Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? (35437 Views)

Richest Nigerian States Ranked By GDP / Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected / Who Is Dangote Supporting For 2015 Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by afajack(m): 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yes i tik he is becs he is a biz man when others re take govt moni...
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by PrinceDudu(m): 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
PrinceDudu: I think the question that should be asked here is.

"Is there any Nigerian rich enough to make the Forbes list?"

secreyor: I guess i don't need to say anytin much since d question has already been answered...The richest Nigerians are thieves(politicians),who continue to hide,while dangote,folorunsho alakija,adenuga,otedola,ovia,ubah,pascal dozie,jimoh ibrahim and other recognised wealthy nigerians are mere men who are [b]lucky to have these thieves as close [/b]frinds,though hardworking and beneficial to d nigerian economy..
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by gudnex22(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yomieluv: Officially yes,cos he has a legitimate business that generate income for him,but there so many rich people that are richer than him,but can't come out to declare it,cos their money is illegitimately gotten.-ie-drug barons,politicians,etc.

tell them
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
No mata hw much dem get, dem nor fit use fuel drink garri
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by jaybee(f): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll: [size=16pt]But at times we might be over exergerating IBB's, Abacha's and any other head of state's wealth. If Nigeria as a country only makes $30 billion dollars a year, how could it be possible for someone like Abacha to be Richer than Dangote. Abacha would have to steal the whole $30 billion year in year out which is not possible[/size]?

[size=18pt]this is very interesting. can we make it a thread of its own. cos it is at variance with the current topic.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by henryblaze25(m): 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
Why Dangote is refered to as the Rchest man is because of his assest that we can seeall dis governors are only surving on the peoples money not their personal cash, so their is a big difference
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Smhart1(f): 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
When rating the richest, politicians are not included......they rate only those who earn their money via business, civil servant salary e.t.c
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by jadakiss213(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll: @jadakiss123

don't forget that during IBB's time it was $10.00 dollars per barrel. He cannot steal the whole money, at least all the civil servants, soldiers and states all got some of the money.
these folks do business with what they ve stolen ..Dangote'Jimoh Ibrahaim,adenuga and co are some of their fronts..thats for sure. or u think the 192 billion worth of properties seized from Cecelia was all her personal stuff? nah. she s one of dem fronts too.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by ssainty(m): 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dangote is d richest, officially or shld i say morally or Legally.cos odas get kurukere things join.But unofficially,immorally or illegally he isn't...
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by redcliff: 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
igbsam: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! what for ? How can it be Dangote, for wetin now, wey me still dey here dey count my zillions. Dangote is a learner where i dey.

[size=14pt]MUMUNI ALAO. I like your Law of Attraction principle but please be realistic.[/size]
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by KnowAll(m): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
[size=16pt]we all keep on saying theives are the richest Nigeria, how much does Nigeria as a country make a year. And remember the FG has reponsible for all these below and more that I cannot even mention : -

Payments of all Fed Civil Servants including the Army, Airforce, Navy.
Payments for the salary of Customs, Prisons and Immigration.
Paymets of Teachers, Lecturer's and VC's Salary in Federal Schools, Federal Poly's and Fed Universities.
Paymets of Salaries of Federal Parastatal like Nigerian Ports Authority, Nigerian Airports Authority, Nigerian Television Authority e.t.c
Disbursement to States, which will in turn make payments to their civil servants and their parastatals,
Disbursement to Local Goverments,
Maintain Foreign Embassies Abroad.

So "How Much come remain for Head of State to steal now[/size]"

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by YoungUd(f): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Mhmm, even if he is, should people fly?
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Abbey2sam(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Forbes will not list you if you were/are in the goverment,those are public fund not their hard earn money.
It's as simple as that, someone mention OBJ that he's not a billionaire, I will leave you with Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by vxtr(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
Abagworo: IBB is the richest Nigerian. Folorunsho and Adenuga are running IBB's businesses while Julius Berger also owned by IBB is constructing the most inflated road contracts in the world.
hmmmmn, nawa ooo can u provide us with facts/source that these guys are running ibb' s biz or is just d usual empy internet rantings. Besides ve u studied d biography of these guys, they are running ibb's empires yet making their children executive directors in their companies, buying/cruising in d most expensive private jets, both of them own majority of the real estate in banana island(the most expensive island in d world). Wait a minute or is it because they are yorubas, these guys alongside dangote are Africa's richest u better deal with it. FYI mrs folorunshi alakija stil remains d current richest woman in d world overtaking oprah winfrey, ask google if u are still doubting.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by tallfish145(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
sometimes i wonder what perimeters ar used in determining their richness
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by kumbalo(m): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
See these kids fighting over who's richer and who's poorer. Una better go work on how to get gainfully employed. My mentor once told me "Don't worry about what you can't change..." Wetin concerm me...mtcheww *spits on thread and angrily throws the phone away*

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Tittos: 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dangote is officialy the richest Nigerian because his company is on stock exchange and we know how much its worth and we know his share value.that doesn't mean he is really the richest man..don't be suprised that a Nigerian politician or saudi monarch is richer than Bill Gate
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by KnowAll(m): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll: But at times we might be over exergerating IBB's, Abacha's and any other head of state's wealth. If Nigeria as a country only makes $30 billion dollars a year, how could it be possible for someone like Abacha to be Richer than Dangote. Abacha would have to steal the whole $30 billion year in year out which is not possible?

[size=16pt]this is very interesting. can we make it a thread of its own. cos it is at variance with the current topic.[/size]

It is not at Variance, the responsibility of the Governors of some of those South-South States pales into insignificance compared to the money they get.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by 5much(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
officially yes
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by AceVentura: 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dangote is an examplary Nigerian, so any Nigerian that believe in hard-work, persevaranve, fairness, and have a competitive spirit would have a soft-spot for a success story whih Dangote represents.[/quote]

@Knowall,

If only you knew all the concession like zero duty that Aliko enjoys from the government, you won't recommend him for the hot seat. The man can't face competition, that y he pushed the likes of Ibeto Cement out of biz using the government as his tool. Nigeria is a massive market & that dude can wake up on the wrong side & decide to sell a bag of cement for 5k.

Thank God the likes of Bua Cement is giving him a run for his money.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by lincontee(m): 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
When Marian Abacha said if Nigeria should collect all d money they think she & her husband loot, they can't be as poor as Dangote. So how can anybody think Dangote is d richest, when will have a lot of them here in naija.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Unitedabby(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
[quote author=KnowAll]With the kind of money some of those South-South Governors get on a monthly basis and spend willy-nilly without any checks, restrictions, or restrain, is it not a fallacy to think Dangote is the richest Nigerian? In Lagos, Tinunbu/Fashola and his cronies who have held the commercial heart of Nigeria for 13 years are the God-Fathers of this city that has the reputation of being the 5th largest economy in Africa if it were a country shocked, Do we know what that interprets into in Pence, Cents, Pounds £££, and Dollars$$$$. shocked

Are these gentlemen who keep on promising us the 4th mainland bridge not richer than Dangote? They and their cronies have bought all the prime lands in Lagos, any infrastructural built by these quite and easy going 'Capone' they make sure they take a token in form of levying the so called 20 million "mugus" in Lagos, the Lekki Toll comes to mind, same thing would be applicable to the Ikoyi-Lekki link Bridge, A token in form of a levy would be paid by anyone who wants to take this short route to Lekki Peninsula, these gentlemen without underestimating their might, would probably build Eko Atlantic City single handedly without any in-put from banks or any financial institutions, are these people not richer than Dangote? lipsrsealed undecided

They Fashola/Tinubu gave Akeredolu a blank cheque to fight the election in Ondo State knowing fully well their man has no chance in hell against a formidable opponent like Mimiko, yet they went ahead and bank-rolled the expedition. All the funds expended on that debacle of an election has now been summarily written off by the duo Tinunbu/Fashola, while Akeredolu is not a penny short despite going through such a titanic battle. If it were to happen to mere mortals like me and you, we would be dead broke. No doubt these two gentlemen, do really have deep pockets.

What of Akpabio, Odili, Udughan, Amechi and Silvia. Nothing on the ground to show they have spent their monthly allocations wisely and judiciously. In Port Harcourt a fly-over that was undergoing construction suddenly crashed, are the good people of Rivers State not short-changed by these cutting-corner roughish tactics of Mr Governor? all we see in Asaba, Uyo and Yenogoa are Keke Nepap, an eye-sore looking vehicle that was never part of the Nigerian terriaine. What has happened to those mouth-watering allocation? shocked Rumours have it Odili owns Arik, Amechi has 2 refineries in Ghana, and Silvia's own houses all over the place which are currently under-going lock-down by EFCC.

Asaba still looks like a village despite the huge allocation from the FG, the only major project done so far in this dispensation is that over-inflated, over-rated and under-use Airport. Silvia built a fantastic Governor's lodge for himself and nothing else, yet for the time he was Governor he got close to a N1 Trillion Naira, what d fuccckk has he done with all those fund?

Akapbio seems to be the knight in shining Armour, at least he built a few over inflated fly-over’s in Uyo Township going to no where . Uyo a city of modest traffic does not need such frivolities at this time of her development, when one looks at a clip of those fly-overs, one cannot but notice those un-ubiquitous keke-nepap gliding over d fly-over’s like kids sliding down a bouncing castle, even at that, one would expect 100's of keke-nepap moving up and down the road but to one's astonishment there appears to be just a few of them on these grandiose, over-inflated road made from gold dust, it would seem. lipsrsealed Rumours have it he is the richest Nigerian(do not quote me) lipsrsealed

So back to my initial Question, Is Dangote still the richest Nigeria?, well maybe, Dangote might edge it by a lttle notch, but if another crony of Tinunbu were to be elected into Alausa, the worth of that tight knit Lagos Mafiosi 'family' would be anyone's guess. cool :-x[quote]
Money stolen from government coffers is not a criteria for measuring one's wealth internationally(i.e.Forbes magazine).Its actually based on Hard earned (legal)monies rather than stolen.Individuals resources which includes;monies,investment and other assets.They usually undergo careful scrutiny by experts before they are recognized as among world richest persons.measured in dollars ofcourse!
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by ballabriggs: 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
Jona and Ngozi wey carry our N5 trillion run are the richest in Nigeria.

With Jona N4 trillion, Ngozi N1 trillion = N5 trillion cool
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by colombiana: 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dangote lost one million dollar in las vegas and he felt as if the world had crumbled one million dollar to ple like ibori is 1 thousand naira, the fact is nothing like oil money we all need oil to survive bt definitely not spagetti, indomie and cement. I don nack am gba
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Symphony007: 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
The poster made a blunder by saying " a flyover under construction in port harcourt suddenly crashed". Actually mr poster that airforce flyover but build by the odili government. Years before ameachi's government now that it crashed thankfully with no lives lost, it is being looked at firmly considering to reenforce it better or even rebuild. Get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Shaw007(m): 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
I don't thinK so,the Ones that I'm sure that shouLd be richer than dangote are IBB,abacha(FamiLy) ,obasanjO,danjuma,and maybe buhari

see a pattern??
MILItary Leaders,these are peopLe that ruLed in an era where they couLd have Looted IN Large zeroes without question,InvestigatIon and without sharing

Democracy these days have made that Less easier,the "Now" poLiticians can rob the country to fat their purses ONLY when money comes their way,definiteLy Not cLOSE 2 THE TUNE of about 13BILLION dollars(thats 160bILLIOn Naira In 13 folds)--dangote's asset--

And most definiteLy nOt up to what The military undissipated sole ruLers cud av gOtten
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Thereishel: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dangote would not even taken 15th position in Naija. All these politicians in naija who cannot disclose their worth are richer. Even GEJ, WHAT OF IBB, Absalamum, Obasanjo, some ministers and many Governors!
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by victorD3: 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Trust me Dangote is not the richest. If just a Personal Assistance (PA) to Governor Akpabio can celebrate his 10 Billion naira just 2 years of his first tenure then imagine what the governor is seating on.

Even in prison Ibori may be richer than Dangote. Don't fvck with south-south governors.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
dridowu: @op, y dnt u go straight to d point by attacking Tinubu & Co directly dn beating around d bush using dangote

ppl lyk u are pi.g.s, snortin nd gruntin in d mud, refusing 2 c beyond ur nose.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by victorD3: 7:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
Trust me is not the richest. If just a Personal Assistance (PA) to Governor Akpabio can celebrate his 10 Billion naira just 2 years of his first tenure then imagine what the governor is seating on.

Even in prison Ibori may be richer than Dangote. Don't fvck with south-south governors.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Right on point @OP. Dangote is nowhere close to most of these politicians! Fùcking thieves, they've looted virtually everything. Smh!
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by truelovecom: 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll:

We know the ex presidents IBB and Abdulsalam may have more than Dangote but these guys are discounted. They were Military Head of State who ruled by the barrel of the Gun. However, I don't think OBJ is a billionaire thus!

OBJ is the richest man in nigeria………during his tenure fuel price went sky high . before he assumed power in 1999 fuel price was between 21/24 naira per litre. plus the 13billion dollars which he stole(all in the name of steady electricity/power) and many more.………Dangote is said to be richest only because his money is legitimate.………Do you know that orji uzor kalu(former governor of abia state , chairman of Pan africa, C.E.O of Slok oil and Slok airline ) is richer than Dangote.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC / Sex For Appointment Scandal Rocks Presidency - Naij.com / Senator Foster Ogola In Fake PhD Certificate Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.