Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? (35441 Views)

Richest Nigerian States Ranked By GDP / Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected / Who Is Dangote Supporting For 2015 Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by HyconBc: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
Politicians are not included when it comes to rating the richest cos non of them can account for their funds
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by chreldb(m): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
My Mouth: officially, he is but in reality he is not! come to think of it , Abacha's wife once said that the federal government can size as mush money as they can from them but the Abacha family can neva be as poor as Dangote.

that quote was long overdue for this thread. However she said made that statement at a time when Dangote was not yet known to be a billionaire in dollars. She dare not say that now!!!
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by victorD3: 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
eazzzy1: Oyedepo makes d first 5 definitely,if he ain't no 1..I'm nt saying pple shud stat cursing o..its d blessings of d Lord

forget those once yet. God will punish them for enriching themselves with his name
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by adewaleh(m): 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Work hard. i don;t give up and i can assure you that you will lend to nations by God's Grace.
To everyone that believe in hard work, the scriptures says trust in the lord with all thy heart and also, it is the blessing of God that maketh rich, and attach no sorrow to It..
think of the things we are buying from this man (Sugar, Flour, Indomie, Cement, Salt, etc) daily goods that most of us can't do without.. so think big guys and you will also be great and celebrated...
God Bless you.... as for me I am going higher...
Thanks... and Note: Fashola/Tinubu combined together can't stand adenuga talkless of Dangote... Pray that God should make you rich also...
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Chidoxyl(m): 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
Remember what d late Abacha's wife said wen some of their loot was confiscated by d Federal Govt. She declared that no matter wat was taken away from them, they can never be as poor as Dangote.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Iolo(m): 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
@OP, you seem to assume that state allocations go direct to the Governors bank accounts.

Stealing govt money is not as easy as just redirecting money from Government account to a private account without raising suspicion. Believe it or not, the thieves amongst them still must "think" of how to steal, and they obviously can't plunder the entire states capital budget for themselves. Even the worse governors must share the loot round and grease the palms of their cronies.

My point is that Dangote is officially Nigeria's richest man, and its financially impossible for any governor to singlehandedly have stolen more than $10 billion to himself within an 8year period.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by jaymichael(m): 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
LesbianBoy: DAVIDO'S FATHER is richer than dangote!
joke of the year.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Etumgbe: Ask forbes magazine
i suggest google. *winks*
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
Folorunsho is the richest black woman on earth. Talking about richest dango , ibn,fasho,tunu and the so called niger delta governors are all theirf. Naija senators earns more than Obama ,davied c. of uk. Talking of ex-president and governors abi make una plean hw to change that nation into a better place.

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by igbsam(m): 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]MUMUNI ALAO. I like your Law of Attraction principle but please be realistic.[/size]
jadakiss213: Igbo don scatter this one head!..ODE
Oh Ye of Little faith. Keep counting your cowries!

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Greatken007(m): 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
Little minds wil always discus pple and great minds ideas,one of the indices used to check who is d richest is on what business you are involve in and not by what you stole.Even ritualist are richer than dangote but it makes no sense naming them among the richest.As per 2years ago dangote was named the highest gainer in the wolrd as in those that do bizness and make profit from it

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Adeniyi67: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
May God help us , the said dangote can't really manage small business successfully ,but thank God for selfish and greedy that made him with the nation resources . Revolution will definitely make things right
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by KnowAll(m): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
I believe Tinunbu and his motley crew would sooner rather than later superede Dangote. They are in power perpetually in the 5th largest Economy in Africa. It is a matter of time, probably in about 20 years time, they would be a force to be reckon with. Do u people know " Ajo" that thing Yoruba market women do, when everybody puts money in a pot and someone takes all home at the end of the month, that is how Tinunbu network works, but in the case of the network d money is used to push their own agenda for the SW and Lagos.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by DickTator1: 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
I have to give the prize to Tinubu. A man so rich he doesn't know what to do with his dosh.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
See, in nigeria, there r rich pple a lot who can measure up 2 dangote jst dat d guy z a philanthropist. He gave $2.5million jst 4 flood victims, he is a major employer of labour, in actual sense, the sole monopololistic producer of cement nd sugar in the most populous black nation. Mehn put ya hands 2geda 4 ma dad, Mr. Aliko Dangote.
*winks*
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by neksummi(m): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yes he is.

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by smartg(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dangote WAS the richest man(b4) but dangote IS not the richest man(now)
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Shaw007(m): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll: [@shaw007][/b]-

If as mentioned in the other thread about the "wonders going on in Akwa Ibom State", it was hinted by one of the contributors that AK State gets N11.6 billion Naira every month as 13% derivatives, plus another N2.6 Billion as statutory fund, not talking of how much the state generates internally, and also not mentioning the LG funds which the Governor's also have access to.

It would not be inconceivable to think a greedy Governor who wants to be d richest man pocketing the whole 11.6 billion. If we do the maths 11.6 x 12 = will just be short of N144 billion a year, and they have 8 years to go. Just in one year, a greedy South-South Governor would have almost dusted Dangote's wealth of (160 billion). So it means if they steal just halff of the Derivatives over a 8 year period they would still dust Dangote's wealth. At the end of their tenure just stealing half of the fund would be N5 Billion X 12 = N60 Billion a year X 8 = N240 Billion!! shocked

This analysis is scary, I hope those South-South Governor's are not as greedy as mentioned above !!! shocked
LOL!! U read My post hurriedLy,dangote's asset is not N160billioncheesy its 160billion x 13=2 080 000 000 000(2triLLIOn)

so even if the gov rakes 140 billion in 8yrs,which is very very impossibLe,he's still got ntn on dangote

i stILL maintain my stand,The onLy peoPle that can(cud av) be richer than dangote are ibb,obj,danjuma,abacha,buhari,abubakar. . .
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Shaw007(m): 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll:

Wrong Analysis I thought Dangote's wealth is 160 Billion Naira. Dangote's wealth is actually 160 Billion x 13 = $13 Billion dollars. No Governor can be rich as Dangote, they would have to steal $1.5 BILLION Annually and that is not possible. But a motley crew like Tinunbu and his cohorts can supercede that becos they operate like a Mafia unlike the South-South Governors who are soloist.
sorry I misd this . . . But maybe i shud tinubu and company(combined) it wud seem feasibLe too!!
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by truelovecom: 10:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll:

We know the ex presidents IBB and Abdulsalam may have more than Dangote but these guys are discounted. They were Military Head of State who ruled by the barrel of the Gun. However, I don't think OBJ is a billionaire thus!

Obj is the richest man in nigeria……under his tenure fuel price went sky high. before he assumed power in 1999, fuel price was between 21/24naira. plus the 13billion dollars he stole(all in the name of steady electricity/power) and many more.……………Dangote is said to be the richest, only because his money is legitimate.………………Do you know that Orji uzor kalu(former governor of abia state, chairman of Pan africa, C.E.O of Slok oil and Slok airline) might be richer than dangote.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by KnowAll(m): 11:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
Obj is the richest man in nigeria……under his tenure fuel price went sky high. before he assumed power in 1999, fuel price was between 21/24naira. plus the 13billion dollars he stole(all in the name of steady electricity/power) and many more.……………Dangote is said to be the richest, only because his money is legitimate.………………Do you know that Orji uzor kalu(former governor of abia state, chairman of Pan africa, C.E.O of Slok oil and Slok airline) might be richer than dangote.

abeg, forget Kalu, has he not gone back to his 419 business. People like that would be dead broke in about 10 years time if dey no see any egunje.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by eelvismd(m): 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll: With the kind of money some of those South-South Governors get on a monthly basis and spend willy-nilly without any checks, restrictions, or restrain, is it not a fallacy to think Dangote is the richest Nigerian? In Lagos, Tinunbu/Fashola and his cronies who have held the commercial heart of Nigeria for 13 years are the God-Fathers of this city that has the reputation of being the 5th largest economy in Africa if it were a country shocked, Do we know what that interprets into in Pence, Cents, Pounds £££, and Dollars$$$$. shocked

Are these gentlemen who keep on promising us the 4th mainland bridge not richer than Dangote? They and their cronies have bought all the prime lands in Lagos, any infrastructural built by these quite and easy going 'Capone' they make sure they take a token in form of levying the so called 20 million "mugus" in Lagos, the Lekki Toll comes to mind, same thing would be applicable to the Ikoyi-Lekki link Bridge, A token in form of a levy would be paid by anyone who wants to take this short route to Lekki Peninsula, these gentlemen without underestimating their might, would probably build Eko Atlantic City single handedly without any in-put from banks or any financial institutions, are these people not richer than Dangote? lipsrsealed undecided

They Fashola/Tinubu gave Akeredolu a blank cheque to fight the election in Ondo State knowing fully well their man has no chance in hell against a formidable opponent like Mimiko, yet they went ahead and bank-rolled the expedition. All the funds expended on that debacle of an election has now been summarily written off by the duo Tinunbu/Fashola, while Akeredolu is not a penny short despite going through such a titanic battle. If it were to happen to mere mortals like me and you, we would be dead broke. No doubt these two gentlemen, do really have deep pockets.

What of Akpabio, Odili, Udughan, Amechi and Silvia. Nothing on the ground to show they have spent their monthly allocations wisely and judiciously. In Port Harcourt a fly-over that was undergoing construction suddenly crashed, are the good people of Rivers State not short-changed by these cutting-corner roughish tactics of Mr Governor? all we see in Asaba, Uyo and Yenogoa are Keke Nepap, an eye-sore looking vehicle that was never part of the Nigerian terriaine. What has happened to those mouth-watering allocation? shocked Rumours have it Odili owns Arik, Amechi has 2 refineries in Ghana, and Silvia's own houses all over the place which are currently under-going lock-down by EFCC.

Asaba still looks like a village despite the huge allocation from the FG, the only major project done so far in this dispensation is that over-inflated, over-rated and under-use Airport. Silvia built a fantastic Governor's lodge for himself and nothing else, yet for the time he was Governor he got close to a N1 Trillion Naira, what d fuccckk has he done with all those fund?

Akapbio seems to be the knight in shining Armour, at least he built a few over inflated fly-over’s in Uyo Township going to no where . Uyo a city of modest traffic does not need such frivolities at this time of her development, when one looks at a clip of those fly-overs, one cannot but notice those un-ubiquitous keke-nepap gliding over d fly-over’s like kids sliding down a bouncing castle, even at that, one would expect 100's of keke-nepap moving up and down the road but to one's astonishment there appears to be just a few of them on these grandiose, over-inflated road made from gold dust, it would seem. lipsrsealed Rumours have it he is the richest Nigerian(do not quote me) lipsrsealed

So back to my initial Question, Is Dangote still the richest Nigeria?, well maybe, Dangote might edge it by a lttle notch, but if another crony of Tinunbu were to be elected into Alausa, the worth of that tight knit Lagos Mafiosi 'family' would be anyone's guess. cool lipsrsealed

How can you even compare Aliko Dangote with our politicians who steal in naira...According to Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/profile/aliko-dangote/), Aliko Dangote is worth $12 billion as of November 2012, which is equivalent to 1.8 trilliion naira using an exhange rate of N150 to $1. You will agree with me that Dangote's net worth can finance Lagos state budget or Akwa Ibiom budget for 4 solid years based on their budget estimates for 2013 and yet you have the mind to compare Aliko Dangote with our small 'thiefy' politicians...The truth be told, business men rule the world and not public office holders.

It still baffles me why you will compare Aliko Dangote, who has decided to single handedly invest $2 billion (i.e. N300 billion) in a fertilizer plant in Edo state starting from this year, with our small 'thiefy' politicians (see http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/dangote-to-establish-n300bn-fertilizer-plant-in-edo/). Just in case you do not know, that investment alone can finance the budget of 3 or 4 states on the average as of today.

If you ever want to compare Dangote with anybody or institution in Nigeria, it should be Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) and not states

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by KnowAll(m): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
It still baffles me why you will compare me Aliko Dangote who is has decided to single handedly invest $2 billion (i.e. N300 billion) in a fertilizer plant in Edo state starting from this year to our small 'thiefy' politicians

Sorry Oga Dangote, nobody is comparing u, in fact I am your biggest fan on Nairaland! grin
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by gluv01(f): 11:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
Joey82: @op

Dangote is still the richest!!!!!!
All the governors and cronies you mentioned go on a spending spree without any genuine investments that will bring returns.
Wealth is not measured by how much cash u have, it is measured on the resources/machinery u'v put in place to ensure sustainability.

I agree with you my dear. It is measured by by the resources and machineries which have been developed and implemented and yet, with all of that, you can boldly stand and declare your worth...
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by eelvismd(m): 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll: [@shaw007][/b]-

If as mentioned in the other thread about the "wonders going on in Akwa Ibom State", it was hinted by one of the contributors that AK State gets N11.6 billion Naira every month as 13% derivatives, plus another N2.6 Billion as statutory fund, not talking of how much the state generates internally, and also not mentioning the LG funds which the Governor's also have access to.

It would not be inconceivable to think a greedy Governor who wants to be d richest man pocketing the whole 11.6 billion. If we do the maths 11.6 x 12 = will just be short of N144 billion a year, and they have 8 years to go. Just in one year, a greedy South-South Governor would have almost dusted Dangote's wealth of (160 billion). So it means if they steal just halff of the Derivatives over a 8 year period they would still dust Dangote's wealth. At the end of their tenure just stealing half of the fund would be N5 Billion X 12 = N60 Billion a year X 8 = N240 Billion!! shocked

This analysis is scary, I hope those South-South Governor's are not as greedy as mentioned above !!! shocked

@bolded: the person you quouted said N130 billion in 13 fold, meaning N130 x 13. Dangote's $12 billion worth (http://www.forbes.com/profile/aliko-dangote/) will translate to N1.8 trillion, which can finance Lagos state budget for 4 solid years...Please compare Dangote with FG and not states
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by eelvismd(m): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll:

Sorry Oga Dangote, nobody is comparing u, in fact I am your biggest fan on Nairaland! grin

Lol. How I wish I was Dangote...Anyway, what you quoted was a typo and it has been corrected
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by KnowAll(m): 11:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
bolded: the person you quouted said N130 billion in 13 fold, meaning N130 x 13. Dangote's $12 billion worth . will translate to N1.8 trillion, which can finance Lagos state budget for 4 solid years...Please compare Dangote with FG and not states

But have u forgotten that team Tinunbu/Fashola has been in power for 13 years and still counting, in another 8 years time, Team Tinunbu/Fashola/New Governor of Lagos State would be richer than Dangote, considering they would have been in control of the 5th largest economy in Africa for 21 years.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Li2musty(m): 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dangote is very reach and he's almost the reachest man but i don't tink he's the richest he can be like no 3 or 5 somtin like datt....
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by shady26(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll: [size=16pt]But at times we might be over exergerating IBB's, Abacha's and any other head of state's wealth. If Nigeria as a country only makes $30 billion dollars a year, how could it be possible for someone like Abacha to be Richer than Dangote. Abacha would have to steal the whole $30 billion year in year out which is not possible[/size]?
he might not need to touch dat money if he knows were crude stolen daily and on tanker vessels ofshore goes.30bill represents the accounted oil export revenue according to nnpc auditors.the real figure unknown till today could be times2 of that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Photo Of APC Customized Slippers / Fatimah Ganduje-Ajimobi ‘Fights’ Father’s Critics On Twitter / Miyetti Allah Unveils Security Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.