Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? (35442 Views)

Richest Nigerian States Ranked By GDP / Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected / Who Is Dangote Supporting For 2015 Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by nollywood20: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
truelove.com:
^^ Dangote is not the richest in Nigeria
[size=18pt]Who says?

What is truly exciting about Mr. Dangote’s wealth, as this book shows, is that he plows his business profits back into the local economy to generate more wealth and employment opportunities. That definitely distinguishes Mr. Dangote from other men and women of means in Nigeria. Mr. Dangote is presented in this book as a genuine African patriot for contributing to the industrialization of the continent. The fact that Dangote is the richest African and black man in the world are a testament to the potentials of the African economy for investors interested in making legitimate money in the Nigerian economy. In fact, Aliko’s business success presents a window of opportunity for the Nigerian government to attract foreign investors into the Nigerian and African economies. If Dangote can make stupendous profit locally, so can others who are willing to invest in the African economy. A readable book written in an easy and straight forward prose.

~ Dr. Segun Oshinaga, author, coach, speaker, pastor and president, Wisdom for Winning Network, Lagos, Nigeria.[/size]

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
Hahahaha. Jes lafn, dangote well aplause 4 him. Buf they re many nigerians who never wish 2 b know lime-lite.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by normaljenny(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dangote is not the richest african, and I have my candid reasons. Dangote only owns 75% of the whole shares as 25% has been traded on NSE floor. IBB, OBJ, Tony Anenie,TY Danjuma, dongote's siblings, etc all have their own stake in the 75% and that makes him a great front for PDP. Many big boys in the power house of naija all hav stakes in dangote's share. Where do u think all those big boys sunk all the money they hav been accumulating? What makes u think that dangote was made president of NSE, and he was used as an instrument to distabalize Otedola. Is dangote, richer than the ibrus, tony elumelu, Adenuga, orji uzor kalu, kase lawal, the Gumis, Ibetos, Emeka offor, former kogi state govnor Alhaji idris, the maideribes, peter obi, Even Nzeribe is still a force to recorn with in terms of assets, with more than 5000 properties in Africa alone. David Oyedepo, Chris onyekalome, and Lazarus mouka of Chosen church can even give him a run for his money. I can just go on and on. Nigeria has the richest individuals in Africa more than South Africa, Egypt, and Morrocco.

We should forget this Forbes stuff, it is sometimes not fact. They put down what they are fed.

Dangote is a very rich man, but not naija's richest.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by dejijohns(m): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
KnowAll:

Are therefore saying Adenuga is not a billionaire in his own right? and who is Folorunsho? undecided

Folorunsho is the richest woman in Africa, dre is a thread 4ha already...
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by dejijohns(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]MUMUNI ALAO. I like your Law of Attraction principle but please be realistic.[/size]
U no gn kil me wit lauf oo. Na d guy name b dat??
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by dejijohns(m): 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ace Ventura: Dangote is an examplary Nigerian, so any Nigerian that believe in hard-work, persevaranve, fairness, and have a competitive spirit would have a soft-spot for a success story whih Dangote represents.

@Knowall,

If only you knew all the concession like zero duty that Aliko enjoys from the government, you won't recommend him for the hot seat. The man can't face competition, that y he pushed the likes of Ibeto Cement out of biz using the government as his tool. Nigeria is a massive market & that dude can wake up on the wrong side & decide to sell a bag of cement for 5k.

Thank God the likes of Bua Cement is giving him a run for his money.

I heard any tin called Bua has got Ya'adua's stamp on it, so he cnt easily push dat out of market...
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dangote is the richest nigerian 'outside' politics.

People who are 'in' politics are not considered because it is very difficult to calculate their wealth.

When it comes to the richest man in nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan's aids are richer than Dangote. But when it comes to the richest man outside politics, Aliko Dangote is the richest as for today .
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dangote is the richest nigerian 'outside' politics.

People who are 'in' politics are not considered because it is very difficult to calculate their wealth.

When it comes to the richest man in nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan's aids are richer than Dangote. But when it comes to the richest man outside politics, Aliko Dangote is the richest as for today .

I have to add that Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria, not because of his hard work, but because of the waivers he enjoy from the federal government.

He is still the only importer in Nigeria that does not pay tax, import duty or any form of levy. And thunder will fire any custom official that delays his good for more than 24 hours.

If the packages he is enjoying is extended to other importers, Dangote's giant will be dwarfed.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by mkoabiola: 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
How dd he get d billions?
Billions no b beans oooo.
But , I blv he has so much gvt supports.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by bomzy19: 12:53am On Jan 08, 2013
imagine who wrote this na wetin them want make we believe. Patriot my ass. Does billions come from grass, please dat guys just showing us clean but dont ever think he started clean.
nollywood20:
[size=18pt]Who says?

What is truly exciting about Mr. Dangote’s wealth, as this book shows, is that he plows his business profits back into the local economy to generate more wealth and employment opportunities. That definitely distinguishes Mr. Dangote from other men and women of means in Nigeria. Mr. Dangote is presented in this book as a genuine African patriot for contributing to the industrialization of the continent. The fact that Dangote is the richest African and black man in the world are a testament to the potentials of the African economy for investors interested in making legitimate money in the Nigerian economy. In fact, Aliko’s business success presents a window of opportunity for the Nigerian government to attract foreign investors into the Nigerian and African economies. If Dangote can make stupendous profit locally, so can others who are willing to invest in the African economy. A readable book written in an easy and straight forward prose.

~ Dr. Segun Oshinaga, author, coach, speaker, pastor and president, Wisdom for Winning Network, Lagos, Nigeria.[/size]
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by KnowAll(m): 1:12am On Jan 08, 2013
I saw a comment on U-tube once, probably written by a white guy, and it went as thus the " richest black man in the world-Nigerian" and the " richest Black woman in the world-Nigerian" Don't u guys think Nigeria is the country to be if u want to move on in life.

With a population of 160 million people, an American friend of mine once to told me, can't u look for an item that u will sell to your people and make a profit of only 0.50 cent, do u know what that interpretes to!!! shocked, if half d population buys your product, well it means u will have made a cool $80 million dollars as profit. So Nigerians, think!!!, "small items" at times make d largest profits, is it any wonder?, that Dangote is in to small insignifiant items like salt, sugar and indomie, well let me tell you all, there is money to be made in Naija, u just need to look for your nitch.
cool
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by truelovecom: 9:18am On Jan 08, 2013
eelvismd:

How can you even compare Aliko Dangote with our politicians who steal in naira...According to Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/profile/aliko-dangote/), Aliko Dangote is worth $12 billion as of November 2012, which is equivalent to 1.8 trilliion naira using an exhange rate of N150 to $1. You will agree with me that Dangote's net worth can finance Lagos state budget or Akwa Ibiom budget for 4 solid years based on their budget estimates for 2013 and yet you have the mind to compare Aliko Dangote with our small 'thiefy' politicians...The truth be told, business men rule the world and not public office holders.

It still baffles me why you will compare Aliko Dangote, who has decided to single handedly invest $2 billion (i.e. N300 billion) in a fertilizer plant in Edo state starting from this year, with our small 'thiefy' politicians (see http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/dangote-to-establish-n300bn-fertilizer-plant-in-edo/). Just in case you do not know, that investment alone can finance the budget of 3 or 4 states on the average as of today.

If you ever want to compare Dangote with anybody or institution in Nigeria, it should be Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) and not states

LAGOS STATE IGR(internal generated revenue) IS ABOUT 25BILLION MONTHLY......25BILLION MULTIPLY BY 12MONTHS = 300BILLION YEARLY.......300BILLION MULTIPLY BY 8YEARS IN OFFICE= 2.4TRILLION NAIRA..........................THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THEIR MONTHLY FEDERAL ALLOCATION
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Benbiana(f): 9:59am On Jan 08, 2013
he is nt d richest in Nigeria. we have people who are richer than him who dont borrow money from CBN nor politicians.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by maphezy(m): 10:07am On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=enesy4u] you b mumu of d first oder
lesbian boy or what did they call u are u in ur right senses or do u think this is a gay forum?
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by chamboy(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
KnowAll: [size=16pt]But at times we might be over exergerating IBB's, Abacha's and any other head of state's wealth. If Nigeria as a country only makes $30 billion dollars a year, how could it be possible for someone like Abacha to be Richer than Dangote. Abacha would have to steal the whole $30 billion year in year out which is not possible[/size]?
You are the biggest fool dis year only ladipo market makes more than 1billion in a day u berra wake up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gboyega Isiaka Oyetola's Posters & Billboard Destroyed And Burnt In Osun / Peter Obi Owan Grassroot Mobilization In Edo State. / I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.