected from a man of his calibre...

Provide adequate environment for people to do business and come down hard on anybody violating...that's all we are asking....stop blaming Igbosi when you fail...

This has nothing to do with any ethnic group but more to do with the hazards that come with this type of business... At least, if you're going to do anything as hazardous as this, it's better to do it that right way, take the necessary precautions, and don't endanger other people's lives and properties just because you want to make a few bucks...

It's just common sense... However, most Nigerians are too greedy...
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by DaLover(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
Pharoh:

Though i am asking that question in light of someone saying u don't need an agency or authority to tell you not to do in some certain things.

Now to answer your question, there are housing management authority, agencies that have housing estates and government environmental agencies that should be responsible for this. If someone is using a residential area for commercial storage of goods then there should be appropriate authority that they can be reported to who can come in to fix this illegality.

Due to our peculiar system of individuals owning residential properties then the landlord of the place should be contacted or they can take the case to the local government to report the illegality. Do you want to tell me now that someone can just convert his house into a commercial storage facility in a well regulated estate like Victoria garden city or the likes without the appropriate authority or the housing agency in charge taking care of this?.

Yes, they can, many residential building are converted to commercial buildings outside of the master plans in VI, lagos and elsewhere in nigeria, and we see this everyday ...agencies of government fail, hence the government fails...but decides to blame others

2 Likes

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
DaLover:

Yes, they can, many residential building are converted to commercial buildings outside of the master plans in VI, lagos and elsewhere in nigeria, and we see this everyday ...agencies of government fail, hence the government fails...but decides to blame others

For how long are you going to blame the government for everything?? Nigerians also need to start taking responsibilities for some of their actions...
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by DaLover(m): 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
shymexx:

This has nothing to do with any ethnic group but more to do with the hazards that come with this type of business... At least, if you're going to do anything as hazardous as this, it's better to do it that right way, take the necessary precautions, and don't endanger other people's lives and properties just because you want to make a few bucks...

It's just common sense... However, most Nigerians are too greedy...

Please stay on track, the governor made a very tribal statement, even though he tried to disguise it....
Molue drivers and owners driving rickety vehicles around lagos claiming lives on a daily basis did not get this statement..
People building poorly designed houses collapsing every now and then in lagos did to get this statement

Despite the more law abiding nature of people in London, you still see the government taking pains to mount cameras on the streets of the city....government always stands on guard to make sure that house that run foul pay the price...because human nature is to follow the shortest cut/ path of least resistance....

It would have been better for the governor to come out and admit that the government has failed in its responsibilities, and then state what measures are to be up in place, or what punishment the heads of the monitoring agencies will get etc... Not to blame Igbos in a disguised manner...
Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by DaLover(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
shymexx:

For how long are you going to blame the government for everything?? Nigerians also need to start taking responsibilities for some of their actions...

Appearantly you and fashola don't know the purpose of regulatory agencies o just being mischievous and tribal

1 Like

Re: Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. by babapupa: 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
DaLover:

So, the fact the the government failed means your actions as a citizen should be illegal, anti social with no personal and civic responsibility?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What A Yoruba Christian Said About Nnamdi Kanu Now And Got 1000 likes (Pictures) / Middle Belt Groups, Afenifere, Others Kick As ACF Rejects State Police / Oshiomhole Denies Plotting To Return As APC National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.