Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... (13065 Views)

Fayose's Wife, Feyisetan, Paying Hospital Bills Of Poor Women (pics) / Igbos Top List Of Donors To Buhari – APC / Nigerians Top List Of Private Jet Owners In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by usba: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2013
Logica superb performance, many users name come with the prefix "logic" but you seem to be the only user name living up to the meaning of the name logic!

@bigot tribalist, you keep giving us many reasons why your people should be voted to govern a barn yard let alone a country

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by merengue: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2013
Tony Spike:

You are a retard!

Bro, you are trying to explain data to a collection of mediocre retards who do not have the brains God gave dung beetles, save yourself the stress and just look and laugh.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by merengue: 8:58am On Jan 08, 2013
Engineer96: I find it difficult to to believe the posts of some supposedly educated members of NL.
Our country's bureau of statistic released some figures about our country and all we can do is to question the source of the data, condemn the figures as non-reliable and even the chief statistician is being abused.
If these figure had come from US or UK, most of us would have believed it without questioning the source of their data and that explains why someone quoted world Bank.
It's horrible. Why not work with the figure that we have. At least, our NBS know Nigeria more than US and the UK. Dr Yale, I don't know him or where he is from, was appointed by the president and confirmed by the senate.
Even our FG. When the figure favours them, they will be quick in accepting it but reject and condemn it when it does not favour them.
To me, this is what we should work with until we have a contrary figure and based on this, we should find ways of reducing the poverty and unemployment rate in the country.
I can't believe that Edo state after being governed by a labour leader for years is one of the states with the highest unemployment rate. It shows that Nigeria problem is hydra-headed.

By now you should know that NL has become a fool's paradise. Let UNDP, IMF or some other foreign body release the same stats and see how the ignorant ones will accept it. The report is damning on everyone, even the so-called better off ones. This is the same set of statistics that the foreign bodies will use for their reports, companies will make medium to long term plans based on these stats as well. Let the butthurt ones scream as much as they like, tht is all they can do.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by manchy7531: 9:02am On Jan 08, 2013
babyosisi:

[size=18pt]
According to the same man o
Niger state was the poorest in feb 2012 at a rate of 71.5 %,a position it shared with Sokoto
and by The end of 2012 while sokoto remained the poorest now at 81.2% ,Niger state went from the poorest to the least poor at 33.8% grin grin grin shocked shocked
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Come and see American wonder!!![/size]
I believe the thread should be moved to the joke section
The man is pulling out figures from his butt
The joke of the year
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mehnn!!! You killed it.grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Jaideyone(m): 9:17am On Jan 08, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you are the fool here for thinking otherwise.

Almajiri schools: Osun govt
debunks insinuations of non-
compliance

THE Osun State government has
debunked insinuations that the state did
not comply with the policy directives of
the Federal Government on the
establishment of Almajiri schools in
designated states of the federation.
A national newspaper had, at the
weekend, quoted the Minister of State
for Education, Mr Nyesom Wike, as saying
that Osun State had defaulted on the
Federal Government’s policy directives
guiding the establishment of Almajiri
schools.
However, in a press release signed by
Tope Ademakinwa, the Chief Press
Secretary to the Osun State deputy
governor, which was made available to
the Nigerian Tribune on Monday, the
Osun State government denied the
allegation.
The release said contrary to the assertion
of the Minister of State for Education, the
state had complied with the policy
directives.
The release added that, not only had the
site for the school in the state been
approved by the state government and
formally communicated to the Universal
Basic Education Comission’s (UBEC) office
in Abuja, the contractor of the site,
Subbanchi Nigeria Limited was named by
UBEC Abuja, to execute the construction.
To clear all doubts, the release also added
that Governor Rauf Aregbesola haD
approved Zumuratul Mumina Al-Adabiya
Arabic School, Osogbo, to be the site for
the location of UBEC 2012 Almajri model
school project.
http://sunday.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/47826-almajiri-schools-osun-govt-debunks-insinuations-of-non-compliance
i don't phucking care if the schools were established in osun. Osun doesn't have almajiris. The schools were established for the purpose of islamic education. Almajiris are not in the south west. Ret*ard
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Jaideyone(m): 9:17am On Jan 08, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you are the fool here for thinking otherwise.

Almajiri schools: Osun govt
debunks insinuations of non-
compliance

THE Osun State government has
debunked insinuations that the state did
not comply with the policy directives of
the Federal Government on the
establishment of Almajiri schools in
designated states of the federation.
A national newspaper had, at the
weekend, quoted the Minister of State
for Education, Mr Nyesom Wike, as saying
that Osun State had defaulted on the
Federal Government’s policy directives
guiding the establishment of Almajiri
schools.
However, in a press release signed by
Tope Ademakinwa, the Chief Press
Secretary to the Osun State deputy
governor, which was made available to
the Nigerian Tribune on Monday, the
Osun State government denied the
allegation.
The release said contrary to the assertion
of the Minister of State for Education, the
state had complied with the policy
directives.
The release added that, not only had the
site for the school in the state been
approved by the state government and
formally communicated to the Universal
Basic Education Comission’s (UBEC) office
in Abuja, the contractor of the site,
Subbanchi Nigeria Limited was named by
UBEC Abuja, to execute the construction.
To clear all doubts, the release also added
that Governor Rauf Aregbesola haD
approved Zumuratul Mumina Al-Adabiya
Arabic School, Osogbo, to be the site for
the location of UBEC 2012 Almajri model
school project.
http://sunday.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/47826-almajiri-schools-osun-govt-debunks-insinuations-of-non-compliance
i don't phucking care if the schools were established in osun. Osun doesn't have almajiris. The schools were established for the purpose of islamic education. Almajiris are not in the south west. Ret*ard
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by xcubed(m): 9:42am On Jan 08, 2013
FreeGlobe:
yes... if that makes you happy. You people should keep living in delusion. Getting excited because a bigot statistician general whose work was previously rejected by FG said there is less poverty in a state that cannot pay minimum wage. where people are dying of poverty

I just realized you are not very smart. 'Less poverty' doesn't mean 'No poverty'
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Biafrarep(m): 9:51am On Jan 08, 2013
seanet01: When things does not favour your egocentric postures that is what you say.
Are you not the one who believe JAMB data? If you believe that why not this.
Just because with your phantom education postures, you are still poorer than the West.
Ofcourse JAMB is reliable simply because their data is electronically collated unlike this laughable, sentimental and hypothetical propaganda by NBS. IMAO at Niger being the least poor state!
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by passion007: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2013
logica: I believe the definition of poverty is standard enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty

This is no different from what you said above.
Brother, your contribution brings up more questions than it answers. How many of those indices for measuring poverty were actually assessed. How were those indices adapted for Nigerian families. My undergraduate paper in community medicine was on the relationship between poverty and mental illness and believe me, it's not that easy to measure poverty by definition as you have suggested. For knowledge's sake, I wanna know what parameters were employed in determining poverty in this particular research.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by jadakiss213(m): 9:58am On Jan 08, 2013
Biafra rep: Ofcourse JAMB is reliable simply because their data is electronically collated unlike this laughable sentimental hypothetical propaganda by NBS. IMAO at Niger being the least poor state!
now i know you are a slow bigoted lunatic..u think most people residing in madalla,suleja and other parts of Niger state are indigenes? most of them work and do business in abuja..that explains the the low poverty rate there..how many times do i have to explain ds to u Slowpoke??
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Biafrarep(m): 10:04am On Jan 08, 2013
This NBS data is ridiculous, laughable and fit for the dustbin, that Femi must be high on some cheap drugs, he should be sacked with immedite effect for gross incompetence. Even a layman knows that states like Anambra and Rivers has the least poverty rate in Nigeria, its not rocket science. Which Niger is he talking about? Hope its not the one with Minna as capital. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Necsy: 10:29am On Jan 08, 2013
Warrant nonsense. U pipul can giv d data of hw poor ar some states of d country, bt can nt gv d data of d money u pipul hv bin lutin 4rm dis country 2 oda countries. Investin nd d buyin of properties 4 ur unborn generations? Y nt 4 unemploymnt, nd household poverty rate? Luk @ Fools callin pipul fools
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by mu2sa2: 10:40am On Jan 08, 2013
Niger state has the lowest poverty rate! Wonders shall never end. Shall we then all agree that the chief servant (gov) is most qualified in his bid for PDP presidential ticket in 2015.If he turned the fortunes of niger state around in just one year according to NBS, why wont he do it for naija as the president?
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Biafrarep(m): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2013
jadakiss213: now i know you are a slow bigoted lunatic..u think most people residing in madalla,suleja and other parts of Niger state are indigenes? most of them work and do business in abuja..that explains the the low poverty rate there..how many times do i have to explain ds to u Slowpoke??
I put it to you that you are grossly unintelligent. You sound like an illiterate. Who told you the trash from NBS is about indigenes alone? If you dont know, every citizen of Niger state is involved, so far you live in the state. Within a couple of years, SW and SS overtook the SE! Now tell me something, did an earthquake, hurricane, or any form of disaster occur in the SE that caused it to drop drastically? Mind you, i have traveresed most parts of Nigeria and can tell you without fear of contradition that SE followed by SS has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria. NBS can tell that rubbish to the marines, they only exposed their incompetence. Arrant nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by truelovecom: 11:16am On Jan 08, 2013
rodeo0070: At the end of 2012, Sokoto State remained the poorest state in the country, with 81.2 per cent poverty rate, the records of the National Bureau of Statistics have shown.

According to the information on states of the federation, posted on the bureau’s website, other states with over 70 per cent poverty rate include Katsina, 74.5 per cent; Adamawa, 74.2 per cent; Gombe, 74.2 per cent; Jigawa, 74.1 per cent; Plateau, 74.1 per cent; Ebonyi, 73.6 per cent; Bauchi, 73 per cent; Kebbi, 72 per cent and Zamfara, 70.8 per cent.

The state with the lowest poverty rate was Niger with 33.8 per cent, followed by Osun with 37.9 per cent and Ondo, 45.7 per cent.

Others with less than 50 per cent poverty rate were Bayelsa State, 47 per cent and Lagos State, 48.6 per cent.

The average poverty rate of the states in the North -West geopolitical zone remained the highest at 71.4 per cent followed by North-East 69.1 per cent and North Central, 60.7 per cent.

The record showed that poverty was least prevalent in the South-West, with an average of 49.8 per cent, followed by South-South, 55.5 per cent and South-East, 59.5 per cent.

According to NBS, national unemployment rate stood at 23.9 per cent at the beginning of 2012.

There were no figures for 2011 but the 2012 statistics represented an improvement in the figures released by the bureau for 2010.

The Statistician-General of the NBS, Dr. Yemi Kale, had said 112.519 million Nigerians, representing 69 per cent, lived in relative poverty conditions.

He said this when he released the country’s 2010 poverty profile.

According to the NBS boss, the agency arrived at the 2010 figure, by collecting data from 20 million households having an average of four family members.

In that report, Sokoto had the highest poverty rate of 86.4 per cent, while Niger had the lowest — at 43.6 per cent.

It would be recalled that as at 2004, Jigawa State had the highest poverty rate of 95 per cent, while Anambra, had the lowest- 22 per cent.

For unemployment rate, Zamfara State had the highest rate of 42.6 per cent, followed by Bauchi, 41.4 per cent.

Other states with above 30 per cent unemployment rate included, Gombe, 38.7 per cent; Nassarawa, 36.5 per cent; Jigawa, 35.9 per cent; Edo, 35.2 per cent; Adamawa, 33.8 per cent and Kaduna, 30.3 per cent.

According to the records, unemployment was least in Osun followed by Kwara and Lagos.
SOURCE: www.punchng.com/news/sokoto-katsina-top-list-of-poor-states/

THIS NEWS IS FAKE......HOW CAN NORTH BE THE POOREST WHEN ALMOST THE REVENUE IS SPENT ON THEM. THIS IS A PLOT , TO INCREASE ATTENTION(projects and money) TO NORTH.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Necsy: 11:20am On Jan 08, 2013
kaii! 2fiaaa! I bin tink say una pass 2ru scul, bt no no say, na scul pass 2ru all of una. C d way nigeria govt de confuse una. Is states poverty rate d issue of dis country or household, nd individual poverty rate? Wen d entire country is faced wit unemployment, low ejucational standard, individual poverty e.t.c. Nd here u are arguein, nd fightin urselvs inplace of doz thieves in d high places. Whch state wil nt progress wen de leaders ar God fearing? D youth of dis country de disgrace me die. 2fiaaa 2 all of una 4 dis trend
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Necsy: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2013
kaii! 2fiaaa! I bin tink say una pass 2ru scul, bt no no say, na scul pass 2ru all of una. C d way nigeria govt de confuse una. Is states poverty rate d issue of dis country or household, nd individual poverty rate? Wen d entire country is faced wit unemployment, low ejucational standard, individual poverty e.t.c. Nd here u are arguein, nd fightin urselvs inplace of doz thieves in d high places. Whch state wil nt progress wen de leaders ar God fearing. D youth of dis country de disgrace me die. A big 2fiaaa 2 all of una 4 dis trend
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Necsy: 11:25am On Jan 08, 2013
kaii! 2fiaaa! I bin tink say una pass 2ru scul, bt no no say, na scul pass 2ru all of una. C d way nigeria govt de confuse una. Is states poverty rate d issue of dis country or household, nd individual poverty rate? Wen d entire country is faced wit unemployment, low ejucational standard, individual poverty e.t.c. Nd here u are arguein, nd fightin urselvs inplace of doz thieves in d high places. Whch state wil nt progress wen de leaders ar God fearing? D youth of dis country de disgrace me die. A big 2fiaaa 2 all of una 4 dis trend
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by rafindo(m): 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
Freeglobe,biafra rep nd other east proponent u are disgrace to simple logical,analytic nd critical reasoning.instead of bringin cogent stat back with facts nd vetted by a competent body.pls dont disgrace the igbo nation here,on behalf of this people.i tender their apologies to those insulted.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by abouzaid: 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
The same niger state i finished my youth service last feb. The statistian should be fired for gross misconduct, after all his previous stat was rejected by the fg and world bank.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by SOUTHSOUTH1: 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
WHY WILL MOST OF THE NORTHERN STATES NOT BE POOR? AFTER ALL THE BOMBING!
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Biafrarep(m): 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
rafindo: Freeglobe,biafra rep nd other east proponent u are disgrace to simple logical,analytic nd critical reasoning.instead of bringin cogent stat back with facts nd vetted by a competent body.pls dont disgrace the igbo nation here,on behalf of this people.i tender their apologies to those insulted.
FOOL!!!

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by merengue: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
Biafra rep: FOOL!!!

You need help, the head peeper kind.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by ABAKA72(m): 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Funny Report, how did they arrive at the figures. LMAO For a country with no accurate census figure.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Yazmin: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
These statistics are carried out in the mere comfort of their offices, with no significant feild work executed. Final analyses are usually based on assumptions and theories that can't stand the test of time. Just like the population figures 'allocated' to some states in Northern Nigeria( i am a notherner and have traversed the north over the years), which would leave your mouth agape, these poverty indices are worse than they actually have published. God bless Nigeria!!!!
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by vicenzo(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
passion007: Brother, your contribution brings up more questions than it answers. How many of those indices for measuring poverty were actually assessed. How were those indices adapted for Nigerian families. My undergraduate paper in community medicine was on the relationship between poverty and mental illness and believe me, it's not that easy to measure poverty by definition as you have suggested. For knowledge's sake, I wanna know what parameters were employed in determining poverty in this particular research.
Guy,i like your signature. Is it ezeagu dialect? The kind that desperate chick used in the song: who get that thing.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by mki: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2013
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Mr. Chief Statistician, wishing prosperity to your people will not change the reality. I am sure by the time you visit Anambra state and travel through the hinterland, you will throw away this your report and face the reality.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by cfours: 2:48am On Jan 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
now can you explain how this figures went from 43.6% to 33.8% within a period of 10 months going by the stats and its degree of occurrence there will be zero poverty rate in Niger State by 2016.

what you made is called a projection but it's not an educated one. poverty rate will of course not go to zero.
I hope that it continues to decline though (throughout the country) and stay low.
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by passion007: 3:34am On Jan 09, 2013
vicenzo: Guy,i like your signature. Is it ezeagu dialect? The kind that desperate chick used in the song: who get that thing.
correct bro. I love those girls die. Desperate Chics. I'm from IsiUzo anyway but that song just knocks my socks off...lol
Re: Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 09, 2013
If i say yorubas have low self esteem to d igbos,it luks as if......
But see d arguements nah,d first tribalistic comment was made by a yoruba n it was directed @ d igbos as if dey r d only oda ppl in d country.
I dont disagree with d results @ all cos i know igbos in d SW esp Lagos n Kwara are overwhelming in number. Many south southerners r igbos(Rivers n delta) n d fact dat d poverty rates in d north isnt 100% is thanks to igbos.
If yorubas tell demselves d truth, igbos in oda regions are rarely poor. Those in d SE too.
D only way i will agree is when dey do dis individually and not on state basis, den we wl knw how far.
Btw, i dont bother about ur name callings. Just get a life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Terrorism Trial: Court Grants Ndume Permission To Travel / Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets / Kaduna Government Warns Against Circulation Of Inciting Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.