Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (85840 Views)

Industrialisation Of Akwa Ibom Is Our Next Phase Of Uncommon Transformation / Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
KnowAll: @dlastpope

Keke Nepap reeks of poverty. All I see and sense in Akwa Ibom's development is a man trying to kill a fly with a sledge hammer when he can kill it with a more sedate weapon. The people are poor, they are lacking, yet Mr Governor is building all these grandiose over-budgeted edifice to show d world he is doing good works, obviously simulteniously linning his own pocket (that man is probably one d richest Nigerians ). I must admit I support his style than those do-nothing Governors who swindle their respective states without doing anything.

aribisala0:

Nope I am not when I grow up what do I want to be?

Em ....Not a Houseboy wink
A dozen flyovers will not change dat. We have to call it like it is shocked

Honestly, i dont envy the 2 of you. You reek of bitterness. I can smell it from my screen! lol. And you want to spread it to all of us. We reject it! Make una no go get ulcer oh! Shame!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by initiator(m): 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
Wow you guys have turned a developmental thread into another subtle tribal thing. I disagree with those that say devt is brought about by education etc. Not really. Infrastructure attracts diverse people and diverse people create a dynamic where the locals step up. What AI needs most is opportunities and people would seek education to fill those positions. I was in the state twice this year and seriously made plans to move there. The governor however has to stop bragging and the locals have to be more receptive to non-indegines.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by aribisala0(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
thelastPope:

Honestly, i dont envy the 2 of you. You reek of bitterness. I can smell it from my screen! lol. And you want to spread it to all of us. We reject it! Make una no go get ulcer oh! Shame!
You can smell whatever you like from your parents. Why not buy them some soap.

Truth is development is education not roads and bridges built by WHITE MEN.
Venezuela with all the oil money available to it is sendinding their president to Cuba for treatment and we ours to Saudi why?

Nothing wrong in building Infrastructure but we have seen it all before in Lagos,Abuja Tinapa etc.

What is more important is to develop our people and the people of AK can do with plenty of education!!
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
I tend to agree wit aribisala, not that the progress isn't good but there is an underlying problem nigerian government is neglecting.
Pls, take time out to read this article :http://www.ynaija.com/abimbola-adelakun-jonathan-the-owambe-president/
I'll copy out an excerpt from it.
If Maku had good friends, should they not have called him aside and told him his Guinness Book of Records mentality is embarrassing to Nigeria? What really does a conference centre, “the first of its kind in Africa”, do for Nigeria? Is this their best shot at restoring Nigeria to her former “Giant of Africa” state? By building a city with facilities other Africans will drool at?  How does a country that cannot provide and maintain such basic amenities as roads, light, housing which other “smaller African countries” take for granted, for its citizens think hosting “global events” is a priority? How many “global” events can Nigeria currently attract when countries repeatedly warn their citizens about travelling to Nigeria? Maku reminds me of Jonathan when he lamented the state of the government hotel in Bayelsa awhile ago. He alluded to their goal of building it so as to attract people from all over the world to see this eighth world wonder; a structure that in a place like Dubai, will not even attract more than a passing glance.

Seriously, what is the obsession of our leaders with modernism without modernity? Does their leadfooted tango with contemporaneousness make them imagine structures will make a difference while conveniently ignoring the real structural issues they should be concerned with? Are they fooling themselves that they can transport Nigeria from her fourth world position to a first world country, without going through the certified due process of discipline, hard work, foresightedness and laying strong foundations by simply dancing their way through the route of Owambe?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by dainvincible(m): 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
He is really doing well, apart from the pics here, I ve seen some of it physically. He has tried.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by KnowAll(m): 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
That man(Akpabio) couldn't have one the last election in a true free and fair election. How come despite all the infrastrutural development, the Governor was fighting tooth and nail to win the last election. Well the good news is Akwa Ibomites are sophisticated voters they can see the beyond the fake facade called development. They Know that man is a clever fraudster.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
Josh090:
Open this link http://www.fmf.gov.ng/images/FAAC/faacrepDec2011.pdf and educate yourself!

Please continue to give them free education since their governor cannot afford to...Lets be our brother's keeper. grin
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
aribisala0:
You can smell whatever you like from your parents. Why not buy them some soap.

Truth is development is education not roads and bridges built by WHITE MEN.
Venezuela with all the oil money available to it is sendinding their president to Cuba for treatment and we ours to Saudi why?

Nothing wrong in building Infrastructure but we have seen it all before in Lagos,Abuja Tinapa etc.

What is more important is to develop our people and the people of AK can do with plenty of education!!

Do you even know the meaning of infrastructure? Did you see the e-library? You are making a complete foool of yourself. walahi! Does infrastructure not include educational facilities? You are a double mumu!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
KnowAll: That man(Akpabio) couldn't have one the last election in a true free and fair election. How come despite all the infrastrutural development, the Governor was fighting tooth and nail to win the last election. Well the good news is Akwa Ibomites are sophisticated voters they can see the beyond the fake facade called development. They Know that man is a clever fraudster.

You are getting desperate now, walahi! Is it paining you that much? Take 2 spoons of honey and relax. You will surely feel better!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
Akwa Ibom e-library finally opens, with a fee

More than five months after a flamboyant launch, and after rigorous follow-throughs by PREMIUM TIMES, the Akwa Ibom State e-library has finally opened to the public, officials said.

But potential users of the facility, hyped as West Africa’s first, are to pay a minimum registration fee of N5, 000 before access to the facility is granted, users have told PREMIUM TIMES. Users will also access programming tutorials there for N40, 000.

Months on, the remarks turned out to be mere rhetoric after strings of PREMIUM TIMES’ follow-ups proved parts of the library remained unfinished months after the commissioning, resulting in repeated rescheduling of the library’s opening.

The report revealed that the project, reputed to have digital collections to avail users access to about 16.5 million e-documents, over two million electronic books and 14.5 million electronic research e-journals, did not have a functional website, a core component of electronic libraries the world over.

Within 24 hours of the story, the state government, in what appeared a face-saving step, rushed out three improvised sites -

http://akselibrary.org, http://ibomelibrary.org and http://akselib.org.

Late last month, another report revealed that the library was still under lock and key.

Our reporter, who was at the library last week, was told by an official that users would only be allowed full access to the library only after the completion of the mandatory registration processes, which include the payment of the N5, 000 for a year. A programming course is also on offer at the library at N40, 000.

A source close to the office of the state Commissioner for Education, Eunice Thomas, however, quoted her as saying that the library would be fully functional next year after it has been handed over to the government by the contractor.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/111509-akwa-ibom-e-library-finally-opens-with-a-fee.html

SMH.......
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by jmaine: 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
KnowAll: That man(Akpabio) couldn't have one the last election in a true free and fair election. How come despite all the infrastrutural development, the Governor was fighting tooth and nail to win the last election. Well the good news is Akwa Ibomites are sophisticated voters they can see the beyond the fake facade called development. They Know that man is a clever fraudster.

What are you unto with the post above . . . .
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
That rif raf said infrastructure. It's only infrastructure when it's functioning, not billions wasted on a white elephant that's not functional.

Not surprising Jonathan showed up to commission a bogus, non functional and uncompleted waste.

Birds of the same feather...
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by aribisala0(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Really I am not having a go at him if you read my post. I am having a go at those clapping and cheering for him or comparing with other states.
Look at countries like Viet Nam and Burma that seem to have been in the Wilderness for so long. What is it about them that can make them so attractive to manufacturing multinational overnight
Look at Cuba which has suffered severe sanctions for so long again why is it that a change in American policy will see them overtake us on many fronts( They are ahead on healthcare now)

The answer is that our leaders are not educated and so cannot have a vision. We woke up one day and spent billions building a capital city; a country with no trains,no electricity and bad roads . So really I am not opposed to what Akpabio is doing. I am saying that it is not the most important thing. Nigeria could go to war with Cameroun and they bomb everything that he built they cannot bomb our brains and that is where investment needs to occur. That is how a country that had two nuclear bombs dropped on them rose to the top again. Not by superstition,arranging mass weddings,sending people to Mecca and Jerusalem or by casting and binding. We need to awaken our consciousness to what will really transform our country.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
jmaine:

Bros try get brain now . .wetin be all this yeye parol wey you dey troway so sad

Bros, please allow them to implode. We are getting closer and closer! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by KnowAll(m): 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nobody is saying he has not tried, give that money to someone else and see wonders. He is just the best of a bad lot.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by hercules07: 10:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
thelastPope:

It is a black like from hell! Last time I stayed at the hotel, it wasn't even complete and that was way into Akpabio's rule. Attah started the work but Akpabio finished it and took it to another level. Some of you just talk nonsense on public forums. If Attah who left 6 years ago built the airport, why hasnt it been functioning since? Please some of you should stop making foools of yourself in the name of opposition. angry

I installed the first ISP in Uyo, and was a regular visitor to Uyo, the hotel was built by Attah, akpabio might have added to it, but the glory for that hotel should go to Attah.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile: That rif raf said infrastructure. It's only infrastructure when it's functioning, not billions wasted on a white elephant that's not functional.

Not surprising Jonathan showed up to commission a bogus, non functional and uncompleted waste.

Birds of the same feather...

And to complete your circus, you went and quoted an article from premium times, the twin brother to Sahara reporters house of lies! Now that is a perfect example of "Birds of the same feather"! Una fit each other! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
hercules07:

I installed the first ISP in Uyo, and was a regular visitor to Uyo, the hotel was built by Attah, akpabio might have added to it, but the glory for that hotel should go to Attah.

I was at the hotel when they employed their first set of staff and Le Meridien just took over. I know the place like my palm. Akpabio built the golf course, the water tours, most of the room finishing. Attah built the main buildings. The hotel never opened for business during Attah's time. Akpabio always does an excellent job, that you cant fault!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Afam4eva(m): 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
@aribisala0
Pls desist from insulting people's parents. This is the last warning.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by nzeaji(m): 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
Undoubtedly, this is one of the best states to live in Nigeria. The infrastructural development there is fantastic. I was there a couple of months back and I must say, i was really amazed. Thumbs up Akpabio government. cool cheesy smiley wink grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by jmaine: 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
thelastPope:

Bros, please allow them to implode. We are getting closer and closer! grin grin grin

Na evidence of eye tearing episode . . . . When person punch the mumu eye, na so e go dey lash out grin . . . .
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Josh090: I tend to agree wit aribisala, not that the progress isn't good but there is an underlying problem nigerian government is neglecting.
Pls, take time out to read this article :http://www.ynaija.com/abimbola-adelakun-jonathan-the-owambe-president/
I'll copy out an excerpt from it.
If Maku had good friends, should they not have called him aside and told him his Guinness Book of Records mentality is embarrassing to Nigeria? What really does a conference centre, “the first of its kind in Africa”, do for Nigeria? Is this their best shot at restoring Nigeria to her former “Giant of Africa” state? By building a city with facilities other Africans will drool at?  How does a country that cannot provide and maintain such basic amenities as roads, light, housing which other “smaller African countries” take for granted, for its citizens think hosting “global events” is a priority? How many “global” events can Nigeria currently attract when countries repeatedly warn their citizens about travelling to Nigeria? Maku reminds me of Jonathan when he lamented the state of the government hotel in Bayelsa awhile ago. He alluded to their goal of building it so as to attract people from all over the world to see this eighth world wonder; a structure that in a place like Dubai, will not even attract more than a passing glance.

Seriously, what is the obsession of our leaders with modernism without modernity? Does their leadfooted tango with contemporaneousness make them imagine structures will make a difference while conveniently ignoring the real structural issues they should be concerned with? Are they fooling themselves that they can transport Nigeria from her fourth world position to a first world country, without going through the certified due process of discipline, hard work, foresightedness and laying strong foundations by simply dancing their way through the route of Owambe?

Now let me put it very simply. This is just an academic jargon and mental exercise. Nigeria reels out hundreds of thousands of graduates yearly so our problem is not education. If you talk of a national reorientation, then I will take you serious. This what the president talked about a few days ago and Fashola also indirectly spoke about. Our attitude as a nation has to change. But the reason I cannot take someone like that aribasala or whatever serious is because he is sitting on his couch somewhere in Birmigham, UK, telling us stories of how Europe and Asia became blah blah! People like him are not ready to contribute or get their hands dirty by coming down here to join the development. I will never take a Nigeria serious if he sits somewhere in Europe in the comfort of the Oyibo man's sweat analysing and criticizing the rest of us. He is very much a major part of the problem by not contributing to the solution. Am sorry, but that is the way it is!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
blacksta: Impressive

Apabio + BRF for president come 2015 - hoping to replace the current waste of space at the helm

BRF on what grounds?? I hope you realise the roads in the picture are REAL and not tolled in contrast to the crap road infrastructure legacy BRF will be leaving behind in Lagos. Abeg keep your BRF to yourself biko tank you very much indeed!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 11:25pm On Jan 04, 2013

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
lmao @ phony billion naira waste called e library.

The bogus library said results found to Wole Soyinka and Achebe search.

This has got to be the biggest scam in Naija's history....lmao
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile:

IGR or no IGR, it's still all about what's in your budget and what your state legislature passed for you to work with.

The fact remains that Lagos state with 20 million people shares the same budget numbers with Akwa a state of just 3 million people and on top of Akwa's huge budget, they still double dip with their share of NDDC money and projects and on top of that, they are still in the top ten external debt borrowers and we are talking about a state with only 3 million people.

If fact some of the roads in this pic is probably NDDC related.

Very fraudulent argument . . .Lagos is overcompensated from the billions in tax revenues derived from the several millions living and working in Lagos. Fact is the bulk of these public assets have not been festooned into some dubious PPP crap to forcibly extract toll, rent or whateva; they have been 100% financed from the public purse . . .end of!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
well said!
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
thelastPope:

Now let me put it very simply. This is just an academic jargon and mental exercise. Nigeria reels out hundreds of thousands of graduates yearly so our problem is not education. If you talk of a national reorientation, then I will take you serious. This what the president talked about a few days ago and Fashola also indirectly spoke about. Our attitude as a nation has to change. But the reason I cannot take someone like that aribasala or whatever serious is because he is sitting on his couch somewhere in Birmigham, UK, telling us stories of how Europe and Asia became blah blah! People like him are not ready to contribute or get their hands dirty by coming down here to join the development. I will never take a Nigeria serious if he sits somewhere in Europe in the comfort of the Oyibo man's sweat analysing and criticizing the rest of us. He is very much a major part of the problem by not contributing to the solution. Am sorry, but that is the way it is!
In any case I think the point aribisala and abimbola adelakun (article) was trying to make is that human capital development should come first before building "wonders on earth" in the country.
Its always good to have buildings of international standards but we need to look beyond mere pandering to the citenzry in the name of governance and set them on the path of self reliance through thorough and adequate economic and socio-cultural improvement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures Of Osinbajo Dripping That Got People Talking / Seyi Makinde Dressed In Amotekun Outfit To Sign Bill Into Law (photos) / #PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.