Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US (3905 Views)

Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / The Top 10 Military Powers In The World / 12 PDP Governors May Join APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by Nobody: 2:00am On Jan 03, 2013
Nigeria may join global economic powers in 2030 – US

Nigeria could join a handful of countries including China that would be pivotal in shaping the world’s economy by the year 2030 according to a report by the super secret United States National Intelligence Council, NIC.

The NIC report just released, projects an idea of what the world would look like in the future.

The report which is an articulation of expertise opinion from the US intelligence community released last December, however, admits that it may not be exact.

It is a fact many Nigerian experts would appreciate given earlier expertise opinion from the United States army that Nigeria may implode by the year 2015.

The report could come handy to Nigerian administration officials working towards the goal of putting Nigeria among the top 20 economies by the year 2020.

In the report on Global Trends 2030, the report notes that the United States and Europe would be overwhelmed by the economic powers of Asian countries as China and other Asian countries and Brazil take a leading role in dictating the pace of the world economy.

China according to the report would just overtake the US before 2030 as the world’s biggest economy.

Other powers including Nigeria according to the report, would also jump to the top in global economic ranking.

“In addition to China, India, and Brazil, regional players such as Colombia , Indonesia , Nigeria , South Africa and Turkey will become especially important to the global economy,” the report says.

“The diffusion of power among countries will have a dramatic impact by 2030. Asia will have surpassed North America and Europe combined in terms of global power, based upon GDP, population size, military spending, and technological investment.

China alone will probably have the largest economy, surpassing that of the United States a few years before 2030.

“Meanwhile, the economies of Europe, Japan, and Russia are likely to continue their slow relative declines.”

Since its establishment in 1979, the NIC has served as a bridge between the intelligence and policy communities, a source of deep substantive expertise on intelligence issues.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/nigeria-may-join-global-economic-powers-in-2030-us/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 03, 2013
Interesting...
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by Willy7(m): 5:10am On Jan 03, 2013
Thats goodnews.But i hope they wont include this in GEJ's next speech,because he's fond of seeking such unsubstantiated approval rating to make his govt look busy and progressive.Btw is Nigeria not breaking again?Thought d same US predicted it.Or has it suddenly bcom d case of 'D mouth that spoke evil against u will speak good of you?'.It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by MajeOfficial: 6:48am On Jan 03, 2013
The US denied saying Nigeria would break up. America is more foolish than you think.
Notice they excluded themselves from the countries that are set to decline?
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by FrankC3: 7:02am On Jan 03, 2013
Willy7: Thats goodnews.But i hope they wont include this in GEJ's next speech,because he's fond of seeking such unsubstantiated approval rating to make his govt look busy and progressive.Btw is Nigeria not breaking again?Thought d same US predicted it.Or has it suddenly bcom d case of 'D mouth that spoke evil against u will speak good of you?'.It is well.
The problem of folks like you is that you hate GEJ more than you love Nigeria. You are too afraid of his succeeding and hence, so willing to dissociate his efforts from any ray of hope in the horizon. You people sell hopelessness and hatred and bigotry and this has practically nothing to do with getting Nigerians a better society but expanding the empire of your sponsors. Who will not see this information and urge the government to work harder to make it before 2030 but you are more preoccupied with making sure GEJ doesn't take any credit.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by gregg2: 7:02am On Jan 03, 2013
Fresh Air!!!!
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by gregg2: 7:09am On Jan 03, 2013
Frank-C:

The problem of folks like you is that you hate GEJ more than you love Nigeria. You are too afraid of his succeeding and hence, so willing to dissociate his efforts from any ray of hope in the horizon. You people sell hopelessness and hatred and bigotry and this has practically nothing to do with getting Nigerians a better society but expanding the empire of your sponsors. Who will not see this information and urge the government to work harder to make it before 2030 but you are more preoccupied with making sure GEJ doesn't take any credit.

Spot on, my brother.
You'll notice that folks like Gbawe, Demdem, Koruji and co will avoid this thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by Willy7(m): 8:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Frank-C:

Hello!Did u read my post at all or u just have comprehension problem?So anyone that's critical of GEJ or his style of administration is an automatic enemy or hater of GEJ abi?D problem with sycophants and appologists like you is that u dnt talk with ur brains when it comes to issues relating to GEJ.I was only being sarcastic with my post because of d previous embarassment he caused d Nation in d Independence day speech through an unsubstantiated report he culled from a magazine concerning a fictitious rating from Transperency international,which d latter later came out to distance themselves from.And i was also sarcastic about US sudden romance with Nigeria after a supposed breakup of Nigeria linked to them.Learn to not only read,but seek to comprehend.I dnt hate GEJ,im a free citizen and i hv my rights to my opinion.When i see some good strides,he sure will get my praise and support.The people that actually love GEJ are his critics,not sycophants like you.Its better to confront me with d truth than pamper me with lies.
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by strangest(m): 9:27am On Jan 03, 2013
After the 2015 disintegration as foreseen by USA before? Now na global economic power... we dey sha
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by adora4u1: 9:29am On Jan 03, 2013
Nigeria May Join Global Economic Power In 2030. Operative word being MAY!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:31am On Jan 03, 2013
of course we export our natural product called "corruption"
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by babarazy: 9:31am On Jan 03, 2013
Vision 2030 abi? What about our vision 2020?
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by mrsuchechi(f): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2013
Nigeria MAY join... Ha Ha Ha. And this is supposed to be front page news?
*filing my fingernails*
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by FrankC3: 9:38am On Jan 03, 2013
Willy7: Hello!Did u read my post at all or u just have comprehension problem?So anyone that's critical of GEJ or his style of administration is an automatic enemy or hater of GEJ abi?D problem with sycophants and appologists like you is that u dnt talk with ur brains when it comes to issues relating to GEJ.I was only being sarcastic with my post because of d previous embarassment he caused d Nation in d Independence day speech through an unsubstantiated report he culled from a magazine concerning a fictitious rating from Transperency international,which d latter later came out to distance themselves from.And i was also sarcastic about US sudden romance with Nigeria after a supposed breakup of Nigeria linked to them.Learn to not only read,but seek to comprehend.I dnt hate GEJ,im a free citizen and i hv my rights to my opinion.When i see some good strides,he sure will get my praise and support.The people that actually love GEJ are his critics,not sycophants like you.Its better to confront me with d truth than pamper me with lies.
First off, only kids lace their comments with insult and emotional outbursts.
Secondly, your comments strongly suggest that you are more concerned about the prospect of GEJ taking any credit at all than Nigeria getting better.
Finally, democracy guarantees individual rights and collective rights. It also guarantee the right of others to question your position and comment and your right to defend them. So stop being a baby, if you are bold enough to take a position, summon the maturity to defend them.
If this report suggests that Nigeria will become a failed State in 2030, take a second off and imagine what your comment will be like. You, sir, take pleasure in bad news about OUR country and struggle hard to accept positive news about same without painting OUR president bad. For TI citation, are we actually improving in corruption index or going worse as folks like you would have us believe? 2012 release tells us that the President was right!
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 03, 2013
During a discussion with Dangote, he stated that if Nigeria has 247 electricity, that Nigeria's Economy will become one of fastest growing in the world within just 5 yrs. Because of the very thing we think is a vice, the Nigerian stubbornness and desire to always be a Boss and not work for anyone. I concur with him. We just need to fix electricity and leave the natural spirit of Nigerians to shape our future.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by ortopazz(m): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2013
I thought this same people advocated a NO NIGERIAN ENTITY by 2015, na wa o!

Am sure the must be something that we are going to do to please them before that kinda hieght or has Johnathan already done something to please em?
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by vanstanzy(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2013
US
says Nigeria will breakup by 2015, now the same US says by 2030 Nigeria
will be among the economic powers. Can they makeup their frigin mind. Who
are they anyway, God. I laugh at their madness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by chubysoft1(m): 9:56am On Jan 03, 2013
Yes! The economy of nigeria is becoming more and more systematic and advanced everyday i read the news. It only takes people with high level intuition and good understanding to absorb this radical change.
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by dkc(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2013
same topic making front page same day, while other more relevant topics are ignored shocked. hmmn, nepotism in this group is now at its peak.
https://www.nairaland.com/1149573/nigeria-may-join-global-economic
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by alfredo4u(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2013
Amen and Amen...if BH guys go allow us.
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by adoken: 10:04am On Jan 03, 2013
From predicting break-up in 2015 to becoming economic giant in 2030,indeed,these guys see us as some kinda guinea pigs for their experiments...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by ortopazz(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2013
[quote author=shymexx][/quote]
@willy gudnews my foot, have grown up in this nation and lived here long enough to know that all we need is power supply, constant one for that matter,nofing else matters, let there be light and yourself will be shellshocked to see rampant development springing from all borders, long enough to be tired of this so called experts that in this post included "MAYBE--" so that is a fact, if by that time there's no constant power supply we jeopardise and completely rule out ourselves from that kinda position. So tell em to go give other people such news av hear it and am sick of it.
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by Willy7(m): 10:14am On Jan 03, 2013
Frank-C:

First off, only kids lace their comments with insult and emotional outbursts.
Secondly, your comments strongly suggest that you are more concerned about the prospect of GEJ taking any credit at all than Nigeria getting better.
Finally, democracy guarantees individual rights and collective rights. It also guarantee the right of others to question your position and comment and your right to defend them. So stop being a baby, if you are bold enough to take a position, summon the maturity to defend them.
If this report suggests that Nigeria will become a failed State in 2030, take a second off and imagine what your comment will be like. You, sir, take pleasure in bad news about OUR country and struggle hard to accept positive news about same without painting OUR president bad. For TI citation, are we actually improving in corruption index or going worse as folks like you would have us believe? 2012 release tells us that the President was right!
No,you take pleasure in selling false hope to people.I'm a realist and i believe in what i see as long as governance is concerned.So this hide and seek and kiddies joke GEJ is playing with corrupt individuals and also surrounding himself with notable and certified crooks is what u call fighting corruption?Mr man i was even thinking u have an IQ of 10 before,now i see u dont even have any,so no need engaging u in any debate,no matter how minute.Go play outside,its still holidays remember,bfore u get to resume school.And this time pay attension to ur teachers ok?Stop playing while lectures are going on,thats why u keep digracing urself on simple and basic rudiments of governance.GEJ is not performing for now,but there is room for change and then imrovement.You re free to be a sycophant all u want,but dnt be a dunce.
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by 80million1: 10:32am On Jan 03, 2013
*speechless*

Amen to that!
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by mrrock: 10:34am On Jan 03, 2013
This is actually possible, if the Nigerian government can fix our electricity problems. Nigeria could have done all that 20 years ago, if government had provided electricity to the populace and industries. Without 24/7 electricity supply which is necessary for industries to bloom this report is only a dream.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by Skywalker5(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2013
Nigerian May join,not will join.

Meaning if we feel like letting you join grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by emron1(m): 10:42am On Jan 03, 2013
I don't understand how this gooms make this stats. Abt nigeria. For christ sake only two out of 37 states in nigeria including our f.c.t are self sustainable.
Re: Nigeria May Join Global Economic Powers In 2030 – US by chukwuinya: 10:54am On Jan 03, 2013
liars on their best again,we are making it come 2020: u were wrong n again u r wrong

(1) (2)

Jonathan Wins Poll!!! / El Rufai (apc) Vs Muktar Yero (pdp) - University Results. / Is Nigeria A "Nation", "Country" Or Mere "Geographical Expression"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.