Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,963 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 (15165 Views)

Lagos Oilfield To Miss December Production Target / Lagos Oilfield To Miss December Production Target / Lagos Oilfield To Miss December Production Target (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2013
pazienza: In your initial post,you seemed to be saying that lagos had always had an advantage over calabar,but we know that's not true,what ever advantage lagos have today,it earned as the former capital of nigeria,should calabar have retained that title,we wouldn't be talking about lagos today.

Don't derail the thread, bro..
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by SamAfrik(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2013
Nice 1 Lag. Nigeria is 2 blessed for Nigerians to be suffering.... I just hope politicians & other leaders will be tired of looting and concentrate more on making d citizens live more comfortably.
I wont speak evil of Nigeria this year.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 02, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahahahahahahahaha

When did you become a politricktian?? grin

You're definitely doing a better job than uncle Gbawe and Eko Ile!! grin

Tinubu's influence in the ACN is still strong, especially in Lagos. The calculation is that in 2015, Fashola would either run for Senate or will be on a Presidential ticket.
Then Mrs Oluremi would be drafted into the governorship race. I predict that the PDP would make it a very close race, due to their recent victories in some LG elections. However, in the end, Senator Oluremi Tinubu will take the Governor's oath of office come May 29, 2015 to become the first elected female Governor in Nigeria. Of course, this all depends in part to whether Oluremi expresses interest in the race.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by solomon111(m): 9:15am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

Tinubu's influence in the ACN is still strong, especially in Lagos. The calculation is that in 2015, Fashola would either run for Senate or will be on a Presidential ticket.
Then Mrs Oluremi would be drafted into the governorship race. I predict that the PDP would make it a very close race, due to their recent victories in some LG elections. However, in the end, Senator Oluremi Tinubu will take the Governor's oath of office come May 29, 2015 to become the first elected female Governor in Nigeria. Of course, this all depends in part to whether Oluremi expresses interest in the race.
How long will we continue in the politics of god-fatherism?
This is one of the things we accuse pdp of.
For Nigeria to move forward,god-fatherism must go.
People should win elections based on their antecedents and not because he/she is married or close to a god-fellow.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 02, 2013
@shymexx: I just discovered that Nigeria's GDP figures excludes the informal sector. Some economists beleive that if the informal sector is factored into the GDP calculations, Nigeria's GDP should be over $500bn shocked smiley
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by ignis: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2013
Noise Maker :
Fashola don blow be dat. He no go look face @all
†ђξ man wey go go back †̥ him village by 2015.
Its too late for him.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2013
solomon111: How long will we continue in the politics of god-fatherism?
This is one of the things we accuse pdp of.
For Nigeria to move forward,god-fatherism must go.
People should win elections based on their antecedents and not because he/she is married or close to a god-fellow.

I share your concerns. But with the perceived favorable rating of Fashola, Lagosians might not mind another Tinubu candidate, provided that such a person articulates a clear plan to further bring economic and social development to the state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by ypzilanti: 9:21am On Jan 02, 2013
Paul John:

I understand, this development is giving you a strong headache, running tommy and killing you softly
keep it up

I think the mod should give me a special permit to abuse you like a market woman.

Are you an 1d1ot? What part of my posts do you not understand.

I come from Abia state and we have crude oil. How has this translated to any meaningful development for my once great state?

The presence of oil by itself has created more problems for Niger delta people than solutions. Unless you are a community leader, militant or politician, the average Niger delta man does not benefit anything. Google the term 'oil curse' to gain an insight on the problems associated with managing oil wealth.

Lagos state, being the home of the most accomplished nigerians and civil society organizations should prepare to monitor the spending of the oil money when it arrives. If you have a bad leader, what you will experience will be many white elephant projects that will be used as a means to siphon money. Also, with excess funds in his hand, the governor can now successfully buy the loyalty of vocal critics.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan: @shymexx: I just discovered that Nigeria's GDP figures excludes the informal sector. Some economists beleive that if the informal sector is factored into the GDP calculations, Nigeria's GDP should be over $500bn shocked smiley

It shows there's money in the system, however, they need to spread the wealth to the poor and build infrastructures... Massive GDP with nothing to show for it is nothing to celebrate - Nigeria needs to get itself together, to be honest...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

They don't need to turn the state to a family business - it's high time they allowed Ijebu people rule the state as well.... grin
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 02, 2013
shymexx:

It shows there's money in the system, however, they need to spread the wealth to the poor and build infrastructures... Massive GDP with nothing to show for it is nothing to celebrate - Nigeria needs to get itself together, to be honest...

Exactly. The FG and states should dedicate at least 55% of their budgets to the construction/maintenance of infrastructure, which would further open up more communities/cities to economic activity.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 02, 2013
These are offshore fields and going by Obasanjo onshore/offshore oil dicotomy policy, Lagos as a state wont get a dine frm dis oilfields. OBJ cunningly defrauded d south-south pple with dis policy and took the revenue dat is supposed 2 go 4 d benefit of d south-south states 2 d FG. Let nobody fool himself 2 think dat Lagos wil earn direct revenue from these oilfields. Now frm OBJ policy, it will be d turn of south west 2 suffer d same fate mated 2 d south-south states. I am saying d fact and not talkin like Sir Alex Ferguson of Man United when he loses a match.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by SamAfrik(m): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2013
I hope Lagos will be able 2 manage its vast resources well. Next Gov shd sustain ds devpt.
Leaders are needed in all d states of Nigeria...Im tired of seeing citizens of small countries in Africa living better than Nigerians.
Congrats to Mod. Afam4ever.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by 2good(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2013
Lobolintin: 10yrz 4rm nw,oil wil lose its value
Thesame was said 100 years ago. Oil will still be with us for at least the next 50 years and beyond. The world economy revolves round fossil fuel,
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by slimfit1(m): 9:37am On Jan 02, 2013
pazienza: In your initial post,you seemed to be saying that lagos had always had an advantage over calabar,but we know that's not true,what ever advantage lagos have today,it earned as the former capital of nigeria,should calabar have retained that title,we wouldn't be talking about lagos today.
what are you talking about, apart from the bridges nothing is in a Lagos since The 1970s the only contribution of FG was the third mainland bridge apart from that what else. Its not like the FG had a housing system where all the houses are built by the government. There wasn't even a planing structure that was follow even building law didn't exist, if it exist it wasn't followed.Lagos been the capital didn't add much to its beauty.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by solomon111(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

Exactly. The FG and states should dedicate at least 55% of their budgets to the construction/maintenance of infrastructure, which would further open up more communities/cities to economic activity.

True!
They should also remember the military.
Nigeria's economy is growing but the military is still deficient in modern hardwares.
I don't see why the FG can't use 'just' $2bn from our foreign reserves to buy modern hardwares for the military,given the various security challenges in our country.
They are only looking to embezzle.
Smh.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Gbawe: 9:38am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

Where are you getting all this from? You are way off target. Forget Fashola running for the senate or Remi Tinubu becoming Governor. Those are simply your own thinking and nowhere near what is factually possible or even on the mind of influential stakeholders.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by jmaine: 9:42am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

Yes oh. As Fashola would say, "EKO NI BAJE".

Oluremi Tinubu would continue from where BRF stopped on May 29, 2015. You heard it here first!

Tinubu will be an ediot to ever attempt that stunt in 2015. . . .

Mature analysis should inform you her handlers will rather have her consolidate her political career by going for a second term as a Senator
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 02, 2013
solomon111: True!
They should also remember the military.
Nigeria's economy is growing but the military is still deficient in modern hardwares.
I don't see why the FG can't use 'just' $2bn from our foreign reserves to buy modern hardwares for the military,given the various security challenges in our country.
They are only looking to embezzle.
Smh.

Yeah, I think our security forces as a whole should be funded adequately. Nigeria, believe it or not, has a sizeable number of Aeronautical engineers. I think these engineers could be engaged by the FG to produce most of the helicopters/fighter jets for the Armed forces and the police. I'm not too comfortable with the dependence on foreign nations for all of our military aviation equipment.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2013
jmaine:
Tinubu will be an idiot to ever attempt that stunt in 2015. . . .

Mature analysis should inform you her handlers will rather have her consolidate her political career by going for a second term as a Senator
I think it will even be a grave mistake if Tibubu decides to put her there.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by naptu2: 9:44am On Jan 02, 2013
Section 134 (6) of the 1960 and 1963 constitutions (which dealt with revenue allocation formula) had the sentence

"(6) For the purpose of this section, the continental shelf of a Region shall be deemed to be part of that Region".

This subsection was deleted in the 1979 constitution (which forms the bedrock of the 1999 constitution).

The deletion of this subsection was the reason for the on-shore/off-shore dichotomy crisis of the early 2000s.

Basically, the southern states sued the Federal Government and tried to get the Supreme Court to declare that they were entitled to revenue from off-shore oil production.

The northern state governments also sued the FG and tried to prevent the FG from giving any percentage of revenue from off-shore oil production to the southern states.

The matter was settled out of court, but the off-shore/on-shore dichotomy exists, even till today.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 02, 2013
jmaine:
Tinubu will be an idiot to ever attempt that stunt in 2015. . . .

That could be another option. Maybe she'll spend 8 years in the Senate before having a crack at the race for the Alausa Government House.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by ypzilanti: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

Interesting. Since she became senator, what useful contribution has she made to national issues? Have you ever seen a press statement from her? Maybe she still thinks she is a first lady, because all i see on television is one cahrity project or the other. Not that there is anything wrong with charity projects-just saying she is an intellectual lightweight and not a leader in any definition of the word. Lagos and maybe ACN is finished if they attempt this plan. Most lagosians loathe PDP, but Labour party need to up their game for 2015.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2013
@naptu2: I hope the Supreme Court rules in favor of the littoral states. The Northern Senators should encourage further oil exploration in Niger state.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by naptu2: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2013
The 1960 constitution (sorry, I haven't had the time to finish arranging it).

https://www.nairaland.com/979547/constitution-federation-nigeria-1960-other
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2013
ypzilanti:

Interesting. Since she became senator, what useful contribution has she made to national issues? Have you ever seen a press statement from her? Maybe she still thinks she is a first lady, because all i see on television is one cahrity project or the other. Not that there is anything wrong with charity projects-just saying she is an intellectual lightweight and not a leader in any definition of the word. Lagos and maybe ACN is finished if they attempt this plan. Most lagosians loathe PDP, but Labour party need to up their game for 2015.

Her charity causes could form the bedrock for a potential run for Governor. I agree that the Labour Party has a chance to make the Lagos gov race a 3-way affair. Mimiko's performance in Ondo would be a plus to any LP nominee.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by jmaine: 9:54am On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva:
I think it will even be a grave mistake if Tibubu decides to put her there.

Well I feel her chances are brighter there because an average Nigerian cares less about NASS election . .so party faithfuls can push her through again. . . .
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by pafun(m): 9:56am On Jan 02, 2013
naptu2:

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-oilfield-to-start-production-in-2014/

Better hide this from a new mod whose name must not be mentioned. I learn he has been on a hiding and banning binge over last day or so.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 9:57am On Jan 02, 2013
jmaine:

Well I feel her chances are brighter there because an average Nigerian cares less about NASS election . .so party faithfuls can push her through again. . . .
You're very right. If she is brought in as a governorship candidate in 2012, a lot of things will work against her and that will include her gender. We've never had an elected female governor in Nigeria but we've had numerous female senators and house of reps members which supports your assertion that Nigerians care less about NASS elections.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva:
You're very right. If she is brought in as a governorship candidate in 2012, a lot of things will work against her and that will include her gender. We've never had an elected female governor in Nigeria but we've had numerous female senators and house of reps members which supports your assertion that Nigerians care less about NASS elections.

I slightly disagree. The Lagos electorate are one of the most progressive, sophisticated ones in the nation. If Oluremi Tinubu is presented as the ACN governorship candidate in 2015, she has a high chance of winning the election. Though, it will be by small margin.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by jmaine: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2013
Double post
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by jmaine: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

I slightly disagree. The Lagos electorate are one of the most progressive, sophisticated ones in the nation. If Oluremi Tinubu is presented as the ACN governorship candidate in 2015, she has a high chance of winning the election. Though, it will be by small margin.

You exhibit naivety in your political calculations... If the ACN should ever pull that stunt ,they will suffer the worst defeat cos she will be viewed as an attempt to solidify the claim of Lagos State been an Asiwaju property

With the deft political prowess of Tinubu . . . . He won't sanction such a grave error . . . .

Now back to Lagos and Oil Joor grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds / 2019: INEC Appoints Adesua, Ebuka, Cobhams, Ayefele As Ambassadors / Ekiti Pdp Candidate Disrupt Fayemi's Free Health Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.