Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? (35438 Views)

Richest Nigerian States Ranked By GDP / Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected / Who Is Dangote Supporting For 2015 Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by eelvismd(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll:

But have u forgotten that team Tinunbu/Fashola has been in power for 13 years and still counting, in another 8 years time, Team Tinunbu/Fashola/New Governor of Lagos State would be richer than Dangote, considering they would have been in control of the 5th largest economy in Africa for 21 years.

that means no execution of project at all and no payment of salaries, which is not the case grin. Mind you when Tinubu was in power as Governor of Lagos state, I believe Lagos state never budgetted up to N300 billion in a single year throughout the 8 years he was in power. Anyway, like you said in one of your posts, maybe they might come close in 20 years time. But wait a minute, the last time I checked, Dangote's worth usually increase by up to $1 billion on the average per year...meaning in twenty years time, he will be worth more than $30 billion. Please tell team tinubu/fashola not to waist their energy and time because even if they decided not to spend any of their stolen money to eat at all, they will still not come close to Dangote in the next 100 years.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll:

Wrong Analysis I thought Dangote's wealth is 160 Billion Naira. Dangote's wealth is actually 160 Billion x 13 = $13 Billion dollars. No Governor can be rich as Dangote, they would have to steal $1.5 BILLION Annually and that is not possible. But a motley crew like Tinunbu and his cohorts can supercede that becos they operate like a Mafia unlike the South-South Governors who are soloist.

I seriously doubt any of our politicians will aspire to match Dangotes wealth - one way straight ticket to jail. There is some persisting myth surrounding Asiwajus wealth but I doubt he's interested in surpassing Dangote..
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by amusie: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
officially he is the richest,reason being that he is operating on large volume of cash stole by our politicians,he is only fronting for them as they have no liver to come out and said they are the owners of so and so company.in insurance we called it poll of risk,where people gathered money together to pursue a common objective.sharing ratio is in accordance with what u put in.that is dangote for u
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by petnkool: 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2013
fools!!! hehe , they do not know the richest Nigerian, who is also the richest man in the whole world. I AM ! I am so rich to the point where I hate to be called rich anymore. Money has lost it's meaning to me . I don't even know how much I am worth or even what to do with money anymore, so I started buying what they say "money cannot buy" . I recently acquired six monstrous blue whales deep in the North Atlantic (zigi, Bigi, Nemo, Lady Ann, Lady Boo, and Mario). Billy-Willy (anyway, you may know him as Bill Gates) sold Microsoft to me 5 years ago , but I employed him to keep the business running cos I want to remain an undercover boss. Right now , I have a private spaceship (Called Buzz Light)that allows me to travel to Mars whenever I feel bored on earth , and I currently own the largest franchise on Mars as well, where I am sponsoring a research team of scientist operating of highly developed extra-terrestrial intelligence to figure out how man could live forever by means of an alien-intelligent neuro-radioactive matrix device. I don't eat on gold plates alone but also have ice creams made for me from real gold fluffs . I own just only one bank called the Global Federal Reserve Bank which has on it's list of debtors, 102 individual countries' Federal Reserve Banks. These countries include America, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and our own Nigeria sef among others. Giving you an insight into my WEALTHINESS, who are Dangote, Otedola, Obasanjo, IBB, Fashola, Tinubu, bla bla bla, all of them put together ? They made their change out of a tiny crumb from my bite. So , who is the richest Nigerian ? I AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( IN MY IMAGINATION ) . Phew!!! wow , it sounds good sha ! #grinning
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll:

But have u forgotten that team Tinunbu/Fashola has been in power for 13 years and still counting, in another 8 years time, Team Tinunbu/Fashola/New Governor of Lagos State would be richer than Dangote, considering they would have been in control of the 5th largest economy in Africa for 21 years.

Oga Knowall, please do some research, your Lagos is not Africa's 5th largest economy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_State

the GDP of Lagos cannot possibly be more than $45b growing the 2007 numbers every year by 6 percent.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by amusie: 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
dangote is PDP and PDP iis dangote.that house hold name determine who becomes the president,pls find out how much dangote foundation donates during goodluck jonarthan election.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by tomakint: 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
Etumgbe: Ask forbes magazine
We don't need Forbes to tell us who the richest Nigerian is, Dangote is the richest on paper but realistically, he is not! IBB, SS govs, and few politicians have more than Dangote, afterall Obj made Dangote who he is today by granting him the sole producer of sugar, salt and later cement!
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Dermie: 11:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
KnowAll: With the kind of money some of those South-South Governors get on a monthly basis and spend willy-nilly without any checks, restrictions, or restrain, is it not a fallacy to think Dangote is the richest Nigerian? In Lagos, Tinunbu/Fashola and his cronies who have held the commercial heart of Nigeria for 13 years are the God-Fathers of this city that has the reputation of being the 5th largest economy in Africa if it were a country shocked, Do we know what that interprets into in Pence, Cents, Pounds £££, and Dollars$$$$. shocked

Are these gentlemen who keep on promising us the 4th mainland bridge not richer than Dangote? They and their cronies have bought all the prime lands in Lagos, any infrastructural built by these quite and easy going 'Capone' they make sure they take a token in form of levying the so called 20 million "mugus" in Lagos, the Lekki Toll comes to mind, same thing would be applicable to the Ikoyi-Lekki link Bridge, A token in form of a levy would be paid by anyone who wants to take this short route to Lekki Peninsula, these gentlemen without underestimating their might, would probably build Eko Atlantic City single handedly without any in-put from banks or any financial institutions, are these people not richer than Dangote? lipsrsealed undecided

They Fashola/Tinubu gave Akeredolu a blank cheque to fight the election in Ondo State knowing fully well their man has no chance in hell against a formidable opponent like Mimiko, yet they went ahead and bank-rolled the expedition. All the funds expended on that debacle of an election has now been summarily written off by the duo Tinunbu/Fashola, while Akeredolu is not a penny short despite going through such a titanic battle. If it were to happen to mere mortals like me and you, we would be dead broke. No doubt these two gentlemen, do really have deep pockets.

What of Akpabio, Odili, Udughan, Amechi and Silvia. Nothing on the ground to show they have spent their monthly allocations wisely and judiciously. In Port Harcourt a fly-over that was undergoing construction suddenly crashed, are the good people of Rivers State not short-changed by these cutting-corner roughish tactics of Mr Governor? all we see in Asaba, Uyo and Yenogoa are Keke Nepap, an eye-sore looking vehicle that was never part of the Nigerian terriaine. What has happened to those mouth-watering allocation? shocked Rumours have it Odili owns Arik, Amechi has 2 refineries in Ghana, and Silvia's own houses all over the place which are currently under-going lock-down by EFCC.

Asaba still looks like a village despite the huge allocation from the FG, the only major project done so far in this dispensation is that over-inflated, over-rated and under-use Airport. Silvia built a fantastic Governor's lodge for himself and nothing else, yet for the time he was Governor he got close to a N1 Trillion Naira, what d fuccckk has he done with all those fund?

Akapbio seems to be the knight in shining Armour, at least he built a few over inflated fly-over’s in Uyo Township going to no where . Uyo a city of modest traffic does not need such frivolities at this time of her development, when one looks at a clip of those fly-overs, one cannot but notice those un-ubiquitous keke-nepap gliding over d fly-over’s like kids sliding down a bouncing castle, even at that, one would expect 100's of keke-nepap moving up and down the road but to one's astonishment there appears to be just a few of them on these grandiose, over-inflated road made from gold dust, it would seem. lipsrsealed Rumours have it he is the richest Nigerian(do not quote me) lipsrsealed

So back to my initial Question, Is Dangote still the richest Nigeria?, well maybe, Dangote might edge it by a lttle notch, but if another crony of Tinunbu were to be elected into Alausa, the worth of that tight knit Lagos Mafiosi 'family' would be anyone's guess. cool lipsrsealed
being rich is not by how much you earn.
If you earn and waste all, you can't be rich, that's the logic.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by yertyr(m): 12:03am On Jan 07, 2013
KnowAll: [size=16pt]we all keep on saying theives are the richest Nigeria, how much does Nigeria as a country make a year. And remember the FG has reponsible for all these below and more that I cannot even mention : -

Payments of all Fed Civil Servants including the Army, Airforce, Navy.
Payments for the salary of Customs, Prisons and Immigration.
Paymets of Teachers, Lecturer's and VC's Salary in Federal Schools, Federal Poly's and Fed Universities.
Paymets of Salaries of Federal Parastatal like Nigerian Ports Authority, Nigerian Airports Authority, Nigerian Television Authority e.t.c
Disbursement to States, which will in turn make payments to their civil servants and their parastatals,
Disbursement to Local Goverments,
Maintain Foreign Embassies Abroad.

So "How Much come remain for Head of State to steal now[/size]"
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by palugycolina(m): 12:49am On Jan 07, 2013
igbsam: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! what for ? How can it be Dangote, for wetin now, wey me still dey here dey count my zillions. Dangote is a learner where i dey.

Broda nothing like zillion..
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by fegflu: 12:50am On Jan 07, 2013
arthur nzeribe is worth 934 million pounds as far back as 1988. u knw hw much dat is now,
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by rash47(m): 1:17am On Jan 07, 2013
^ where is that guy? Its being a while.

@ topic
Dangote is fg, fg is dangota. He was a front for Abacha back then,alas there's no rich man in the mold of dangote in nigeria dat did'nt dip his hand in govt. Coffers.

Officially, dangote is, because of his shrewdness as a bussiness man and the direct favours he usually gets at the expense of taxpayers.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by hollypagan: 4:02am On Jan 07, 2013
Have ppl heard of innoson huh alot of igbo rich men
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Slim101(m): 4:24am On Jan 07, 2013
@Op:
And you expect serious minded people to contribute to your post with these your frivolous and unconfirmed claims?? Then I guess Barak Obama should be the richest man in the world by being at the helms of the largest economy, if we go by your theory.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by NegroNtns(m): 4:31am On Jan 07, 2013
richest nigerian man - Dehinde Fernandez
richest nigrrian woman - Folorunsho Alakija

richest nigerian - Dehinde Fernandez.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by enesy4u(m): 6:15am On Jan 07, 2013
LesbianBoy: DAVIDO'S FATHER is richer than dangote!
you b mumu of d first oder

1 Like

Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by NegroNtns(m): 6:52am On Jan 07, 2013
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 07, 2013
Dangote is not exemplary anything.he burrows money from banks to do business.he might not be able to pay back in next 20years.dangote feeds on nigerians through capitalism.the problem with politicians is that that do not invest in nigeria due to fear of EFCC.
KnowAll:

Dangote is an examplary Nigerian, so any Nigerian that believe in hard-work, persevaranve, fairness, and have a competitive spirit would have a soft-spot for a success story whih Dangote represents.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by rabdeluxe(m): 7:49am On Jan 07, 2013
How much does Tinubu worth. Shiii
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by desosa(m): 8:08am On Jan 07, 2013
LesbianBoy: DAVIDO'S FATHER is richer than dangote!

Mumu
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by JMystique(m): 8:13am On Jan 07, 2013
Abacha stole in a week what dangote makes in a year...so did abdulsalam.Dangote's position is official cos its legal,and it'll be a cold day in hell b4 our past leaders declare their assets,hell...even abachas ghost might be richer than dangote
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by nkemKalu: 8:17am On Jan 07, 2013
p.wiz:
He is legally.
WHO LEGALIZED IT?
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2013
igbsam: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! what for ? How can it be Dangote, for wetin now, wey me still dey here dey count my zillions. Dangote is a learner where i dey.

Make I go find bucket of water come pour you make you wake from your day-dream
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 07, 2013
[quote author=afam4eva]Officially, he is.[/quot

My village HEAD is the richest man in NIgeria! He owns Three cows, Two chickens, One duck and One wife! grin grin grin
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by bomzy19: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2013
hw much do u think they pay teachers, doctors and several government workers calculate do ur math, ud knw dat thbey re not always steallin not only our moni but its theirs too
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Emababa: 9:49am On Jan 07, 2013
KnowAll:

Are therefore saying Adenuga is not a billionaire in his own right? and who is Folorunsho? undecided
she's the richest black woman in the world...Folorunsho alakija
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by guvna(m): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2013
Dangote is the richest according to official records. The others you mentioned are government theives!! So it does not really count...because they can never come out to show their net worth.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Afolabs101: 11:22am On Jan 07, 2013
DJTee:

I seriously doubt any of our politicians will aspire to match Dangotes wealth - one way straight ticket to jail. There is some persisting myth surrounding Asiwajus wealth but I doubt he's interested in surpassing Dangote..

It's a race to amass as much wealth as possible. To win elections and hold on to power through yourself or your proxy, you need money, to pay off EFCC and police, you need money. To win sympathy and any assistance from traditional rulers, labour leaders etc, you need money. To fight your political opponents, you need money.

If you are the REAL richest Nigerian, then you have the capacity to control the political space and from there the country. Not that it is automatic, because Dangote may not necessarily be able to win even his Local Government in an election. But if someone like Tinubu continues to amass wealth through the SW states and Lagos, soon you will see his influence increase across states where PDP is having trouble.

So to answer your question, politicians want to amass as much wealth as possible, even if it means becoming richer than Dangote.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Afolabs101: 11:22am On Jan 07, 2013
@OP

So Dangote is worth around $13bn? Lets look at some of our politicians:

IBB - the World Bank estimates that approximately $20 billion was stolen from the Nigeria by his regime. With time and spending on politics and expensive lifestyle, his portion of the $20bn must have reduced. This will be countered by return on investments in biz (glo?) and politics (contracts etc).

Abacha - estimated to have stolen $4bn

Abdulsalam - rumored to have stolen more than Abacha, however he hides it well.

Obasanjo - I believe he is the current richest man in Nigeria. During his time, oil was selling at the highest it had in its history. The kind of oil money Obj, Yar'adua and GEJ have seen, IBB and Abacha could only dream of. During Obj's first term, Atiku chopped heavily and it was when he went to prostrate to Atiku that he really understood that money/patronage is needed for political followership. It is during this second term, with the help of Andy Uba that he took a piece of absolutely everything. We're talking of budgets of over N2-N3 trillion, hundreds of billions of contracts awarded, oil blocks worth hundreds of billions of dollars being given away, Halliburton, Siemens etc, privatization of National assets, Transcorp, Presidential Library and of course $16bn spent on power and the list goes on.......

Others - Cecilia Ibru forfeited $1bn in assets, is that up to 10% of what she stole? Anenih misappropriated $2.5bn in a space of what, a year? We're told that between $6.4 to $12.8 was stolen in one year in the name of subsidy, what about the pension thieves? It is rumored Jerremiah Useni has about 100 houses in Victoria Island and Ikoyi.

Dont forget, during the time Yar'Adua was in Saudi Arabia, Taminu and Aba Ruma were alleged to have chopped N70bn security vote for a period of months. And we haven't even got to GEJ, Diezani and the rest, although I'd say Diezani could well be the richest woman in the world at the moment shocked

The scary thing is the way these people can amass so much wealth so quickly. Dangote may make a profit of $1bn in a good year after a lot of hard work but the Minister of Petroleum can make $1bn in the space of a few months just by changing a few clauses in the PIB in favour of the IOC's or by selling an oil block and chopping the signature bonus. The Governor of Lagos or the Minister of the FCT can become dollar billionaires overnight by allocating land to themselves.

So in conclusion, you just can't compare business people to Nigerian Politicians.
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Afolabs101: 11:23am On Jan 07, 2013
:
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by vandops10(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dangotes money is legal-d govs money is illegal-nothing to prove hw dey made d money.but dey are richer than dangote
Re: Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? by Enchantednas: 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
From my own perspective, Dangote would remain the richest LEGALLY. as for the rest, oh well yall already know of cos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Replies Osinbajo Criticisms With Bible Passages / Kanu To Lose British Citizenship As UK Accepts Nigeria's Designation Of IPOB / Police In Lagos Take Action Against A Gang That Lures Young Men And Rape Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.