Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 (15144 Views)

Lagos Oilfield To Miss December Production Target / Lagos Oilfield To Miss December Production Target / Lagos Oilfield To Miss December Production Target (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by naptu2: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2013
[size=14pt]Lagos oilfield to start production in 2014[/size]

January 2, 2013 by Stanley Opara ⁠35 Comments

By 2014, oil is expected to be produced for the first time offshore Lagos State from the Aje gas and condensate field, which lies in Oil Mining Lease 113 in the Benin Basin, about 43 kilometres offshore Lagos.

The field is currently in the development planning stage, with first production expected in 2014, according to the United States Energy Information Administration’s website.

Aje field is expected to reach a plateau production of between 50,000 to 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day. The water depth in the region is 3,000 feet.

Key shareholders in the field include Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum and Chevron.

Chevron was appointed as the technical advisor to the operator for the project and also assigned the responsibility of preparing a development plan for the field.

The OML 113 licence covers an area of 960 square kilometres and contains several prospects, including the Jubilee and Tweneboa fields.

OML 113 was originally known as Oil Operating Licence 309 and was awarded to YFP in 1991 to encourage the growth of the Nigerian oil industry. Following the successful discovery of the Aje field, the licence was converted to OML 113 in 1998 with a term of 20 years.

Aje was discovered by the Aje-1 well in 1996. The well encountered oil and gas over three zones of the Cretaceous Turonian age. It flowed at the rate of 60.2 million standard cubic feet of gas a day; 1,729 barrels of condensate a day; and 2,389 barrels of oil a day.

In 1997 an appraisal well, Aje-2, was drilled one kilometre east of the Aje-1 well. It confirmed the presence of oil and gas in the Turonian reservoir as discovered by the Aje-1 well and encountered a deeper separate additional zone of the Cenomanian formation.

A third well, Aje-3, was drilled by Transocean’s Sedco 709 semi-submersible rig in 2005. Although the reservoir quality was not optimum, the well encountered an oil and gas bearing column within the Turonian and Cenomanian reservoirs.

In the first quarter of 2008, another appraisal well called Aje-4 was drilled by the Transocean Deepwater Pathfinder drill-ship to carry out a complete appraisal of the field. Aje-4 well was drilled to assess the extent of the field and identify additional exploration targets. The well encountered hydrocarbon reserves in the main Turonian reservoir.

Drilling of the Aje-4 well confirmed the field contains a laterally extensive reservoir structure. The field was declared a commercial prospect in February 2009.

Appraisal of the field was based on 915km of 2D seismic data, 700km2 of 3D seismic data and an electromagnetic survey.

Aje is primarily a gas condensate field formed in a four-way dip closure trap. It contains gas and oil in the Turonian and Cenomanian reservoirs and an additional gas layer of the Albian formation.

Gross contingent resources of the Aje field are estimated at 380 million boe. Of this 28 per cent is oil/condensate, 20 per cent is Liquefied Petroleum Gas and 52 per cent is gas.

The field is planned to be developed as a subsea tie back to a floating, production, storage and offloading vessel.

A total of six producers are planned for the field. They will be connected to sub sea wellheads and associated flowlines and manifolds in 320-feet water depth. The flowlines will, in turn, be connected to the FPSO through risers.

Produced hydrocarbons will be processed by the FPSO and exported through the West African Gas Pipeline or through a direct pipeline to connect to the Lagos gas infrastructure.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-oilfield-to-start-production-in-2014/
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 7:19am On Jan 02, 2013
This is serious oo

If this is true then Lagos is on the verge of living the rest of the country behind. It's just one hell of a concentration.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Osiris211: 7:22am On Jan 02, 2013
^
Congrats man for your modship!

@Topic

Now where are the sucking parasites? angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Osiris211: 7:26am On Jan 02, 2013
Getting closer to Oodua Republic? Ondo and Lagos blessed with rich oilfields?

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by NoiseMaker1: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2013
Fashola don blow be dat. He no go look face @all

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by PaulJohn1: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2013
This might make Lagos the most important City in Africa.
5th economy in Africa(on her own as a country)
Most populous city on the continent
Housing more than 70% of country's industry(banking, telecommunication etc.)
And now oil shocked

Damn, that's too much concentration. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Lobolintin(m): 7:38am On Jan 02, 2013
10yrz 4rm nw,oil wil lose its value

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Aderostock(m): 7:39am On Jan 02, 2013
Osiris.211:

You forgot to add Ogun. Forward ever!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by mapet: 7:39am On Jan 02, 2013
really? based on what scientific or economic evidence
Lobolintin: 10yrz 4rm nw,oil wil lose its value

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Lobolintin(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2013
Paul John: This might make Lagos the most important City is Africa.
5th economy in Africa(on her own as a country)
Most populous city on the continent
Housing more than 70% of country's industry(banking, telecommunication etc.)
And now oil shocked

Damn, that's too much concentration. kiss
thats mega city in makin,since 1991,they discoverd it and let it generate more til nw.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by PaulJohn1: 7:41am On Jan 02, 2013
Osiris.211:

Ogun better start drilling and stop lying of no oil cheesy
Na brain Ogun people dey always use grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Lobolintin(m): 7:42am On Jan 02, 2013
mapet: really? based on what scientific or economic evidence
based on psychological observatn and consumptn... Lik countles africa countries nw produce oil at comercial quantiy.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Boa4u: 7:45am On Jan 02, 2013
Hmmmmm Lagos has join the leage of oil poor state? Expect the east-west pothole road there soon unlike Akwa Ibom,Rivers,Etc......
By the way how is the oil well? How many peoples are the real benefactor of the oil well? Is it Baba iyabo (o.b.j), Tunubu or fashola,or who? Mbok Eyak Ado usuk-usuk oooo,,,,,could the masses stand to gain from the oil well? Or ooo? Hmmm may be! Or could they gain through the media by hearing?
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Tmany(m): 7:45am On Jan 02, 2013
just hope they put parameter in place so as to protect the marine life.
On a lighter note lagos will soon be going places more fund for better infrastructure and projects.
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by cockyjay: 7:45am On Jan 02, 2013
Osiris.211:

you forgot to add Ogun state. Good development. Now lagos will do wonders with the 13% derivation grin i trust/fashola
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Shaw007(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2013
Haha. . .without OIL sef see lagos,now with....

Hehe,Lagos,here I cOmecheesy
2013,year of agric
2014 . . .cheesy
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Lobolintin(m): 7:50am On Jan 02, 2013
Shaw007: Haha. . .without OIL sef see lagos,now with....

Hehe,Lagos,here I cOmecheesy
2013,year of agric
2014 . . .cheesy
plz dnt come abeg..*cryin*
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by PaulJohn1: 7:51am On Jan 02, 2013
I see Lagos IGR for a month increasing drastically to 100 billion Naira(N100b)
Some states two years budget grin

Definitely, taking over the whole of Ghana's economy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by naptu2: 7:53am On Jan 02, 2013
These are off-shore fields. I also heard that there are oil fields (on-shore) in the Badagry area.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Osiris211: 7:56am On Jan 02, 2013
Lobolintin:
ur fada suckng parasite,ediot.gerout o je i

Afam4eva!!!! This why you are made a moderator. Quickly ban this nuisance. angry
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by aljharem(m): 7:56am On Jan 02, 2013
I hope this is not surprising. I have told those bigots and Dalover that Lagos, Ogun and ondo have oil but we don't let that dictate the way we think.

Crude oil in Festac, Badagry, VI and makoko. It is called maturity.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2013
With this latest development, Lagos will become the undisputed richest state in Nigeria. Its (Lagos) GDP will increase to over $100bn in the next 5/6 years.
When the 13% derivation is factored in, the state's yearly budget will now be close to N800bn shocked

Eko ni Baje!
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Osiris211: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2013
Lobolintin: 10yrz 4rm nw,oil wil lose its value

Bad balle things for 2013? shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by PaulJohn1: 8:02am On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem: I hope this is not surprising. I have told those bigots and Dalover that Lagos, Ogun and ondo have oil but we don't let that dictate the way we think.

Crude oil in Festac, Badagry, VI and makoko. It is called maturity.

Egbon you're right jare
I was the first person to laugh at that your thread when I saw it last week about noticing oil in your street cheesy
No vex kiss

Eko Atlantic, Eko Ile and Geez have not seen this thread wink

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by Boa4u: 8:02am On Jan 02, 2013
Fashola on top of more revenue..........,
abeg declare unilag free for all lagosians both for non indegens too...
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by k2039: 8:03am On Jan 02, 2013
naptu2: These are off-shore fields. I also heard that there are oil fields (on-shore) in the Badagry area.

[color=soyouquotedme]I'm surprised, I never knew there was any oil feld in lagos.

About time new refineries are built, this will create more jobs.

I just hope goverent put environmental precautions in place and ensure all this all companies adhere to it, last thing lagos needs is additional pollution.
[/color]
Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by slimfit1(m): 8:03am On Jan 02, 2013
Ten years or even less from now no body would care about oil that's why I feel sorry for the south south, if you don't start developing your area now when oil has no value again no region will take you people serious again as a matter of fact you people wouldn't have any value again as a Nigerian. Make hays before or when the sun shine or how do you say it.awolowo used the west resources very well that's what made the south west stronger till today otherwise the yoruba people would have been a burden to the whole country just like our northern counterparts, no offence.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by newacca: 8:05am On Jan 02, 2013
cockyjay: you forgot to add Ogun state. Good development. Now lagos will do wonders with the 13% derivation grin i trust/fashola

God Bless Ogun state, God Bless Lagos state,God bless Ondo state and the entire SW. #Oodua Republic#

1 Like

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:05am On Jan 02, 2013
Eko Akete

The Center of Exccellence

Eko Oni Baje ooo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 by k2039: 8:05am On Jan 02, 2013
Boa4u: Fashola on top of more revenue..........,
abeg declare unilag free for all lagosians both for non indegens too...
[color=soyouquotedme]When did UNILAG become Fasola's property, I think you meant LASU. [/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG / US Faults FG On Soldiers Indicted In Army, Shi'ites’ Clash / Ibrahim Wakkala Dumps APC For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.