Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Free to Air codes - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free to Air codes (304465 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free to Air codes by coolguyz(m): 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2008
enitan or gangsta101 please how can i reach any of u guyz, u amaze me wt the info u turn out regularly, a busy broda here needs HELP, wanna get hooked unto this FTA thing.
have a HITV at home and a spare dish i was advised to keep and can use for FTA configurations. i need ur help asap.
Re: Free to Air codes by darkside1: 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2008
@gangstar101 thanks i say your post i was writing exams then
Re: Free to Air codes by Gangsta101(m): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2008
Dark_side,

Glad i could be of help.

Coolguyz,

No probs, that's why were here, i can't speak for Enitan but u can contact me, i won't post my phone no. on this thread, but if u click on my username, u should see my gmail addy, u can send me a mail and i can then send u my no. please include details about where u stay, space constraint, e.t.c, but i would rather you just posted every question u might have on this thread or on the official FTA thread here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182209.224.html#msg2989026, cos who knows, your question might be of help to someone else.

Enigma,

As promised, i have feedback, but unfortunately it isn't good news at all, i did download some of those files, and when i got home, i proceeded to load them unto my receiver via a USB flash, well, the decoder did recognise them and proceeded to do the firmware upgrade, unfortunately after rebooting, it got hooked on the 'bootloader' screen giving me a message "failed to load firmware, damaged software" or something like that, (haven't looked at it in a couple of days cos i haven't been around.), but the remote control and other hardware buttons don't work.
now because it can still go through the motions of booting, i am still hopeful it is just a problem of a bad patch, and the processor might still be okay, now the only problem is how to reload the software probably via serial cable or what i have heard mentioned about as JTAG. by the way, i have given the whole process some thougth and i have come to the conclusion that it might not necessarily be that the downloaded file itself was bad, rather, it didn't copy properly to the flash drive (there are so many fake flash drives about, a lot of them will not accept mutiple data writing i.e. if you write unto them once, no probs, but when u try to write something unto them again, the subsequent file comes out as a corrupted file), so i think that might have been what happened (meanwhile the flash drive was supposed to be new!!! )

Anyways, i guess this brings me to a new chapter in my FTA learning curve, how to load firmware via serial cable. i have tried that, cos i download an iclass channel loader software, which i think can also be used to upload firmware unto the decoder but even though i have tried several times, it isn't loading, but then i am not sure i am doin it right.
what i don't know is if/when u connect the stb to the desktop via serial cable (rs232c 9 pin female to 9 pin female), isn't the computer supposed to recognise it as a new hardware or something? again how does one select the right com port? cos the CPU only list com ports 1 and 2 under device manager, so is it those ones i select under the option for "select com port" in the loader program? too many questions and i am so tired right now, but i'll sleep on it for now and hopefully, tomorrow i should be fully rested enough to pursue this subject.
Re: Free to Air codes by Enigma(m): 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2008
Ah Gangsta, sorry to hear about your receiver.

To revive it, first try the forced update method which means you need to try and load the software using a PC/laptop and null modem cable (RJ 45) instead of the Flash Disk. For this purpose you can also use official loader and official firmware from the manufacturer's website. When the receiver has been revived, you can then try again to patch it.

The modalities are that:

- you download relevant loader and software to your computer
- connect computer to receiver but making sure receiver is switched off
- start loader and try to send software to receiver
- then switch on receiver

The receiver will be forced to accept the software and if the software is not corrupt, the receiver will be raised from the dead. You can use generator power (with plenty of fuel) when doing it, if Nepa cannot be trusted.

Good luck with it.
Re: Free to Air codes by Gangsta101(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2008
Enigma,

i have been trying something like that but with no luck. but there is something i need to clarify, you said 'Null modem' then RJ45, but i thought the RJ45 cable was the type used for computer networking, the type that looks like a phone wire? because i can't think of where that will be plugged into the receiver, the cable i have been trying to use is like i described above, something like this , but i'll still go back and check again. i think i have the required softwares sha. i'll get back to you.
Re: Free to Air codes by Enigma(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2008
Devil's fingers, mate; devil's fingers, I tell ye!

Of course it's not RJ 45; it is RS 232 and indeed it is the cable you pictured i.e. both ends are female.

Use official Loader and official software to do it -- or is that what you are doing already? In which case try unofficial material as well.

Sometimes, you have to try it a few times before you 'hit' it.
Re: Free to Air codes by Gangsta101(m): 10:09am On Oct 27, 2008
Ha ha, no probs. but i have tried doing everything within my limited knowledge but it just won't work. there is this fella that encountered a similar prob on this thread hxxp://www.sat-television.com/showthread.php?t=23947, so i know there is a precedent for fixing similar decoders, i also downloaded several loaders including one from iclass and another called 'upgrade 2.25', both of which should be able to load the software unto the decoder, but the problem is THE COMPUTER IS NOT 'SEEING' THE DECODER.. i have tried using all the com ports available, i even tried using a USB to serial cable out of the laptop and the using the rs232 cable between that output and the decoder but no luck. so either the fault is from the cable or there is something else i am not doing right. i am going to collect another cable today and try that one out, if that doesn't work, i'll try making a cable of my own and see. i'll definitely get back to you.
Re: Free to Air codes by Gangsta101(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2008
Enigma,

this is getting a lot more difficult, i've changed cables, changed computers, and just about everything i can, i've reconfigured the com ports, tried different loaders and ever hyperterminal, the system just won't recognise the receiver (this has been the same even before i loaded that patch that was damaged).
I even opened it up and checked the terminals of the serial port just to make sure it was properly soldered on, cos i read somewhere that could also be a reason why windows might not "see" the receiver, but still no luck. i am fast running out of ideas, and the US presidential elections are just around the corner. Any ideas?
Re: Free to Air codes by Enigma(m): 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2008
Gangsta

Sorry again to hear you are still having trouble reviving the receiver. In fact the various things that you have tried are what I would have suggested including using Dreamloader like 225./ (Aside: in fact, I am almost certain now that the iclass is an Hivion receiver).

For now, the only other thing I can think of is to suggest that you try another computer; also, did you try another cable as you said you would?
Re: Free to Air codes by captainus: 9:42am On Oct 29, 2008
@Enigma,

On sat-max.net I observed two key formats: The DEC(24 characters) and HEX (16 characters).

The key format on my decoder(4653x) is 32( for biss keys) on a row or 16 in two rows(for irdeto, cryptoworks e.t.c).

Now my question is how do I enter the 24 character(Dec) on my decoder?Thanks
Re: Free to Air codes by Gangsta101(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2008
Captainus,

Let me fill in for Enigma if I may, the strong decoder uses Hexadecimal keys so you do not have to try and enter the dec keys, just the hex ones. the dec keys are usually arranged in clusters of three, up to eight in a row and consist entirely of numbers, while the hex keys are clustered in twos, up to eight in a row and consist of both alphabets and numbers (alphanumerics). but essentially, they are both the same, just the same numbers in different bases. so since your decoder uses only hex, those are the keys you have to enter (BISS and otherwise).
But if you only got the dec keys then you can convert them to hex using a scientific calculator or hex-dec converters, you can google them and see.

Enigma,

Thanks for your input, its about time i got another decoder anyway, though i'll still keep trying out different things sha. Yesterday, i tried using a 'Serial-to-SCART' connection by taking a cable from pin 2 of the serial to pin 12 of the SCART, and from pin 3 to 10, and finally Pin 5 to the 'ground' of the SCART, but it still wouldn't connect, that receiver is just being unnecessarily stubborn, but i'll keep hammering at it, and gaining some knowlege along the way.
Re: Free to Air codes by captainus: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2008
@ Gangsta101,

Thanks very much.Very well explained
Re: Free to Air codes by fasone(m): 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2008
[b]@gangsta101,

i can feel you and ur problem, if you still like ur receiver, u can do better. just go back to the shop where u got it from, and if they still have ur model explain to them that u ran into problem and u want to do stb-stb transfer of software. i pray they will agree. go there with ur working RS232 serial cable. u see, i ran into the same type of ur problem with my HITV pvr receiver. it is a clone and there is apparently nothing for it on the net. i got a file from the net and uploaded it using my flash disk and hell was let loosed. it wouldnt boot again but displayed error info here and there.though i had the backup of its software on my PC but no uploader or communication with it through its RS232 port, though windows hyperterminal client did displayed some info, indicating that the serial communication was ok. finally what I did was go to my supplier who has the same type, did a STB-STB serial files transfer from his own menu options and after some minutes my set came back alive.I rescanned my channels. since then i have not ventured to try uploading any strange patch file into it. so bros, tread this path and lets see how it goes. remember that your null modem RS232 cable pin configuration should be in this form: pins 2-3, pins 3-2, pins 5-5 and of course ground to ground, in case u are making a new one or confirming an old one.
good luck.[/b]
Re: Free to Air codes by FMarshal2(m): 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2008
@Gangsta101

Are you sure the COM ports are active in the BIOS of your PC? If not there will be no communication between your PC and the STB (Receiver). Which COM port are you using? Most loaders default to COM 1, maybe you should try other COM ports to see if you'll have any luck. smiley
Re: Free to Air codes by Gangsta101(m): 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2008
All,

I had some problems with my network connection, so i went off the air for a while. thanks for your various inputs though, the US elections were just around the corner and i couldn't keep on waiting again, so i went and got one of the new strong 4663X, and i have been using it since then.

F_Marshall,
i don't think it is from the COM port, cos i have tried 3 different desktops, and 2 laptops, one of the laptops didn't have a dedicated com port, so i used a USB to serial converter and from there, to a laptop, still didn't get any response from the receiver.

Fasone,

I thot that might help, problem is that I cannot find anyone out there who has the same or even a similar receiver, just for the heck of it, i tried connecting my strong to it, just to see if a data transfer would be possible, even if it would end up worsening my prob, but nothing doing. i will leave it aside for a while and see, while trying out other alternatives. thanks for all your input though.
Re: Free to Air codes by Bigheart(m): 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2008
How can I crack MYTV channels?
Re: Free to Air codes by juleiuxz: 5:32am On Mar 19, 2009
i need fta frequecy i mean real frequencies for fta dat faces d sky i already a frequencies but is not clear cos i use a strong decoder 4651x and itis always 5 digits but i got just 4 digit so pls can someone help me wit dis i like watching football and american movies.thanks

Re: Free to Air codes by juleiuxz: 5:37am On Mar 19, 2009
pls can someone explain more on fox sports hoe to watch it free i need to watch premier league i can i go about it
Re: Free to Air codes by shakshak: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2009
Hi thanx loads for the codes but its that am new to FTA channels and all and i would like to know in details how do i unlock the channels?!?!??!
Am from Mauritius and am on panamsat PAS7/10. ive got an eurostar decoder. so where do i put the coeds?!?!?! can any1 help me plz!!!!
Thanx,
my email id is handsomeshak@yahoo.com,
regards,
Shak***
Re: Free to Air codes by mejimeji(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2009
hello my name is kenny from ivory coast abidjan adja,e temidire orelope street.pls i need the help about satelite.my brother have strong decoder and satelite c band how i can get faaji tv and ga,zaki and other nigeria station chanel what menning of mpeg.i saw daarsat frequence but to get daarsat i i need to get decoder mpeg what mening of mpeg pls in our area we are yoruba and ausa and ibo we want to get the daarsat system.this is ùy email fazowar@yahoo.fr lps i beg
Re: Free to Air codes by mejimeji(m): 5:43pm On Apr 25, 2009
hello my name is kenny from ivory coast abidjan how i can get fta configuration hitv or daarsat or other
Re: Free to Air codes by rich8: 12:56pm On May 31, 2009
hi gangsta 101.i have bee in this furom for a long time b this is my f post.please i have big problem.and i want to di wit u please.please.can i get u email adrees so that i can dis wit u if not posible then this is my email richkoo@rockemail.com
Re: Free to Air codes by rich8: 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2009
i know this sit is to help.so i have discover some securit and becuse of the ro of this sit i can not post it .so any one that have intrest sh take not, richkoo@rocketmail.com,
Re: Free to Air codes by allanbumba(m): 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2009
Hie my name is Allan Bumba. I live in Malawi. I have a Fortex star 5600 decoder and I pressed a factory reset entry by mistake and all channels were lost but after I had run automatic search on Pas 7/10 satellite all channels were restored but I am not able to view SABC 1, 2, 3, and Etv. Their signals are very excellent but indicating scrambled but before this I used to watch them. The satellite position is 68.5 degrees East. Please help me on how I can enter the codes to activate these channels. You can send the solutions to my email at allanbumba@yahoo.com. or on this forum to help others too. please, please!
Re: Free to Air codes by Enigma(m): 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2009
Hi Allan Bumba

When you did the factory reset that made the receiver revert to its original software. You need to load an 'unofficial' software/firmware which is sometimes called a 'patch'. Such software can be found on some websites including
http://www.maldiviandigital.com/satellite-tv-receiver-section/satellite-tv-receivers/fortec-star/ (you will have to register before you can get the software).

NOTE be careful (a) that you get the correct software for your particular receiver (I think there are different models e.g. Plus/Lifetime/Ultra etc); (b) make sure you first read carefully and understand the tutorials on how to load the software to your receiver.

Good luck.
Re: Free to Air codes by allanbumba(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2009
Hello everybody especially you Enigma!

I greatly appreciate for your quick and timely response you provided me with concerning my Fortex Star Decoder in which I was looking for codes to open scrambled channels. The website you gave me was really helpful and now am able to watch SABC Channels and Etv. I really appreciate. Many, many thanks!
Re: Free to Air codes by frankhills(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2009
pls i am interested. what are the things needed for it?
Re: Free to Air codes by rich8: 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2009
hi guruofsat please there is mre i have to len from u but i have try all u conta numbers it did not please if posible h is my email richkoo@rocketmail.com,
Re: Free to Air codes by rich8: 11:30am On Jun 24, 2009
hi bros.please.please.please.i need help my probrem is that i ues to wacht one scramble apate from etv with this softwar wit strong 4663and4653 186p.zip it is not weking agane.please if there is any new softwar or solution that can help me please h is my e.mail richkoo@rocketmail.com any help wil be of good to me,
Re: Free to Air codes by skylolo112(m): 3:23am On Jun 30, 2009
i dont know anything about how to get free- to- air decorder or where i can get it but i am so much in love with it becos i know that it can be use to watch several tv stations accross the world, please i will need o very good and smart author to please put me through it,
but one thing i promise is that i have access to some codes you dont have cos i can buy them online.

what and what am i to do so that i can be on track to free-to-air world.
skylolo112@yahoo.com
Re: Free to Air codes by rich8: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
hi skylolo112 i saw u post please describ u problem and the cuotry u from h is my email richkoo@rocketmail.com
Re: Free to Air codes by MyHiDsDaar: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2009
Hi mejimeji how is ivory coast , i saw ur post and wish to give u sm soltns To get daarsat u have to either buy their decoder or strong decoder that is hidefinition or mpeg 4 anything short of this wont work most decoders in the market are mpeg 2 . And for u to get hitv u need to buy there smartcard hitv is not free to air for more assistance this is my email topheruru@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.